• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

NSFW =/

It's really sad, to be honest. Riot Guy was really cool.
This guy named Rotz or something was ultra-mad over his waifu Sona getting nerfed (his words, not mine) and basically stalked the guy and reported him to Riot.

It's funny in a kinda sad way. He basically just pissed off everyone just so he could "get back" at a guy who did nothing but give him a heads up on sona nerfs. I really don't understand his train of thought here. So now Riot is upset that they had a leak, Riot guy is upset because he has to leave a job he loved, we're upset because we lost a nice guy who was giving us lots of neat info, and Rohz is upset because his stupid waifu is getting nerfed. No one wins.

Sorry, I know that's confusing, but it's not my words. :) I'm just passing what I remember.

Sona nerf... there goes my Ranked career.

Blizzard

Banned
Well I guess I just never see gangplank do that great top or otherwise very often (unless I'm playing riven against him and of course then I get owned), and clearly my experience since I hardly ever play anymore is authoritative. :p *silly*

A lane WW nerf isnt because its OP, its because hes like old mordekaiser. Just this unmovable wall. Playing against it theres nothing you can really do except farm as he farms. Harassing becomes not an option.
What's funny is that I feel this way about Nasus, and maybe one or two other champions who can be quite happy to farm under their tower and discourage the vast majority of gank attempts.

Soraka is a strange case because sustained healing is BAD for the type of gameplay riot wants BUT you don't want to just straight admit that you can't solve this problem and remake soraka into a non healer type when the 'healer' is such an archetype in this genre.

IsayFever

So curse put up a new site called LoLPro and I gotta say, the guides are like by 100% pro players and infinitely easier to read/ better laid out than solomid

Blizzard

Banned
So curse put up a new site called LoLPro and I gotta say, the guides are like by 100% pro players and infinitely easier to read/ better laid out than solomid
It was so pro it actually crashed my browser tab *edit* twice.

What on earth do these people put in their websites? I feel both solomid and mobafire were both horribly laggy and hard to browse for me because of so much crazy javascript and flash.

Inskipp

I agree, the overall layout for the site feels very nice.

I am curious to Elementz's plans for RoG though. Isn't it still hosted under the CLG- servers?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Solomid's new layout is awful, but a lot of these builds seem pretty bad. The Jax build is one of the worst things I've seen in my whole life.

Y4lcr.jpg

ihavenoideawhati'mdoing.jpg

But I honestly had no idea what i was doing was right (bwlzero). Was my first attempt at support and the following game I went support again.

Each game felt like we were losing early on but managed to have a better end-game.

dimb

http://www.lolpro.com/guides/jax/129-jax-top-lane

This one?

whats wrong with the jax build?
It's not a guide for the current Jax. Skill order is way off, not investing in CS until level four is just dumb. It says he's naturally tanky but he's not anymore. Double Doran's Blade start is going to set you really far behind on reaching a Hextech. Atmog's is a terrible choice on Jax now because he isn't a high HP champ. A lot of the guides are just bad. Like Cloth Armor into boots into Doran's Blade into Sheen on GP. And they recommend maxing Remove Scurvy before putting more than one point into Raise Morale.

Inskipp

Yeah that guide is kind of weird/outdated... Feels like it's just trying to emulate the old Jax. Then again it was written by Dyrus, who dislikes the new Jax.

Is Rageblade still considered a viable item on Jax?

dimb

Is it actually by Dyrus though? Dyrus has a very different build from that on Solomid that he just put up recently.

dimb

It says so near the header:

By Dyrus1 January 23, 2012
I get that, but anyone can say they're Dyrus. Why would he write two guides around the same time with contradicting builds and purposes? Literally everything is the opposite.

Inskipp

I get that, but anyone can say they're Dyrus.
Not according to this quote from Elementz's RoG post:
Elementz said:
Every guide is authored by a professional League of Legends player such as Voyboy, Salce, Doublelift, Crumbzz, SYDTKO, Pobelter, Westrice, Dyrus, Nyjacky, Crumbzz, Cop, Myself (Elementz) and many more.
With that, I'd imagine that the poster of the guide would have had to verify his identity somehow. Unless there's another pro-player going by the handle Dyrus.

Then again the guide could simply be outdated.

dimb

Not according to this quote from Elementz's RoG post:

With that, I'd imagine that the poster of the guide would have had to verify his identity somehow. Unless there's another pro-player going by the handle Dyrus.

Then again the guide could simply be outdated.
Well all of the written stuff sounds nothing like Dyrus, so I don't really know what to say. Maybe it is him but it doesn't really seem like it. Guide is still bad either way.

XeroSauce

Yeah that guide is kind of weird/outdated... Feels like it's just trying to emulate the old Jax. Then again it was written by Dyrus, who dislikes the new Jax.

Is Rageblade still considered a viable item on Jax?

They might have just ported over his old guide.

Finally! The moment I have been waiting for since I began playing LoL. The Sinful Succulence Morgana Skin is on Sale! WOOOO! I can finally buy it.

ElectraStar

The French don't call it "the little death" for nothing!

Sona nerf... there goes my Ranked career.
There goes my entire LoL-ness...

Definitely much cleaner and straight-forward... IDK about the Jax build, but the builds I've looked at so far look legit to me.

Finally! The moment I have been waiting for since I began playing LoL. The Sinful Succulence Morgana Skin is on Sale! WOOOO! I can finally buy it.
Damn! I rarely play Morgana, and when I do I use the Blade Mistress skin, but I may just get this one, too!

THXello

Neo Member
I think 200 of my posts were from the beta. Hopefully now that new releases have died down I'll be jumping back in and getting bitched at by GAFfers who take it too seriously.

Nasussssssssss!

I love your picture of Brewers I'm from Wisconsin as well.

I think they really missed an awesome opportunity with Ziggs. They should've made his ult similar to Pantheon's and let you travel to where you shot it. And you would fly down, riding on a giant nuke, waving a cowboy hat through the air like Dr. Strangelove. Really missed something there.

dimb

omg nautilus looks bad ass. His in game model doesn't even look like it belongs in Lol.
I still don't really get the design philosophy difference between him and Amumu. Either Nautilus will have more utility and a higher skill cap and offer more to players or Amumu will still beat him on numbers. Their potential to co-exist seems...shaky.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Shen buffs coming. Soraka / Sona nerfs too good. Vlad nerfs (He's impossible to balance)

I'm happy and yet sad about the Sona and Soraka nerfs. They need to be nerfed, but if they get nerfed I wonder if people will still play them. Like will their support rolls be good enough to outweigh another dps dealer instead? I know this flies in the face of the current meta, but whatever.

Plus if people don't play those two then the support roll is basically nixed outside maybe people play Alastar sometimes or trying out Jana. It won't be the frequency that Sona and Soraka are played now, and no new support champs means there's nobody new for people to want to roll right now.

PS: I really do wonder if Vlad really IS impossible to balance to the tune where they just might have to make him UP and live with it.

dimb

Those are some heavy Soraka nerfs. Feels good, hope the Sona ones hurt even more. Shen buffs are pretty much what I've been waiting for.

Flare

I really like the Shen buffs, love the Soraka nerf (any Vlad nerf is good =P) and am loving Nautilus so far. Good patch.

IsayFever

I'm starting to love the Vlad changes every single patch thing we've got going on. He's OP -> UP -> OP -> UP -> OP -> UP -> OP every other week

Flare

I'm starting to love the Vlad changes every single patch thing we've got going on. He's OP -> UP -> OP -> UP -> OP -> UP -> OP every other week

Actually it goes: OP -> OP -> OP -> OP -> OP -> OP -> OP.
I'm joking, don't get mad Vlad lovers!

Jenga

Banned
everyone who got nerfed deserved it

deal w/ it

shen buffs are cool, but i hope this simply makes him more of a good pick and not OP

Ferga

Looked at Nautilus' skill set some more and have decided that he will at least be a tier 1 jungler.

His passive can stun and do bonus damage. Great for clearing the jungle if you time all the procs well.

His W is a health shield that scales off max health and does area damage (doran shield jungling maybe?)
His E is area damage which can hit more than once

His ganks are terrifying as well. Unlike amumu, he doesn't have to land the skill shot. He can just fly near the target then slow them with his E then stun with his passive. His ultimate seems like it has a huge width too and a nice range(the picture released by Riot shows that it knocks up everything in 2 minion waves)

The only way i can see Nautilus being trash tier is if his Riptide(the slow/E) has a terrible range and if he has +10second cooldown on his E and W. He can have the lowest AD stats in the game and it won't matter because of his utility and area damage. Clear to say that i am actually looking forward to this champ.

Plus i love the water effects for the riptide skill

dimb

Real talk, why does Sejuani exist if they were developing Nautilus at the same time?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Real talk, why does Sejuani exist if they were developing Nautilus at the same time?

Different Champion Developers working concurrently. Honestly, I think only a few of them are really talented. Sejuani got screwed though. She has an awesome kit but got owned on stats. Therefore she's not as good as she could be.

EXGN

Haha, I didn't do very good either. I never play support and that was only my second time playing as Sona, but the rumors of her being face-roll easy to play seem to be at least somewhat truthful. Sorry for the early golem/creep steals Southern, haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom