• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So I like playing Master Yi, but I feel like at this stage of the LoL game he's outclassed by so many other champs. Plus he has no utility in mid/late game team fights that adds to the team as a whole. This is not to say he's bad. With the right build and a ton of attack speed he can pretty much rip through a lot of characters 1 on 1 late game. This especially goes for if he has his ulty.

His gets countered easy though, has nothing to bring to a team fight, and while he's fast he lacks a great initiator move. I feel like it's not his stats that needs tweaking, but just his general style/abilities. I know a good start would be not losing the ad boost when your E runs out.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
How are you building him, straight AP?

edit: My go to so far has been Deathcap then Morello's
Morello's would probably help your early game more than a Deathcap. You should consider building it first.
So I like playing Master Yi, but I feel like at this stage of the LoL game he's outclassed by so many other champs. Plus he has no utility in mid/late game team fights that adds to the team as a whole. This is not to say he's bad. With the right build and a ton of attack speed he can pretty much rip through a lot of characters 1 on 1 late game. This especially goes for if he has his ulty.

His gets countered easy though, has nothing to bring to a team fight, and while he's fast he lacks a great initiator move. I feel like it's not his stats that needs tweaking, but just his general style/abilities. I know a good start would be not losing the ad boost when your E runs out.
I would love to see him get changed up some. The thing that bugs me most about him is his heal. It doesn't fit his style at all (which is to be highly mobile as a champion). In general, he is just a very passive champion when it comes to ability use.

Swig_

Fizz is fun and hilarious (SHARK) and pretty bursty in my opinion once you get say, doran's ring + sorc shoes + lich bane + deathcap (probably death cap before lich bane?).

However, I would say he is hard to fit into the metagame, and though he CAN work mid lane, you may get destroyed by certain ranged champions. And, pretty much everyone who goes mid is ranged.

Fizz is definitely fun. If you're up against an AP mid as him, you have to be very aggressive and put out a lot of damage, intimidating them to fall back. Karthus, for example. Just be careful because he has burst, but little sustained damage, so you have to hit and run, hit and run.

I haven't played him much for a while, but I don't think there's much you can do against AD ranged mids.. unless you have a great jungler that ganks frequently.

I like him in bot if you have someone who can support you, usually a ranged damage champ. If you have another melee, you get pushed back and harassed very easily.

Vanillalite

Morello's would probably help your early game more than a Deathcap. You should consider building it first.

I would love to see him get changed up some. The thing that bugs me most about him is his heal. It doesn't fit his style at all (which is to be highly mobile as a champion). In general, he is just a very passive champion when it comes to ability use.

His heal is hella lame because it doesn't heal for that much, and I don't think it scales that well into mid and late game. People do to much damage that late game you can heal up using your W, and that might make you last a second longer. Plus the heal can be interrupted. Love to see them make the heal uninterruptable, and then have it scale a little bit better late game.

Can't make it heal to much at the start or it could be OP early game.

Jenga

Banned
dear riot:

just in case you guys forgot, wukong is still OP

he has garens overbearing early game and unlike garen, has a powerful mid/lategame

Vanillalite

dear riot:

just in case you guys forgot, wukong is still OP

he has garens overbearing early game and unlike garen, has a powerful mid/lategame

In terms of AD... I think he's the strongest AD melee character in the game still...

dimb

I don't really find Wukong to be that strong right now. If anything he's sort of a weak laner who can still be easily countered. He's no Gangplank or Rumble, and an anti-AD top like Jax will just destroy him.

Jenga

Banned
I don't really find Wukong to be that strong right now. If anything he's sort of a weak laner who can still be easily countered. He's no Gangplank or Rumble, and an anti-AD top like Jax will just destroy him.
as someone who's played jax against wukong several times today, that is complete fucking bullshit

wukong shits on jax for free up until lvl 7

Vanillalite

He's still better than rebuffed Jax. As for someone like Gangplank well Gang's ranged and not melee so it's slightly different. I won't disagree though to a degree. Biggest thing though is I think the current game setup and meta just isn't friendly to melee especially in early game in lane.

dimb

as someone who's played jax against wukong several times today, that is complete fucking bullshit

wukong shits on jax for free up until lvl 7
Maybe you're just bad. Jax is great against other AD melee champs top right now. His Counter-Strike makes trades very favorable, and he can trade and farm well. Jax's issue is that he's terrible against AP type champions more than ever now.

Blizzard

Banned
We could get rid of heals, and maybe require people not to recall. Also to keep things simpler we could stick with the middle lane.

To top it off, we could make a mode that forces everyone to choose a random champion, since otherwise things can be unbalanced. :p

Jenga

Banned
Maybe you're just bad. Jax is great against other AD melee champs top right now. His Counter-Strike makes trades very favorable, and he can trade and farm well. Jax's issue is that he's terrible against AP type champions more than ever now.
His dodge/stun has a 17 second CD and Jax has to sit around with a finger up his fucking ass waiting for it come back and it's also pretty easy to dodge because he can't cancel it as soon as he casts it. Thus, you see the bubble = move back and get out of leap range and then continue to passive farm. Jax only counters AD melee champs top when they let him get to lvl 6 and get strong enough to 1v1.

maybe you should play against people who aren't bloody retards and know how to fight jax

dimb

His dodge/stun has a 17 second CD and Jax has to sit around with a finger up his fucking ass waiting for it come back and it's also pretty easy to dodge because he can't cancel it as soon as he casts it. Thus, you see the bubble = move back and get out of leap range and then continue to passive farm. Jax only counters AD melee champs top when they let him get to lvl 6 and get strong enough to 1v1.

maybe you should play against people who aren't bloody retards and know how to fight jax
I don't get what you're talking about. Who would cast Counter-Strike before leaping in? You are getting two free seconds of free damage on people followed by the stun for an extra second. You can practically leap out to avoid damage if you have to with the way the timers work. Against a champion like Wukong who relies heavily on an on-hit attack that you can dodge you can really work people over as Jax. Wukong also doesn't have enough mana to consistently harass in a way that can push Jax out of the wave and prevent him from building his attack speed buff up on minions.

Hitting level six isn't even that beneficial to Jax. It obviously helps but it doesn't suddenly turn him into some god character. And how would someone prevent him from hitting level six? You shouldn't even be playing top lane if you can't farm under your tower.

Jenga

Banned
I don't get what you're talking about. Who would cast Counter-Strike before leaping in? You are getting two free seconds of free damage on people followed by the stun for an extra second.
Nobody stands there and hits you for two seconds.

You can practically leap out to avoid damage if you have to with the way the timers work.
Nice chunk of mana wasted if they're smart enough to simply not fight you when you put up stun. Again, people who don't suck at this damn game will not stand there AAing you while you have the bubble up (or not backing off so they won't get stunned)

Against a champion like Wukong who relies heavily on an on-hit attack that you can dodge you can really work people over as Jax. Wukong also doesn't have enough mana to consistently harass in a way that can push Jax out of the wave and prevent him from building his attack speed buff up on minions.
Wukong has MORE than enough mana to kick the fuck out of Jax if he wants to kill minions anywhere outside of tower...or even at tower. It's simply DO NOT ENGAGE.

also wukong Q (40 mana)
jax E (65 mana)

wukong has about 50 less mana but a tiny bit of more mana regen

Hitting level six isn't even that beneficial to Jax.
lol

And how would someone prevent him from hitting level six? You shouldn't even be playing top lane if you can't farm under your tower.

By killing him and getting higher level. It's not hard whatsoever. I guess you're stuck in the mindset of "never fight just farm tower" Yeah, I can do that. Anybody can do that. But that gameplan dies when they're smart enough to bring potion and constantly trade with you when you want to last hit.

Renekton works over Jax like a prison inmate.
Garen is Garen.
Wukong is Garen only replace silence with an armor shredding Q that leaves you crying if you didn't take cloth armor.

Yes, I've beaten people who've played these characters as Jax before. Why? Because they goddamn sucked. People who are actually good at these characters will rock Jax's world. I do kick the shit out of anyone who plays any other character, but when they go AP top I just jungle.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Wukong is easier to play but Rumble is more fun.

Unless you have fun right clicking stuff and winning, then Wukong is the better choice.

Ever since they nerfed Deadliness to hell. I'm thinking of running 4 crit marks to get the same effect on my AD carry page. Good idea? Bad idea? Using 9 armor pen marks atm.

bjaelke

Now they're letting their fans pick their champions for them... Wonder how that'll go.

Mundo, Eve, Teemo, AP Soraka and Karma.

Ark

What's the general consensus on Shyvana for top lane and/or jungling? Tempted to buy her with my left over RP since she's on sale until tomorrow.

Somax

That game was awesome, after the ace when the opponents had the second baron I feared they could win with such an horrible mess of a troll team... A pity they did not.

So... it sounds like I'd fit into Wukong's style better since I play Garen, but Rumble is superior in team fights but harder to play?

I mean, how does one play Rumble anyway?

Blizzard

Banned
So... it sounds like I'd fit into Wukong's style better since I play Garen, but Rumble is superior in team fights but harder to play?

I think Rumble has a mechanic where he does more damage the more often he combos/attacks, something like that.

Hauk

Neo Member

Speaking from my personal experiences (from the free weeks) that I've played Rumble he seemed a all-round spammy hero, but due to Overheat mechanism you gotta be a bit more careful. His spells are, to me, really boring and as a champion he wasn't for me at all. Mainly due to spamminess and weird/cookie cutter spells like Electro-harpoon and random shield.

But if you feel like running into midst of chaos and spamming buttons he certainly fills that role. I guess you should build him tanky anyway. Bland, is my verdict.

E: in-game name is Feldir by the way, gonna join the Gaf room when I get around. Invites welcomed. American servers.

Boken

Banned
Rumble's Q damage is hard to maximise and his ult is incredibly fight changing but can easily be placed in the wrong place (I dont mean mechanically, I mean you chose to put it in the wrong location). You also need to think about when you overheat yourself since it silences you for a long time but gives you a huge damage buff.

Hence, hard to play.

Jenga

Banned

take garen

right

you still followin

and then give him great ad scaling and an ult that disrupts the entire enemy team

Hero

I hate Wukong. I don't understand how he can have such good AD, burst, poking, great ultimate and that fucking get out of jail free clone move.

Sounds like Wukong it is.

On a random note, I'm trying out this build in Dominion with Xin Zhao. Feels viable:

Boots ->
Ionian Spark
Zeke's Herald
Sanguine Blade
Frozen Mallet
---
Lightbringer or any AS item

Gives him survivability, sustain, and damage. I usually sell Herald for something else at the end of it.

XeroSauce

Sounds like Wukong it is.

On a random note, I'm trying out this build in Dominion with Xin Zhao. Feels viable:

Boots ->
Ionian Spark
Zeke's Herald
Sanguine Blade
Frozen Mallet
---
Lightbringer or any AS item

Gives him survivability, sustain, and damage. I usually sell Herald for something else at the end of it.

YOU MUST BE SWIFT AS A COURSING RIVER

Wukong got buffed a month or two ago? He's been really strong ever since.

Feeding him doesnt help, but a early shut down Wukong's only use is a great disruption ultimate. After that he cant do a thing.

But give him a kill for a longsword or two and he snowballs hard.

Did Wukong get buffed recently? I always thought he was strong, but not OP strong.

If some other strong champs get nerfs like Skarner, GP, and Kennen, who can all easily top lane, he could very likely switch into the OP/auto ban category. There was a bit there where I was certain he was going to become flavor of the month, but it turned out to be Skarner instead. He is still really strong and viable. He needs to have a strong early game though to fully carry into late game. His ult is some nice cc, and his other abilities all have good uses, and he has a bit of versatility in roles. So he definitely is just a step away from OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom