• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Orianna too stronk
XD Have you tried her since the patches and whatnot? She might be okay now.

His ult doesn't really need CC when he can hit it from 5000 units away : /

Let's compare with Karthus. If both champions have 500 AP and use their ults as soon as they come off cooldown at level 18 (3 times for Karthus, 4 times for Ziggs, ignoring whether either of them have CDR), Ziggs will do 2850 total damage to people in the outside circle of the ult, and Karthus will do an essentially guaranteed 2550 total damage to everyone on the map. Ziggs will do even more damage if he hits people with the inner circle of the ult, but I suspect Karthus will in general do more total damage since he can't miss and will hit the entire team, plus he can initiate fights, killing him does no good unless everyone leaves the vicinity, killing him can't stop his ult, he can deal damage while using the hourglass, and he has a large wall slow (larger than the Ziggs minefield) that can shred magic resist and armor.

Factor into that what I mentioned about the travel time and flight angle angle being varied (I don't know if the bomb icon shows up on the enemy minimap, by the way), and that anyone who's not hard CC'd SHOULD be able to walk out of the inner circle of Ziggs' ult at minimum. Hitting enemies with the inner circle at max range would be almost akin to hitting Ashe's arrow across the map in my opinion. If you use other strong champions to produce ult combos, like Jarvan's trap or Amumu's ult or Galio's taunt, then sure you can hit it, but you could already do AOE ult combos with other champions. Maybe Ziggs would be best in an AOE CC ult combo team.

bjaelke

I hate those games where one lane completely dominates the other and it essentially decides the game. Yi vs Gragas should never be a problem (even at the lower levels), but this YI seriously snowballed and became an unstoppable force. It doesn't make it any better that Gragas would start each fight by using ignite and thus give YI full healing during his meditation. I ended up getting a bit frustrated at the end. Was 9/2 on Mundo (!) and then the game collapsed...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Bought Skarner - love him. Glad I didn't go with Udyr for now. Skarner's E seems kind of pointless while jungling, am I supposed to be using it at all?
Use it as long as you have mana to spare (usually with blue buff or later game). You get a small heal for hitting every target you've marked with Fracture, and if you kill mobs with it that'll proc the heal too.

EXGN

Bought Skarner - love him. Glad I didn't go with Udyr for now. Skarner's E seems kind of pointless while jungling, am I supposed to be using it at all?

No, it costs way too much mana. I could see snagging it before the Q nerfs to get a bit more life back but not now. Only use it in fights to maximize your damage, otherwise you'll run out of mana quick. I don't even pick it up until level 11.

Boken

Banned
Trollstar too stronk

image.php

RE:Skarner - don't even level his E while jungling

yes
well
you look like you want to sell me insurance
and i dont want any!

You need it, Uchip. What'll happen if something happens to you? Consider the consequences.

P.S. After an epic first showing as Wukong, I got overconfident and fucked up the next two games. Sorry fellas.

dimb

RE:Skarner - don't even level his E while jungling
I think one point is worth it. The extra range on it can pick up kills sometimes. I think it's a good investment at level two for early farm with blue too.

XeroSauce

Maxing Raise Morale, like Nunu with blood boil....Except GP's buff is nowhere near as good now.

GAF I'm thinking about Olaf for a solo top, what say ye on him. I've tried a few bot matches and did well but how is he PvP, any heavy counters?

That sounds awful.

Olaf does real good solo top. People underestimate his damage, myself included.
Counters: Akali, Kennen, probably Yorick, anything ranged that won't constantly take true damage. Maybe Renekton?

dimb

Like, how do they do it? It used to be passable when Raise Morale was actually good. He could ult and E and provide his slow. Now he's pretty worthless as a support because they nerfed his slow and E.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I hate those games where one lane completely dominates the other and it essentially decides the game. Yi vs Gragas should never be a problem (even at the lower levels), but this YI seriously snowballed and became an unstoppable force. It doesn't make it any better that Gragas would start each fight by using ignite and thus give YI full healing during his meditation. I ended up getting a bit frustrated at the end. Was 9/2 on Mundo (!) and then the game collapsed...

Holy snap! AP Master Yi Domination? Dat build! It looks like a trollolol build. Then you look @ his k/d/a ratio. W0W!

KJTB

got 6300 ip finally and excitedly buy ziggs...

3 fuckin troll games in a row. Sigh. One game we had 3 junglers, the other we had an afk and a feeder, and one we had ad malz

T_T

Yo me and star gonna hit up the NYC-Gaf meeting on the 18th at 8 o clock. Anyone else from the NYC area wanna come lemme know so we can work a meeting before we actually get there and ride in lolgaf style.

KJTB

3 fuckin troll games in a row. Sigh. One game we had 3 junglers, the other we had an afk and a feeder, and one we had ad malz

T_T

XeroSauce

T_T

Every game I've played had a Ziggs in it. I'm surprised you got to play him at all.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I still think Ziggs is not that great. He just has strong stats/scaling for his passive and his Q. Everything else is meh.

Inskipp

I still think Ziggs is not that great. He just has strong stats/scaling for his passive and his Q. Everything else is meh.
How is everything else meh? His mines can deal 1000+ damage (not exaggerating) to a single target, his W is a multi-purpose disrupt/escape tool (perfect for essentially separating yourself from closing melee opponents), and his ult is an 0.9 ratio, 750- unit wide AoE nuke. (for reference, Amumu ult is 600 units wide)

Oh and it has a casting range of 5300.

What exactly of the above is 'meh'?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Damn, Southern/flare. I was watching yall play over my roommate's shoulder. Yall got screwed with that vayne.

Ketch

So I'm downloading the client and I'm going to give this another shot. Last time I tried to learn how to play I think I picked the wrong kind of champion. I just remember spending most of time running away and then dying.

Inskipp

So I'm downloading the client and I'm going to give this another shot. Last time I tried to learn how to play I think I picked the wrong kind of champion. I just remember spending most of time running away and then dying.
What kind of gameplay- style do you enjoy? We can perhaps assist you on picking something that would suit your description.

Volimar

I suggest the tutorials. Try each of the champs provided to give you a good feel for what kind of champ you are most comfortable with.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Everyone is like that at 1st. I know everyone thinks they are nubbish now, but the AI bots are a good way to start if you've never played the genre. Don't even really bother to PVP until you understand the game in general. Just roll custom games verses the AI and then que for CO-OP verses AI at the beginner level.

When you've never played the genre sadly you're just going to die a lot. I'd imagine we all did if we think back on things.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Played some Dom for the first time in a while. In one game, Trynd goes bot, loses to Pantheon. Okay, that's understandable, but then he kept dying, so I take a look at his items:

Zerkers, Scepter, Scepter, Scepter, Zeal

When I asked him why no damage he said "this is how you do Tryn bot".

:|

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Theres some good free champions for new people this week. Give Annie, Teemo or Sona a shot

Blizzard

Banned
How is everything else meh? His mines can deal 1000+ damage (not exaggerating) to a single target, his W is a multi-purpose disrupt/escape tool (perfect for essentially separating yourself from closing melee opponents), and his ult is an 0.9 ratio, 750- unit wide AoE nuke. (for reference, Amumu ult is 600 units wide)

Oh and it has a casting range of 5300.

What exactly of the above is 'meh'?
I commented on this in detail on the previous page:

Blizzard said:
EDIT: Also, (actual LoL speak), Ziggs seems kinda eh. I have to see him fed before having an opinion.
Even if you get fed (which would require stealing assists in side lanes, or having a terrible mid lane person?), your ult will do like...1000 damage mid-to-late game. Even with sorc shoes and void staff, 1000 damage is not much given enemies stacking health and magic resist, and it's surprisingly hard to hit enemy champions with it. If you drop it on say, Poppy, and she's close to you (say a river's width distance away), even if the middle is dropped on her she can run past the edge of the bomb before it lands. Or at least, that's what apparently happened yesterday when I was playing Ziggs and Poppy was running.

It makes it even more hard to hit when you consider that its angle/flight time varies depending on how far away you are, so you can't just try to time it like Pantheon's ult.

Lastly, as I mentioned earlier, Ziggs has no silence or stun, and you will be LUCKY if you can get decent damage by dropping the minefield into enemy champions in a teamfight without getting murdered by them. The satchel has a huge cooldown and you would be even luckier to do much enemy damage with that.

As a result you're left with a potential minefield slow, a low-cooldown Q that takes practice to aim (you can launch it in a straight line at someone and miss, unlike the vast majority of skillshot Q's?), and super high mana costs if you try to use low-cooldown Q often. Oh and your 90-second cooldown ult that's great for teamfights but doesn't have lockdown power like Malzahar or Annie, and your passive which makes your autoattack more powerful...though getting in autoattack range with mages tends to be bad news. =P

Anyone tried Satchel-Turret pwning with Ziggs in a way that you throw the satchel behind the enemy that's attacking your tower and then blow it so he has to stay in turret range longer? Kinda like Blitzcrank juking with the hookshot->knock up and what not. Maybe minefielding his escape route too. Just wondering if it works, haven't tried Ziggs.

Pondering over my next champ purchase, but Ziggs might not be the first choice.
The satchel knock distance is very small as far as I'm aware. You CAN jump over walls into Baron with it, but it's hard to even do that since it has to be placed in just the right spot. Maybe if you hit it just right and an enemy is obligingly in the right spot, you could knock them the same distance that it takes to jump into Baron.

My experience has been that if you use satchels and minefields to try to block people's escape, they will instead cruise forwards and nuke you (since you now have no escape besides flash, and no ability besides Q, lol).

He's pretty fun and silly, but definitely wait until the free week to see if you want to buy him.

Blizzard said:
I think Ziggs will get nerfed in a week or two.
Maybe I'm biased because I've been playing him, but if he is actually nerfed I strongly feel he will be practically useless, even less common than Orianna. The only thing truly strong is his ult, with the comparable damage to Tibbers or Gragas (or Xerath triple combo?)...but without the CC of any of those. I believe someone mentioned that his combined AP ratios if he hit everything in a combo are what, 2.5 to 3.0 (worse than Orianna)? That, plus he should get murdered by CC and silence unless he has blue and the skill to hit long-range bouncing Q's often enough without the enemy absorbing or healing them off.

If someone has magical tips to become OP Ziggs I welcome them, but otherwise I wait to be proven wrong. :p

Have you been playing him a lot? I've actually been leveling the minefield early and ignoring Riot's advice, and yes in THEORY it should be able to do a lot of damage, but that's if the enemy champion goes through it. If you don't land it precisely on top of an enemy, they're only going to be on top of maybe two mines on the outside, right? And your comment about the AP ratio and width of Ziggs' ult isn't really accurate since that's ONLY the middle part of the ult (with a radius of about 250 units). Lastly, the flight time and angle depends on how far away you are from the target, no? So if someone sees the icon (if that's possible) or sees the circle, they should at minimum be able to dodge the inner circle damage unless you're close and they're distracted by a teamfight.

The single biggest issue in my opinion is the lack of a stun or silence. Compared to his slow and knockaway, Kassadin, Xerath, Cass, Annie, Sion, Morgana, and Malzahar all have one or more silences/stuns if Ziggs wants to get in range to trade. I don't see any good options besides trying to poke (which means you'll need heavy heavy mana regen/blue), hope your lane isn't pushed too quickly for you to farm (unless you use abilities, which means you need mana regen/blue), and trying to zone (remember each minefield will also run you a nice 100 mana or so) so the enemy mid doesn't just stun and nuke you.

On another note, do the regular people still play? I don't see many of the old regulars like Kiunch and Electrastar playing much, and I just want a PVP win for a change. ;_;

Boken

Banned
Have you been playing him a lot? I've actually been leveling the minefield early and ignoring Riot's advice, and yes in THEORY it should be able to do a lot of damage, but that's if the enemy champion goes through it.
On another note, do the regular people still play? I don't see many of the old regulars like Kiunch and Electrastar playing much, and I just want a PVP win for a change. ;_;

Nooooooo I hope you don't mean you're maxing minefield first

Also, I still play : D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom