• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Well let's hope that the locket has degenerating effects upon multiple use because if a team instantly gets a 1150 health shield... oh god.
I don't like phrasing it that way, however. It's 230 per champion in range, which should be roughly one ability or autoattack per champion, and the max total shield value will presumably only happen if every champion is both in range of the health shield effect and being actively attacked within the next 5 seconds. If one side is able to prolong the fight to wait it out, it might not help some champions at all, meaning at most a couple of attacks are blocked. I dunno, maybe it will end up being more powerful than I expect in practice.

Flare

I don't like phrasing it that way, however. It's 230 per champion in range, which should be roughly one ability or autoattack per champion, and the max total shield value will presumably only happen if every champion is both in range of the health shield effect and being actively attacked within the next 5 seconds. If one side is able to prolong the fight to wait it out, it might not help some champions at all, meaning at most a couple of attacks are blocked. I dunno, maybe it will end up being more powerful than I expect in practice.

Regardless, somewhere in some dark corner a Karthus is crying.

Ferrio

Banned

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Why are people instant banning Ahri in ranked :( She is only a little bit OP, all those practice and can't even play her in ranked.

Oh well.... 1k more IP then I can AP KOG"MAW.

Arment

Why are people instant banning Ahri in ranked :( She is only a little bit OP, all those practice and can't even play her in ranked.

Oh well.... 1k more IP then I can AP KOG"MAW.

She's insanely good. I won 12 games in a row with her week 1. She has barely any counters. I don't play her much now because she's banned so much, so I'm mastering Leblanc.

That was a rather... prompt response.

Bet the RA was used to other forums where they can just wave people away.

Not so with Riot, apparently. I do wish their forums didn't cap at 10PPP, so stupid. GAF has spoiled me.

Inskipp

I'm glad that they remade Stark's into more of a support item, but I feel uneasy about the removal of the only valid life-steal/attack speed- item in the game. Granted, not a lot of characters were able to utilize it properly, but it was still a good option to have around. Also I'm not a fan of the name change (Game of Thrones > some punk referee)

However this gives Riot an opportunity to introduce a new item that could fill out this particular void.

The Iron Solari is looks interesting. Can't comment much on it from the current standpoint. Might be a good option against AoE- heavy teams.

Black cleaver reduces armor, and last whisper has armor penetration. Is the armor reduction generally better than the armor penetration?
Black Cleaver reduces a total of 45 armor iirc, so against anything over 110 armor, last whisper wins out. Black Cleaver also takes time to build up its total armor reduction, while Last Whisper's ArPen is always applied in total.

Last Whisper also applies its armor penetration to skills that deal physical damage, such as Pantheon's spear or Ashe's volley. Black Cleaver only applies via auto-attacks.

Which one is applied first? Penetration or reduction?

Like if I had Black Cleaver and Last Whisper. I hit once against a target with 100 armor.

Will it be (100-15)*(0.6), or (100*0.6)-15?

bjaelke

Which one is applied first? Penetration or reduction?

Like if I had Black Cleaver and Last Whisper. I hit once against a target with 100 armor.

Will it be (100-15)*(0.6), or (100*0.6)-15?

You calculate armor reduction first and the penetration.

Percentage armor reduction
Flat armor reduction
Flat armor penetration
Percentage armor penetration

Feature

Banned
you try landing those skillshots on people that actually know how ahri works

You don't even have to know how ahri works to easely dodge skill attacks. Like I said, she's OP and easy. And hitting skillshots with ahri herself is in no way different than hitting skillshots with lets say, ezreal.

Inskipp

You don't even have to know how ahri works to easely dodge skill attacks. Like I said, she's OP and easy. And hitting skillshots with ahri herself is in no way different than hitting skillshots with lets say, ezreal.
Ezreal has the luxury of super short cooldowns and he can rely on auto-attacks as well.

If you miss your shit with Ahri, you're fucked.

Inskipp

yeah miss those orbs that you safely shoot from behind a wall of minions and you're sure to get ganked

cough
I was referring to a skirmish- scenario, where you are locked in combat

However a scenario that you described will cause the lane to be pushed, which indeed does render you vulnerable for a possible gank- attempt.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If you miss your shit with Ahri, you're fucked.
Half of her abilities are auto-lock on, the other half are the biggest skillshots in the world that have no delay on them.
However a scenario that you described will cause the lane to be pushed, which indeed does render you vulnerable for a possible gank- attempt.
Ahri is like the safest laner of all time. If you have flash and your ult up you aren't getting ganked.

Jenga

Banned
I was referring to a skirmish- scenario, where you are locked in combat

which is why you gotta be good enough to nick them while snagging last hits

and it's not like you have a triple dash ult

EXGN

I feel bad for the Ambassador guy, I don't think he meant ill.

Marc probably had his ass for it.

Ya, I think the text of his response was misinterpreted. "Have you looked at General Discussion lately?" could be perceived as either really sarcastic and snarky or as genuine (the latter of which I think was the intent, but obviously many thought otherwise).

Blizzard

Banned
Yeah, I'm not sure if there is ANY other champion that is harder to gank than Ahri. I suppose vlad technically has the 2-second untargetable invincibility, but even he doesn't have the distance coverage Ahri has. On the other hand, he can use it more often.

Regarding the iron solari locket, it would be hilarious if they messed up and let the aura stack, letting teams do an instant 1000+ HP shield for everyone. :p

I've never had much trouble mid against Ahri's. There are some that kick my ass, but most aren't that troublesome. I do play Morg, though. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I've never had much trouble mid against Ahri's. There are some that kick my ass, but most aren't that troublesome. I do play Morg, though. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.
1) Morgana is an anti-caster mage.
2) Morgana is also OP.

Rawk Hawk

Yeah, I'm not sure if there is ANY other champion that is harder to gank than Ahri. I suppose vlad technically has the 2-second untargetable invincibility, but even he doesn't have the distance coverage Ahri has. On the other hand, he can use it more often.

Regarding the inon solari locket, it would be hilarious if they messed up and let the aura stack, letting teams do an instant 1000+ HP shield for everyone. :p
LeBlanc is basically ungankable as well.

y2dvd

Leblanc is funny. She's like "Lawls I just killed you with a combo in half a second and now I'm way back over here!" *trollface

ElectraStar

Too bad for Star.
I don't get to play Karthus much these days anyway :/

It also eats up 20% of his HP, so you have to weight the odds.

Leblanc is funny. She's like "Lawls I just killed you with a combo in half a second and now I'm way back over here!" *trollface

lol I wish that was her taunt

Mxrz

The riot forums are . . . something else. I don't play Sivir at all, but my friend plays her exclusively, so I had only a passing interest in her remake. The forums were flooded with people calling it a nerf when it hit, "Lol @ Riot fail," and all that. Now it is full of people demanding Sivir be nerfed down or "reverted.' Yikes.

No patch yet? Darn.

Veritas_

She's completely unbalanced and overpowered.

She still has counters. I've played against (and lost) to Morgana, Galio, and Kennen.

Morg and Galio can push the lane, forcing you to waste abilities getting last hits. This drains your mana and leaves you unable to fight. Kennen can just sit back and hurl shurikens all day long to farm. Once he hits 6 he can sneak off, gank, then snowball out of control.

Ahri is weak against aggressive lane pushers and if she can't secure early game kills. If you're still 0/0/0 by 15 minutes in, you're going to have a hard time keeping up. She's strong, but I wouldn't say overpowered.

bjaelke

Kings of Europe final starting soon: http://www.own3d.tv/live/211743/OGamingTV_International

CLG.EU vs M5
Patch is delayed to fix some terrible bug.

ETA: Early Feb, so maybe somewhere around next week

It could already be tomorrow. They have two versions of the new patch. One of them is with all the new features, fixes, items and champions. The other is a trimmed version. They'll release the latter in case they can't solve the issue right away.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm glad that they remade Stark's into more of a support item, but I feel uneasy about the removal of the only valid life-steal/attack speed- item in the game. Granted, not a lot of characters were able to utilize it properly, but it was still a good option to have around. Also I'm not a fan of the name change (Game of Thrones > some punk referee)

Ya, one of my main items on shyvana :(.

LeBlanc is basically ungankable as well.

But leblanc falls off way harder late game.

Not to mention leblanc *can't* farm minions at all. While ahri bulldozes them.

I'm lucky if I get over 50 cs on leblanc on games.

XeroSauce

She's completely unbalanced and overpowered.

She's hard to gank and she has good sustained damage. She cannot burst someone down instantly like many AP casters and her ratios aren't even that high, if someone built MR the damage and true damage she deals is near negligible. She needs the mobility from her ult because she has no anti-CC or shield.

She DOES have an amazing poke/minion clear and her taunt is probably one of the best in the game, but just because a champion has a kit that works doesn't make them overpowered.

People underestimated her, and now that she's actually making any semblance of a threat, she is "completely unbalanced" and "overpowered".

If you don't get early kills it's incredibly hard to roll face with Ahri, she gets countered by early-game threats and better zoners (Kennen, Karthus, Morgana).

Ferrio

Banned
People underestimated her, and now that she's actually making any semblance of a threat, she is "completely unbalanced" and "overpowered".

Well, my bans are usually for characters who are played often, good, and are annoying. I consider lee sin top in the game, but i don't ban him cause I don't find him annoying. He's dangerous but not annoying.

People like Shaco, Ahri, Kassadin, Morgana. Characters that fuck with the meta or all just hellish to gank/kill get the axe.

Boken

Banned
RE: Ahri.

She's not OP. She is however, a great pubstomper. High poke, high mobility, threatening cc, decent burst - her kit is great at punishing poor play. She's essentially a Kassadin that farms better, has more burst but slightly less mobility. Because of this, she snowballs very well and people fear her - like they fear kass.

Also all you Ahri's who lose to Morgana.... Ahri actually is a soft counter to Morgana. Try maxing W while constantly auto attacking. Morgana can't fight you at all.

EDIT: God I need to sleep but CLGeu v M5 is way too good of a matchup to miss...

Boken

Banned
Must see how Wickd deals with Shyvanna. I don't know if he can pull it off. Picking Irelia smacks of too much confidence!

If Wickd screws up, the game is over. Anivia will lose blues and thus lose to Galio.

Rawk Hawk

But leblanc falls off way harder late game.

Not to mention leblanc *can't* farm minions at all. While ahri bulldozes them.

I'm lucky if I get over 50 cs on leblanc on games.
Oh yea, I don't think LB is OP at all. The topic of ungankable came up and Blizzard said he didn't think anyone was harder to gank than Ahri, I was just saying I think LB is harder is all. LB has her down falls, and It hink Ahri is certainly a more OP champ, but as far as gankable, at least when Ahri's Ult is down you have a chance. LB has a get out of jail free card up much more often, and usually doesn't even need the ult and SS flash to avoid being killed.

Rawk Hawk

Well, my bans are usually for characters who are played often, good, and are annoying. I consider lee sin top in the game, but i don't ban him cause I don't find him annoying. He's dangerous but not annoying.

People like Shaco, Ahri, Kassadin, Morgana. Characters that fuck with the meta or all just hellish to gank/kill get the axe.
Yea I agree, I normally ban Champions that just annoy me. Tryndamere and Shaco always make that list. Even if they are counterable, I just don't even like seeing them in the game, haha.

Ferrio

Banned
Oh yea, I don't think LB is OP at all. The topic of ungankable came up and Blizzard said he didn't think anyone was harder to gank than Ahri, I was just saying I think LB is harder is all. LB has her down falls, and It hink Ahri is certainly a more OP champ, but as far as gankable, at least when Ahri's Ult is down you have a chance. LB has a get out of jail free card up much more often, and usually doesn't even need the ult and SS flash to avoid being killed.

Her W is on a pretty high cooldown, and you can only use it once. Usually you'll use it in a fight and not have it to escape with. Ahri can use her ult 1,2 times in a fight and use the rest to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom