• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawk Hawk

Most of the time it isn't a huge issue, unless you're jungling someone who's really vulnerable. Someone like skarner doesn't have to worry, he clears fast enough, and is tanky enough that he's pretty good to go.

Even if you get countered, creeps spawn so fast in the new jungle it isn't that bad of a hit.

One thing you should make sure you know is how to properly use smite. A badly timed smite can turn around a match pretty drastically. Know when you should have it saved to secure red/blue/dragon/baron, and when you can just use it.

Also make sure to try and supply your mid with blue as much as possible, and to pull the shots when you guys should do dragon.
Assuming both teams have junglers and a support who is keeping dragon warded, around what level do you generally start pushing for dragons? When I watch videos that's one thing I can't really get a grasp on, seems like post lv7-8 you could push the waves and try it? Baron is a little easier, as usually it follows a won team fight, so chances are my smite would be up since I'm obviously not using it in the team fight. But dragon, I may be jungling and doing dragon within the same minute.

IsayFever

via Reddit thought it was cool, Cyborg Cassiopeia

tumblr_lymaud3tx81qb9eedo1_1280.jpg

Ferrio

Banned
Assuming both teams have junglers and a support who is keeping dragon warded, around what level do you generally start pushing for dragons? When I watch videos that's one thing I can't really get a grasp on, seems like post lv7-8 you could push the waves and try it? Baron is a little easier, as usually it follows a won team fight, so chances are my smite would be up since I'm obviously not using it in the team fight. But dragon, I may be jungling and doing dragon within the same minute.

Ya, around 7-8 is when I start attempting, maybe less..matters if I got wriggles or not. As for smite, if you're a latern jungler you don't need to use smite anymore except on dragon/baron once you have it. Jungle creeps go down way too quickly. Only time you might use it is to secure a blue/red for whatever reason (another jungler there, or you're counter jungling and need to get out asap)

y2dvd

It's all about communication. Talk to bot lane and ask if dragon was warded. If not, you can come from the top and even sneak solo it at lvl 6, though it's hella risky. You usually do dragon if you killed someone mid or bot lane and lanes are pushed out and you outnumber them while top is being kept busy.

bjaelke

5 minutes into the game and my ad carry is 0/3...

edit 0/4 now

edit oh snap. we won! leblanc and katarina got 20+ kills and made the other team surrender. i did not see that coming.

teebs33

Neo Member
I just started playing this regularly, and only just thought to jump into the community thread. 1st question, why don't you buy Tier 2 Ruins?

I guess I'll stop doing so now, but I'm curious why this is the suggestion.

Ferrio

Banned
I just started playing this regularly, and only just thought to jump into the community thread. 1st question, why don't you buy Tier 2 Ruins?

It's just a waste of ip. Soon as you hit summoner lvl 20, you shouldn't use anything besides tier 3. So those runes are only useful for a very small period of time.

if only his spin crits..lol

I could have sworn I've seen the "crit" text pop up while Garen was spinning, unless it was part of some sort of combo instantly before or after the spin.

Why the hell do you guys think I get IE and Atmas instead of going for BT or something else? It's why I level his abilities like this: QEWEER EQE

Spin with damage and crit on it is fucking scary early game. Stun, silence, knock up... Garen keeps on spinning and dealing his damage.

Every time he crits during his spin, you'll see an additional sword icon over the heads of his enemies.

P.S. If you cast his R while you are spinning (and they are in range when you click) his ult will land waaaaaaaaaaaaaay outside the stated range if they move away once you stop spinning. If anyone remembers me bullying a Ryze yesterday, he kept exclaiming that he was way out of range. That is why.

It's grossly inefficient. Tier 1 runes are stupidly cheap. They do 60% of what T3 runes do, but at 10% of the cost. T3 runes are necessary once you start playing at level 30.

T2 offer neither advantage. IP sink.

GAF thread for LoL, woot.

I'm currently playing LeBlanc frequently, my next champ to learn is going to be Fizz (because he's such a troll).

Welcome!

teebs33

Neo Member
It's just a waste of ip. Soon as you hit summoner lvl 20, you shouldn't use anything besides tier 3. So those runes are only useful for a very small period of time.

So from 14 - 20 (Remaining levels I shouldn't update my runes until I can buy Rank 3?

Or just live with level 1 runes + the 10-15 level 2 ones that I've acquired?

Ferrio

Banned
Ignore runes altogether until you can get tier 3. If you already purchased runes, then use them, but don't buy anymore until tier 3.

XeroSauce

Tier 1 are so cheap that they can be used to experiment, though.

That's what I was just thinking. What if you had a champion that you wanted to experiment with, rune-wise, so you bought a bunch of Tier 1s?

A lot of the runes are common between champs (armor, MR, movement speed) and they are so cheap that you can make the IP back within a game or two.

Ferrio

Banned
That's what I was just thinking. What if you had a champion that you wanted to experiment with, rune-wise, so you bought a bunch of Tier 1s?

A lot of the runes are common between champs (armor, MR, movement speed) and they are so cheap that you can make the IP back within a game or two.

Because tier 1 runes are almost negligible. And at those summoner levels they ARE negligible.

XeroSauce

My point is at that summoner level runes aren't going to help much due to the player's skill. That extra 10 atk damage isn't going to do much when people are failing at basics at that level.

I'm not saying that a Level 5 Summoner should do it, I'm talking about someone who has a decent set of pages already (3-4) and would like to try out a champion with a different runeset. Tankplank. Lanewick. AD Sona. etc.

Runes make more of a difference when you are going for a build against the norm, but there's no reason to spend so much on experimental builds when Tier 1's do 60% of the job. That's my theory, I don't have the runepages so I theorycraft more then I play. :/

KJTB

I'm in the boat of dont spend ip on runes until t3, even on cheap t1 runes. I told my friend to just buy 1 or 2 champs on his way to 20 and save all his ip, when he hit 20 he was able to create like a full runepage with some other runes scattered here and there. I wish I did that... took me so long to fill up my rune pages

XeroSauce

New/Changed Items:

Stark's Fervor
Zeke’s Herald
+250 Health
UNIQUE Passive: +15% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Aura: Grants nearby allied champions 12% Life Steal and 20% Attack Speed.
Now builds from Kindlegem instead of Recurve Bow.

Emblem of Valor Changed
+25 Armor
UNIQUE Aura: Nearby allied Champions gain 10 Health Regen per 5 seconds.

builds into:

Locket of the Iron Solari

iron_solari_locket.png

+300 Health
+35 Armor
UNIQUE Aura: Nearby allied Champions gain 15 Health Regen per 5 seconds.
UNIQUE Active: Shield yourself and nearby allies for 5 seconds, absorbing up to 50 (+10 per level) damage (60 second cooldown).

VALKYRAY

Banned
Stark’s Fervor remake? who the fuck asked for it??
when i play as ad carry, I get this over bloodthirster all the time for the armor pen.
as an ad carry, all i need armor pen. who the fuck needs cool down reduction!?

Volimar

I'd love a new spell vamp item. Maybe one that snowballs like RoA, but not like soulstealer.

It's nice to see some more love for supports though.

Ferrio

Banned
when i play as ad carry, I get this over bloodthirster all the time for the armor pen.
as an ad carry, all we need armor pen. who the fuck needs cool down reduction!?

I'm guessing since usually supports were picking it up, and attack speed does nothing for the. Guess I can throw out my whole starks is awesome on ad carry argument.

Like the locket a lot.

EXGN

as an ad carry, all i need armor pen. who the fuck needs cool down reduction!?

Go Black Cleaver then?

EXGN

Black cleaver reduces armor, and last whisper has armor penetration. Is the armor reduction generally better than the armor penetration?

I actually meant Last Whisper, but I like BC because from my understanding, it can give people negative armor. So it will shred the tanks armor by 45 points and can actually give some squishies negative armor.

Edit - Guinsoo: We're aware that this change will remove one of the only "support your AD" items we have, but we also didn't like the stat spread on it as much as we could have. So, we remade it as we wanted it, and we plan to add a new item soon to fill the role of the old Stark's Fervor.

ElectraStar

lolol, who doesn't?!

New/Changed Items:

Stark's Fervor
Zeke’s Herald
+250 Health
UNIQUE Passive: +15% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Aura: Grants nearby allied champions 12% Life Steal and 20% Attack Speed.
Now builds from Kindlegem instead of Recurve Bow.

Emblem of Valor Changed
+25 Armor
UNIQUE Aura: Nearby allied Champions gain 10 Health Regen per 5 seconds.

builds into:

Locket of the Iron Solari

iron_solari_locket.png

+300 Health
+35 Armor
UNIQUE Aura: Nearby allied Champions gain 15 Health Regen per 5 seconds.
UNIQUE Active: Shield yourself and nearby allies for 5 seconds, absorbing up to 50 (+10 per level) damage (60 second cooldown).

I can see myself more likely to buy Zeke's Herald than its predecessor when I play support for AD-heavy teams. I mean, Sona with + HP and - CD > Sona with effin' Recurve Bow.

XeroSauce

Summoners,

We will be scheduling the release of the Ziggs Patch for early February. We have discovered a potentially serious issue with the update, and – as part of our continued commitment to providing the best possible game experience – we want to take the time make sure conditions are perfect for this rambunctious yordle’s debut on the Fields of Justice.

We will have further details on the availability of the Ziggs Patch as they become available. Stay tuned for more updates in the near future!

Thanks for your patience, and thanks for playing League of Legends.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=20382228#post20382228

Ferga

Well let's hope that the locket has degenerating effects upon multiple use because if a team instantly gets a 1150 health shield... oh god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom