• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawk Hawk

Her W is on a pretty high cooldown, and you can only use it once. Usually you'll use it in a fight and not have it to escape with. Ahri can use her ult 1,2 times in a fight and use the rest to get out.
You can use it twice with her Ult, plus gives her the option to bounce back to juke the team. I think during laning both are fairly ungankable, but I just think LB is more so since she can do it every 15-20 seconds, while Ahri's is going to be closer to 80-90 seconds.

Ferrio

Banned
You can use it twice with her Ult, plus gives her the option to bounce back to juke the team. I think during laning both are fairly ungankable, but I just think LB is more so since she can do it every 15-20 seconds, while Ahri's is going to be closer to 80-90 seconds.

My W is often on cooldown in lane. I don't save it for junglers come for me.

As for her ult, I rarely use it for another W since it's always on cooldown. From me ganking/teamfights.

Rawk Hawk

My W is often on cooldown in lane. I don't save it for junglers come for me.

As for her ult, I rarely use it for another W since it's always on cooldown. From me ganking/teamfights.
I'll keep that in mind if we ever get to play a in house 5v5. :)

I've played LB very little, but generally once I get past an unwarded river, I would be holding on to my W and maybe ult too is my SS's were down, if my SS Flash was up, then I'd still use the ult, but hold my W.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
RE: Ahri.

She's not OP. She is however, a great pubstomper. High poke, high mobility, threatening cc, decent burst - her kit is great at punishing poor play. She's essentially a Kassadin that farms better, has more burst but slightly less mobility. Because of this, she snowballs very well and people fear her - like they fear kass.

Also all you Ahri's who lose to Morgana.... Ahri actually is a soft counter to Morgana. Try maxing W while constantly auto attacking. Morgana can't fight you at all.

EDIT: God I need to sleep but CLGeu v M5 is way too good of a matchup to miss...

Yeah I wouldn't consider Morg to be Ahri counter, taunt is fast enough that most people can't shield it on reaction, so you can just walk toward Morg to bait the shield.

Imo Ryze, Akali, Kass, are hard counter to Ahr. Annie and Xer also are good match against Ahri, since they can harass Ahri down to 70% health, stun burst + ignite will be instant kill. Of course, Ahri can do the same, so there will be lots of potion and doran stackin.

Boken

Banned
Oh Froggen... You lane well but you use your ult way too aggressively in team fights mate.

@ the commentators. I understand how M5's team current team works. Quadruple CC - let shyvanna do all the damage while TF pokes. Shy is one of the highest DPS champions in the game and Darian always gets full reign up top so his farm and thus damage will always be very high.

PS. Kogmaw sux

bjaelke

The "worst" thing about M5 is how they successfully run champions that are also in the weekly rotation. First Shyvana, then Mordekaiser and now tanky Urgot. This does not bode well for solo queue.

Ark

Jatt is a thoroughly brilliant commentator, has good chemistry with Deman too. I'd love to see him at some of the big offline tournaments, especially at Hannover.

Boken

Banned
Final game... And the picks are all normal.

M5 is all like "we can play normal shit and win too"

BUT MY MONEY IS ON CLG

Ferga

Ezreal has the luxury of super short cooldowns and he can rely on auto-attacks as well.

If you miss your shit with Ahri, you're fucked.

Untrue. If you see your opponent on half health, just pop your ult and fox fires. This will pretty much kill them with the help of an ignite.

If you hit a charm on a full health champ who isn't in turret range in lane after level 6, they're screwed. That's why she's OP and constantly banned.

Blizzard

Banned
Since we're talking about OP champs, here is a super in depth look at the DPS output of AD carries:
http://rog.clgaming.net/blogs/a-different-view/5416-guest-analysis-damage-output-of-ad-carries

Sivir so stupid, and this is just damage. She also provides better utility than any other AD carry in the game (besides maybe Ashe).
What does Sivir provide in terms of utility, the speed + attack speed boost?

Also, Sivir has zero crowd control (unlike Caitlyn slow, Kog slow, MF slow, Graves slow, Vayne stun, Trist knockback), and zero escape (unlike Caitlyn net, Graves dash, Vayne roll/stealth, Trist rocket jump). A good Sivir player may not need them, but that seems like it should count for something to me.

At any rate, I used to play Sivir back when everyone presumably said she was the worst thing ever. If she's so great now, can someone recommend a detailed build order please? Preferably more detailed than "just build normal AD items" in case I'm wrong about those items. =P

MultiCore

Also, Sivir has zero crowd control (unlike Caitlyn slow, Kog slow, MF slow, Graves slow, Vayne stun, Trist knockback), and zero escape (unlike Caitlyn net, Graves dash, Vayne roll/stealth, Trist rocket jump). A good Sivir player may not need them, but that seems like it should count for something to me.

At any rate, I used to play Sivir back when everyone presumably said she was the worst thing ever. If she's so great now, can someone recommend a detailed build order please? Preferably more detailed than "just build normal AD items" in case I'm wrong about those items. =P

Her shield is awesome, just relies on good timing to be most effective. Free Banshee's almost.

Achtius

better hurry,they are nerfing her in the upcoming patch

bjaelke

Triple Doran's Blade, Wriggle's Lantern, Phantom Dancer and Berserker's Greaves. Start boots if your support has no heal, otherwise start from left to right.
Her shield is awesome, just relies on good timing to be most effective. Free Banshee's almost.

And free mana.

Blizzard

Banned
better hurry,they are nerfing her in the upcoming patch
Sad that I played her when she sucked, didn't play her when she is apparently the most overpowered trondomore ever, and will now suck again, then. =(

Also, I'm terrible at timing any sort of fast stuff like shield hits. I can play against Caitlyn though, if Caitlyn keeps laying out an infinite series of traps. I can shield those!

Sivir has the largest AOE dmg potential of all the AD carries currently. Her boomerang dmg is insane, her ricochet resets her attack (allowing burst potential. Did i mention the bounces can also crit?) and she has a team ghost+ on command. Her ult is her escape because its on such a low cooldown.

She was bad before because her range was garbage and she couldn't kite (she can now because of her passive)

Where did they mention sivir nerf, Ach?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The ultimate is huge. The movespeed you get from it is insane and provides a massive advantage when it comes to your team getting into the fight and positioning right.

CC can be pretty irrelevant to survivability in lane and team fights. Kog'maw has terrible escape, and MF's slow is pretty garbage. Sivir's lane control combined with her ultimate give her great escapability from ganks, and in team fights that mobility of her entire team allows tanks to get in front easier and Sivir to keep away. If someone does come in on Sivir she has her spell block and the movespeed to create distance between her and the enemy.

Edit: Also, the numbers I posted are bad so yeah, probably shouldn't take those too literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom