• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
On that note I'm trying to learn Veigar mid. I feel like I suck though.

I find his range is really short, and his q is weak at first. W is good on minions, but I got get a tad closer to farm minions with it. Then I'm in range of the other mid. I feel like I sort of have to play really defensive and just wait for level 6 and his ulty.

His E stun solo seems lame because even if I stun then I still have to move in close to actually get some damage off. Plus at low levels it's not long enough stun wise to get a w off on the opponent.

What am I doing wrong GAF?

Also build order suggestions? Should I rush tear for mana or take a ring first? Mobafire seems to have builds that very quit a bit so that hasn't helped.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't play Veigar a lot, but don't use his AOE to farm (until mid/lategame) and don't push your lane. Just Q farm and if an opportunity presents itself for a kill take it. Moving in close shouldn't really be an issue. If you're going in then you should be picking up a kill. If they come in close punish them or push them away in a trade.

Veigar is one of the few casters who shouldn't be stacking rings early game. Build Tear first, then Kage, then Deathfire Grasp. Then prioritize Rabadon's.

Farm Baleful Strike, look for kill opportunities in your lane and other lanes. Open with your stun and land your combo. That's pretty much all there is to Veigar. He's not too strong early game but he doesn't have to be because your priority should be on farming. He's only get against certain other champions, so only pick him if you know what you're up against.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sorry about the post earlier. I read Garen or Wukong. Not Rumble. Rumble is good but in teamfights, Wukong is stronger. Rumble is going to be innately better solo top because he's an excellent farmer and great pusher. Also, while Wukong can initiate well, Rumble is a counter-initater/Follow-up Ultimate so... it's somewhat situational. Both have it's strengths but I feel like Wukong is a better pick overall.

Vanillalite

I don't play Veigar a lot, but don't use his AOE to farm (until mid/lategame) and don't push your lane. Just Q farm and if an opportunity presents itself for a kill take it. Moving in close shouldn't really be an issue. If you're going in then you should be picking up a kill. If they come in close punish them or push them away in a trade.

Veigar is one of the few casters who shouldn't be stacking rings early game. Build Tear first, then Kage, then Deathfire Grasp. Then prioritize Rabadon's.

Farm Baleful Strike, look for kill opportunities in your lane and other lanes. Open with your stun and land your combo. That's pretty much all there is to Veigar. He's not too strong early game but he doesn't have to be because your priority should be on farming. He's only get against certain other champions, so only pick him if you know what you're up against.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try and keep this all in mind!

Swig_

I want another jungler. Do I buy Skarner or Udyr + another 3150 champ?

I've never played skarner, but he seems quite strong if you get good at ganking with him. His ult is deadly. I would imagine if you took flash and ulted, it would be a nearly guaranteed kill in most circumstances.

I jungle Udyr all the time. He's quite fun. You can use different play styles as well. Phoenix is a nice, safe jungle that can easily counter-jungle. Tiger Udyr isn't quite as safe or fast, but can be very effective at ganks early game and a monster late game with the right items. Very tanky and good damage. Phoenix is tanky as well, but not quite as deadly.

Blizzard

Banned
I made the mistake of finally trying AP items on Ziggs. I had two really horrible games, one of which I was the only one with a positive ratio, and the other of which I was like 1/2 but we did badly everywhere.

I think Ziggs is a terrible champion mid because of the silences and stuns on other good mid champions. For example:

Xerath can nuke from across the screen, and stun at range.
Annie can stun and nuke if in range.
Malzahar can silence and nuke.
Kassadin can teleport, silence, and nuke.
Sion can stun and explode.

Against any of these, the most Ziggs can do is slow them (if they're bad and walk through the mines), or burn heavy mana to MAYBE knock them a foot to one side with the satchel. The most you can hope to do for damage is try to get in autoattack range without getting stun-nuked from enemies with the same range, or hit with the bouncing bomb (at 100+ mana per shot) and hope they can't shrug the damage off.

Slouisk

Neo Member
Hey guys.... Some of you guys might know me from playing games with chronos and I. I finally got a neogaf acc after like 2 years of playing with some of you. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi, my summoner is slouisk, feel free to add me

Hey guys.... Some of you guys might know me from playing games with chronos and I. I finally got a neogaf acc after like 2 years of playing with some of you. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi, my summoner is slouisk, feel free to add me

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet

ElectraStar

Damn... It's February and all of your beautiful faces are gone!

(Except for you Southern, but I already knew you were beautiful)

I miss January D:

Mxrz

Been trying to jungle more, now with Rammus. I keep running into the same issue. Around level 10, I start lagging behind in xp/gold. Teams start taking the jungle mobs for themselves, and since its disorganized solo, getting a full team fight is kind of rare. I've ended up 2-3 levels down more than once.

Fugu

I've been playing for a month or so and the only champion I own is Ashe. I'm getting pretty decent with her (I'm 9-1 in my last ten games and I only solo queue) and I'm thinking I'm going to buy another champion, preferably one with a completely different playstyle. How is Leona? I like what I've read of her so far.

dimb

I've been playing for a month or so and the only champion I own is Ashe. I'm getting pretty decent with her (I'm 9-1 in my last ten games and I only solo queue) and I'm thinking I'm going to buy another champion, preferably one with a completely different playstyle. How is Leona? I like what I've read of her so far.
She's okay, but like any character with no damage output you are going to be hyper reliant on your team to get things done.

If you don't own many champions I would recommend filling out your roster with the lower IP champions.

Fugu

I'm not really interested in another carry, though. When I hit 30 I'll buy a bunch of the low IP champions so that I can play ranked and stuff but I'm not the type of person who likes to play a lot of different characters. I'm most interested in a tank because I'm sick of queuing up and our team composition being so horrible because everyone wants to play a carry.

dimb

If you want to play a tank I would recommend one with a higher DPS output that can have more of an impact on the game like Cho’Gath or Maokai.

JesseZao

I'm not really interested in another carry, though. When I hit 30 I'll buy a bunch of the low IP champions so that I can play ranked and stuff but I'm not the type of person who likes to play a lot of different characters. I'm most interested in a tank because I'm sick of queuing up and our team composition being so horrible because everyone wants to play a carry.
Jarvan IV is a fun tank/dps. Rammus , ChoGath, and Amumu are cheap ip tanks. Also, get tristiana and alistar free from facebook and youtube like/subscribe if you haven't already.

Feature

Banned
I've been playing a lot of custom games, All mid all random. It's hella fun , especially when you need a break from the usual 5v5 games.

Ofcourse sometimes you have the occasional ahole that goes jungling or runs towards a lane.

Inskipp

I've been playing a lot of custom games, All mid all random. It's hella fun , especially when you need a break from the usual 5v5 games.

Ofcourse sometimes you have the occasional ahole that goes jungling or runs towards a lane.
You could always keep a look out on whenever Riot- staff is holding ARAM's, those tend to have well-mannered folk all the time. They often post on the forums/twitter whenever they host a public ARAM. I recently played a few ARAM's hosted by Guinsoo, and those were pretty awesome.

bjaelke

Someone in this thread said that he ran flash/teleport on solo top Shyvana and would start off by stealing wraiths and red buff from the enemy jungle. I did this earlier today and got reported for it. "Jungle creeps belong to the jungler"
KuGsj.gif

bjaelke

No. You can be reported for being a pain in the arse and ruining the gameplay experience, but it takes more than a few jungle creeps to earn you a punishment.
lolz
When I see your name in the Tribunal, I'll hit punish for all the times I had my buffs stolen.

Be sure to check out my awesome Nunu jungle while you're at it:

kaPBv.jpg

Vanillalite

Been trying to jungle more, now with Rammus. I keep running into the same issue. Around level 10, I start lagging behind in xp/gold. Teams start taking the jungle mobs for themselves, and since its disorganized solo, getting a full team fight is kind of rare. I've ended up 2-3 levels down more than once.

Honestly that seems more of a cluster team wise and less the fact that your jungling in screwed. Just try and ping and herd the team into a group on you so you can try and tank. By level 10 you should have enough armor that you can start to try and tank in team fights and tank towers in necessary.

Also if need be try and take a GP5 item to help out money wise.

y2dvd

Jarvan IV is a fun tank/dps. Rammus , ChoGath, and Amumu are cheap ip tanks. Also, get tristiana and alistar free from facebook and youtube like/subscribe if you haven't already.

Rammus is probably the best pure tank you could learn. I hate that fella. Fugu, at the same time, if you're going to pick up Rammus, you will have to learn how to jungle.

Hauk

Neo Member
Anyone tried Satchel-Turret pwning with Ziggs in a way that you throw the satchel behind the enemy that's attacking your tower and then blow it so he has to stay in turret range longer? Kinda like Blitzcrank juking with the hookshot->knock up and what not. Maybe minefielding his escape route too. Just wondering if it works, haven't tried Ziggs.

Pondering over my next champ purchase, but Ziggs might not be the first choice.

Blizzard

Banned
EDIT: Also, (actual LoL speak), Ziggs seems kinda eh. I have to see him fed before having an opinion.
Even if you get fed (which would require stealing assists in side lanes, or having a terrible mid lane person?), your ult will do like...1000 damage mid-to-late game. Even with sorc shoes and void staff, 1000 damage is not much given enemies stacking health and magic resist, and it's surprisingly hard to hit enemy champions with it. If you drop it on say, Poppy, and she's close to you (say a river's width distance away), even if the middle is dropped on her she can run past the edge of the bomb before it lands. Or at least, that's what apparently happened yesterday when I was playing Ziggs and Poppy was running.

It makes it even more hard to hit when you consider that its angle/flight time varies depending on how far away you are, so you can't just try to time it like Pantheon's ult.

Lastly, as I mentioned earlier, Ziggs has no silence or stun, and you will be LUCKY if you can get decent damage by dropping the minefield into enemy champions in a teamfight without getting murdered by them. The satchel has a huge cooldown and you would be even luckier to do much enemy damage with that.

As a result you're left with a potential minefield slow, a low-cooldown Q that takes practice to aim (you can launch it in a straight line at someone and miss, unlike the vast majority of skillshot Q's?), and super high mana costs if you try to use low-cooldown Q often. Oh and your 90-second cooldown ult that's great for teamfights but doesn't have lockdown power like Malzahar or Annie, and your passive which makes your autoattack more powerful...though getting in autoattack range with mages tends to be bad news. =P

Anyone tried Satchel-Turret pwning with Ziggs in a way that you throw the satchel behind the enemy that's attacking your tower and then blow it so he has to stay in turret range longer? Kinda like Blitzcrank juking with the hookshot->knock up and what not. Maybe minefielding his escape route too. Just wondering if it works, haven't tried Ziggs.

Pondering over my next champ purchase, but Ziggs might not be the first choice.
The satchel knock distance is very small as far as I'm aware. You CAN jump over walls into Baron with it, but it's hard to even do that since it has to be placed in just the right spot. Maybe if you hit it just right and an enemy is obligingly in the right spot, you could knock them the same distance that it takes to jump into Baron.

My experience has been that if you use satchels and minefields to try to block people's escape, they will instead cruise forwards and nuke you (since you now have no escape besides flash, and no ability besides Q, lol).

He's pretty fun and silly, but definitely wait until the free week to see if you want to buy him.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I think Ziggs will get nerfed in a week or two.

Bought Skarner - love him. Glad I didn't go with Udyr for now. Skarner's E seems kind of pointless while jungling, am I supposed to be using it at all?

Blizzard

Banned
I think Ziggs will get nerfed in a week or two.
Maybe I'm biased because I've been playing him, but if he is actually nerfed I strongly feel he will be practically useless, even less common than Orianna. The only thing truly strong is his ult, with the comparable damage to Tibbers or Gragas (or Xerath triple combo?)...but without the CC of any of those. I believe someone mentioned that his combined AP ratios if he hit everything in a combo are what, 2.5 to 3.0 (worse than Orianna)? That, plus he should get murdered by CC and silence unless he has blue and the skill to hit long-range bouncing Q's often enough without the enemy absorbing or healing them off.

If someone has magical tips to become OP Ziggs I welcome them, but otherwise I wait to be proven wrong. :p

ElectraStar

Maybe I'm biased because I've been playing him, but if he is actually nerfed I strongly feel he will be practically useless, even less common than Orianna. The only thing truly strong is his ult, with the comparable damage to Tibbers or Gragas (or Xerath triple combo?)...but without the CC of any of those. I believe someone mentioned that his combined AP ratios if he hit everything in a combo are what, 2.5 to 3.0 (worse than Orianna)? That, plus he should get murdered by CC and silence unless he has blue and the skill to hit long-range bouncing Q's often enough without the enemy absorbing or healing them off.

If someone has magical tips to become OP Ziggs I welcome them, but otherwise I wait to be proven wrong. :p

Orianna too stronk

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Maybe I'm biased because I've been playing him, but if he is actually nerfed I strongly feel he will be practically useless, even less common than Orianna. The only thing truly strong is his ult, with the comparable damage to Tibbers or Gragas (or Xerath triple combo?)...but without the CC of any of those.

His ult doesn't really need CC when he can hit it from 5000 units away : /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom