• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAFvGAF

Got married and had a perfect game in the same day. Life is good.

lolkogmawcarryheidisvagina.png

I admit I'm addicted, but you played on your wedding day?

AcridMeat

Banned
Turnip has experienced how many shits I give when on a losing streak (first few games as Cho'Gath).

"Have you been feasting ASAP?" "no" "WHAT?!" "oh, I'll start doing that"

"Hey what does his passive do?"

"What does his ult even do, is it just health?" "You just didn't even read any of his skills did you?" "no"

At least we won a game.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Somehow I am having a lot of success with jungle Jax. Popping out of the bush and stomping carries before they can do anything is preeeeeeeeeeeety neat.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Okay so I'm going to throw this out there, and will probably be hated on.

I feel like they need more main tank characters as well as more supports. Soraka and Sona are like the two supports on permanent rotation. Plus it feels like Rammy is the only real pure tank people ever want to take. So if he gets banned people just pick someone "tanky" that does dmg or they roll Amumu. Feels like they just keep pushing out AD and some AP champs.

Seems like they need to rework some of the older champs and add in a few more champs in terms of tank and support. It might help break up the current meta mold.

dimb

Okay so I'm going to throw this out there, and will probably be hated on.

I feel like they need more main tank characters as well as more supports. Soraka and Sona are like the two supports on permanent rotation. Plus it feels like Rammy is the only real pure tank people ever want to take. So if he gets banned people just pick someone "tanky" that does dmg or they roll Amumu. Feels like they just keep pushing out AD and some AP champs.

Seems like they need to rework some of the older champs and add in a few more champs in terms of tank and support. It might help break up the current meta mold.
Shen is hopefully getting buffs in the future. Sejuani and Volibear both just got released. Galio is totally viable right now. Cho is still good. Maokai is huge in the jungle right now. Mundo is getting some changes eventually. Leona is a strong tank/support right now. Singed is pretty good right now. Even Malphite is becoming popular again.

bjaelke

Viktor will be getting some good quality of life buffs next patch, a couple that you mentioned in this post. We don't think Viktor needs any more damage, just some usability and reliability tweaks.
Try Viktor out next patch with the improvements we made.

We agree that Viktor currently has some usability issues, but in terms of raw numbers Viktor's damage is actually quite high.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how much the upcoming changes help Viktor's overall playability.
Sounds like Riot listened to the criticism.

Ferga

Z2muF.jpg

Something interesting always happens when i play ranked:

We get a pantheon who afks for the first 10 minutes.
I solo bot for this time getting no exp at all.
Sivir has 100cs when he gets back.

Stuff happen then we use some AOE and we win.

bjaelke

Speaking of AoE comboes. Our team fights were one big mess. Everyone would just drop their ultimate and hope to catch as many as possible. I figured Sivir or Vayne would be the best ad carries to hunt down the survivors. Also Nunu support <3

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
i need to vent a bit, just venting please dont hate on me for it

So i consider myself a pretty competent player, im not great however i feel that im one of the more reliable players you can find. I play normals with a group of people who are 16-1900's and never feel out of place, seldom is the day i lose my lane straight up. Now the flipside to this is that rarely do i completely boss my lane, I have never been a great aggressor in lane, i consider myself to be a really good teamfighter, farmer and team player. Now make of that what you will but when i do ranked I am now playing with people who are, to put it mildly, rather terrible. They have no map awareness, teamfights are not organised, and usually one lane feeds to the extent that the game may aswell be over. Meanwhile im sitting in my lane outfarming it by a big margine, but that isnt enough, there are no teamfights, i roam and get kills but i can never get as fed as the super feeding bottom lanes foe. So i keep losing games in ranked and i keep playing against worse and worse people, with worse and worse people, and i cant seem to get myself out of it.

This game is god damn depressing at times :[

Im now 1300 elo where i was 1488 and im completely stuck, im falling hard and my current playstyle just doesnt work. This is the playstyle i spent about a year getting good at, my cs is usually really really good. Blah

I am completely baffled how people just get out of this elo hell

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Shen is hopefully getting buffs in the future. Sejuani and Volibear both just got released. Galio is totally viable right now. Cho is still good. Maokai is huge in the jungle right now. Mundo is getting some changes eventually. Leona is a strong tank/support right now. Singed is pretty good right now. Even Malphite is becoming popular again.

A lot of those are becoming "popular" because they aren't getting banned and like I said are "tanky" dps. In terms of more straight tanks though most of them don't really fit that bill. I mean Maokai can tank, but I'd put him more as tanky with some magic dps. Stuff like this.

Since I'm still low level on NA, I figured I might as well dunk.

(click for full view)

Soraka got fed hard and my teammates could not keep up against her. It might be because it was pretty much 4v5, but their Kat was doing really bad. Soraka was so annoying though. He kept trashtalking, bragging that Soraka is the "new carry" and such. Reported him for the offensive language.

I peeled off 6 towers and constantly harassed inhibitors, which forced them to play defense. Whenever I outrun Soraka he called me out for being a coward as seen in a screenshot above.

We lost, but it was fun as ****ing hell. People kept chasing me. Sion was really dangerous with the stun. Corki can melt down in an instant if I don't run away fast enough.

Sadly, I did not use the complete setup of the Dunkmaster, since I had to keep one slot reserved for wards. All the wards you see are just mine, lol. I bought the last PD when they were down to just one nexus tower.

Jenga

Banned
I am completely baffled how people just get out of this elo hell

complete luck

any decent player can get to at least 1600 games

I've played them and there really is no difference from even unranked games. just slightly less idiots/trolls

it all depends on what dregs of society matchmaking gets you

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Since I'm still low level on NA, I figured I might as well dunk.

(click for full view)

[url]http://i.imgur.com/bgPXDl.jpg[/url]
[url]http://i.imgur.com/swUv1l.jpg[/url]
[url]http://i.imgur.com/CCTN6l.jpg[/url]

Soraka got fed hard and my teammates could not keep up against her. It might be because it was pretty much 4v5, but their Kat was doing really bad. Soraka was so annoying though. He kept trashtalking, bragging that Soraka is the "new carry" and such. Reported him for the offensive language.

I peeled off 6 towers and constantly harassed inhibitors, which forced them to play defense. Whenever I outrun Soraka he called me out for being a coward as seen in a screenshot above.

We lost, but it was fun as ****ing hell. People kept chasing me. Sion was really dangerous with the stun. Corki can melt down in an instant if I don't run away fast enough.

Sadly, I did not use the complete setup of the Dunkmaster, since I had to keep one slot reserved for wards. All the wards you see are just mine, lol. I bought the last PD when they were down to just one nexus tower.
you had that game in the bag but you kept buying PD. srsly? why didn't you just get infi ege. and blood thurst. then stack pd.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
complete luck

any decent player can get to at least 1600 games

I've played them and there really is no difference from even unranked games. just slightly less idiots/trolls

it all depends on what dregs of society matchmaking gets you

See im at a bypass, dyrus for example has 4 smurfs, all of which are 2000+ on eu and na, doubelift the same. This shows me it is possible to be consistently good enough, to influence games enough, to remove luck from the larger picture. Now individual games can be decided on luck, but over the course of many games I have to believe that luck plays a much less important role than skill lever. Now the issue I face is that the way i play is not the way to win at this elo, so i need to adapt and find a way to play to win. I imagine either mastering ad carry, which is itself problematic because ad carry isnt going to snowball a game hard early (by and large). So i guess that means i need to master the snowball mids who can influence hard early midgame.

But that is literally a whole new way of playing i havent done before.

See im at a bypass, dyrus for example has 4 smurfs, all of which are 2000+ on eu and na, doubelift the same. This shows me it is possible to be consistently good enough, to influence games enough, to remove luck from the larger picture. Now individual games can be decided on luck, but over the course of many games I have to believe that luck plays a much less important role than skill lever. Now the issue I face is that the way i play is not the way to win at this elo, so i need to adapt and find a way to play to win. I imagine either mastering ad carry, which is itself problematic because ad carry isnt going to snowball a game hard early (by and large). So i guess that means i need to master the snowball mids who can influence hard early midgame.

But that is literally a whole new way of playing i havent done before.

Duo with someone who you know is really good at one role in the game. A good friend of mine is one of the best ranged ADs I know, he consistently wins his lane and always hits every CS possible. He still can't win games on a regular basis if he has a bad support or if the rest of does poorly. If I play with him though, we get a higher winning % at least, like we win about 65% of the time instead of 50-55%. I'm currently fluctuating between ~1470 and 1550, and really I think I found my true somewhere in there, but when I play with him I almost always go towards the higher boundary.

Also I find if you can get out of bot lane then you will have much more control on the game. Jungle/AP mid is normally the best way to carry yourself out as you can apply pressure where needed.

Finally, this just came to me. If your first few picks have a theme to theme, like the jungler goes Amumu, then someone goes Morg/Kennen, continue that comp. Get Sona instead of Taric or whatever as she has the AoE stun that synergizes well with those champs.

Mr Cola

Duo with someone who you know is really good at one role in the game. A good friend of mine is one of the best ranged ADs I know, he consistently wins his lane and always hits every CS possible. He still can't win games on a regular basis if he has a bad support or if the rest of does poorly. If I play with him though, we get a higher winning % at least, like we win about 65% of the time instead of 50-55%. I'm currently fluctuating between ~1470 and 1550, and really I think I found my true somewhere in there, but when I play with him I almost always go towards the higher boundary.

Also I find if you can get out of bot lane then you will have much more control on the game. Jungle/AP mid is normally the best way to carry yourself out as you can apply pressure where needed.

Finally, this just came to me. If your first few picks have a theme to theme, like the jungler goes Amumu, then someone goes Morg/Kennen, continue that comp. Get Sona instead of Taric or whatever as she has the AoE stun that synergizes well with those champs.

Everyone i know is ranked between 1500 and 1600 atm, im 1283, i mean if any of you want to do some ranked let me know but i dont have anyone i know around my current elo.

Last 4 games 2 afks, one person who spent the whole game flaming the team and in every game bot lane has fed to the point where the game is over at 20.

:[

dimb

Why do competitive players pick Shaco in tournaments? I don't understand.

Junglers are noticeably underleveled right now when mid game rolls. It's really terrible. There are going to have to be more changes to how it works because it is super broken right now.

KJTB

Shyvanna... sleeper OP?

I've been playing around with her and she's insanely strong late game. There's this little trick I found that's pretty unfair imo. Basically, you take top lane and run flash teleport. But, you start the game by counterjungling. Say their jungler starts blue, I start at their wraiths --> red --> golem --> blue pill --> buy and TP to lane. Doing this gets me lvl 2 almost lvl 3 which right off the bat gives you a level advantage, ruin the enemy junglers path, red buff, a ward, and like 2 or 3 extra potions .

Give it a try, I've done it 3 times now with really great success :D

Flare

Shyvanna... sleeper OP?

I've been playing around with her and she's insanely strong late game. There's this little trick I found that's pretty unfair imo. Basically, you take top lane and run flash teleport. But, you start the game by counterjungling. Say their jungler starts blue, I start at their wraiths --> red --> golem --> blue pill --> buy and TP to lane. Doing this gets me lvl 2 almost lvl 3 which right off the bat gives you a level advantage, ruin the enemy junglers path, red buff, a ward, and like 2 or 3 extra potions .

She was a sleeper until very recently and since then has been shining.

red13th

Shyvanna... sleeper OP?

I'm so buying Shyvanna when her sexy skin (the one she has long red hair) goes on sale.
Not that I'll be able to play any time soon but I love that skin.

JesseZao

Shyvanna... sleeper OP?

Sounds awesome. I've never played shy jungle, but does she take red solo w/o getting too low?

Ferrio

Banned
Sounds awesome. I've never played shy jungle, but does she take red solo w/o getting too low?

No, once you have lvl 2 and smite the golems/lizard are no bother. She just counter jungles really well, which is good cause her ganks are so abysmal unless the other team is kissing your turret. If you don't have smite it's risky, especially agaainst teams who actively look out at their jungle.

KJTB

No, once you have lvl 2 and smite the golems/lizard are no bother. She just counter jungles really well, which is good cause her ganks are so abysmal unless the other team is kissing your turret. If you don't have smite it's risky, especially agaainst teams who actively look out at their jungle.

Don't even need smite. You do get a little low after doing red. If their jungler starts blue, my clear from wraiths (leave one of them) --> red --> double golems (leave the small one) takes 2 health potions and I finish around half hp. It's a tad risky, but definitely worth it if you pull it off. Plus, if they have jungle defended really well then you can just start the game normally and then start counter jungling. I've found that placing a ward at the enemies red (if you start bot side of map) or blue (if you start on the top of the map) gives you complete buff control.

6 game win streak using this strategy :D

Edit: Kinda read your post wrong. I can see how running smite instead of flash could be good for the safety of it but I think that starting with flash is better overall in terms of what it does for you throughout the game. With the right runes and timing I clear their wraiths and red/ wolves and blue quick enough for me to clear, pill, and tp back to lane before their top hits 2.

Don't even need smite. You do get a little low after doing red. If their jungler starts blue, my clear from wraiths (leave one of them) --> red --> double golems (leave the small one) takes 2 health potions and I finish around half hp. It's a tad risky, but definitely worth it if you pull it off. Plus, if they have jungle defended really well then you can just start the game normally and then start counter jungling. I've found that placing a ward at the enemies red (if you start bot side of map) or blue (if you start on the top of the map) gives you complete buff control.

6 game win streak using this strategy :D

Edit: Kinda read your post wrong. I can see how running smite instead of flash could be good for the safety of it but I think that starting with flash is better overall in terms of what it does for you throughout the game. With the right runes and timing I clear their wraiths and red/ wolves and blue quick enough for me to clear, pill, and tp back to lane before their top hits 2.

I want to see this in-game. Mind if we play together?

Jenga

Banned
since when was shyvana "sleeper" OP?

oh or it's one of those things where it's obvious to everyone but the community won't take note of it until a couple of months later like riven

well whatever

playing viktor and he gets blown up by anyone with range on his laser (veigar with stun, cass with everything)

KJTB

you know
when you randomly get put against bad players and it makes you feel like your hero is better than they really are

Well considering I only play normals, my opponents usually aren't that great so this strat might not work against more aware players. In normal soloque though the tendency for most games is that the entire team usually protects/leashes their jungler's starting buff, leaving the other half of the jungle wide open.

Shyv can control the enemy jungle buffs so well and keep stealing them because she clears the jungle extremely quickly while at the same time is able to push creep waves to the enemy tower. Basically every 5 minutes or whatever you force your lane to their tower, quickly run to the enemy jungle and take their buffs, and then run back

goober

Just played Jungle Alistar. hahah thank goodness I was playing with friends. I gave up first blood when we 5 man ganked their jungle at level 1.

ended up going like 0/7/12.

my friends carried hard lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom