• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I'll say it straight up. A lot of the people who have problems, always seem to be starting them.

Basically don't make it a habit to rag on people because that attitude always carries over.

usually the dude that rags the most is always playing xin. i am not sying that ONLY people who play xin are jerks *cough*. but when ever i run into a xin. they're usually jerks.

Blizzard

Banned
guys i need help. i need a range charc. its just one of things i need. i have two tanks (shy garen) and shaco, master yi, trist, and that bull like guy with a nose ring. but i need a ranged charc.

also fuck solo que so much.
If you're low level, tristana is a good ranged champion. If you don't want AD, Annie is a decent ranged AP champion, and she's really cheap even with IP. :) Her range isn't SUPER long but it's ranged.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
If you're low level, tristana is a good ranged champion. If you don't want AD, Annie is a decent ranged AP champion, and she's really cheap even with IP. :) Her range isn't SUPER long but it's ranged.

I thought trist had one of the longest range in the game.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
i am level 20 or just became level 20 (i wish i wasn't, solo que is a bitch now) but yea i tried any. i didn't like her.
What's wrong with trist? She's got the largest autoattack range in game, least at the end. Caitlyn has great range throughout. If you're looking for AP/support there's lux, but she involves skillshots. There's also xerath which is a longer range nuker who also is comprised of skillshots.
see i was thinking cait but then she got nurfd and then i am like ok sure w/e ill go graves but he also got nurf'd, twice.... =( and i know i can do xerath but he'll need practice esp with the W, same thing with lux, maybe even more so with lux, but goddamn that rainbow laser.
i just might. i was thinking graves for the longest time though.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
i am level 20 or just became level 20 (i wish i wasn't, solo que is a bitch now) but yea i tried any. i didn't like her.

see i was thinking cait but then she got nurfd and then i am like ok sure w/e ill go graves but he also got nurf'd, twice.... =( and i know i can do xerath but he'll need practice esp with the W, same thing with lux, maybe even more so with lux, but goddamn that rainbow laser.

Graves recently got a nerf and I don't think he's as strong as he used to be which is awesome in my opinion. I feel like Lux takes a lot of practice and skill to use so you might not be comfortable with her. If you do want to play a ranged ad then I highly recommend cait or ashe. However, if you want more active champs for ad carry then i'd recommend vayne but she takes a while to learn.

Ferrio

Banned

Just realize if you get lux, she's not a carry. There are those odd games you can somehow score a ton of kills and your laser becomes the touch of death on squishies but those are rare. Also if you play her, don't become one of those annoying luxes that use their laser only at the end of fights to get the kill. Spring it soon as the fight initiates and you got a good shot. With some cooldown reduction items, that thing is up all the time.. no reason to save it for killsteals. Sometimes you can use it twice in a single fight if it lasts awhile.

Anyways, my point is she's a weird hybrid between ap carry/support. She's not great at either, so it's always weird fitting her in the current meta.

Achtius

GettingoutofELOhell.png

Slowly getting out of elo hell.

Blizzard

Banned
I thought trist had one of the longest range in the game.
I mean Annie's spells don't seem very long-range to me, compared to say, xerath or morgana or cass or whoever you might meet midlane. She's still good though.

Also, if you don't like nerfs, this may not be the game for you. Especially with the monetization model, it seems the normal way for things to go is for new champions to be quite powerful, and then a nerf or two or three will hit them in time for more 6300 IP champions to come up. In general your favortie character will be nerfed eventually, unless it's like Eve who was already nerfed. :p

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Anyways, my point is she's a weird hybrid between ap carry/support. She's not great at either, so it's always weird fitting her in the current meta.
I believe she is at the bottom of the barrel in tournements and she has the worst AP scale for AP carries and Support.

Wrekt

When I hit level 30, I had about 30 more wins than losses.

Then I've gotten a neverending shit storm of horrible teammates. Just got out of a 20 minute game where every other played on my team had at least 7 deaths. I had 0 at mid against a Vlad.

In other news, I finally fought a good Kennen. I still shut him down pretty well in the laning phase, but he managed to rack up enough CS to snowball near the end. I still locked him down as Malz, but if my team didn't kill him before my ult was up, we were pretty much fucked.

So I've been playing Soraka recently, and wow I did not know her Q's magic reduction can go to 12 per stack, so she can cause -120 magic resist for all enemies around her. Gonna try a tank once I get home, can't wait, she'll be amazing with AP allies.

Mercenary Treads
Frozen Heart
Will of the Ancients
Warmog
Force of Nature
Spirit Visage

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
When I hit level 30, I had about 30 more wins than losses.

Then I've gotten a neverending shit storm of horrible teammates. Just got out of a 20 minute game where every other played on my team had at least 7 deaths. I had 0 at mid against a Vlad.

In other news, I finally fought a good Kennen. I still shut him down pretty well in the laning phase, but he managed to rack up enough CS to snowball near the end. I still locked him down as Malz, but if my team didn't kill him before my ult was up, we were pretty much fucked.

this is happening to me right now. i just reached level 20. and its not like the enemy team is good. its just my team is worse. i feel as if solo que is broken.

Achtius

So I've been playing Soraka recently, and wow I did not know her Q's magic reduction can go to 12 per stack, so she can cause -120 magic resist for all enemies around her. Gonna try a tank once I get home, can't wait, she'll be amazing with AP allies.

Mercenary Treads
Frozen Heart
Will of the Ancients
Warmog
Force of Nature
Spirit Visage

good luck getting that much gold.

I find Sejuani really good, but somewhat slow in the jungle early on. She can't clear that fast until you can get at least 2 points in E. Her W is relatively weak because you have to be able to attack each target to frost them. She also takes a large amount of damage with the creeps. I need to experiment more on jungle route and build order. Sse's a monster when she starts getting around level 8 or 9 though.

Is Renekton worth the purchase? I've played a couple of games with him so far and I really enjoy him early on. Late game though, his damage seems to fall off quite a bit. I like his playstyle but at the same time, I don't want to waste so much IP on a champion with a terrible late game.

John

I wish there was a way to learn new champs against human players that didn't impede on your elo-equivalent teammates' games. Tried to learn Vlad today, so I did a bot game just to learn the abilities etc, and then got crushed against two human teams, which I'm ambivalent towards, feeling bad because I kind of ruined the game for my team, and unfairly, overly challenged, because, learning a new champion against level 30 5-man premades, I feel like I never really stood a chance. I got to level 30 essentially playing two champs the entire way (Heimer then Fiddle), and in a level 30 normal solo queue game they're just not that useful, and considering how important team composition is, it's impractical to be competent at just one role. So basically I'm level 30 but I still feel like I barely know how to play the game.

The obvious solution I suppose is to smurf. So I guess I'll forget any non-free 6300 IP champs and do that.

I wish there was a way to learn new champs against human players that didn't impede on your elo-equivalent teammates' games. Tried to learn Vlad today, so I did a bot game just to learn the abilities etc, and then got crushed against two human teams, which I'm ambivalent towards, feeling bad because I kind of ruined the game for my team, and unfairly, overly challenged, because, learning a new champion against level 30 5-man premades, I feel like I never really stood a chance. I got to level 30 essentially playing two champs the entire way (Heimer then Fiddle), and in a level 30 normal solo queue game they're just not that useful, and considering how important team composition is, it's impractical to be competent at just one role. So basically I'm level 30 but I still feel like I barely know how to play the game.

The obvious solution I suppose is to smurf. So I guess I'll forget any non-free 6300 IP champs and do that.

I don't know if I could stand sticking on one champion at a time. If you ever look at my match history I normally have 8-10 different champs in the last 10 games. Learning to play different champs and different roles is a key part of your development as a player and if you fail to do that as you get to 30, you are going to be far behind the competition. It's probably going to be a few hard games learning new roles, but you should be able to do it.

y2dvd

Had this dude take top, die once, switches from top to bottom with our support, die once more, and quits the game, all under 10 minutes. In a ranked game! Fuck I'm boiled up!

bjaelke

Yeah, Malphite was the first champion I learned to play, but I could never find a role for him before the new jungle. Love the guy, might be my new main jungler if the skarner nerfs are too much.
He also does a very good job at top against a lot of the AD bruisers.

bjaelke

This might be the lowest CS I've ever achieved at the 40 min. mark. All my income came from roaming and ganking.
can't see anything

Revolver with spell vamp and ability power + it's the only gun-like item in the game and it doesn't really help AD carries.

All the Mac players are screwed over by the new patch for the time being. :( Hopefully it can be fixed, but it was always a little sketchy using an unsupported client anyway.

Mercenary Treads
Frozen Heart
Will of the Ancients
Warmog
Force of Nature
Spirit Visage

Aaaaand the result:

i7VP3itFvrDgW.png

I'll just swap Spirit Visage with Soul Shroud or Aegis since I forgot Visage passive is only for yourself.

Had a really funny moment when three guys chased me after we lost a teamfight (everyone else returned or died). I was so tanky I killed their Fizz and could have killed the Fiddlestick with my E if I saw him sooner. I felt like Singed, except that Q just keeps getting stronger. I had ~3500HP with ~60% AD/AP reduction plus red buff so burn baby burn. Is red buff's damage not nerfed for non-single attacks? In case you're wondering, LoL in our region is only updated every 1-2 months so red buff still works for spells (and Ninja Tabi still has dodge).

It was a pretty good match though. Thought we lost by midgame and had to focus on defense for quite a while since we had an inhibitor down.

Blizzard

Banned
My impressions:

1. I bought Jax since he's cheap and makes funny bam bam BAM *whomp whomp* noises. I don't know how to build him so I maxed Q and tried to build AS, AD and lifesteal items. He seems amusing to hump people with early on, but I think I would need to become an expert at timing the stun and knowing when to ult. I was probably not doing the damage I should have been since I would forget to use W and/or R.

2. Riven still seems viable. If I recall correctly her damage should be slightly MORE than it was before, once Q and W are both level 5, though I may be wrong due to cooldown times. At any rate, my rough impressions are that maxing W is still the way to go. Q is just too valuable for movement to try to max it first and get the full combo damage out of it, since you have to be in their face for it, as opposed to W which can just be hit out of a dash or hop. I got owned by a teemo who went boots first, was an expert last hitter, kept moving constantly, and had a team full of people who were also expert last hitters. I went 7/0 against a mundo, but he wasn't good.

Who is a good top counter against chogath? He is extremely good against riven due to the constant health and mana regen, his ability to clear minion waves instantly, and double disables that stop all of riven's abilities.

Last but not least, I think there is even more reason to choose boots first on riven now due to the reduced movement speed.

Ferrio

Banned
You were right Ferrio, they changed the speed of the shop loading screens. Riot didn't put it into the patch notes.

Oh good, thought I was going crazy especially since you guys didn't notice it.

So played nothing but Sejuanni last night. I only jungled with her since I don't see how she could possibly lane since she needs items. I ran 0/21/9 masteries, and armor seals, mr/lvl glyphs, mr pent/armor pent marks, mr pent quints.

Skill order I used:

W->Q->E. Then level R>W>E>Q.

My build:
-Regrowth + 1 pot
-Regrowth -> Philo
-Merc boots
-Kindlegem
-Glacial Heart
-Warmogs

Usually game ends there. Thinking from there finishing my shurelia's, then getting a situational item or another warmogs if I'm nuts. Maybe some more magic resist.

My observations of her:

Cons:
-Starting jungling is really slow. You can easily get counter jungled.
-Blue is utterly needed. If it's stolen from you, you're screwed.
-She clears slow early levels. I often find myself underleveled early game.
-Her high cooldowns suck. Why I rush the cd reduction items. Luckily they're both tanky items (kindle scales with her W also), so it fits her build nicely.
-She's a straight up tank in this build, so not much carrying with her. Don't think she'd fair well building damage really. Her cds are so long, and ratios not that great that it doesn't seem useful.
-I couldn't seem to capitalize on pre 6 ganks that much. I think I might run flash instead of ghost.
-Her passive is trash. The slow itself isn't bad, just the fact that she already has 2 other ways to apply frost (aoe no less), that it seems very redundant. Also the passive is useless when jungling.

Pros:
-Her kit works really nice together, and all her skills are useful. The only bad thing is her passive.
-Her Q is great on her, chasing down enemies for your team, through walls, whatever. Great skill. Still learning it's range since I'm on smartcast.
-Her ult is amazing, one of the best stuns in the game (imo) sans it cooldown. It's very easy to hit and has a nice range. Along with your E it can really lock down a team for some good damage from the carries.
-She clears minions really fast later in the game. A simple Q->E will decimate a wave of minions. Lets you catch up if you're underleveled.

Overall a solid tank with some great utility. My only real complaint would be she's very vulnerable in the jungle in the early levels, often making me very paranoid of a leesin ganking my ass.

Who is a good top counter against chogath? He is extremely good against riven due to the constant health and mana regen, his ability to clear minion waves instantly, and double disables that stop all of riven's abilities.

I don't think there are any good counters to chogath. He's very passive in lane, so you pretty much just have to out farm him and get assistance from a jungler to kill him. Trying to harass him with most champions will just waste your time.

Last but not least, I think there is even more reason to choose boots first on riven now due to the reduced movement speed.

Agreed.

bluemax

Banned
I tried jungle Jax for the lulz last night, his clear speed is pretty decent and his ganks are okay. Hard to fully judge given that my team was a bunch of incompetent 12 year olds who didn't speak English.

Still not sure I'd pick him over other junglers, but I'd say he's at least usable again.

Ferrio

Banned
Play her as you'd play support Leona.

Thought about it, don't think it'd be nearly as good. Leona gets by on very little items. She has way lower cooldowns, and her W makes her tanky early game with no items. She also has a stun pre lvl 6.

Sej is very item dependant, so she needs cash. All of Sej's skills have high cooldowns, two of which don't lower with levels. She has no innate tankyness from skills. Her slow is negligible early game especially compared to leona's stun. So her harass would suck, and she'd get killed quick. She would be no threat to bot lane at all.

bjaelke

Sure, Leona is better than Sejuani as an aggressive support. Then again, Lee Sin is a better jungler. Her kit works fine as a support tank - just need a few adjustments in the number department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom