• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

So the gaf channel has like 5 billion people in it since this was posted on gaming side, and we still don't have a ranked 5s team in the 1500+ elo area. What give?

naGAF and believe!

We should really start just playing ranked team games when we have 5 on. Realised that we played 5 games with our normal 5 today and never thought of ranked teams.

Sivir+Kiunch's leona = Fed sivir

IsayFever

naGAF and believe!

We should really start just playing ranked team games when we have 5 on. Realised that we played 5 games with our normal 5 today and never thought of ranked teams.

yo son, na is up. play time

bjaelke

Meh, Sejuani's two skins look rather generic. There's so much potential in a mounted champion. She could be riding a T-rex or a bicycle for all I care - not darker alterations of the same boar.

IsayFever

Played some Vlad. Destroyed my lane pretty hard, ended the game 9/6/3 with 327 cs. Of course we lost because our ahri went 0/12/0 and jungle jax went 1/17/1 so yeah all in all it was a pretty shitty game.

red13th

Whoa they raped Vayne. Relevant quote from reddit that made me lol:

Vayne's passive has been changed from "Night Hunter" into "I have the same base move speed as Yi but only if I am running toward someone who is already close to me anyway".

Wrekt

Vayne hits were deserved. I literally can't remember the last game I played where she wasn't picked by at least one team. Most of the time she was on both. Yes, yes, I know that is why you don't play blind pick. But Draft Mode takes 5x as long to find a game, and then you get 5-6 quitters before you finally get a match that actually starts. I don't want to spend 30 minutes to get a game going.

The Skarner nerf puts a big nail in his coffin for me. I've lost all interest in jungling with a team full of tower pushing pugs. I sure as hell don't want to do it with a perpetually empty mana bar.

Those Vlad changes make him look mighty tempting now. My champ listing is starting to look like a who's-who of AP mids though, and I need to branch out a bit more. Still though, free Hemos? I'm ok with that.

bjaelke

Vladimir is also a viable solo top champion because of his natural sustain. I run ignite/heal on him after they buffed heal. I can only imagine what a pain he must be to lane against now.

EXGN

The Skarner nerf puts a big nail in his coffin for me. I've lost all interest in jungling with a team full of tower pushing pugs. I sure as hell don't want to do it with a perpetually empty mana bar.

I JUST bought Skarner over the weekend too. I'm hoping Blue will keep me topped off until I get into my build (which includes Frozen Heart and Sheen). Makes no sense that they pretty much just brought Slash back to the same cost it was before.

EDIT: Actually, just as this post on Reddit. A valid commentary, IMO -

Since you'll get your first blue you can ignore the mana increase for ranks 1 and 2. Rank 3 onward, the increase in mana cost means that for every three Crystal Slashes you did before this patch you now can only do two, or 1/3 less Qs, which translates to 1/3 less camps if you only take into account your Q damage.

But you don't just have Q damage, you have your autos. A Skarner ability/autoattack rotation, to be outrageously charitable to Crystal Slash cooldowns, was 2 autos and a q. Crystal Slash was only ever ~3/5 of Skarner's damage to clear camps, at most, averaged across camps.
So you're losing 1/3 of 3/5, or about 1/5 of your damage. So basically what the Crystal Slash nerf comes down to is that, when you have to base due to mana, you got one less camp for every 5 camps you did during that time.

Is this a big deal? Skarner already has god-tier speed coupled with S-rank ganking at 6. Hitting his sustained speed clearing by adding a harder cap to how long he can spam Qs seems perfectly reasonable. At worst his build options are decreased since you're incentivized to grab a sapphire crystal and go the triforce route rather than aegis or something.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
A big wtf that they removed Winter from the map rotation. We need more not less in terms of map variants IMO.

PS: Awww Rammy got nerfed. I won't QQ though as he was pretty OP. LOL

bjaelke

This guy was on my team. His name means "The n***** butcher". He had more than 300 wins and apparently hadn't received any reports before. smh.

Finally, a Vlad buff!

Him and I are gonna have sexy time at top lane <3

I laned against a Vlad top. He made me angry and think "Man, this is so busted!"... as GAREN. So I expect you to solo top as Vlad.

So the gaf channel has like 5 billion people in it since this was posted on gaming side, and we still don't have a ranked 5s team in the 1500+ elo area. What give?

Well, I keep rotating Funkasaurus to include whomever is available. We can do more 5Ranked.

Also, I miss Leona/Jarvan bot.

spoonztt

Hey guys, I just recently started playing this and I'm looking for a recommendation on a hero that's similar in play style to Wukong. So far I've only ever used Wukong and Ashe but prefer Wukong more.

Hey guys, I just recently started playing this and I'm looking for a recommendation on a hero that's similar in play style to Wukong. So far I've only ever used Wukong and Ashe but prefer Wukong more.

Wukong is a bruiser. Some other bruisers with gap closers are Jax, Irelia, Renekton, Xin, Pantheon. That should get you started.

If you like his clone ability, look at Shaco, but he plays pretty different but is the only other one really where you get to play mind games.

bjaelke

How do you check how many reports a person has?
I contacted support right after the game because I was really shocked by the name.

You should try Renekton or Irelia. Renekton is free this week and perhaps the one that resembles Wukong's play style the most.

Edit: or go with some of the suggestions in the post above mine.

Graves is now a clearly better pick than vayne...

Methinks sivir is the queen of bot now. Especially with taric.

Trist/Alistar baby!

And I'm thinking about buying the new champ and using her as a support although I think her best role will prolly be jungle.

Intermed fun. I tried messing around with a tank + hybrid DPS wick. I'd replace Malady with Madred if I had enough money. Friend tried Mundo for the first time.

Well, I got really tanky lol. There was one looooooooong team fight near the enemy tower and I still had full HP by the end of it. Gonna try it on Normal some time.

ibgxf6FlZxZgSN.png

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I love Renekton. His W hits like a truck early game, and following it up with a Q and an Ignite is basically a guaranteed kill against most characters.

EXGN

Intermed fun. I tried messing around with a tank + hybrid DPS wick. I'd replace Malady with Madred if I had enough money. Friend tried Mundo for the first time.

Well, I got really tanky lol. There was one looooooooong team fight near the enemy tower and I still had full HP by the end of it. Gonna try it on Normal some time.

*pic snip*

I would suggest Frozen Heart on WW as well. The CDR helps him get his ult quicker and also solves any mana issues. My typical WW build looks like Doran's ring/Boots/Spirit Visage/Wit's End/Frozen Heart/Madred's Blood Razer.

spoonztt

Wukong is a bruiser. Some other bruisers with gap closers are Jax, Irelia, Renekton, Xin, Pantheon. That should get you started.

If you like his clone ability, look at Shaco, but he plays pretty different but is the only other one really where you get to play mind games.

You should try Renekton or Irelia. Renekton is free this week and perhaps the one that resembles Wukong's play style the most.

Edit: or go with some of the suggestions in the post above mine.

Thanks guys will look into them.

Ferrio

Banned
naGAF and believe!

Ya, believe is 2 for 2. Win our first 10 games then hang up our belt!

I JUST bought Skarner over the weekend too. I'm hoping Blue will keep me topped off until I get into my build (which includes Frozen Heart and Sheen). Makes no sense that they pretty much just brought Slash back to the same cost it was before.

EDIT: Actually, just as this post on Reddit. A valid commentary, IMO -

I always get philostone for my skarner when jungling, seems to be an even better first item now.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't mind playing ranked team games as long as everyone laughs and doesn't rage, but I haven't seen much anyone play them since I joined. I think I'm on two of the nub teams. :D

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Suddenly Vlads everywhere. Dude is pretty much Kennen v2 now. Can't be ganked. Super harass that's all free. Good sustain. I will have to buy one or the other to keep up.

I do have a 100% win ratio with gaf ranked! 3/3.

While I don't rage I do take ranked as real serious internet bizness. If you pick a weak champion or take bad summoner spells, I'm not super pleased. Like, if I wanted to troll and make the jokes I'd just play normal (Kiunch AP kogmaw with archangels and manamune). To me, playing ranked together is the unspoken agreement that we're all here to win.

With the vlad buffs, I guess its time to polish up kennen and katarina.

dimb

So back to crying about OP Vlad. Suddenly it feels like 2010 again.
The buffs were just crazy. He's clearing the lane like nothing, doesn't really have any big drains on his health anymore, and has a strong early game with the new timers. Even if he's getting pushed he can tank creep waves without issue after just a few levels. Right now there isn't really any reason to play another AP mid than Kennen and Vlad unless they're taken/banned. I don't really get why Riot thinks these champions with no weaknesses are okay.

Ferrio

Banned
Well guess we have a new person to ban mid then since we won't be banning tryn. Good, he was annoying as hell even when he wasn't strong.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I don't understand the passive nerf on Vayne. The damage I can understand and the Ult stealth i can sort of understand but that passive is what made Vayne quite a unique carry. Ugh. This is so stupid. People think soloqueue/pubstomping champions should always be freaking nerfed.

Blizzard

Banned
The buffs were just crazy. He's clearing the lane like nothing, doesn't really have any big drains on his health anymore, and has a strong early game with the new timers. Even if he's getting pushed he can tank creep waves without issue after just a few levels. Right now there isn't really any reason to play another AP mid than Kennen and Vlad unless they're taken/banned. I don't really get why Riot thinks these champions with no weaknesses are okay.
Are there any reasonable counters to kennen or vlad? I know Xerath has long range, but I really had trouble hitting his combo stun near teamfights since you have to land a skillshot after the target click.

I thought about playing vlad way back in the day since I heard vlad and shaco were two champions that could really troll the other team, and I like trolling the other team (as long as I win and do well in the process). It sounds like with the buff it's finally time to try him for real.

ELECTRASTAR TEACH ME THE SECRETS OF VLAD

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Kennan doesn't scale very well. 2nd, its not hard to shut him down either. Exactly the same as Fiddle where some decent warding and a knockback/lockdown takes care of it. Janna or Alistar being the big two.

Vlad never made sense to me. Same with Aki. Specifically the pool and shadow. Those skills have always provided ult level utility to the character, but at level 2 in both cases. It gives each of them far too much lean way in a lane.

dimb

Kennan doesn't scale very well. 2nd, its not hard to shut him down either. Exactly the same as Fiddle where some decent warding and a knockback/lockdown takes care of it. Janna or Alistar being the big two.
I don't really get the comparison to Fiddle at all. He is really bad right now. Fiddlesticks has some of the worst farm in the game, especially into late game because he can't clear waves. That is like...the opposite of Kennen. Fiddlesticks is a close range champion based around catching the opponent off guard and ulting in.

Not sure I'd agree that Kennen doesn't scale well either. His damage remains strong, but even if it didn't, he would still bring stuns and massive amounts of AOE to the table.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Ya, it's a nice item for shyvana I think too. More reason to pop a abyssal scepter on her. Though she's still going to suck.

Depending on testing, I feel like Wriggles and Ionic Spark combo will be great items for junglers and possibly a new meta building around it.

Blizzard

Banned
You guys just wait until you see my ionic spark Teemo. I mean, he's cute NOW, but imagine him being cute and shooting lightning! It's like volibear, but smaller!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom