• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
AP Shyvana?
How? That sounds interesting but the only thing I can think of that scales is her E?

She's an odd beast. 2 of her abilities scale with AD, 2 with AP. But 3 of her abilities are magic damage (her W most notably). So it's very advantageous to lower people's magic resistances. Especially if you're buying the attack speed/magic on hit items like Ionic Spark/Wit's End/Mandreds.

XeroSauce

She's an odd beast. 2 of her abilities scale with AD, 2 with AP. But 3 of her abilities are magic damage (her W most notably). So it's very advantageous to lower people's magic resistances. Especially if you're buying the attack speed/magic on hit items like Ionic Spark/Wit's End/Mandreds.

Ah, that's cool. I've always had fun with her when she was free; I'll try those out on her.

Blizzard

Banned
We're all going to be fighting for top now. I want solo top riven/vlad/whoever, southern wants garen/yorick/jarvan, electra wants vlad... :p

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm claiming jungle duty today. Between the new champ and trying spark on shyvana, i'll be stuck in there for awhile.

Jungle Shyv is going to be absolutely amazing now especially with Spark. I'm gonna try it on Shyv later with Wriggles to see how well it works.

We're all going to be fighting for top now. I want solo top riven/vlad/whoever, southern wants garen/yorick/jarvan, electra wants vlad... :p

I could always go bot as Jarvan, np.

Need a Leona, though.

I think I might have to play bot games just to get used to jungle.

Christ, I am so terrible at it.

Blizzard

Banned
I could always go bot as Jarvan, np.

Need a Leona, though.

I think I might have to play bot games just to get used to jungle.

Christ, I am so terrible at it.
People frown on bot games, and they very probably won't help you gank, but for people (such as myself) who need to practice jungle clearing order/timing/health stuff, trying a few custom or bot games before trying it in 5v5 can really help avoid some basic problems with the first few levels I'd say. I really don't like the jungle much anymore since it seems to take so long to gain levels.

Ferrio

Banned
You know, it just donned on me that the banning process in League is sorta stupid. Since you ban upfront then there's not much actual decision making in it other than "Who's overpowered?". They should alternate the banning/picking.

Jungle Shyv is going to be absolutely amazing now especially with Spark. I'm gonna try it on Shyv later with Wriggles to see how well it works.
Amazingly bad? She is still going to suck because she has 0 ganking potential. No matter what items you get on her early on she will still be weak for ganking.

garath

Vayne, Morgana, Rammus and Kassadin free week. Wow. Blind pick will be a mess :)

Definitely interested in trying Malphite.

might be the week I buy irelia so I can have someone I know how to play well that isn't on the free list.

ugh. Just noticed the Vayne nerfs. That sucks. I play her the most. She's already not that great of a burst damage champ and the tumble nerf makes it worse. Going to probably start building her as an attack speed AD again.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Amazingly bad? She is still going to suck because she has 0 ganking potential. No matter what items you get on her early on she will still be weak for ganking.

Well, lack of CC makes it hard for her to gank period but she's going to be awesome at clearing jungles and pushing now.

Blizzard

Banned
You know, it just donned on me that the banning process in League is sorta stupid. Since you ban upfront then there's not much actual decision making in it other than "Who's overpowered?". They should alternate the banning/picking.
In theory there's some sort of awesome strategy like "I'm going to play teemo mid, and kassadin is the ONLY champion in the game who can counter teemo, so I'll preemptively ban kassadin so I'm guaranteed to win". In practice with nearly 100 champions it doesn't work out that way.

What I think is stupid is that the team that gets to ban first also gets to pick first, but maybe I just don't understand the logic to that. I guess picking last actually gives the last-pick team a bit of an advantage, since that (lowest ELO) last person can pick say, Eve to counter the enemy team. Who knows.

Ferrio

Banned
Well, lack of CC makes it hard for her to gank period but she's going to be awesome at clearing jungles and pushing now.

She was already, didn't really help her any. No point in clearing jungle fast if you can't actually kill anyone laning. Think I might just play aggressive counter jungle with her.

bjaelke

Wickd rapes voy!

I know I should support a fellow Dane, but Wickd is limited by his champions. Take out Irelia and he becomes an "ordinary" top laner. You can't target ban Voyboy - he's more versatile when it comes to champions: Akali, Renekton, Rumble and Kennen.

Ferrio

Banned
Shyvana is soooo much fun.

Went Wriggles ---> Boots ---> Phage ---> Wit's End ---> Mallet ---> Atma's ---> Ionic.

I'm not going to push wit's end so early with her anymore. With merc boots and her innate magic resist it should be good enough till late game. Going to get phage->ionic->mallet, then go from there.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Now that Vlad's big Malzahar can come back into the scene. His ult destroys Vlad.

Played some Shyvana for the first time today. She's better than I thought. Dunno that I'd ever buy her though.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Never played this type of game before and I have heard the communities are quite horrible for newbies. Is it even worth trying to learn or will i have people bitching at me the whole time?

Blizzard

Banned
Never played this type of game before and I have heard the communities are quite horrible for newbies. Is it even worth trying to learn or will i have people bitching at me the whole time?
I'm gearing up to complain at you before you even start playing!

If you have thick skin and find other people lower than level 30 in the ingame neogaf chat channel, it's not bad. If you play with random people other than against bots, prepare to be insulted.

IsayFever

Game is quite fun, and the community isn't *that* bad. If you're in North America (or Australia) we have our own community that is very welcoming and helpful.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't feel like I got berated too much when I started the game. There are loads of new players all the time because the game is so popular, so if you're new you usually are going to wind up with other players who are in the same boat as you. Nobody really cares about anything that's going on 1-29. I build all sorts of stupid stuff at level 30 for fun and nobody ever really gets mad at me for the most part, and when they do it's usually just funny.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I don't feel like I got berated too much when I started the game. There are loads of new players all the time because the game is so popular, so if you're new you usually are going to wind up with other players who are in the same boat as you. Nobody really cares about anything that's going on 1-29. I build all sorts of stupid stuff at level 30 for fun and nobody ever really gets mad at me for the most part, and when they do it's usually just funny.

Ahh ok so it really starts to get serious at lvl30. Cooool, I think ill try it out then! Thanks everyone!

Ferrio

Banned
Ya same I didn't get too much bad mouthing, except from the occasional smurf. Just try to avoid playing bot matches as much as possible, they don't play like humans at all. They're a crutch so when you eventually play real people you'll get smoked.

A Penguin

Malphite is so strong right now. Clears the jungle extremely fast and safe. His ultimate, however, is very unforgiving. If you miss, you'll have to wait for a long time.

Yeah, Malphite was the first champion I learned to play, but I could never find a role for him before the new jungle. Love the guy, might be my new main jungler if the skarner nerfs are too much.

This game does have quite a steep learning curve, in my opinion. I gotta admit, I hated this game when I first tried it. I had no idea what to do or what any of the champions did but this game was all my friends played so I learned to enjoy the game as I played more and more.

Some advice: focus on mechanics first, that is, perfecting one champion and making sure you get last hitting down. Bot games can help with this. With mechanics down decently, you can learn the game through that one champion, by beginning to consider and incorporate strategy. Seriously, if you practice how to last hit decently, you'll be two steps ahead of the competition at lower levels. Last hits->money->items->kills->steamroll to victory

Also, use solomid.net to look up guides for your selected champion. It's generally considered the best guide site with many pros as authors.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
guys i need help. i need a range charc. its just one of things i need. i have two tanks (shy garen) and shaco, master yi, trist, and that bull like guy with a nose ring. but i need a ranged charc.

also fuck solo que so much.

Domstercool

I'm not a very good LoL player, but this put a smile on my face ^_^

sweetlolvj1ew.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'll say it straight up. A lot of the people who have problems, always seem to be starting them.

Basically don't make it a habit to rag on people because that attitude always carries over.

Ferrio

Banned
guys i need help. i need a range charc. its just one of things i need. i have two tanks (shy garen) and shaco, master yi, trist, and that bull like guy with a nose ring. but i need a ranged charc.

also fuck solo que so much.

What's wrong with trist? She's got the largest autoattack range in game, least at the end. Caitlyn has great range throughout. If you're looking for AP/support there's lux, but she involves skillshots. There's also xerath which is a longer range nuker who also is comprised of skillshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom