• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2dvd

Troll Garen is best Garen.

6Nr7L.jpg

Hi,

I'm following this tread for 3 months now and I just got the confirmation for my account. I just wanted to ask the guys on the West European server if there is a neoGAF lol channel or something similar. It would be nice to play some games with people that at least communicate in a suitable way.

Thanks

bjaelke

Hi,

I'm following this tread for 3 months now and I just got the confirmation for my account. I just wanted to ask the guys on the West European server if there is a neoGAF lol channel or something similar. It would be nice to play some games with people that at least communicate in a suitable way.

Thanks

There's no chat room, but we are some people on the west server. We're leveling our smurfs right now. Name's "Papa is a bear"

Staab

There's no chat room, but we are some people on the west server. We're leveling our smurfs right now. Name's "Papa is a bear"
Eh actually there is.
I'm in #NeoGAF pretty often and some other people as well.
Just put it on autojoin and I could see us being 5-10 on week-end nights !

Cool, thanks. I'll send you a request this evening. But what do you mean by "leveling our smurfs"? Are you playing with new low-level accounts?

Edit:
Eh actually there is.

Thanks too! I'm going to check this out.

bjaelke

Eh actually there is.

On EU West? I know there's one on the NA server.
Cool, thanks. I'll send you a request this evening. But what do you mean by "leveling our smurfs"? Are you playing with new low-level accounts?
Yes. I'm level ~10 now.

Somax

I play on EUW, but almost always with my little group of friends... if someone wants to add me for some games, the summoner name is Tucker Kobold.
Right now I cannot remember if there's a space between the two words...

Blizzard

Banned
It still makes me happy that I got Teemo in that GAF inhouse all-random-all-mid game a week or two ago, promptly ran to the middle of the mid lane and stealthed, and I think I got first blood because of it. I had to sit there like, minutes to have a chance at killing someone, and since everyone was on the same mumble channel the other team was trying to figure out why our team kept giggling on the mic. =P

Rawk Hawk

Alright, well after playing some games with weekend with GAFer's and running into the situation where none of us were comfortable in the jungle, I think it's time I give it a shot to at least fill the role when needed. As of now I've done solo customs and can clear everything fine with Skaner or Maokai, but before I go live in a game I'm curious what our resident junglers have for advice? I'll likely use Maokai, Skaner or Rammus, simply out of liking the champions, and it's unlikely the 3 will all be banned if I ever do this in ranked. But is there another Jungler who is easier to learn with? Lee Sin and Shaco are popular and good junglers, but both seem like they have a steep learning curve compared to say Rammus.

What do you guys think?

Rawk Hawk

Perfect, I'll use Skarner to start then. Now if only there were 4 people I knew to play some rounds tonight so I don't get mocked to oblivion for being horrible... Hmmm...

Ferrio

Banned
Perfect, I'll use Skarner to start then. Now if only there were 4 people I knew to play some rounds tonight so I don't get mocked to oblivion for being horrible... Hmmm...

It's actually really easy, people make it sound like some horrible task. I find laning properly harder than jungling.

Blizzard

Banned
A word of advice (since I'm clearly the most awesome genius LoL player here), look up a highly rated jungle guide and/or video and pay attention to the items and routes from level 1-6.

Then play some intermediate bot games, or even a custom game by yourself, and just focus on doing those routes and making sure you're comfortable with them, you don't feel you're wasting time or getting too low health, etc.

People may advise against bot games in general, and I'm sure they build bad habits if you play them all the time, but doing custom/bot games to practice a new jungle route is far preferable to starting it in a PVP game in my opinion. It should only take a game or two for the route to become comfortable for you, and then you can try the same thing in PVP. :) Ganking (and enemies stealing your jungle) is the wrinkle that is added, since you won't be able to practice ganking well in bot games.

Rawk Hawk

A word of advice (since I'm clearly the most awesome genius LoL player here), look up a highly rated jungle guide and/or video and pay attention to the items and routes from level 1-6.

Then play some intermediate bot games, or even a custom game by yourself, and just focus on doing those routes and making sure you're comfortable with them, you don't feel you're wasting time or getting too low health, etc.

People may advise against bot games in general, and I'm sure they build bad habits if you play them all the time, but doing custom/bot games to practice a new jungle route is far preferable to starting it in a PVP game in my opinion. It should only take a game or two for the route to become comfortable for you, and then you can try the same thing in PVP. :) Ganking (and enemies stealing your jungle) is the wrinkle that is added, since you won't be able to practice ganking well in bot games.
I've already given that a go, I can clear the jungles pretty quickly by myself and am no stranger to TheOddOne's videos (although I don't know where to find ones from Saint?). Unfortunately I watch most here at work, meaning 5 mins here, or there.. so I can't really watch streams or I miss too much.

As for starting Maokai crushed wraths with the saplings, and then they respoawn after you get a leashed blue and wolves, so that's nice. For skarner I generally just start with wolves then a leashed blue, of course this is all bot/custom games.

Both I have been using a regrowth pendant and 1 hp pot, into the philo stone and boots

Blizzard

Banned
Sounds like you're definitely familiar with the concepts then, no worries. I just didn't want you to do my thing of "oh you guys want a jungler, psh sure, I'll go shaco" *spends the first 5 minutes of the game reading guides*

Rawk Hawk

Sounds like you're definitely familiar with the concepts then, no worries. I just didn't want you to do my thing of "oh you guys want a jungler, psh sure, I'll go shaco" *spends the first 5 minutes of the game reading guides*
Haha, I've played a few rounds where I think people do that. I've played long enough now that I'm familiar with all the champs and their skills, I understand the general role of the jungler, my biggest concern is seeing the top lane pushed while I'm doing double golems on the bot or something. Basically just not anticipating where to be and when. Also, not sure who can solo dragon and when should I get into a game without an opposing jungler (as if that's the case I don't think I'd really try soloing it, bot and mid would push so they could help).

What about dealing with someone counter jungling you a lot? Warding helps I assume, but that's a concern of mine as well.

In the end.. I'm likely completely ready and probably won't be too horrible at it, but I'm still standing on the edge of the diving board saying "well, I dunno.. how deep is it again?"

Merovin

I must be missing something, or no one is alive, but I can't seem to join the right channel for us EU West Gaffers.

Edit: Never mind, I'm stupid!

Ferrio

Banned
What about dealing with someone counter jungling you a lot? Warding helps I assume, but that's a concern of mine as well.

Most of the time it isn't a huge issue, unless you're jungling someone who's really vulnerable. Someone like skarner doesn't have to worry, he clears fast enough, and is tanky enough that he's pretty good to go.

Even if you get countered, creeps spawn so fast in the new jungle it isn't that bad of a hit.

One thing you should make sure you know is how to properly use smite. A badly timed smite can turn around a match pretty drastically. Know when you should have it saved to secure red/blue/dragon/baron, and when you can just use it.

Also make sure to try and supply your mid with blue as much as possible, and to pull the shots when you guys should do dragon.

Mxrz

Critplank is annoying. One lucky crit isn't so bad, but they seem to get two or more in a row a little too often. But if they don't get lucky, then they're easy to push out of lane. Just doesn't feel too fun either way.

Saw some Mordes absolutely dominate this week. Like 1v5'ing the enemy and not even caring.

-Jungle Singed? /watches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom