• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Revolver with spell vamp and ability power + it's the only gun-like item in the game and it doesn't really help AD carries.
Miss Fortune does scale off ability power though. Not that I think you should build it or anything.

Ferrio

Banned
Sure, Leona is better than Sejuani as an aggressive support. Then again, Lee Sin is a better jungler. Her kit works fine as a support tank - just need a few adjustments in the number department.

Difference being is you're comparing one of the best junglers (the best?) to her jungling, and a lackluster support to her support.

Ya she's not as good as lee sin, but that's aiming really high. You're setting the low bar comparing her to leona and she doesn't even reach it.

garath

Never played this type of game before and I have heard the communities are quite horrible for newbies. Is it even worth trying to learn or will i have people bitching at me the whole time?

As someone who just started 3 weeks ago myself, don't be intimidated. There's a few smurfs (lvl 30s with a second account) in the low level area but the 1-12 level range scales pretty nicely as everyone starts to figure out the overall metagame and how to play. Just pick a free champ, read up on some buying guides and pick a top or bottom lane and go.

I found it a lot of fun and I'm glad I started.

y2dvd

My impressions:
Who is a good top counter against chogath? He is extremely good against riven due to the constant health and mana regen, his ability to clear minion waves instantly, and double disables that stop all of riven's abilities.

Being a Cho player, I find Renekton to be really annoying. Most other bruisers I can phase out but an aggressive Renekton will do more dmg than I can gain back.

dimb

Isn't singed pretty good as well?
It's pretty easy for Cho'gath to take control of the lane early against Singed. As long as he controls the lane he can restore enough life and mana back to win that lane easily. You have to be able to stop Cho from farming as much as possible.

IsayFever

Yeah a good Kennen is annoying too. Dude's too mobile for me to land stun. >:O I keep feeling they need a cheap MR equivalent to Cloth armor.
Singeds usually pushes lanes which I don't mind so it's not as bad.

Null-Magic Mantle + pot is the best you can do

Any EU players in here? Would love to get together for some matches, if anyone's up for it. Just started refreshing my skills after a year abroad.

My username is Djungelfrukt. Hit me up with a friend request!

bjaelke

^
You're mid against Leblanc.
Any EU players in here? Would love to get together for some matches, if anyone's up for it. Just started refreshing my skills after a year abroad.

My username is Djungelfrukt. Hit me up with a friend request!

West or East?
Difference being is you're comparing one of the best junglers (the best?) to her jungling, and a lackluster support to her support.

Ya she's not as good as lee sin, but that's aiming really high. You're setting the low bar comparing her to leona and she doesn't even reach it.

But I'm not comparing her to regular support champions. I'm comparing her to aggressive support/tanky champions, because that's what I see her as - and Leona happens to be one of the best when it comes to that. Just like Lee Sin is one of the best junglers. I could have named 10 other junglers and they would all have been better compared to Sejuani. At least from my limited experience with her. I reckon she'll barely make tier 2 on Stonewall's Jungle Tier List.

I'm aware that "jungler" is a pretty wide term that covers a large pool of champions compared to "aggressive support". All I was suggesting was, that she had the kit to fulfill both roles.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
kqJi4.png

QZSlJ.jpg

finally omg. i am so happy. even though i shouldn't be T_T

The opposing team might be the first team I've ever seen to actually not get any MR at all. Sometimes people at least pick up Merc Treds, which is a bit, but no Merc Treds, no nothing. Everyone on your team deals substantial magic damage too.

Ferrio

Banned
The opposing team might be the first team I've ever seen to actually not get any MR at all. Sometimes people at least pick up Merc Treds, which is a bit, but no Merc Treds, no nothing. Everyone on your team deals substantial magic damage too.

Two boots of swiftness, and someone without boots at all too.

edit: Also complex, I don't play morgana but I don't think tear->archangels is that good for her. Doubt she spams her spells enough to make use of it.

dimb

edit: Also complex, I don't play morgana but I don't think tear->archangels is that good for her. Doubt she spams her spells enough to make use of it.
Stack a few Doran's Rings. All day, every day.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Two boots of swiftness, and someone without boots at all too.

i spam spells, but yea i don't need that much mana

edit: the only reason teemo doesn't have boots is becuase he was in mid lane with me for the longest time. no one died and no one left....well untill i killed him, then his team quit.
Stack a few Doran's Rings. All day, every day.
yea i might just do this next time. much cheaper.

MultiCore

I just realized that I smartcast karth's wall. When you non-smartcast it do you get to pick it's rotation/start/stop?

No. It's all relative to your current position, and your cursor position.

If you wouldn't move your cursor to a different location, then it won't make any difference.

percephone

Neo Member
As someone who just started 3 weeks ago myself, don't be intimidated. There's a few smurfs (lvl 30s with a second account) in the low level area but the 1-12 level range scales pretty nicely as everyone starts to figure out the overall metagame and how to play. Just pick a free champ, read up on some buying guides and pick a top or bottom lane and go.

I found it a lot of fun and I'm glad I started.

It's my 3rd week of so. I play casually during the night. I'm now level 13 and got EMPIRED yesterday in the in-house gaf game.

I'm trying Jungling now. We'll see how it goes.

It's my 3rd week of so. I play casually during the night. I'm now level 13 and got EMPIRED yesterday in the in-house gaf game.

By the way, we appreciate you playing with us. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

P.S. If you're in a game with me, I am in every bush.

Ferga

My impressions:

1. I bought Jax since he's cheap and makes funny bam bam BAM *whomp whomp* noises. I don't know how to build him so I maxed Q and tried to build AS, AD and lifesteal items. He seems amusing to hump people with early on, but I think I would need to become an expert at timing the stun and knowing when to ult. I was probably not doing the damage I should have been since I would forget to use W and/or R.

2. Riven still seems viable. If I recall correctly her damage should be slightly MORE than it was before, once Q and W are both level 5, though I may be wrong due to cooldown times. At any rate, my rough impressions are that maxing W is still the way to go. Q is just too valuable for movement to try to max it first and get the full combo damage out of it, since you have to be in their face for it, as opposed to W which can just be hit out of a dash or hop. I got owned by a teemo who went boots first, was an expert last hitter, kept moving constantly, and had a team full of people who were also expert last hitters. I went 7/0 against a mundo, but he wasn't good.

Who is a good top counter against chogath? He is extremely good against riven due to the constant health and mana regen, his ability to clear minion waves instantly, and double disables that stop all of riven's abilities.

Last but not least, I think there is even more reason to choose boots first on riven now due to the reduced movement speed.

Ad or Ap nidalee. Spam cougar skills whenever you can. When he gets to 1/4 hp, you should be able to kill him with a w,e, and a Q.

Ferrio

Banned
The best Riven skin ever is on sale this friday. Odd cause you think her other one that is never used would go on sale.

The best Riven skin ever is on sale this friday. Odd cause you think her other one that is never used would go on sale.

I bought her Redeemed skin along with her in the bundle when she was released, and it has gotten to the point where I forget Redeemed isn't just her normal skin...

y2dvd

Jungling is hard without all the runes and masteries. I recall always trying it below 30 and dying to creeps often. It's possible, but I wouldn't even bother until I hit lvl 30.

XeroSauce

Jungling is hard without all the runes and masteries. I recall always trying it below 30 and dying to creeps often. It's possible, but I wouldn't even bother until I hit lvl 30.

Jungling gets much easier when you have a good route/people who do a proper leash for you. I remember trying to jungle for the first time at level 3...I was a level 4 0/6/0 (all deaths from buffs) Fiddle against level 16s because I thought I HAD to stay in the jungle at all times except fights.

I remember trying to solo Dragon at level 6 because I had both buffs. Burned my ult and everything, still died. Good times.

EGM92

quick question, does your ELO effect whom you're teamed up with in normal games? I lost 2 ranked games because of retarded idiots who should not have been playing, and now I'm having the same kind of idiots in normal. So now it's a slew of leavers, people who have no idea how to build their characters and just dumbfucks all around.

Ferrio

Banned
quick question, does your ELO effect whom you're teamed up with in normal games? I lost 2 ranked games because of retarded idiots who should not have been playing, and now I'm having the same kind of idiots in normal. So now it's a slew of leavers, people who have no idea how to build their characters and just dumbfucks all around.

You have two elos. One ranked, and one "hidden" elo for normal. Don't think either affects the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom