• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HE SAID ONE YO!
But I agreed about Ahri. She's hard to counter in mid right now.

Also, in case you guys didn't see it the first time,

J Rizzle and I are gonna tear it up with NYC-GAF on the 18th. So if you're in the area and want time away from the computer, join us!!

Yup it's gonna be a hootnanny. We need more lolgaf representatives tho.

XeroSauce

sonas problem is that she is just superior to all the other supports. Need poke? sona. Sustain? Sona. AOE CC? Sona.

Soraka promotes a passive game which is what riot DOESNT want.

Ahri is just really frustrating cause she has 3 dashes.

Alistar had hard CC and can be the team's tank, Taric has a guaranteed short range stun and a heal and an armor debuff. I feel like people just don't take advantage of that kind of stuff compared to "heal and poke".

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Also surprised that Sona is disliked. She IS a faceroll champion but if you remove her and Soraka, who else do you have that can support like they do?
Alistar. Taric. Champions who actually have more active roles. People use Sona and Soraka instead of these guys because Alistar and Taric can be screwed up. You can't screw up playing Sona outside of just being out of position. Or there are champions like Janna who are about prevention rather than covering up for poor play.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Ahri and graves just poke outside a team fight and do tons of damage. When you try to focus on them they just run away. Plus they are tankier in their class or just build tankier. Such huge pain in the anus

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't really agree that Graves has poke. His range is too short for that outside of his ultimate.

VALKYRAY

Banned
buckshot.

other runaway casters either dont scale well late game or fairly easy to kill: leblanc, kass

graves has an aoe slow plus block vision, he can poke safely at a closer range than other champs in his class

Fugu

Probably not a big deal to you folks who have played longer, but I've won ten games in a row now and I'm pretty happy about it.
PUC9h.png

EXGN

Jungle Mao too good! Second game with him (I think the enemy team helped me out a bit on this win tho, four with clarity...):

scaled.php

Slouisk

Neo Member
So I played a couple custom bot games with Alistar. I think I got a pretty good idea of how to play him and what items to get. I almost have enough IP for another cheap champion, but I'm not sure who to get with it.

I have the two free ones from the OP Alistar and Tristan or whatever her name is. I was thinking Ashe because she seems cool and easy to play, but if she fills the same roll as Trist then maybe I should go with something else...

Also, thanks to everyone in the chat who was giving me pro tips. I'm gonna probably start Coop vs bots tomorrow.

Tristana is a rather difficult ad champion to play. I would play ashe if you are trying to learn an ad carry. As somebody who mains ad carries, being able to last hit, position yourself properly, and kite are incredibly important skills to have.

Tristana plays very differently to most ad carries as she has a very good early laning phase. However in order to be successful in the lane with tristana you need to get 'in their face' and basically burst your opponent down. This is against what you normally do with ad carries. I would play Ashe as you have map awareness with your e, kiting with your w/q and initiation with your r. Shes a very good starter hero and, if played well, can be incredibly good.

Tristana is a rather difficult ad champion to play. I would play ashe if you are trying to learn an ad carry. As somebody who mains ad carries, being able to last hit, position yourself properly, and kite are incredibly important skills to have.

Tristana plays very differently to most ad carries as she has a very good early laning phase. However in order to be successful in the lane with tristana you need to get 'in their face' and basically burst your opponent down. This is against what you normally do with ad carries. I would play Ashe as you have map awareness with your e, kiting with your w/q and initiation with your r. Shes a very good starter hero and, if played well, can be incredibly good.

Though, Ashe is one of the few AD carries that has to be super careful about her positioning because she doesn't get two get out of jail free cards.

Fugu

Well, I ended up winning 14 in a row before losing. I'm pretty happy about that though.

My only experience with Ashe is playing her in the tutorials, but she is pretty fun... and super cheap...
Ashe is tonnes of fun. She's capable of having a ton of influence on any fight and she can harass really well. Really the key to playing her is just not getting frustrated.

KJTB

So I played a couple custom bot games with Alistar. I think I got a pretty good idea of how to play him and what items to get. I almost have enough IP for another cheap champion, but I'm not sure who to get with it.

I have the two free ones from the OP Alistar and Tristan or whatever her name is. I was thinking Ashe because she seems cool and easy to play, but if she fills the same roll as Trist then maybe I should go with something else...

Also, thanks to everyone in the chat who was giving me pro tips. I'm gonna probably start Coop vs bots tomorrow.

Ashe was my first main champ when I started playing. She's a really good starter pick. She teaches you the value of positioning and when to use your ultimate and stuff. I'd suggest buying annie or some other AP caster so you get a feel for the AP classes. If you want to try out the bruiser role (top solo for when people start jungling in your games) I'd suggest someone like Tryndamere. Soraka will be the easiest learning curve support champion if you decide you want to try out that role. Alistar is really good (my favorite support champ) but he's one of the trickier support champs to play imo. Early on people don't really play support and stuff so I guess you can just play him however you'd like but as you get higher level people will start to expect you to play support alistar.

I suggest trying to get into coop vs coop games as soon as you kinda figure out the general idea of the game. I waited pretty long until I got myself out of coop vs ai and I wish I had started playing real people sooner. The game is much different when you play against real people, there's a lot more to look out for. Though, I haven't tried out the new bots so iono mebbe they're up to par now but when I played against them they were reaaaally bad.

You're gonna suck at first and people will get mad at you for just about everything... but eventually you'll pick up on stuff and learn how to play better. Just ignore people who rage, it happens almost every game.

Go to http://solomid.net/guides (scroll down to the bottom for a full list of champs) for good guides on how to play every champion. I have over 470 wins and I still refer to guides sometimes when I play champs that I don't main or really play that much. Most of the guides on solomid are very helpful and detailed. Though take note of some of the "featured" guides on there, a lot of them are really outdated and are just up there because they were written by one of the solomid team members (I'm talking like over 200 days old pre buffs or nerfs and stuff)

I have a pretty good tip regarding your IP and runes. Basically, decide early on which champs you'd be interested in playing, buy them (or just play free week champions but if you do buy champs try not to buy anything pricier than 3150), and then SAVE. Don't spend your IP on T1 or T2 runes. Just wait out until you're lvl 20 or whenever it is you can buy T3. If you save from an early level and don't spend all your IP on champs you'll be able to fill like an entire rune page really quickly which trust me will be more beneficial to you than buying a champ and never playing it again. I made the mistake of spending all my IP on champs and then had to grind tons and tons of games with a disadvantage until I was able to fill up my pages.

GLHF! :)

52club

My starter champ was Rammus, his powerball gave me a way to get out of tough spots, but I kind of agree with Ashe. From experience I can tell you picking a tank with the role of initiating is one of the hardest skills to master.

Along with Ashe if you have a little to spend a little, and want to get something else other than an AD carry (which is what a lot of people want to go). I would suggest Voli. He has some CC, a spell that aides with escaping, and AOE ult (which doesn't require much skill). Then you add into it his passive (which basically will save you from death usually at least once a game) you have a pretty easy champion to play. I find initiating with him much easier than with rammus as well.

Feature

Banned
Second penta kill yesterday with Caitlyn. It was on an all mid all draft game but it was funny nonetheless. Her traps in all mid are super deadly. This in combination with blitz:
Pull over trap, get stunned , die in tower or because of my mega damage.

y2dvd

HE SAID ONE YO!
But I agreed about Ahri. She's hard to counter in mid right now.

Also, in case you guys didn't see it the first time,

J Rizzle and I are gonna tear it up with NYC-GAF on the 18th. So if you're in the area and want time away from the computer, join us!!

I haven't been to NYC and would love to visit sometime, plus I wish I could make it to one of those gatherings one day. :(

Very interesting answers. I'm still surprised Ahri gets hate because I feel like it's out of nowhere, but that's been discussed before.

Also surprised that Sona is disliked. She IS a faceroll champion but if you remove her and Soraka, who else do you have that can support like they do?

Sometimes, I wish Sona and Sorkara didn't exist. You'd see more off-support being played.

Second penta kill yesterday with Caitlyn. It was on an all mid all draft game but it was funny nonetheless. Her traps in all mid are super deadly. This in combination with blitz:
Pull over trap, get stunned , die in tower or because of my mega damage.

One day, I will get a pentakill. Came so close once but never had one. Saw my brother's team getting pentakilled this morning though lol.

So some of yall may know I've been having mic issues. I think it may have to do with my audiojack, so I want to try a usb headset. Any recommendations? Figure I'll be using it often so I might as well get a good one.

bjaelke

Transfered my main to west this morning. Apparently it stored my old match history on the server from back when EU only had one server:

Free Skarner week in our region. I'm so buying him. His Q feels like a smaller Rammus R.

1ry4T.png

Lol, just noticed I'm the only one who didn't carry Ignite + Flash.

IsayFever

In a few recent tourneys people have been switching lanes a lot. Maybe we're not far from going to that meta.

Lane swaps happen a lot to counter certain things or to gain an advantage in a 2v1 situation. that's older than dirt, but the dota meta has yet to rear its head

Blizzard

Banned
Will anyone be on to carry me tonight? I might have time for a game but it's gotta be a win of the day!

New champion who combines amumu's pull and blitz's pull, with heavy CC? Sounds legit. Clearly I need to find a way to put Fizz in the meta so we can have both champions on the same team.

Well, I ended up winning 14 in a row before losing. I'm pretty happy about that though.

Ashe is tonnes of fun. She's capable of having a ton of influence on any fight and she can harass really well. Really the key to playing her is just not getting frustrated.

I don't know who you're laning against, but low mana and poor harrass means Ashe needs a soraka/sona to lane with her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom