• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Ziggs Revealed

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/ziggs-hexplosives-expert-revealed

Abilities:

Short Fuse (Passive) - Every 12 seconds Ziggs' next basic attack deals bonus magic damage. This cooldown is reduced whenever Ziggs uses an ability.
Bouncing Bomb - Ziggs throws a bouncing bomb that deals magic damage.
Satchel Charge - Ziggs flings an explosive charge that detonates after 4 seconds, or when this ability is activated again. The explosion deals magic damage to enemies, knocking them away. Ziggs is also knocked away, but takes no damage.
Hexplosive Minefield - Ziggs scatters proximity mines that detonate on enemy contact, dealing magic damage and slowing.
Mega Inferno Bomb (Ultimate) - Ziggs deploys his ultimate creation, the Mega Inferno Bomb, hurling it an enormous distance, Enemies in the primary blast zone take more damage than those further away.

Not very creative....

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Zone control, high range, mobility, and loads of AOE damage. Looks good to me but I'll need more information about a lot of the abilities.

dimb

Huge buff to Jax's Counter-Strike, might make it worth the timer it has on it now. Anyone who complains about the Lee Sin changes is crazy. He's been the premier jungler for the longest time with virtually no weaknesses.

AcridMeat

Banned
Ziggs looks like Blinx on crack. I am very much pro Ziggs.
544370-blinx2_b_large.jpg

dimb

Feels like they're over buffing Jax in response to dodge removal...
His new Counter-Strike sucked. I would rather see him get more damage avoidance, and if he needs to be nerfed they can hit his damage output later.

Achtius

awinisawin.png

They sent two range (kennen and ryze) against tryndamere at top to shut down tryn.
They put two MELEE against sona and grave. wtf was they thinking.
They got no jungle.

We got like 3 free dragon.

They try to baron we caught them off guard, and because they blew all the skills on baron, they couldn't fight back and got aced.

Probably one of the weirdest game in a while.

I should of went AD sona.

Riot really needs to stop adding same-y heroes to the game.

There's only so long I can be interested in yet another variant on the existing templates. One of the reasons the meta stagnates is because there aren't that many template-breaking champions.

dimb

Riot really needs to stop adding same-y heroes to the game.

There's only so long I can be interested in yet another variant on the existing templates. One of the reasons the meta stagnates is because there aren't that many template-breaking champions.
Who is Ziggs like? He seems pretty unique to me. Also, if champs are too different they won't be useful at all in the current meta, and become useless.
They need to stop adding heroes.
Why? New champions make the game more fun.

AcridMeat

Banned
Who is Ziggs like? He seems pretty unique to me

Glad someone else thinks the same as me. From reading that thread Flare posted his ult has a longer range than Lux's, and all of his skills are skillshots with an emphasis on using the blow-back from his satchels. Plus learning to use his Q and strategically placing his minefield. I'm quite excited, plus he's a yordle and Bad-GAF can always use those.

dimb

Glad someone else thinks the same as me. From reading that thread Flare posted his ult has a longer range than Lux's, and all of his skills are skillshots with an emphasis on using the blow-back from his satchels. Plus learning to use his Q and strategically placing his minefield. I'm quite excited, plus he's a yordle and Bad-GAF can always use those.
The minefield could be pretty huge. Area denial can really do a lot to make sure team fights go down the way you want them to, and could really benefit poke comps because it helps keeps melee champs out.

Depends on how it works in game though.

Feature

Banned
wow just saw the new jax buff... really riot? So that means a non-ranged is screwed most of the time. he's got a aoe stun of 2 seconds in a teamfight? Yep, we'll be seeing shitloads of jax next week. Fk this.

dimb

wow just saw the new jax buff... really riot? So that means a non-ranged is screwed most of the time. he's got a aoe stun of 2 seconds in a teamfight? Yep, we'll be seeing shitloads of jax next week. Fk this.
The dodge lasts for two seconds, the stun duration is one second, and probably won't be changed. It's only a .5 second buff to how long he dodges. Melee champions can beat Jax top, it's not really that hard to win the lane and zone him out. Jax becomes a bigger problem late game, where as long as he farmed he can focus the AD carry and destroy them before he can even be hit with auto-attacks. It's pretty cool.

bjaelke

Bruce lee nerfs :(

Oh, and Zigg doesn't sound as unique as I was hoping he'd be. Only thing that caught my eye was the bouncing skill shot. Next up: curled skillshots!
There's an initial arc that easily clears terrain/enemies. After that the bomb will explode on contact with terrain or enemies when it lands or bounce a couple of times if in a clear zone. The length of the bounces is determined by the distance of the initial arc and the bounces can pass over very low/small terrain or enemies in certain circumstances, particularly if you know what to look for. Each time it bounces the bomb slows down a bit. Because of this combination of effects the bombs have a distinct feeling to throw and can get away with having a pretty decent range/low cooldown compared to many skillshots.

dimb

I do think adding characters makes it more fun, gives you more options, etc., but only to a certain extent. They're at 90+ and there are obvious balance issues. To me, that's like, enough already.
Balance issues don't exist because of the character roster though. More often, the viability of champions fluctuates based on changes to the underlying mechanics of the game. There are lots of champions I'd like to see have reworks or number tweaks, but adding new champions doesn't detract from that in any way, and many times new champions help reveal what does and doesn't work within the game. In a number of situations champions are getting reworked, it's just a slow process.

DOTA has more champions than LoL. I don't really see any reason for them to stop.

There are lots of champions I'd like to see have reworks or number tweaks, but adding new champions doesn't detract from that in any way ...
It has to detract from that, if only because they're diverting resources to it. But it's new so it has to be balanced against everything else, and this idea of indefinitely adding new things to balance ... can't be good for balance.

bjaelke

and why is everyone getting angry over lee sin nerfs? he fucking deserved it people

I can only speak for myself, but he's my most played champion right now. Don't like the specific nerf he received. While I agree that he was powerful, his passive wasn't the "problem" for me. He's still a strong laner with great harass and mobility.

Blu10

Just started playing on my NA account again. I normally play in another region (Lv 26).

There's only so much you can do. :(

scKUg.png

Ally Morde was absent 99.99% of the game while people seem to keep walking into towers.

I guess I should've used Mejai. Gangel might've been better than Thorn late game.

edit: Wtf they had a Morde? I didn't even see him anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom