• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Sorry to ruin your fun there sir. There's still something to be said for being a good jungler with him, in the event the opposing team forgets to ban him. You're likely to get a queue dodger though, and have him subsequently banned.
That said, if all you ever play is normals, you don't have to worry about him being banned, just pidgeon-holed into being a jungler. Because really, it's all about sneaking up on a lane that's over-pushed, or having someone follow you back into some brush full of boxes. (Note: Boxes now have a 60 second cooldown. Not much time to set and spring your trap.)

Too true, lol.
meh. i guess ill just have to learn to jungle. and who knows. maybe ill get lucky. also its not like hes my main. actually i don't have a main yet.

Blizzard

Banned
meh. i guess ill just have to learn to jungle. and who knows. maybe ill get lucky. also its not like hes my main. actually i don't have a main yet.
One thing you can do with Shaco that will work on bad junglers (me) who start at blue buff (me) is set up your boxes in the bush next to the enemy wraiths. Their jungler will come from wolves to the wraiths and sometimes walk into that bush to give you first blood.

It might not work if the jungler is tanky, smart, full health, or some combination of the above. It might also not work now that Shaco has the 60-second box timer, but I don't know the exact box cooldown at low levels.

Ferrio

Banned

Learning to jungle is good. Even if you don't end up doing it the majority of the time, it helps you know what junglers are looking out for, and how to help your own jungler.

Ferga

jungling ins't as hard as it is confusing. it seems that even if your seconds off, shaco will be under leveled.

My mindset for Shaco: if you aren't underleveled as Shaco, you're doing something wrong. Unless you're legendary or on a killing spree.

You should be ganking for the entire laning phase whenever you have red buff or trying to steal the other team's red buff.

EXGN

One thing you can do with Shaco that will work on bad junglers (me) who start at blue buff (me) is set up your boxes in the bush next to the enemy wraiths. Their jungler will come from wolves to the wraiths and sometimes walk into that bush to give you first blood.

It might not work if the jungler is tanky, smart, full health, or some combination of the above. It might also not work now that Shaco has the 60-second box timer, but I don't know the exact box cooldown at low levels.

And that is why when you're facing a Shaco, you should always have mid or another lane guard that area. I've died one too many times to that trick, unfortunately.

So Chaox made a vid about triple Doran's -> Wriggles -> Phantom Dancer (w/ boots somewhere in there) and I have been rolling people with Graves and that build. Like 7-0 last games. You snowball so hard. Granted if the game goes long you lose gold in order to start building late-game items but damn is it fun to melt people in lane phase.

MultiCore

So Chaox made a vid about triple Doran's -> Wriggles -> Phantom Dancer (w/ boots somewhere in there) and I have been rolling people with Graves and that build. Like 7-0 last games. You snowball so hard. Granted if the game goes long you lose gold in order to start building late-game items but damn is it fun to melt people in lane phase.

Link to this vid?

JesseZao

I normally get 2 doran's, after that I usually have enough for a BFS on my next trip. I'm getting better at adapting my buys though and will usually just buy with what I have so I'm not sitting on a lump of cash unspent as I leave base.

Does he do this with teleport? How often is he returning to buy?

Dan and I had the most amazing comeback tonight. The other team had us down to our Nexus for 8 minutes or so. They still had all their inner turrets left. We held them off twice at our Nexus and then we wiped them in a push mid. I was about to die to Tryndamere, but I hit my hourglass, he died, and I regened my health by attacking Akali. I honestly thought we had no chance to win. It was incredible.

42lolcomebackkogmaw.png

XeroSauce

I think I should just play Riven and fast/hard carries from now on, I depend too much on my team as Sona in normals and if I try to AD it's very hit or miss.

AcridMeat

Banned
Dan and I had the most amazing comeback tonight. The other team had us down to our Nexus for 8 minutes or so. They still had all their inner turrets left. We held them off twice at our Nexus and then we wiped them in a push mid. I was about to die to Tryndamere, but I hit my hourglass, he died, and I regened my health by attacking Akali. I honestly thought we had no chance to win. It was incredible.

:(

AcridMeat

Banned
r7UT5.jpg

I know it's wrong but I don't care, clarity Lux helps me zone out the enemy and has secured me so many kills early game it's been worth it.

Swig_

Just had the closest game of Dominion I've ever seen.

The entire game was neck to neck for the most part. Their team roamed together 90% of the time, our team was always split up.

Anyway, there was less than 20 points left for each team and they managed to get a third tower. we got down to 1 point left and i managed to take the top tower while my teammates were hitting their mid. They all died and left me alone to defend. I killed their tryndamere and fended them off from the tower for a 1-0 win. Wow.

Wrekt

I know it's wrong but I don't care, clarity Lux helps me zone out the enemy and has secured me so many kills early game it's been worth it.

I think Clarity is severely underrated. I take it on a few champs that require a lot of mana to harass, but don't necessarily build mana or mana regen as part of their normal build (Galio for example.)

y2dvd

One of my favorite setups I've seen a Shaco do is set up boxes at red buff, travel all the way to blue buff. Get blue golem leashed and take it down while at the same time the boxes takes out red golem. From there gank at lvl 2 with both buffs! I suppose it should work setting up boxes in either buffs first but I don't play Shaco so I'm not sure.

Can't watch the vid at work, but what did Chaox say on why this set up works?

I think I should just play Riven and fast/hard carries from now on, I depend too much on my team as Sona in normals and if I try to AD it's very hit or miss.

What are fast/hard carries? I would think heavily going AD but it sounds like that's not what you want to do. I've seen her rush to AD items and she gets melted so fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADEYrX5UKQM

The last aoe combo really makes me miss coordinated team play. God damn, it's beautiful.

You weren't kidding; that was pretty darn beautiful. :')

Wrekt

One of my favorite setups I've seen a Shaco do is set up boxes at red buff, travel all the way to blue buff. Get blue golem leashed and take it down while at the same time the boxes takes out red golem. From there gank at lvl 2 with both buffs! I suppose it should work setting up boxes in either buffs first but I don't play Shaco so I'm not sure.

They nerfed his boxes to have a lower duration. I don't believe you can do this anymore.

This is my new favorite thing:

ZztxC.png

I am loving Vlad. He doesn't carry as hard as my normal champs, but his sustain and survivability are off the charts. "Winning" my lane doesn't happen without a good jungler, but I sure as hell don't lose the lane either.

MutFox

Banned

The thing about Clarity is even late game, it's huge in some teamfights.
Say your damage dealer is low on mana, and due to this you could lose the fight,
pop clarity and win.

It's saved the team so many times, though people on GAF usually complain,
but that's usually cause their play style is set in stone, and nothing else is works.

Of course, not all characters need it,
but the amount of harass and exp you can get early due to sustain is awesome.

Mxrz

I always take clarity on Janna, thinking I'll be able to heal/mana everyone during a big push. Sometimes it happens. Been taking heal a lot on everyone else in the hopes it can even out over-zealous lanes and bad team fights.

Bought Garen, I'm on board with this early snowballing thing.

bjaelke

Problem is not that clarity is useless. It's that other summoner spells are just better. Flash is (unfortunately) a must in 95% of the cases - even after the nerf. Ignite lets you secure kills and counter healing abilities. Cleanse keeps you out of CC. Heal keeps you alive. You can't really use a full mana bar if you're dead. That is, unless you're Karthus.

Boken

Banned
LoLgaf thinks clarity is decent. Never change.

^v - Karthus gets FREE mana when he's dead. edit 2: actually, his spells are free when he's dead.

Achtius

Problem is not that clarity is useless. It's that other summoner spells are just better. Flash is (unfortunately) a must in 95% of the cases - even after the nerf. Ignite lets you secure kills and counter healing abilities. Cleanse keeps you out of CC. Heal keeps you alive. You can't really use a full mana bar if you're dead. That is, unless you're Karthus.

Karthus needs no stinkin' mana when he's dead.

But I agree, clarity is not useful late game. and unless you steamroll them early game with it, you are at a disadvantage.

brian!

The thing about Clarity is even late game, it's huge in some teamfights.
Say your damage dealer is low on mana, and due to this you could lose the fight,
pop clarity and win.

It's saved the team so many times, though people on GAF usually complain,
but that's usually cause their play style is set in stone, and nothing else is works.

Of course, not all characters need it,
but the amount of harass and exp you can get early due to sustain is awesome.

what about when your team is full on mana/knows how to manage mana?
what about when you are facing a sustain bot (almost always)?
what if you just pack teleport (same sustain + other benefits)?

I appreciate that clarity fits your playstyle, but if you or your team are mana hungry, that's easily mitigated through other means besides taking up a summoner spell slot. It'd be a pretty sweet early game spell if it had a lower cooldown tho.

Boken

Banned
The only playstyle clarity supports is a bad one. You can manage your own mana. Mid champions get blue also. Clarity so weak.

y2dvd

They nerfed his boxes to have a lower duration. I don't believe you can do this anymore.

This is my new favorite thing:

ZztxC.png

I am loving Vlad. He doesn't carry as hard as my normal champs, but his sustain and survivability are off the charts. "Winning" my lane doesn't happen without a good jungler, but I sure as hell don't lose the lane either.

I'm trying to recall if the Shaco had us dmg red golem a bit in order to pull it off. Maybe I'll learn Shaco and try it out.

MutFox

Banned
The only playstyle clarity supports is a bad one. You can manage your own mana. Mid champions get blue also. Clarity so weak.

Oh I can manage mana,
but the level of play that I usually play on normal games isn't that great.

If this was a ranked game, sure I'd take another spell over clarity,
but in normal games, the level of play from the opposition isn't usually high.

During laning with clarity as a support, I'll tell my teammate to go nuts on mana,
we'll usually push that lane out of exp, get some early ganks, etc...

EXGN

Heal was a frowned upon SS for a long time as well. Things can change.

bjaelke

That because Heal was improved last time they revamped Summoner Spells (when Surge and Promote was added).
Heal amount per level increased to 25 from 20.
Improved Heal no longer reduces the cooldown but now increases the amount healed by 15%.

There's a distinct and troublesome lack of curiosity among the LoL player base when it comes to trying different builds/team comps. It's as if most players feel like they have to wait for a streamer to justify a certain build before they will attempt it. I blame guides and streamers for this, and I hope it doesn't infect other games.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Heal got buffed. Many other summoners, particularly Exhaust, got nerfed. Clarity will probably never be good. It provides no benefit to players in combat, which is when summoners should be used. So you're handicapping yourself by taking a summoner that provides no real advantage when your opponents will have an extra card up their sleeves. If the enemy has Ignite and you're running Clarity, you you get into a 1v1 situation you'd have to beat them pretty handily, because they're getting a bunch of extra damage off that Ignite. Heal works the same way, the health boost keeps you in that fight longer. Clarity is only going to help if you ran out of mana, which, well, you shouldn't.

bjaelke

She hasn't been available on the tournament realm. For some reason Riot doesn't allow the latest champions right away in online tournaments. I think she was available for IEM Kiev although I could be wrong.

Ark

Pretty sure Ahri was available at Kiev, but she wasn't picked by anyone, fairly sure I heard Jatt say something to that extent on the stream.

Ferga

Can't watch the vid at work, but what did Chaox say on why this set up works?

What are fast/hard carries? I would think heavily going AD but it sounds like that's not what you want to do. I've seen her rush to AD items and she gets melted so fast.

You weren't kidding; that was pretty darn beautiful. :')

The shaco box thing was hotfixed a long time ago. It could only be used for about a week. It was the most hilarious week of Lol for me.

Chaox said that Lol is currently in a snowball meta where your early game will determine who would win the entire game. The wriggles doran build lets you have easy dragon control and makes you a beast in lane. It will beat BT builds as BT is a late game item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom