• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
How does GAF feel about Katrina? I think I'm saving up to get her next, because she has boobs and can assassinate people.
Really fun to play, but can be tricky without the right team comp. If you're at a lower level you can really mop up with her though.

JesseZao

So disregarding Runes and RP, I'd need to farm:

7,953 IP / Week

to unlock all current and future champions in a year. (Assuming 6300 champ every other week)

If you start out fresh, you'd need to farm:

11,213 IP / Week

I have no idea how much IP I usually earn a week, but 3-4k is probably about right. Of course,
I don't need every champ so I'm not trying to do this, but it's doable if you have a lot of time.

Edit: Just saw your post inskipp

XeroSauce

How does GAF feel about Katrina? I think I'm saving up to get her next, because she has boobs and can assassinate people.

Edit: Also, login ques? wtf...

Ult is shutdown quickly in teamfights. I see her as low elo pubstompy. She can also hard carry teams if they have good coordination.

Excellent harass with daggers and ganking other lanes is easy with her mobility, but she doesn't have much pushing power.

XeroSauce

Got back from my holiday and watching this nautilus art.

Probably will have a blitz hook and a bit of burst maybe?

Mix between Amumu and Blitz; if you grab the target, both you and the target are drawn to the middle. If you miss, you instead fly towards any terrain you may have hit including towers.

Wrekt

After all the Galio talk today, it's fitting that in my first draft game of the night, I got last pick against this team:

4AP.PNG

And yes I went Tele!

Are you still farming 6300 IP every week or two so you can buy new champions though? :O

Close to it. I just bought Wukong, and almost made the IP back. Is Rumble next? I dunno. I might get Ez and Kennen on sale, though.

I don't have IP for anything! Is it worth buying champions with RP when they are on sale? ARAGAHAG

Only if they are 6300 IP. Buy them with IP otherwise.

If you don't feel like playing for a day, you can play vs bots on dominion. Super fast way to get your first win of the day bonus and then go about your business.

Dominion is a great idea for WotD. I prefer playing against people, though...

IsayFever

LURKER I KNOW YOU ARE OUT THERE! YOUR MAOKAI TOO DANGEROUS! MY ORIANNA TOO SCARED OF BIG TREE COMING OUT OF JUNGLE. I COWER YOU KILL ME LVL 2. GGGGG ANYWAY WE WIN

Boken

Banned
Both statements are just flat wrong. If you aren't keeping pressure with Q, your CS sucks and your opponent is basically free farming. I rarely miss Q's and I'm still not zoning someone with 50% of a mana bar. If you are cool with a passive farm fest up top, that's cool but clarity tends to allow me to zone an opponent out of CS and Exp which is the whole point of the lane phase.

I'd still like to know how you figure teleport is a better team fight ability than nearly an entire mana bar to you and 50% of that to your entire team. I watched carries in the Kings of Europe tournament run OOM with enemy champs still alive. If they aren't good enough to run around with a full mana bar all the time and still get kills, then yeah I guess I'm trolling/bad and I should just uninstall.
I said other spells (ignite) are more useful in a fight than clarity. This was not galio specific. Clarity doesn't give you jack in an actual fight. If your lane opponent decides to fight you, they have an entire nuke of damage over you. Unless you've severely out picked them, youre behind. If you're cool with passive scared lane opponents who don't want to fight you then thats ok but ignite lets me fight my opponent and kill them. Clarity me in my face, IDC.

But now regarding Tele vs clarity on galio. True, tele isn't a team fight skill but it allows you to make soooo many plays that its easily more valuable to the team than giving your AD carry some mana. Tele gank bot, tele initiates, tele ganks also convert dragon. Too valuable.

Blizzard

Banned
Y4lcr.jpg

ihavenoideawhati'mdoing.jpg
Darn, I just uploaded that scoreboard and was going to post it. XD

That was probably the first time I've played Caitlyn in a couple of months at least. I did so horribly early, fed first blood, got ganked like 4 times by maokai, and lost both of our bottom towers at once (sona probably had to recall ahead of their push and I didn't feel like I could do enough damage against three of them killing the next turret). But then I stole some kills, Ahri kept the game alive, we all yelled at each other on the mic and had vaguely coordinated fights, and in the end I ended up with a bunch of gold. Thanks everyone. :)

Ketch

Also this game: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Just won my first match! yeye

heavy swings in this game they were all the way inside the inside of our base... like inside of it, then some how we pulled it out marched down mid killed 3 towers and there inhibitor in like 30 seconds

I had to message someone on the other team to make sure that they didn't all quit. He said no we just won legit... I didn't realize how strong the carry actually was. Like two shotting towers and what not.

Feature

Banned
LOL ahri voice. Start listening at around 0:35... wtf haha

also katarina is a beast imo. Especially laning fase and mid. Just stay back and play patiently and keep throwing those daggers. At some point the opponent will get lower and lower on health and then you jump in and ult = always works

when the other team has a lot of stuns / taunts, just stay a bit back in teamfights untill they've used all of those things and then jump in. Okay some of your teammates will die probably because you arent jumping in right away, but you'll finish the fight with a victory for your side.

Feature

Banned
I read this on the dota 2 website:
Is there reconnect support for DotA 2?

This was actually one of the very first things we added early on, before the game was stable, in order to help with testing. You’ll also be able to have a friend of similar skill level substitute for you in case you have to leave. Players that want to improve their reputation in the game and community will also be able to help out by joining ongoing games that are missing players.

what do you think of this guys? I would love to see that in LoL.

dimb

I read this on the dota 2 website:

what do you think of this guys? I would love to see that in LoL.
I would love to see that in Dota 2.

Realistically, leavers have ruined the game by the time a sub could come in. The absence of the player has already created a massive gold deficit and map control disadvantage. I'm not sure what it would really solve to have someone come in when the game has already swung into such an unfavorable position. In situations like that it's best for the game to end as soon as possible and for players to start a new game where a level playing field is available.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I would love to see that in Dota 2.

Realistically, leavers have ruined the game by the time a sub could come in. The absence of the player has already created a massive gold deficit and map control disadvantage. I'm not sure what it would really solve to have someone come in when the game has already swung into such an unfavorable position. In situations like that it's best for the game to end as soon as possible and for players to start a new game where a level playing field is available.

Dota is a lot better than LOL at winning in the long run when you're down. If the team is full of people who are uncoordinated and refuse to push better teams always win with farm and defense then a middle rush. I've won 2v5 and 3v5 when I use to play in the betas. The idea I could get a sub especially in those 4v5 when the 4 players are far better than the 5 is gonna make for interesting comebacks. They are rare but I don't see how anyone is against this when the alternative is basically an assured loss.

XeroSauce

where does one find such infos?

Was scattered on the LoL generals on /v/.

From what I remember:
Sona getting nerfed early game
GP getting nerfed (something to do with his ult, possibly not global anymore)
Leaked Nautilus 2 weeks ago and spilled the entire moveset except for the passive, which turned out to be true.

Stealth remake is not coming this patch
Karma changes are in the PTR but he wasn't sure if they are going to be pushed to the client this patch.

Inskipp

GP getting nerfed (something to do with his ult, possibly not global anymore)
Well that's a shame, I thoroughly enjoyed the global capability of this ulti (although it was weird that it was one of the few global damage skills left in the game)

Hopefully they'll buff the base damage/slow to compensate.

dimb

Again:
Rumoured
I don't know if I'm remembering it correctly because it was a few days ago

I also heard that WW is getting a nerf to laning and a buff to jungling.
This is like...what? Because Warwick is a super strong laner that everyone picks right now.

XeroSauce

Why would you be so stupid when you're working your dreamjob... jesus.

It's really sad, to be honest. Riot Guy was really cool.
This guy named Rotz or something was ultra-mad over his waifu Sona getting nerfed (his words, not mine) and basically stalked the guy and reported him to Riot.

It's funny in a kinda sad way. He basically just pissed off everyone just so he could "get back" at a guy who did nothing but give him a heads up on sona nerfs. I really don't understand his train of thought here. So now Riot is upset that they had a leak, Riot guy is upset because he has to leave a job he loved, we're upset because we lost a nice guy who was giving us lots of neat info, and Rohz is upset because his stupid waifu is getting nerfed. No one wins.

This is like...what? Because Warwick is a super strong laner that everyone picks right now.

Sorry, I know that's confusing, but it's not my words. :) I'm just passing what I remember.

Blizzard

Banned
Sona already got AP nerfed a while back, if I recall correctly. She already can't give mana like Soraka. Kind of an odd change to nerf her further, or maybe not?

Warwick is already super rare as far as I know. His jungling is super slow, but it's not like you ever see a decent warwick in lane. Kind of an odd change?

Gangplank still seems like a slow/iffy/damage-taking jungler with questionable ganks to me, and I don't seem to see many strong gangplanks anymore. Getting rid of the global ult, which already didn't do much damage (and was AP which gangplank won't be building) just seems kind of sad, and might make him even more unused.

Bleah all around. =/

Sona already got AP nerfed a while back, if I recall correctly. She already can't give mana like Soraka. Kind of an odd change to nerf her further, or maybe not?

Warwick is already super rare as far as I know. His jungling is super slow, but it's not like you ever see a decent warwick in lane. Kind of an odd change?

Gangplank still seems like a slow/iffy/damage-taking jungler with questionable ganks to me, and I don't seem to see many strong gangplanks anymore. Getting rid of the global ult, which already didn't do much damage (and was AP which gangplank won't be building) just seems kind of sad, and might make him even more unused.

Bleah all around. =/

Sona nerf is necessary, shes currently hands down the best support. She synergizes with all the AD bots. She is at once a poke and a sustain champ. She offers an AOE stun. She also hard counters vayne during lane.

A lane WW nerf isnt because its OP, its because hes like old mordekaiser. Just this unmovable wall. Playing against it theres nothing you can really do except farm as he farms. Harassing becomes not an option.

GP is one of the best tops in the game, like old nocturne, he could go almost full tank and still do stupid dmg. I don't know where theyre going with his nerf tho.

brian!

they are indeed nerfing soraka as well, xspecial feels that the nerfs may be too strong as well. so rejoice soraka haters I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom