• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnamith

I'd think the Spark item would be really good on those melee bruisers with some decent attack speed and health. Somebody like Udyr or Lee sin or something. They would do so much extra damage in teamfights cause bruisers are always just in the middle of everything when it comes to teamfights.

IsayFever

3Kjex.jpg

This was the most confusing game ever. Support Shaco and Soraka fight all game about the other needing to get CS. The Cait is only lvl 24 and the Eve is only lvl 22 and everybody else is level 30. The shaco has 1950 games won and every lane was winning except mid which I ganked over and over. I AM SO BAFFLED ABOUT THIS

Forgot to mention that Soraka got firstblood on Cait by just walking into her and hitting Q a bunch. THIS GAME. WTF

Ferga

Shaco: Goes into jungle for first 3-4minutes waiting to gank eve. Doesn't happen. Stays on level 1 until the 4th minute.

Soraka: Facechecks the bot bush. Finds cait. Kills her instantly with 0ap. Gets another kill shortly after.

Best game ever.

bjaelke

Day 2 of IEM Kiev starting soon. French teams aAa and Sypher playing the first game.
I'd think the Spark item would be really good on those melee bruisers with some decent attack speed and health. Somebody like Udyr or Lee sin or something. They would do so much extra damage in teamfights cause bruisers are always just in the middle of everything when it comes to teamfights.

It's a gimmick like Tiamat. I tried it on Ezreal because his Q benefits from on-hit effects. I turned bot lane into a disco lane. Thanks to his passive I was able to keep a constant 2.5 AS.

Boken

Banned
Day 2 of IEM Kiev starting soon. French teams aAa and Sypher playing the first game.

It's a gimmick like Tiamat. I tried it on Ezreal because his Q benefits from on-hit effects. I turned bot lane into a disco lane. Thanks to his passive I was able to keep a constant 2.5 AS.

However unlike Tiamat it gives decent stats that synergise well together and has a bigger splash range.

bjaelke

Apparently it works with warwick's ult if I believe the LoL forums. Would be nice with a wits end I guess during his ult.
His attacks during the suppression are treated as regular attacks. I'm also sure you can blind him, so he misses his attacks.
However unlike Tiamat it gives decent stats that synergise well together and has a bigger splash range.

Tiamat does have some weird stats. The AoE, however, is not unique and you can therefore stack it to gain 300% AoE damage.

Ferga

sypher playing a terrible sivir...

She just stood in swain's snare, took the damage then put on the spell shield

IT'S BURNING MY EYES

Edit: Ok, it's gotten better

Boken

Banned
What? Graves/taric SHOULD beat sivir/nunu.

Stun > slow and even then Graves doesn't care about as%slow. Then Taric provides AD and Arpen and Armor. Nunu gives MS and AS.

Nunu is a pretty weak lane support. His strength comes from blood boil in team fights and the ability to slow a team with his ult.

Anyway, that was a pretty good match. I think dragon is a great addition to the genre.

Feep

Banned
What's that? You want to write about League of Legends and get *paid* for it? Holy fuck!

My buddy over at *REDACTED* wants to recruit a sort-of part-time writer; they're gathering one for each major eSports title (SC2, DotA, LoL, etc.). She asked not to put the website in this post, for some reason, but you can probably figure it out if you Google around my writing history. The job is paying, and the website is very well known.

Here's what she had to say:
I'm starting to get the eSports ball rolling at *REDACTED* again, but this time we're doing things a bit differently. Instead of me trying to focus on every game (I can't), I'm going to be putting together a team of writers and coordinating with them to get content revolving around all the major eSports titles to go up weekly. We want to focus on the big games at the moment, so we'll always be adding new writers as new games start getting more recognition. To start off we want to focus on StarCraft 2, League of Legends, DotA 2, and fighting games. Eventually we'll most likely add Tribes: Ascend, Firefall, and CS: GO.

This would be a great position for an up-and-comer to get their name out there. If you're already working on separate projects, we'd be more than happy to promote that content on the site as well. It's a great way to get your foot in the door, and write about the thing you're most passionate about! We'd also be able to pay a small amount for your work, although this is mostly a passion-driven project; the money is just an added bonus!

Starting out, I'd want to see a written article or well-produced video, once a week. The columns should reflect what's going on in your game that week, but if there's no big news to cover you can always pick a topic about the game and reflect on that. For example, if there's a huge League of Legends tournament going on, I'd expect to see maybe a tournament preview or expectations, as well as a piece after the tournament is over to discuss the results. If there isn't anything going on that week, you could write about a player, team, or a community event that you find interesting. With eSports, there's always something to talk about and discuss, so you should never run out of things to work with!

If you know anyone who would be interested, or if you're interested yourself, please send contact info along either to here or to *REDACTED, SEND TO FEEP*.
She also notes that after the first couple weeks, you may not get an article up *every* week; it sort of depends on what's going on in the scene.

Anyway, I'm doing her a favor, and posting here to see if there are any enterprising gentlemen/gentleladies about. I'm prescreening everything, so *impress me*. Send me an E-mail at jwishnov@gmail.com with a sample article (or even video, though I don't expect all that effort for an application) about recent events, patches, tournaments, whatever-I-don't-really-care in the LoL community. Don't be sterile; entertain, offer judgments, opinions, be witty, make sure you're copyedited and clean. You must be VERY ACTIVE IN THE LoL SCENE for this to work out; you're going to need to stay on top of all the most recent developments. I would expect a writer to be very proficient in the terminology and gameplay mechanics of LoL, and a higher-level player themselves.

Let me know if you have any questions! Please get sample articles in to me by the end of the day on the 22nd.

bjaelke

That's an A...D kennen?

They're playing with so much confidence. Hopefully they'll go for the 3-0 and play TSM in the final.

EXGN

So I've been playing a lot of Volibear since the changes to him. Jungle and lane he's significantly stronger and better suited to kill folks. The introduction of Ionic Spark to SR helped him significantly too in terms of jungle clear. He feels stronger than Jarvan in terms of jungling, but his clear time isn't as quick.

The adjustment to his toss and movement speed buff was quite handy and makes for some better ganks. You can stack significant amounts of damage to W early as well by simply going Philo Stone -> Heart of Gold -> Kindle Gem -> Ionic Spark so his damage ramps up pretty quick as the game progresses.

Bear + Sky Bear + Sona taking on full enemy team, too good. I thought Volibear was ass, but you play him pretty effing well.

bjaelke

Looks like Riot dropped the Shen buffs from the PBE server and is taking another approach to fixing him.
The unfortunate answer is that we're not doing much with Feint. While it's a weakness in the set of changes we have, most of the approaches we tried didn't solve the issues anyway (it's hard to make a non-utility spell worth using on an energy character, as opposed to a mana character, because of the distributed cooldown system). It also is a lot more useful on AP Shen than tank Shen because of the high AP ratio and moderate base shield to energy cost ratio. So we are decreasing the energy cost and increasing the raw shield value a little bit at upper ranks. I don't really think this is going to make his Feint a great skill, but it's clearly skill #4 in his kit. So while we have a few small buffs coming to it, I still doubt it will be the focus point for many Shen players.

To solve his energy issues we are flattening and generally reducing his costs, and allowing Shadow Dash to restore more energy for taunting multiple champions.

Ferrio

Banned
That sounds awesome... not cut out for it though :\

Anyway bunny girl riven custom skin in game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm6FXEJYiPw&feature=youtu.be

So tempted to download it....

http://neogaf.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=34420404

Is that ionic spark actually something that should be used in 5v5? I can imagine it on volibear, but it costs 2000+ which seems a bit steep no?

It's like a *perfect* replacement for wit's end on shyvana. She's naturally tanky, but needed hp items. Also she synergizes with attack speed like crazy. Not to mention in dragon form one Q will proc it in a team fight. It was a nice indirect buff to her IMO.

EXGN

Looks like Riot dropped the Shen buffs from the PBE server and is taking another approach to fixing him.

I think TheOddOne said this, but perhaps the best way to fix Shen is by making Vorpal Blade return energy on hit in addition to life. As it is, he is kinda useless in prolonged team fights because his skills take up so much energy. Making Vorpal Blade more spammable and return more energy would encourage more active play, I think.

y2dvd

Yes! Anything to help him. At one point in solo queue, he went from being banned in every game to not being banned nor played at all. Think I will resurrect him next gaf game!

Rawk Hawk

Ya'll need tags that reflect your summoner name.
I'm Watari13 on LoL.

Been playing a decent amount of 3v3 with a friend lately, haven't really found that champion in that mode I feel good with. Riven being my best, seems like everyone just picks 3 bruisers and the team fights last 40 minutes. Nice, but still think 5v5 is better.

Aphexian

Hello, GAF! First post, I'm teaching my younger brother how to play this game and I'm worried about playing the bots with him. I know the common advice is: Don't play bots! But since he's never even played this game at all before I figured I would play a few bot games so that he would figure out how it works. I'm just worried that if I play with him it'll get me bad habits again and if I don't he might not win and therefore not have fun. What should I do?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Shyvana ban at IEM. Support Nunu everywhere.

Hello, GAF! First post, I'm teaching my younger brother how to play this game and I'm worried about playing the bots with him. I know the common advice is: Don't play bots! But since he's never even played this game at all before I figured I would play a few bot games so that he would figure out how it works. I'm just worried that if I play with him it'll get me bad habits again and if I don't he might not win and therefore not have fun. What should I do?
Just play for fun and stop worrying about winning? Set expectations low.

EXGN

There's nothing wrong with playing bots at first. The issue comes when people get to level 30 facing only bots. Nothing wrong with playing a few bot games, just make sure he understands that actual people don't play like that.

Blizzard

Banned
Random note about bots, I didn't know until yesterday that Riot switched the lanes so bottom lane now has AD carry + support, presumably so it is more traditional and matches what you may see in PVP games. Of course the top lane is still two people but I'd be surprised if they implemented a bot jungler.

Blizzard

Banned
mid day Gaf hilarity
So much taunting in chat, poor guys. =(

I can understand killing Caitlyn. It's like yesterday when we were playing against some team, probably random people from the internet, and the Caitlyn was terrible (not saying Southern is terrible, just that he was dying a lot and may have been easiest to kill). It may not be much money but at least it's free money and gets rid of a distraction in a teamfight. That team didn't have a fed Shyvana though.

Yeah, except their two best champs (Talon and Olaf) were targeting me... while Shyvanna ate the other three alive. Olaf went after me EVERY team fight.

My one kill came from a 1v1 duel with Sivir after she beat me bot. That was fuckin' delicious.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm curious why I don't see people stack starks fevor more often. People do it with wota... never see it with starks. Maybe we can find a team that two people get wota, 2 get starks and we have aura fun time.

I'm curious why I don't see people stack starks fevor more often. People do it with wota... never see it with starks. Maybe we can find a team that two people get wota, 2 get starks and we have aura fun time.

AP is the main stat for champs who stack wotas. ASP and lifesteal are not the main stats for most champs who get starks.

bjaelke

WotA is sorta unique because it's one of very few items that gives spell vamp. You don't have the same "problem" with life steal.

You get better stats with a BT and the aura from Starks than you did with double Starks. If you have an ad heavy team, you'll often see the support or jungler carrying around the Stark. AP champions can't pick up the AP version of BT, so they'll have to settle with WotA if they want spell vamp.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Stark's ArP aura applies on enemy, so it does't stack twice like Wota.

Ferrio

Banned
Stark's ArP aura applies on enemy, so it does't stack twice like Wota.

Right... but the attack speed/life steal do.

2300 gold spent by two people gets you:

60% life steal
40% attack speed
60 health regen

And a -20 armor reduction.

That's pretty nuts.

I mean, you could go directly for an IE then this, instead of a BT->PD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom