• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
GAF inhouse is best house

sZmgU.png

ShittyDragon is shitty. Thanks for the carry!

You did fine. We all did. It was a good game

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/nautilus-patch-preview-gameplay-changes

PATCH PREVIEW!!! Nerf Sona and Soraka!! Finally!

I think they need to look into shaco's early jungling ability, I'm constantly getting ganked by at level 2 with a shaco with both buffs. The fact he can take out both banshee and red within seconds is really bad.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I think they need to look into shaco's early jungling ability, I'm constantly getting ganked by at level 2 with a shaco with both buffs. The fact he can take out both banshee and red within seconds is really bad.
Pretty sure the box timers were nerfed recently to cap what Shaco could do early in the game.

Play draft, bro.

Also, all the QQs over support nerfs make me lol. I'd like to see something other than Sona/Soraka, thanks.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
These Shen changes makes it seem like they're just throwing poop on the wall and hoping it sticks.

Had an annoying match that became amusing.

Game started with Shaco being AFK (and eventually disconnected). I was doing my usual dunking as Yi so I asked for a leash on blue. Nasus leashed and was going back to top when he saw Garen dancing around Baron. He started chasing Garen and pinged him to retreat since this was an obvious bait, but nope. He died and I got killed as well because there were like four enemies on our asses.

He raged hard and decided the game is lost so he kept feeding. It was pretty much a lost game, but Nasus was being incredibly annoying in the chat. He kept insulting every player in the game and just wouldn't shut up.

We were already down to the Nexus when Nasus called for a surrender vote which failed. He went "YEAH BECAUSE WE CAN STILL WIN RIGHT?". Me and Tristana said we just said no just to annoy him. He continued to rage in the chat. I told the enemies "Hey guys, we all know Nasus is being a jerk. He's just waiting for the game to end. How about we stand around?".

...and we all did. Some just danced around. When Nasus tried attacking, the enemies ate him. People lol'd at the chat while Nasus said "yeah Yi, good fucking job making everyone stand still".

So much lol.

Ark

I kind of like them, but it doesn't make Shen any more appealing to me.

Also, Janna is looking to be number 1 support...

At least Janna is more complicated to play effectively than Sona.

Really enjoying playing Wukong solo-top. Not too squishy, good escape/duking capabilities and does some solid damage, especially when I've got my trinity force for tonnes of damage.

Champs I would like to see in the game before more tanks:

1.) Skillshot-oriented support that is more viable than Lux.

2.) Anti-AD carry that is more viable than Urgot.

Riot keeps saying they want to break the current meta and nerf support but they seem to consistently shy away from this by never releasing new champs that can break it.

If they want it to be a more exciting spectator game, I think they should experiment with...

1.) Almost completely eliminating heal from supports to make mistakes in lane more important.

2.) Giving more xp throughout the game or do something to make games average more around 25-40 minutes than 35-50.

Isn't this just proving his point that Shaco is still OP early game, when your only counter argument is to ban him?

Shaco you just need to wait a few levels before you get aggressive in any lanes. He doesn't do much late game if he doesn't get kills early. Let the other team push to your tower and you will do fine if your jungler is also careful. If I see another team pick Shaco, I go a very high health safe jungler.

dimb

Because money.
I would imagine there's more money in making interesting champions that people actually want to play.

While I was looking up statistics of how much champions are played I noticed that Sona and Soraka are by far the most picked champions, and it's by a pretty wide margin. For every time Eve was picked in the last week Soraka was picked 74 times. Even stacked against other support type champions, she is picked eleven times as often as Leona, and even three times as often as Janna.

Inskipp

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UOvqsAeeQ2I/TzcfbOLsZrI/AAAAAAAAB3c/cdK4D-qWqOM/s1600/122935526712.jpg[img]

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qExAq1aO_tM/TzcfTObhVMI/AAAAAAAAB3M/jq4C3t3Z3W8/s1600/2.jpg[img]

what is this... i don't even[/QUOTE]
It's the first Vayne- skin I'm considering on buying [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/5FrFh.gif

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Just delete Sona already, she's a horrendous, failed design. Fuck that whore.

I am more scare of a skilled Janna than a skilled Sona.... A good sona will just flash and ult the whole group in a good angle, a skilled Janna will ruin the whole team fight.

Blizzard

Banned
Holy cow at that Vayne skin.

Also, I tried drawing a picture and asking Riot support for 37 RP, but I got this:
Unfortunately, policy prohibits me from gifting skins, characters, IP/RP, or other special items at this time.

Oh well, worth a shot. =(

Ferga

Ok scrap it, Xypherous said Nautilus only has a decent clear time in the jungle. He is designed to have the lowest Attack Speed in the game as well. Going to have to wait for a stonewall vid to convince me to buy him now :\

Damnit!

His hook doesnt even let him go through walls, his shield/area damage has a huge cooldown and his R can be easily dodged

He said the shield/area damage skill has 3X the cd of Shen's feint so 27-15 second cooldown. God dayum! The shield does last for 10 seconds though... Doubt it will last that long in the jungle at level 1

brian!

Isn't this just proving his point that Shaco is still OP early game, when your only counter argument is to ban him?

To counter Shaco you need only to anticipate him and be able to recognize his gank opportunities. He is very susceptible to counter-ganks from your jungler; usually your jungler has more presence in team fights than he does. Beyond that, you just need to understand that he has incredible ganks, but he's not as good as, say, Rammus who can just speed past wards. You do need to play more safely when he is around, so pick laners with good tankiness/escape/cc. His box got nerfed, so it isn't as effective as it used to be.

I don't know, when you face a strong character play smartly I guess. Keep bushes warded so you can see him coming, if he's not getting kills he'll be down, and if he decides to just farm he won't be as strong as your jungler. He's tough to face, but so is a roaming twitch I guess. Both are incredibly squishy when they gank.

dimb

It is pretty dumb when the person banning only bans against the lane they are in and just ban every AP carry.

Ferga

It is pretty dumb when the person banning only bans against the lane they are in and just ban every AP carry.

I've played a draft where all the traditional supports were banned. Noone knew what to do. It was hilarious.

This was before the support-kill lane thing was acceptable though. Think it was before leona was released

broz0rs

I've played a draft where all the traditional supports were banned. Noone knew what to do. It was hilarious.

This was before the support-kill lane thing was acceptable though. Think it was before leona was released

lol if that happened to me I would love to have chosen support Nunu.

sustain, ASPD/MS steroid buff for my lane mate, and exhaust nuke. pity he's not used in this way at all.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Shit I see people still do it now because it's throws some teams for a loop. Everyone just is like uhhh wtf do we do bot lane now with all the normal support pics banned.

XeroSauce

Just bought Lux, Spellthief, and some mana regen runes. Anyone have any tips before I go off and make a fool of myself?

I gave up jungling, going to do that when I can afford the runes for it.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just bought Lux, Spellthief, and some mana regen runes. Anyone have any tips before I go off and make a fool of myself?

I gave up jungling, going to do that when I can afford the runes for it.

She's incredibly fun, so have some. :p I really enjoy her pokes with E, it doesn't take that much to push someone out or force them to use all of their pots.

As a result I usually take mana regen first, usually for tear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom