• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

I guess that would have worked too. Problem with Pantheon early on was the invade and blue buff steal. It really set him back.

Erasus

Been trying Ahri a bit that I got yesterday. She seems pretty okayish. Got nice poke and can zoom around with her R and W.
Followed this guide
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=12667

Mxrz

So the finals are in about an hour? That's not bad at all.

Might just be the ADD, but feeling bored with Sion. Not sure who to go to next. Someone ranged. All this Sivir talk has me wanting to give her a go. Wish I'd grabbed her pax skin now.

Had a 3 people raise a stink cause I wanted to go Janna with an AD bot, and not Sona (that I don't even own.) So I said screw it and grabbed ap Sion again. Told them they shouldn't instant-locked 3 AD carries if they're going to bitch about team comp. They ended up feeding anyway, while Lee Sin and I stun/murdered everything. Still, don't see the beef with Janna. That shield + a good AD has never let me down.

Sivir is getting picked a lot. Might play her again too. Haven't touch her in like 150 games. =/ This pause is so long. 18 minutes remaining and Kevin is getting a new PC.

bjaelke

Reginald: "we have a very intense rivalry with these Russians. we came here to beat them"

Russian guy: "we don't care about TSM"

Boken

Banned
Reginald: "we have a very intense rivalry with these Russians. we came here to beat them"

Russian guy: "we don't care about TSM"

TSM like to hype up strong, unknown teams. However... Game 1 so far, M5 are the real deal!

Also, European meta always ahead.

bjaelke

144k viewers now. Hoping for three games, but it's looking unlike. M5 just playing fantastic right now. You can't really blame TSM, they just got outplayed.

Can anyone link me some good newbie guide? I think you get 400 points for completing the tutorial, which is enough for a character like Master Yi, or smth. Wanting to get into the whole thing before Dota 2 hits.

Boken

Banned
Why not? Kennen can outpoke most AD's, is safe from Alistar and can farm for free with his Q.

Anyway, this game is almost all TRM's fault. It's like he's never played against a pusher top before. Jesus.

This last game is just sad. : (

bjaelke

M5 have been phenomenal throughout the tournament. Only dropped one game.
Why not? Kennen can outpoke most AD's, is safe from Alistar and can farm for free with his Q.

Chaox is perhaps the best Sivir player around and he started with an advantage. They should probably have picked Soraka support, if they wanted to trade - but the lane was just passive farming.

Game 3 ended just like Game 1. If they don't keep Darien with Shyvana under control with his counter jungling. It's game. It's not over hype at all.

Feature

Banned
These M5 guys don't get a lot of time out. They seem so 'out of this world'... He's shaking his head like crazy and moves like a robot.
and that haircut on the russian translator!

Guy from solo mid annoyed and blaming the game itself for their loss it seems.

bjaelke

eb945151270f7c5f1f05a06320bde465.gif

Blizzard

Banned
Riven and GP

*facepalm*
How bad did it turn out?

This game is an example of why you don't go HP (Frozen mallet or Warmogs) on Riven.
I rarely do, but every once in a while we get a game where I do badly in my lane, especially if we don't have a tank, am potentially laning against someone with literally 300-900 more health than me WITHOUT ITEMS, and the extra health is super nice to have.

*edit*
Wow at that Rammus, Sona, and Kennen win loss ratio.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Can anyone link me some good newbie guide? I think you get 400 points for completing the tutorial, which is enough for a character like Master Yi, or smth. Wanting to get into the whole thing before Dota 2 hits.

I don't know about newbie guides, but champion recommendations would vary on what you'd like to play. Mage? Pick Annie. AD Carry? Sivir.

Blizzard

Banned
This game is an example of why you don't go HP (Frozen mallet or Warmogs) on Riven.
Blizzard said:
I rarely do, but every once in a while we get a game where I do badly in my lane, especially if we don't have a tank, am potentially laning against someone with literally 300-900 more health than me WITHOUT ITEMS, and the extra health is super nice to have.
Addendum to this: I just played Riven versus Irelia top. It was a super passive Irelia who would last hit so slowly that my minion wave always caught up and hers practically never pushed, made it hard to farm or harass.

As has happened with other champions, she ended up with 700 more health than me at the same level or so due to triforce, heart of gold, doran's shield, that sort of thing. I might have had one level advantage on her, but I charged in with the ult and killed her anyway. I'm not sure what our starting health values were but I still think she would have had more health than me. So as much as it pains me to admit it :)P), Boken may be right, and the damage can sometimes overcome even health and armor. Of course if it had been a smarter Irelia who had tried to ult, stun, and attack me instead of running away, she might have won.

Sona is the best support, period.

I hate Soraka, she's not that great in team fights, and I've seen more shitty Alistars than decent ones. Janna's great, but I'd rather a Sona with an AoE stun and a heal/speed boost mechanism.

ElectraStar

Yeah she was rarely banned given the high win-loss ratio with her.
Perhaps there is a coorelation between the reluctance to ban her and her cleavage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom