• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
starks has much less synergy with IE than PD does. (Need the boost in crit chance). Starks is just mostly inferior to BT in terms of what the AD carry needs.

Ferrio

Banned
Code:
Bloodthirster (full stacked) + Phantom Dancer   VS   Starks (both auras) + Infinity

100 dmg            >                80 dmg
25 life steal      <                40% life steal
55% atk spd        <                60% attack speed
30% crit            >               25% crit
15% mov            >
                   <                 50% more crit dmg
                   <                 60 health regen
                   <                -20 armor reduction

Bloodthirster (no stacks) + Phantom Dancer   VS   Starks (sing aura) + Infinity

60 dmg            <                80 dmg
15 life steal      <                20% life steal
55% atk spd        >                40% attack speed
30% crit            >               25% crit
15% mov            >
                   <                 50% more crit dmg
                   <                 30 health regen
                   <                -20 armor reduction

5845g              >                6380g

Starks+IE is 535 more gold, not much of an increase. But even without the double aura it seems you get way more benefit with it than BT+PD.

Why use BT + PD as a comparison? I don't have the raw data but showing IE + PD vs starks + IE would be more in line i think, or starks + IE + PD vs BT + IE + PD.

Ferrio

Banned
Why are you using BT + PD as a comparison? I don't have the raw data but showing me IE + PD vs starks + IE would be more in line, or starks + IE + PD vs BT + IE + PD.

Because of the combination of stats. Two items that give you a combination of sustain, crit, attack speed, and damage. An IE+ PD won't give you that. Of course IE+PD will pull better raw damage numbers, i'm not arguing that.

I normally grab a basic Vampiric Scepter somewhere in between getting an IE + PD, this is along with the one or two Doran Blades that I normally have picked up. Gives me a good balance of damage and regen for until I'm able to complete a full on lifesteal item like Starks or BT.

Ferga

I think a good time to stack Starks is if you have a trynd on your team. Trynd and the ad carry would benefit from the stats quite well

Ferrio

Banned
I think a good time to stack Starks is if you have a trynd on your team. Trynd and the ad carry would benefit from the stats quite well

Or shy I guess. Was just curious, the single aura effect is okay...and iffy to go for. But the double you're giving two champions seems huge.

Steaks

15% movespeed is ludicrously useful though, and the health regen amounts to very little in a fight as a carry (probably 100 total extra health). Those comparisons are done in non-comparable situations. For example, comparing a fully stacked thirster vs a single aura is important as well. Not to mention the Inf Edge + PD case which gives you the most damage and is generally what you want to go with a healing support. Higher attack speed and crit are also valued more with a Janna or Taric support because you get more multiplicative benefit from their damage buffs.

Blizzard

Banned
Health regen is one thing, but lifesteal is hugely useful for healing yourself after a fight or even winning a fight. In extreme cases, people like Tryndamere or Vayne used to be able to heal maybe 500 damage once or twice a second, whereas if you don't have lifesteal and depend on a healer to heal you in teamfights, you might get 500 healing once every 10-20 seconds.

If you get well fed early on, Bloodthirster into Wamrogs into Atmas is the best route for a lot of the AD carries. Insane defense and unless you get hard CC'd and focused, you aren't dying.

I go this route on Graves and Tristana a lot if I get early kills and have literally never lost a game if I get to Atmas.

Otherwise, Wriggles should replace the BT on some carries.

If not, two-three dorans into IE and PD.

In dominion, I almost always rush IE+PD on AD carries.

Sanguine Blade is so useless for the cost it's not even funny.

Steaks

Wamrogs into Atmas. Trust me. On a carry like Graves or Trist it is so good.

If you have a fully stacked BT + wamrogs with atmas you can 3v1.

This is wholly a lower level build that isn't going to fly when you have a team that can protect an AD carry who will do three times the amount of damage than an Atmogs carry will.

Inf Edge vs BT comes down to teamcomp in almost every case. Except if your AD carry is Urgot.

This is wholly a lower level build that isn't going to fly when you have a team that can protect an AD carry who will do three times the amount of damage than an Atmogs carry will.

Inf Edge vs BT comes down to teamcomp in almost every case. Except if your AD carry is Urgot.

The build I'm recommending is definitely for solo que, which is almost all I play.

I should've said that, my bad.

davimon

Any interest in us low level summoners getting together to do some normal queues?

My in game name is dabe and I'm level 16. I can guarantee that I'm a nice guy and won't rage at all! Level 30 dudes are totally welcomed to join too, though I'm not sure how it'll affect matchmaking.

Feel free to add me if you're interested! I'll probably be idling in the gaf channel whenever I'm on too.

Flare

Any interest in us low level summoners getting together to do some normal queues?

My in game name is dabe and I'm level 16. I can guarantee that I'm a nice guy and won't rage at all! Level 30 dudes are totally welcomed to join too, though I'm not sure how it'll affect matchmaking.

Feel free to add me if you're interested! I'll probably be idling in the gaf channel whenever I'm on too.

You can join the "neogaf" chat channel. It's where we all hang out anyways - or rather "afk" all day.

davimon

You can join the "neogaf" chat channel. It's where we all hang out anyways - or rather "afk" all day.

Yeah, sorry, I meant idling in the neogaf channel, where people were chatting about average shower times and masturbating while doing handstands.

Dreweyes

Just finished and submitted an 8-bit entry for the art contest, I'll post it on here when I get a chance. Who else made an entry? :)

Finally got a game where my team mates aren't feeding, stupid or overall just crappy. Or use lag an excuse to go 0/10/0.
Fully stacked BT + IE + PD is pure ownage on my Trist.

XeroSauce

i never knew this. but morgana is pretty damn good. i mean i just go for an ap/cooldown build but that seems to work just fine.

Morgana is an extremely strong champ that regularly gets banned. She is very strong early game and late game, with her ult being one of the strongest initiation techniques and her bind being able to secure single kills very easily.

KAP151

HAvent been playing long, kinda digging the game. I have hit lvl 12 and am finding it incredible slow to lvl, can someone fill me in:

1 - Should I be playing vs AI or PVP, which has better XP/IP
2 - Should I worry more about killing champs, or clearing zones (vs AI)
3 - When the game is loading on the VS screen, why do certain people take so fucking long to load. Is it their PC (they have a far better ping than me)?

Cheers GAF.

John

HAvent been playing long, kinda digging the game. I have hit lvl 12 and am finding it incredible slow to lvl, can someone fill me in:

3 - When the game is loading on the VS screen, why do certain people take so fucking long to load. Is it their PC (they have a far better ping than me)?

Cheers GAF.

1 - Only play against human players.
2 - null
3 - It's their PC

Achtius

Cheers GAF.

Last hit minion. Harass enemy's champ and then when they are low, go for the kill

Also, i would like to extend my thanks to Evilore for letting the LoL-OT on the Gaming side for a good two weeks longer than he said he would. Got a lot of new people.

Ferga

Y4mH2.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Morello wants to do a complete overhaul on Kayle (again). I hope they actually do it. Whoever did the rework just has no understanding of what used to make Kayle good, so they just kind of nerfed her so she wasn't stomping in late game.

Flare

On another subject, I watched that game that bind and Rex were in. My first reaction was holy shit, and then I closed it. What a fucking prick - and there were three of them.

bjaelke

Nothing funnier than trolling solo queue with AP Yi. His AP ratios are insane (1.0 and 1.65) and snow balls harder than any other champion right now.

Oh snap, thread was moved to Community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom