• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXGN

First-time jungling ever, who is easy to use/pick-up and how do I start? i have 5k IP ready to spend on runes and champ etc.

If you don't have the runes, I would suggest relatively safe jungles like Skarner, Udyr, WW, Nunu, etc. There are some you really should have good runes for.

y2dvd

First-time jungling ever, who is easy to use/pick-up and how do I start? i have 5k IP ready to spend on runes and champ etc.

One of the first people I learn to jungle with is Xin. He can effectively gank before lvl 6 which is something you should learn as a jungler. Come around the enemy with q ready. Once they flash over you, catch up with e. Done and done!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Is there any cheaper way to get all the champions besides buying those Collectors packs?

Also, playing ages excluded.
If you buy both of the bundles, you still only end up with 40-some odd champions. The only way to get every champion is to play A LOT or spend a lot of money.

Wrekt

I kinda liked him last time I tried him for a free week. What build and skill order did you use?

I was laning against a Renekton so I started with armor +pots. He started with boots so I prioritized E over Q, with 1 point in Decoy at 4. I drew first blood with a successful gank, so on my first B I completed a wriggles and boots. I took my 2nd B when his tower went down and built a sheen + Mercs treads. I then went on to finish a trinity force. Their Annie was the only one that looked like a threat when laning broke down, so I went for a Hexdrinker. The game ended shortly after that.

I tend not to follow guides and just try and react to what the opponents are doing. I doubt you'll find a Wukong guide out there that even mentions a Hexdrinker. Their team wasn't stacking armor so I didn't feel the need to go Brut or LW. I wanted more Resist but they only had 1 scary AP so I didn't want to go crazy with a Force of Nature or anything.

I went ArmPen marks, flat armor seal, Resist per level glyphs, and AD quints. Masteries were 9/21/0. I took ignite and flash.

One of my favorite moves as Wukong (especially against a ranged opponent) is to go into the brush and immediately pop W. Then you run out (while invis) and get in range of them. Auto attack once, Q, then continue auto-attacking until they dash/flash away. Then pop E to gap close and ult if you have it. Only do this if you are sure you can win the trade and you have vision on their jungler since Decoy will be down, but it saves you from blowing E to get in range.

Boken

Banned
Rumble is by far the hardest champion to play effectively that I've tried. Good lord it's difficult.

PS: I bet 2th got banned because he yelled at people for using clarity.

Blizzard

Banned
Actually I saw one of the first decent Ziggs players I've encountered last night, and they used clarity. Of course a lot of the time it seemed they were just invisible, presumably waiting in bushes until they could ult a fight and grab a kill or an assist. I think they were the only one on their team with a positive ratio though, and they were enough of a problem that I tried to put a lot of focus on killing them.

JesseZao

I still say Clarity is good on Galio. Come at me.

I did try it one game with flash/clarity when I went mid Galio. I still got a chalice and was able to dominate mid and snowball nicely. I think I was up against a Lux, so maybe that had something to do with it, but she has good burst and I'm slow. When I play Galio or Jarvan I'm usually the Assist King, so forgoing Ignite for Clarity isn't a big loss I don't think. I don't usually build Rod of Ages on Galio, but that is usually what people get that don't build a chalice. I still get a Catalyst, but I build it into a Veil.

Boken

Banned
I did try it one game with flash/clarity when I went mid Galio. I still got a chalice and was able to dominate mid and snowball nicely. I think I was up against a Lux, so maybe that had something to do with it, but she has good burst and I'm slow. When I play Galio or Jarvan I'm usually the Assist King, so forgoing Ignite for Clarity isn't a big loss I don't think. I don't usually build Rod of Ages on Galio, but that is usually what people get that don't build a chalice. I still get a Catalyst, but I build it into a Veil.
Oh god.

If you don't use meta, you will be yelled at!
Clarity has nothing to do with the meta, it's just shit. It doesn't help you in a fight in your lane, it doesn't help you in team fights. All it is used for is a crutch for players who don't know how to manage their mana. Infact, it teaches baaad habits. Riot should just remove it from the game. Biggest noob bait in the game. At least it's useful to know who is trolling/bad.

VALKYRAY

Banned
I still say Clarity is good on Galio. Come at me.

fail, beyond epic

Chalice_of_Harmony.gif

Inskipp

Clarity would be better if it weren't for the fact that there are so many good mregen options in the game (runes, chalice, doran rings... the list goes on)

It really is truly unnecessary as a summoner spell.

Normally I would rage if I continuously keep losing in SR. Rather play something easy and fast. Amumu and Shyvana top was really bad. We had no jungler and they fed Teemo. Top lost. Shortly after mid was lost and so was bot. I wasn't paying attention to top, so I had no idea how Shyvana and Amumu died. Then after Shyvana rezz, she died to Teemo again. =/ Teemo got like 3 double kills. Yea, it was gg near the start of the game.

This sounds oddly familiar to my last game played. Shyvanna and amumu top gave like three double kills to teemo...top fell then they head mid where i'm at as morgana and get owned by teemo/talon. That's not you nos?

JesseZao

I don't take clarity on Jarvan. I just mentioned him because, like Galio, I end up being the master of assists. I take flash/ignite on Jarvan.

Clarity is similar to taking flat runes as opposed to scaling ones. You get to be aggressive early. I still normally just run flash/ignite, but I don't see a problem with it while you're still learning to anticipate/lead your nuke. I can't think of anyone else I'd even think about using clarity on besides Galio though, so I'd agree it's not a worthwhile spell in general.

Blizzard

Banned
I got demolished last night by a Ziggs. I was Ryze mid and he had blue the entire game.

It was rough.
Oh man, you're gonna get your Riot license revoked if you lose to people. ;p

I could definitely see Ziggs doing well with blue, like Anivia, but the challenge is actually getting blue (either burning the mana and healing to get it yourself, or coordinating well enough with your jungler for it to not waste time or make the jungler be underleveled).

I just played my very first game with Wukong EVER, and it ended 12/1/14. IT WAS PURE FUN! ^^

My second game was even more fun. Our teemo left in the 2nd minute so i played mid 4v5 the whole game. The other team surrendered after 30 min. Me and Sion crushed them hard.

Wukong is reeeaaally crazy. I have to get this dude ^^

Wrekt

Oh god.

Clarity has nothing to do with the meta, it's just shit. It doesn't help you in a fight in your lane, it doesn't help you in team fights. All it is used for is a crutch for players who don't know how to manage their mana. Infact, it teaches baaad habits. Riot should just remove it from the game. Biggest noob bait in the game. At least it's useful to know who is trolling/bad.

Both statements are just flat wrong. If you aren't keeping pressure with Q, your CS sucks and your opponent is basically free farming. I rarely miss Q's and I'm still not zoning someone with 50% of a mana bar. If you are cool with a passive farm fest up top, that's cool but clarity tends to allow me to zone an opponent out of CS and Exp which is the whole point of the lane phase.

In all honesty, I do sometimes take teleport on Galio if it is draft and I know I'm going to be matched up against an AP. I'll rush a chalice and bask in the resists that affords me. If I'm matched up against an AD bruiser though, the resists don't help me outside of the passive AP conversion and I'd much rather build a Catalyst or something.

I'd still like to know how you figure teleport is a better team fight ability than nearly an entire mana bar to you and 50% of that to your entire team. I watched carries in the Kings of Europe tournament run OOM with enemy champs still alive. If they aren't good enough to run around with a full mana bar all the time and still get kills, then yeah I guess I'm trolling/bad and I should just uninstall.

If you buy both of the bundles, you still only end up with 40-some odd champions. The only way to get every champion is to play A LOT or spend a lot of money.

I have about 54 so far and skins for a lot of them and I haven't spent that much money. Just play the sales and don't waste IP on more than a few rune pages.

AP, AD, and Jungle are all you really need until you decide to get really good at a certain champ.

I usually play Morg mid, and recently have been doing a lot of Ziggs mid. For both of them, I take Clarity. I feel like having so much mana in the very beginning of the laning phase is invaluable. I've gotten plenty of early kills by being sucky at managing my mana and taking clarity. I know that a better player could probably do what I do without clarity, but I love it. It also saves me the trouble of having to stack dorans. Instead I usually rush AA's staff as soon as I can. By mid-late game, clarity is almost useless, as I have all the Mana and MR I need, although sometimes I can still help the team with it.

IsayFever

Oh man, you're gonna get your Riot license revoked if you lose to people. ;p

I could definitely see Ziggs doing well with blue, like Anivia, but the challenge is actually getting blue (either burning the mana and healing to get it yourself, or coordinating well enough with your jungler for it to not waste time or make the jungler be underleveled).

You must play with the worst fucking junglers if it's an issue for the ap to get blue

Blizzard

Banned
You must play with the worst fucking junglers if it's an issue for the ap to get blue
I think I've seen a lot of weirdness with the blue buff ignoring the person dealing damage, and quickly healing its health back. I could have sworn I've seen it doing that after someone was NEXT to it hitting with attacks and abilities from the bush. Is there a trick to it?

Also I've seen junglers starting at red, and then with no coordination we don't guard blue so the other team takes it, etc. Having good people coordinating in all spots doesn't seem as easy as you might think. =(

Ketch

Damnit. Qued solo pvp for the first time and lost.

Now I'm gonna quit this game forever, too bad I already spent $300 dollars on skins for Alistar.

Wrekt

I think I've seen a lot of weirdness with the blue buff ignoring the person dealing damage, and quickly healing its health back. I could have sworn I've seen it doing that after someone was NEXT to it hitting with attacks and abilities from the bush. Is there a trick to it?

If golem loses track of his current target (ie person runs away or enters a brush) it can sometimes reset. It doesn't always do it, but it happens from time to time.

UncleBiz

Rumble is by far the hardest champion to play effectively that I've tried. Good lord it's difficult.

Rumble is the bestest! He wins against almost all melee bruisers top. People don't realize his burst potential. If you get to around 50 heat, pop W and Q, and start chasing, it does a lot of damage. If they stay, you can E to overheat and then just whack them a few times. He is pretty easy to snowball with once you get going.

JesseZao

I have about 54 so far and skins for a lot of them and I haven't spent that much money. Just play the sales and don't waste IP on more than a few rune pages.

AP, AD, and Jungle are all you really need until you decide to get really good at a certain champ.

If you're going to spend any real money, I'd say spend it on rune pages and use IP for runes/ champs. If you have RP left, buy champs on sale. I guess I haven't been bitten by the desire for a skin yet, but I suppose I could be tempted if a sale occurs for a champ I play a lot. There are so few that I think are quality art anyway.

JesseZao

It would be interesting to make an excel spreadsheet to determine hom much IP I need to farm per week to end up with all of the champs in a year. Maybe I'll do that later.

Somax

I think I'm quite an odd person, since I prefer Viktor to Ziggs.
Bought both of them, but maybe it's because I played much more the former than the latter...

Blizzard

Banned
I don't have IP for anything! Is it worth buying champions with RP when they are on sale? ARAGAHAG
You can get 150+ IP a day from bot games that last 30 minutes or less. I would say use the real life money to buy skins, unless you really have a ton of money and don't want to play much. Definitely wait until free weeks before paying real money for a champion, in case you hate them.

Volimar

You can get 150+ IP a day from bot games that last 30 minutes or less. I would say use the real life money to buy skins, unless you really have a ton of money and don't want to play much. Definitely wait until free weeks before paying real money for a champion, in case you hate them.

If you don't feel like playing for a day, you can play vs bots on dominion. Super fast way to get your first win of the day bonus and then go about your business.

Inskipp

It would be interesting to make an excel spreadsheet to determine hom much IP I need to farm per week to end up with all of the champs in a year. Maybe I'll do that later.
You can gain 500IP per day, with 3 hours of effective gameplay (including first win of the day).

Currently all the champs cost 333300 IP together

So if I were to farm all the champs at a pace of 500 IP per day, I'd unlock all champs to date in roughly about 1 year, 10 months and 2 weeks.

This is just a rough calculation, I'm sure it can be made more accurate.

Achtius

You can gain 500IP per day, with 3 hours of effective gameplay (including first win of the day).

Currently all the champs cost 333300 IP together

So if I were to farm all the champs at a pace of 500 IP per day, I'd unlock all champs to date in roughly about 1 year, 10 months and 2 weeks.

This is just a rough calculation, I'm sure it can be made more accurate.

You have to take into account that they release a new champ every 2 weeks :p

Ketch

How does GAF feel about Katrina? I think I'm saving up to get her next, because she has boobs and can assassinate people.

Edit: Also, login ques? wtf...

XeroSauce

Yea, I generally try to nab the 150 IP bonus, but even then..

I tend to theorycraft a lot, so I'm always in need of new champions and runes. Riot doesn't really give you a lot of room to experiment unless you have everything already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom