• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchip

Banned
Why? It's a completely boring boring item. Only thing that makes it interesting in dota it's the only way for some people to actually pull damage. Always thought it was a stupid mechanic.

it still does much more than your average LoL item though (depending on the hero)
rather than giving you AP, you could get a different effect to go with it
aghanims deathcap!

Blizzard

Banned
Last night I had an interesting game with randoms. I select my champion and I see that the rest of the players on my team all pick Smite. I thought I was getting trolled and we were going to get roflstomped. They were actually good players and because of the smite we were able to take Dragon out immediately whenever it came out before the enemy team could counter us. It also allowed us to do Baron at level 12 which is probably the lowest I've ever done it at with randoms.

Completely dominated the enemy team that game. Sivir + Yi on their team made me build a Randuin's and shut them down hard. So fun.
I tried that once because three randoms wanted to do it. I think there was one other GAF person with me. We might have gotten dragon at level 1 (possibly giving first blood because it was hard to do, and of course the other team knew what was going on), but the problem with doing that is then by the time you get to your lane, everyone is level 2-3 or more, you get no levels because everyone was at dragon, and so everyone is outleveled and outfarmed. Coordinating for smites after that point is even worse. I'm not sure we ever got baron before losing.

Volimar

Last night I had an interesting game with randoms. I select my champion and I see that the rest of the players on my team all pick Smite. I thought I was getting trolled and we were going to get roflstomped. They were actually good players and because of the smite we were able to take Dragon out immediately whenever it came out before the enemy team could counter us. It also allowed us to do Baron at level 12 which is probably the lowest I've ever done it at with randoms.

Completely dominated the enemy team that game. Sivir + Yi on their team made me build a Randuin's and shut them down hard. So fun.

smite_troll.jpg

While this is fun now and then, I think it's a waste of a spell slot to have smite just for this reason. That said, it's funny to see the other team rage when you steal their dragon with 2-3 people using smite.

Hero

I tried that once because three randoms wanted to do it. I think there was one other GAF person with me. We might have gotten dragon at level 1 (possibly giving first blood because it was hard to do, and of course the other team knew what was going on), but the problem with doing that is then by the time you get to your lane, everyone is level 2-3 or more, you get no levels because everyone was at dragon, and so everyone is outleveled and outfarmed. Coordinating for smites after that point is even worse. I'm not sure we ever got baron before losing.

Oh, maybe I didn't make it clear. We didn't do dragon at level 1. I think only our Amumu was legitimately jungling and everyone else was in lane. I was against Lux mid. What would happen is Amumu would go down and gank bottom and once that happened I would quickly go help them with dragon. Even if they knew that's what we were doing they couldn't really stop us. I think the first time we got dragon was at level 5 or 6.

While this is fun now and then, I think it's a waste of a spell slot to have smite just for this reason. That said, it's funny to see the other team rage when you steal their dragon with 2-3 people using smite.

Yeah, I'm sure 90% of the time this strategy probably fails hard. I think the 4 of them were grouped together because they only communicated with me minimally and pinged when we were doing dragon. Definitely a risky strategy but this time it paid off. Wouldn't really want to do it again though, haha.

Volimar

Aww crap. It seems that people that got the 450 RP for being nice last year aren't going to get the 450 RP for this. Poo.

Blizzard

Banned
Aww crap. It seems that people that got the 450 RP for being nice last year aren't going to get the 450 RP for this. Poo.
Of course not. They can't give anyone more than 484 RP for free because then you could start buying cool skins, if I recall correctly. :p

Volimar

Of course not. They can't give anyone more than 484 RP for free because then you could start buying cool skins, if I recall correctly. :p

I already bought Blast Zone Heimerdinger. If I had the money, I'd get a RP points card and get alien Heimerdinger. He's a personal favorite.

I don't play any MOBA but LoL. What does this item do?

Upgrades your ult in some way. It can reduce CD dramatically (think an ult every 5 seconds), increase damage, add an effect, increase range, ect. The effect depends on the champion.

Hi everyone :eek:
Long time lurker and now finally got my account approved! I have been playing LoL for about 6 months now. I pretty much play everyone role (except support zz). My favorite champs are Rumble, Lee Sin, Teemo, and Ahri. You can add me if you want (UncleBiz). First post ever, don't hurt me D:

Welcome! Do you have mumble and the neogaf chatroom added?

IsayFever

Hi everyone :eek:
Long time lurker and now finally got my account approved! I have been playing LoL for about 6 months now. I pretty much play everyone role (except support zz). My favorite champs are Rumble, Lee Sin, Teemo, and Ahri. You can add me if you want (UncleBiz). First post ever, don't hurt me D:

Welcome new friend

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So I'm going back to try and learn Noc again.

Is it better to just build him straight DPS or should I build him tanky dps since that seems to be the AD meta these days. Just stack atmogs.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Tanky dps is a bitch build for bitches.

So if you really want to win, build tank.

Svafnir

What's the learning curve on this game? I've never played a DOTA style game (Other than 1 game of Dota 2 beta when I was drunk at a friends house)

I was horrible at sc2 and it took me forever to move up the ladders. (Finally diamond now)

Anywho, yeah. Looking for a new RTS to play, is LoL pretty easy to learn?

Vanillalite

What's the learning curve on this game? I've never played a DOTA style game (Other than 1 game of Dota 2 beta when I was drunk at a friends house)

I was horrible at sc2 and it took me forever to move up the ladders. (Finally diamond now)

Anywho, yeah. Looking for a new RTS to play, is LoL pretty easy to learn?

Totally different game type and skills needed. While they come from a similar initial place they really aren't anything like each other.

That being said since LoL is F2P I'd say come and try it out.

PS: If you want another RTS to play that's slightly different from SCII I'd suggest Company of Heroes.

It's amazing that due to my join date I missed both this and the 450 RP that they gave away for not breaking the rules.

I don't get the details here, but I registered on NA around October and only bothered to level it past 1 around January. Am I screwed?

brian!

Morde ulting Headhunter Yi causes me, Bind, and Star to exit client. An unknown sinister face called BugSplat emerges. To be continued

?

Vanillalite

For some reason I always FEEL like I'm doing way better with Soraka. I'm healing better, keeping my team alive, topping off mana for people, and throwing out a silence or two when needed. Plus her global ulty is like guaranteed yummy healness.

I don't feel this way at ALL when I play Sona. I feel like I'm not healing for as much, I can't silence, have to wait for my ulty for CC, and I do crappy DPS.

Yet despite all of this whenever I play Sona I tend to always win. When I play Soraka I feel like it's a coin flip. I just feels all wrong to me.

Soraka's single target spells are powerful and multi-use, and her global ult is easy to use.

Sona, however, can turn teamfights with just her R. Selective use of Power Chord can quickly turn things around, too. Also, auras are more powerful than people give them credit for.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He's fun, zipping from kill to kill is the greatest feeling in the world.

Feature

Banned
Played some nocturn yesterday, still strong but the nerf on his ult was way to big. I'll try jungling with him tonight. His ult should be better for that.

Enjoying Graves a lot. He does so much damage in dominion. Not really sure how to play Blitz. Maokai isn't bad. Haven't even touch Swain yet.
Played a game of Summoner's Rift and top fed. It was gg. Back to dominion!

Boken

Banned
Enjoying Graves a lot. He does so much damage in dominion. Not really sure how to play Blitz. Maokai isn't bad. Haven't even touch Swain yet.
Played a game of Summoner's Rift and top fed. It was gg. Back to dominion!

Encounter something scary... run away from it!!

Encounter something scary... run away from it!!
Normally I would rage if I continuously keep losing in SR. Rather play something easy and fast. Amumu and Shyvana top was really bad. We had no jungler and they fed Teemo. Top lost. Shortly after mid was lost and so was bot. I wasn't paying attention to top, so I had no idea how Shyvana and Amumu died. Then after Shyvana rezz, she died to Teemo again. =/ Teemo got like 3 double kills. Yea, it was gg near the start of the game.

XeroSauce

First-time jungling ever, who is easy to use/pick-up and how do I start? i have 5k IP ready to spend on runes and champ etc.

EXGN

Normally I would rage if I continuously keep losing in SR. Rather play something easy and fast. Amumu and Shyvana top was really bad. We had no jungler and they fed Teemo. Top lost. Shortly after mid was lost and so was bot. I wasn't paying attention to top, so I had no idea how Shyvana and Amumu died. Then after Shyvana rezz, she died to Teemo again. =/ Teemo got like 3 double kills. Yea, it was gg near the start of the game.

This is "do as I say, not as I do advice," but remember that just because you start in lane doesn't mean your stuck there. If you see one lane beginning to feed, ask for a switch or gank the trouble lane (especially if you don't have a jungle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom