• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
The shield's explosion damage is not reduced by taking damage. As long as it has 1 hp of absorption left and actually explodes, either by timing out or you triggering it, it will do as damage an amount equal to whatever absorption it started with. You just have to make sure that it explodes; if it is destroyed by taking more damage than its capacity, then it doesn't do any damage (obviously).

That's what I guess I thought, but it directly contradicts the earlier poster:

You can activate the shield again after 4 second to explode it or wait for it to run out. The damage will be the same unless the shield has been touched. The remaining shield is equal to the damage done when released.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

Achtius

The shield's explosion damage is not reduced by taking damage. As long as it has 1 hp of absorption left and actually explodes, either by timing out or you triggering it, it will do as damage an amount equal to whatever absorption it started with. You just have to make sure that it explodes; if it is destroyed by taking more damage than its capacity, then it doesn't do any damage (obviously).

this is what i thought was correct, but i was confused so i didn't say anything before.

At that point, you didn't have your full kit. You were building Armor when Mordekaiser and someone else's Magic damage were the brunt of it.

But endgame your AoE damage helped a lot, you acted as a bulwark, giving Veigar and Graves time to get their AoE/DPS off.

Achtius

At that point, you didn't have your full kit. You were building Armor when Mordekaiser and someone else's Magic damage were the brunt of it.

But endgame your AoE damage helped a lot, you acted as a bulwark, giving Veigar and Graves time to get their AoE/DPS off.

MORDE ES # 1,
kept getting rape by veigar

MutFox

Banned
If we do another experimental/troll game,
all have to agree to use a character they have never used, but are possibly interested in.

Heck, I'll buy a new character just for that game.

Mxrz

I've never counted the numbers on Sion's shield or anything, but I use it a lot to snag an early blue by waiting to soak as much as possible before detonating. Never noticed any difference in damage.

ElectraStar

all have to agree to use a character they have never used, but are possibly interested in.

I like your attitude MutFox. Sometimes GAF gets so upset about in-house games. I have tons of champs I've never used (thanks free champion pack!), so I'd be down for experimenting!

Achtius

to be fair, i t was my 4th time I used mordekaiser (5th if you count bot) MORDE ES #1

Blizzard

Banned
I like your attitude MutFox. Sometimes GAF gets so upset about in-house games. I have tons of champs I've never used (thanks free champion pack!), so I'd be down for experimenting!
I don't have any free champion pack (I AM JEALOUS) but I would also be up for trying this.

I'm not sure what champions I have never played though. I probably tried Yorick at least once, so Lux may literally be the only champion I haven't played? I'm not even sure about her. *edit* Well Sijuani of course, and maybe Volibear or Shyvana.

y2dvd

Actually, it was probably the 2nd time using Silvir for me, the first time being like a year ago. I totally took it as a troll game that got competitive fast in a fun away lol.

SouthernDragon, you're a trooper to watch all that lol. Comment on anything you may have notice that can improve us!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

If we're doing this then I'm playing Vlad. I'll just max pool because I'm dumb like that.

Blizzard

Banned
it's a inside joke :p
Well it's still a legitimate question, I know Electra plays Karthus mid, and after all Soraka is a battlemage just like Karthus. :p

I started off learning League of Legends by playing Soraka and Malphite. My early to Soraka introduction kinda consisted of being screamed at over Mumble by the person I was laning with if I ever touched Q and damaged a minion. ;_;

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Well it's still a legitimate question, I know Electra plays Karthus mid, and after all Soraka is a battlemage just like Karthus. :p

I started off learning League of Legends by playing Soraka and Malphite. My early to Soraka introduction kinda consisted of being screamed at over Mumble by the person I was laning with if I ever touched Q and damaged a minion. ;_;

AP Soraka is so troll and while it's not completely viable, it does work. It's definitely ROFL worthy.

VALKYRAY

Banned
people have no sense of teamwork. i go in, no one followed up. pussy ass nooblets blaming me for losing, really I was the one who carried you sorry asses.
opwEb.jpg

bjaelke

TSM's third game against White Lotus. Reginald managed 306 cs in 27 minutes...jesus christ.
Achtius: Speaking of the Pentakill Sona skin sucking, CRS's got one!

Agreed. Also, do you play on the NA server?

edit: That game was fast!
I'm on the European server.
I've been playing AP Sion on and of for the last 3 months. After reading this reply I had to test it again just to see if I was wrong...

wYTx5.gif

i was, sorry

inhouses are being sold like the Woodstock of LOL games (lets just try shit and get high bros), which, in my experiences, was not true.

Here's how a normal inhouse goes for me.

1st - stacked team, almost no way around this. nearly impossible to balance.

2nd - draft? - everyones common picks are banned, y would this matter if everyone was just experimenting and getting high man?
Blind? Everyone picks their best champ because you're afraid the other team is doing the same.
Random? I find this a waste of time since you could RANDOMLY be drafted a team that has no chance of winning, making you waste 20m. Getting dunked on for 20m isn't practice really.

3rd - Finally, the game starts and if I can kill their lowbie lvl player more than they can kill mine, I will prolly win.

So while I'd be up for the "lets just hang out and experiment with our bodies guyz" type game they seem to end up like the above.

Ferrio

Banned
inhouses are being sold like the Woodstock of LOL games (lets just try shit and get high bros), which, in my experiences, was not true.

2nd - draft? - everyones common picks are banned, y would this matter if everyone was just experimenting and getting high man?
Blind? Everyone picks their best champ because you're afraid the other team is doing the same.
Random? I find this a waste of time since you could RANDOMLY be drafted a team that has no chance of winning, making you waste 20m. Getting dunked on for 20m isn't practice really.

3rd - Finally, the game starts and if I can kill their lowbie lvl player more than they can kill mine, I will prolly win.

So while I'd be up for the "lets just hang out and experiment with our bodies guyz" type game they seem to end up like the above.

I'd agree that's usually how they go. We've done all random pick, but then people bitch good and long with that too.

You have to explicitly call for a "funsies" game and make sure everyone is on the same page. Otherwise, assume Ferrio is picking Riven, Star is going Karthus/Vlad, and I'm going Garen/Jarvan/Cait.

Actually, it was probably the 2nd time using Silvir for me, the first time being like a year ago. I totally took it as a troll game that got competitive fast in a fun away lol.

SouthernDragon, you're a trooper to watch all that lol. Comment on anything you may have notice that can improve us!

I watched it so I could learn all of your tactics. NOW I AM UNDEFEATABLE

In all seriousness, I'll go through it again. I was lookin' for epic teamfights, but I'll pay more attention. P.S. Riot needs to make a replay player. Being unable to rewind is a pain the ass.

JesseZao

I haven't played morgana or tryn more than once or twice, so I wouldn't mind trying them. If it's troll time I suppose I could try Kayle. Never played her.

_woLf

I haven't played morgana or tryn more than once or twice, so I wouldn't mind trying them. If it's troll time I suppose I could try Kayle. Never played her.

Morgana is one of my favorite characters. She's really powerful and almost borderline tanky if you know how to build her properly.

MutFox

Banned
You have to explicitly call for a "funsies" game and make sure everyone is on the same page.

This is exactly what happened last night,
and people that wanted to do this joined the game.

People just have to remember that these games are just for fun,
they are meaningless to our stats. (Except our GAF Pride Stats) :p
So if you're about to rage, just remember that. ;)

ElectraStar

Last time I did random, the Riot Gods gave my team all shitty characters, so we decided to troll for 20 minutes. Call it a waste of time, but we were all laughing in mumble.

We have a special somethin' somethin' for naysayers like you:

chuck-norris-002.jpg

You have to explicitly call for a "funsies" game and make sure everyone is on the same page. Otherwise, assume Ferrio is picking Riven, Star is going Karthus/Vlad, and I'm going Garen/Jarvan/Cait.

I've actually been going bot a lot more than mid these days.

SO YOU CAN BAN DAT VLAD!

haha i remember that game! SOMEONE was mad they randomed Kayle since she had never played her before and then surrendered promptly at 20.

Blizzard

Banned
haha i remember that game! SOMEONE was mad they randomed Kayle since she had never played her before and then surrendered promptly at 20.
The truth comes out! GAF DRAMA 4 LIFE! :p

It's okay, everyone is allowed to rage some times. </philosopher> And Kayle is good, yo. She kills towers and ults champions and doesn't afraid of anything.

Wrekt

I don't know if I'm getting punished for having a decent w:l ratio, or because I've had to dodge some queues. Either way, I constantly get games where 3 people instantly highlight a role (lets say AP mids), then the 4th guy picks an unorthodox mid, locks it in, calls mid in chat, and then there is a shitstorm about switching roles with like 6 seconds left on the clock.

I queue dodge, wait 5 minutes, the cycle repeats itself, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom