• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I thought Sona was hard to play previously, but I tried her in solo ranked and she seems pretty easy. She was surprisingly fun and not boring. The first game I lost, but my lane did well, I had the most gold on the team, had like a 5/3/whatever score, and and did decently overall. We unfortunately had a singed who was basically trolling (0/7/0, refused to come near team, stayed alone in jungle) and a jungle tristana (may have just been a really bad player). The second game went better, I had a more traditional support score like 1/1/12, and we won.

Famous last words by the enemy Tryndamere saying he would have dominated us late game as we destroyed his nexus. :p

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I thought Sona was hard to play previously, but I tried her in solo ranked and she seems pretty easy. She was surprisingly fun and not boring.
As a support I actually find her to be extremely boring because she's so easy to play. You press the buttons. Everything happens that needs to happen. Don't be a retard about using your ult. Congrats, you can play Sona. At least with Janna and Soraka you have to prioritize how things are getting done, and work at disrupting the team. Sona literally is the faceroll champion.

Achtius

As a support I actually find her to be extremely boring because she's so easy to play. You press the buttons. Everything happens that needs to happen. Don't be a retard about using your ult. Congrats, you can play Sona. At least with Janna and Soraka you have to prioritize how things are getting done, and work at disrupting the team. Sona literally is the faceroll champion.

Soraka, heal carry, give mana, silence if carry have mana. R if someone needs heal. so fun.

dimb

Soraka, heal carry, give mana, silence if carry have mana. R if someone needs heal. so fun.
At least there's an element of timing to it. Sona is literally just, "hit all the things as soon as you can."

Achtius

Whathappened.png

MutFox

Banned
We just did another Experimental/Troll in-house game.
It was only 3v3.

According to stats 1 in 6 people will Rage Quit. :p

dimb

edit: Sucks both games so far today the other team was hardcore on invading jungle.
Everyone wants to be M5.
I saw her banned in a solo que game for the first time today. I can't say it's a horrible ban really, she's quite strong and hard to beat in lane.
Well it's not like banning Vayne is something you need to do anymore. And Graves is less of an issue.

Blizzard

Banned
Invading jungle can be crazy even if it fails. I think I was on a GAF people team where the other team sent 4-5 people into our bottom jungle. We attacked, and I think we got first blood and nearly killed 3-4 of them, possibly didn't lose any of our own champions, and still got crushed the rest of the game.

On a not really related note, we just had a leblanc versus me (sion) mid in a GAF game, I had 2-3 times her farm, and she only had like 2 kills and 2 assists early (I fed twice I think)...and yet she still crushed everyone. Apparently her rune page had 13 magic resist, she bought tons of health, and was crazy tanky. I think she only ever died once. I certainly did badly, but it was shocking how powerful she was with less than 100 farm.

Ferrio

Banned
Invading jungle can be crazy even if it fails. I think I was on a GAF people team where the other team sent 4-5 people into our bottom jungle. We attacked, and I think we got first blood and nearly killed 3-4 of them, possibly didn't lose any of our own champions, and still got crushed the rest of the game.

On a not really related note, we just had a leblanc versus me (sion) mid in a GAF game, I had 2-3 times her farm, and she only had like 2 kills and 2 assists early (I fed twice I think)...and yet she still crushed everyone. Apparently her rune page had 13 magic resist, she bought tons of health, and was crazy tanky. I think she only ever died once. I certainly did badly, but it was shocking how powerful she was with less than 100 farm.

They were invading constantly and roaming, was pretty brutal.

Leblanc can't farm, period. End of games with her i'm under 50 cs usually. She only gets money on kills, if she's denied any kills then it's gg for her.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
0GBU2.png

Holy shit, have you guys ever seen a better Singed before? Pro-fucking-tip: No, you haven't, so shut up.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Wow, I can feel the jealous through the internet.

But really though, that game was pretty crazy. Their team wasn't good, but they has so much push. Our team really came together toward the end and shut them down.

Blizzard

Banned
My 7 game or so Riven winning streak ended. Ironically I went 25/5/10 and had the most gold on either team, but they had morgana ult + kennen ult + xin, and Xin had 17 kills, so there seemed to be nothing we could do unless we killed xin. In the end we failed to kill xin so he like triple killed us by the nexus and it blew up. =(

Wow, I can feel the jealous through the internet.

But really though, that game was pretty crazy. Their team wasn't good, but they has so much push. Our team really came together toward the end and shut them down.

It was pretty crazy. Although the only real threat on their team was Yi. Once he went down towards the end it was pretty much game over.

Blizzard

Banned
Riven's damage output is absurd now. Absolutely ridiculous.
Isn't the patch change literally a 40-damage total increase to her combo? She can do 1100 crits like tryndamere, but it doesn't matter if she's CC'd.

*edit* I checked the patch notes. The change actually decreased W damage by 40 at level 5, and increased Q damage by 20 at level 5, and if you happen to land every Q in the combo, that's 60 - 40 = +20 total net damage per combo.

Isn't the patch change literally a 40-damage total increase to her combo? She can do 1100 crits like tryndamere, but it doesn't matter if she's CC'd.

*edit* I checked the patch notes. The change actually decreased W damage by 40 at level 5, and increased Q damage by 20 at level 5, and if you happen to land every Q in the combo, that's 60 - 40 = +20 total net damage per combo.

She killed my Yorick in one combo from full health with only a BF sword.

Blizzard

Banned
Didn't they move the damage from her E to her Q?
Yes, and as I mentioned, it's 20 total damage change per increase at level 18. You can calculate up the theoretical damage from one BF sword with the combo, I don't know what to say. I think garen or cho should do really well against her (cho has 900+ more health than her at the same level or so), not sure about yorick. She might have had +25 AD damage runes or something too, for whatever difference that makes.

dimb

Did Jungle Jax for the first time today. It was okay. I still do not care for his new ultimate at all, and the cooldown timer on his Counter-Strike just feels way too long. I really wish they'd lower the damage on it and take the timer on it way down.

dimb

And that's why the meta's the meta. Phreak not knowing who Dunkey is...dude is throwing his credibility out the window.

bjaelke

They should have gone with Malphite top instead of Lee Sin. He'd also fit into their "dunkey" meta and have the ability to stop Tryndamere. They were trying to disguise their kill lane by picking Tristana and Leona first. Don't see why they didn't think about top as well.

I liked that they tried something newish, but their are not M5.

dimb

They should have gone with Malphite top instead of Lee Sin. He'd also fit into their "dunkey" meta and have the ability to stop Tryndamere. They were trying to disguise their kill lane by picking Tristana and Leona first. Don't see why they didn't think about top as well.
I feel like the real road block they had to deal with was Pantheon. He didn't get any early ganks, and he was pretty useless in team fights, even with some very well placed ults. Malphite would be a great counter to that Trynd even as a jungler, and the rest of their team comp could hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom