• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenga

Banned
apparently the patch notes got leaked

postin

New Skins in the Store

Astronaut Nautilus
Deep Sea Nautilus
Crimson Elite Swain
Dread-Knot Urgot

League of Legends 1.0.0.134
Nautilus, the Titan of the Depths

Staggering Blow (Passive) – Nautilus’ first basic attack against a target deals bonus physical damage and immobilizes the opponent briefly. Staggering Blow cannot trigger on the same target more than once every 12 seconds.
Dredge Line - Nautilus throws his anchor forward. If he hits an enemy, he'll drag himself to his target and his target to him. If he hits terrain, he'll drag himself to the terrain and the cooldown is reduced.
Titan’s Wrath - Nautilus places a shield on himself that absorbs additional damage based on his maximum health. While the shield is active, Nautilus' attacks deal damage over time to units around him.
Riptide - Nautilus slams the ground, causing the earth to ripple out in waves. Each wave deals damage and slows the targets hit. This slow decays over time. Multiple waves that hit the same target deal reduced damage.
Depth Charge (ultimate) – Nautilus launches a depth charge towards a target that picks up speed as it travels. This charge knocks up all enemies it encounters while traveling and explodes on impact, stunning the target and launching them into the air.

Ahri
Spirit Charge
Number of charges decreased to 2 from 3

Amumu
Fixed a bug where Tantrum wouldn't decrease physical damage taken

Brand

Pillar of Flame ability power ratio increased to .75 from .6
Conflagration cooldown increased to 14/13/12/11/10 from 12/11/10/9/8
Pyroclasm range increased to 825 from 750

Cassiopeia
Deadly Cadence stacks decreased to 4 from 5

Noxious Blast delay increased to 1 from .6

Miasma cooldown decreased to 7 from 9
Miasma slow decreased to 10/15/20/25/30% from 15/20/25/30/25%

Twin Fang ability power ratio increased to .6 from .55
Twin Fang base damage decreased to 45/80/115/150/185 from 60/95/130/165/200
Twin Fang range decreased to 550 from 700
Twin Fang cooldown decreased to 4 seconds from 5
Fixed a bug where Twin Fang would deal extra damage.

Irelia

Transcendent Blades range decreased to 1100 from 1200
Fixed a bug where Transcendent Blades wouldn't activate

Karthus
Death Defied passive duration decreased to 6 seconds from 7

Kassadin
Void Stone magic damage reduction decreased to 10% from 15%
Riftwalk cooldown increased to 9/8/7 from 7/6/5
Fixed a bug where Null Sphere wouldn't silence

Master Yi
Double Strike now activates every 6th attack instead of 7th

Alpha Strike
Range increased to 800 from 600
Now always deals bonus damage to minions
bonus damage to minion decreased to 75/125/175/225/275 from 400

Meditate
Cooldown decreased to 15 from 35
Cost decreased to 50/75/800/95/110 from 70/85/100/115/130 mana
No longer scales with ability Power
Armor and Magic resitance has been decreased to 200 from 100/150/200/250/300

Morgana
Fixed a bug where Soul Siphon wasn't applying the bonus spellvamp

Black Shield

Shield strength no longer scales with ability power
Range decreased to 500 from 600

Soul Shackles
cooldown increased to 120 at all ranks from 120/110/100
Limit of three targets

Orianna
General
Base mana increased to 280 from 250
Mana per level increased to 65 from 50
Mana regen per level increased to .7 from .5
Movement speed increased to 315 from 300

Command: Shockwave
Ability power ratio increased to .85 from .7
Fixed a bug where Command: Shockwave would not scale with ability power

Shen
Vorpal Blade
Energy cost changed to 60 from 70/65/60/55/50
Healing effect reduced to 10/16/22/28/34 from 18/26/34/42/50
Healing effect now also heals for 2% of attacker's maximum health per hit
Shen gets the heal if he last hits with Vorpal Blade
Single target damaging spells can now also trigger Vorpal Blade instead of just attacks

Feint
Feint now grants 20/25/30/35/40 Armor while it's active
Feint duration increased to 3 from 2.5
Cost increased to 50 from 45

Shadow Dash
Cooldown changed to 11-9 from 10
Energy cost reduced to 100 from 120-100
Taunt Duration increased to 1/1.3/1.6/1.9/2.2 from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2
Restores 40 Energy per champion affected, from 50 Energy if you affect one

Ki Strike
Bonus Damage from Health increased to 12% from 8%
Cooldown is now reduced by 0.5 seconds for minion hits in addition to 2 seconds for champion hits

Skarner
General
Base attack damage decreased to 49.9 from 54.1
Base health decreased to 425 from 440
Health per level decreased to 82 from 96
Movement speed decreased to 315 from 320

Impale
Fixed a bug where impale would have a longer radius than intended
Range has been decreased to 300 from 350
Cooldown has been increased to 110 at all ranks from 130/120/110
Impale is not longer affected by Energize

Sona
Hymn of Valor
Passive attack damage and ability power change to 3/7/11/14/20 from 8/11/14/17/20
Magic damage decreased to 25/75/125/175/225

Aria of Perseverance
Passive armor and magic resistance has been changed to 3/5/7/9/11 from 7/9/11/13/15
Cost has been increased to 80 mana at all ranks, from 60/65/70/75/80

Song of Celerity
Passive movement speed decreased to 3/6/9/12/15 from 8/11/14/17/20

Crescendo
Range has been decreased to 600 from 1000

Soraka
Starcall
No longer reduces magic resistance
Magic damage has been decreased to 30/55/80/105/130 from 60/85/110/135/160
Enemies hit by Starcall take 1/2/3/4/5% increased damage on the next damaging ability used on them
No longer stacks

Infuse
No longer gives mana back to Soraka
No longer castable on Soraka

Wish
Cooldown decreased to 100 seconds at all ranks from 120/110/100

Vladimir

Tides of Blood cost is increased by 50% per each use up from 25%
Hemoplague increases the damage taken from all sources by 10% down from 14%

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
What the hell is with that Ahri Nerf? The freaking crap?

EDIT: this feels like a troll patch note. Probably not real.

Flare

Yeaaaaaa, those are too sketchy looking. The Shen changes don't match what was said in the patch preview. And a lot of those changes look pretty radical to be left out of the preview.

kayos90

yeah the patch is too good to be true

How is it too good? Even if it was real, those changes are mediocre and stupid. No justification behind them all. Probably some whiner who thinks "OMG [Insert Champion Name] OP!!!!"

Jenga

Banned
How is it too good? Even if it was real, those changes are mediocre and stupid. No justification behind them all. Probably some whiner who thinks "OMG [Insert Champion Name] OP!!!!"

kass, vlad, skarner, cass, ahri, morgana, sona, soraka

yes, all balanced champs and unknown for being powerful*

*im being sarcastic

kayos90

kass, vlad, skarner, cass, ahri, morgana, sona, soraka

yes, all balanced champs and unknown for being powerful*

*im being sarcastic

I'm confused. Are you trying to say that Ahri, Skarner, Cass, Vlad, etc are not balanced? Sorry but in the hands of a good player they're extremely strong. The cap is the skill for some champs and the gap between an average player and one that is an expert shows.

Jenga

Banned
I'm confused. Are you trying to say that Ahri, Skarner, Cass, Vlad, etc are not balanced? Sorry but in the hands of a good player they're extremely strong. The cap is the skill for some champs and the gap between an average player and one that is an expert shows.
fuck yeah they're not balanced

they're OP and the majority were must pick/bans

good riddance

kayos90

fuck yeah they're not balanced

they're OP and the majority were must pick/bans

good riddance

I completely disagree. Ahri is not OP. I'm not sure about the other champs since I don't play them but I don't think Ahri is OP. Hell, people still think Akali is OP.

Jenga

Banned
I completely disagree. Ahri is not OP. I'm not sure about the other champs since I don't play them but I don't think Ahri is OP. Hell, people still think Akali is OP.
What planet do you live on where Ahri isn't OP? If people still rag on Akali I don't see them anymore.

Jenga

Banned
It's not real so I wouldn't worry too much.
yeah, these nerfs were way too good to be real

in reality i think kass probably got his CD lowered on his ult and sona probably got a tiny love tap and will still anally violate us with pokes

Jenga

Banned
Tell me why you think Ahri is OP so I don't say some stupid nonsensical crap.
Great damage, great laning, great ganking, great escape. Oh and an AP carry with a ranged taunt. She has few real weaknesses and depending on who's playing her they can essentially catch/escape everything.

in fact, glancing at her wiki info, isn't this a buff? instead of having to get 3 charges she only gets 2 now? (I don't play Ahri but I have experience playing against her)

surely you agree every other nerf is warranted? only one I find questionable is kass nerf but if it gets people off of my first baby I'm fine with it

MultiCore

The morg nerfs are what makes me question this.

Otherwise, I could see Riot making these sort of drastic changes to try to shake things up and sell some different champs.

in fact, glancing at her wiki info, isn't this a buff? instead of having to get 3 charges she only gets 2 now? (I don't play Ahri but I have experience playing against her)
It seems that it's reducing her ult output to 2 flames instead of 3, per activation.

Edit: The name of the skill is just totally wrong, and I don't see that kind of mistake coming from Riot. Far too ambiguous, and would cause a lot of confusion.

Zissou

Great damage, great laning, great ganking, great escape. Oh and an AP carry with a ranged taunt. She has few real weaknesses and depending on who's playing her they can essentially catch/escape everything.

Ahri's ult isn't like akali's in that you build up charges. When the cd is up you get to use her ult three times in fairly quick succession, if these notes are true, you will only be able to do it twice. Stupid nerf.

Jenga

Banned
Ahri's ult isn't like akali's in that you build up charges. When the cd is up you get to use her ult three times in fairly quick succession, if these notes are true, you will only be able to do it twice. Stupid nerf.
oh so she can't gank/escape everything with impunity once a minute and so

god if only these were confirmed real

Jenga

Banned
riot's response

Just gonna say this now....

Fake - Fake as in not real, as in nothing as in no, as in not true, as in these are false, as in be patient.

man i knew these were too good to be true

well enjoy your further domination ap mids and sona

kayos90

Ahri's taunt isn't a real taunt. Secondly, it's her form of CC which is hardly rare considering many AP carries have some sort of CC.

Jenga

Banned
So not only Ahri, but you hate all AP mids?
I like to think I'm reasonable in hating Cass, Vlad and Morgana.

to me kassadin is in the same boat of Shaco, not necessarily OP but very overwhelming for most people too lazy to learn to counter/deal with him

kayos90

I like to think I'm reasonable in hating Cass, Vlad and Morgana.

to me kassadin is in the same boat of Shaco, not necessarily OP but very overwhelming for most people too lazy to learn to counter him

Sorry but your previous comments make me think that you're completely unreasonable.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
How do you balance AP mid anyway? The whole point of AP is to do burst damage, since AP always solo, they will be at least 1 or 2 levels ahead. Another advantage AP had is they benefit a lot more from level up, so in early game with no item, AP will win against most people 1 vs 1.

Ahri is kinda OP, if most champion with gap closer chase you down, you can flash, stun, root to escape while their gap closer is in CD. Against Ahri or Akali, they will just keep diving toward you.

Zissou

How do you balance AP mid anyway? The whole point of AP is to do burst damage, since AP always solo, they will be at least 1 or 2 levels ahead. Another advantage AP had is they benefit a lot more from level up, so in early game with no item, AP will win against most people 1 vs 1.

Ahri is kinda OP, if most champion with gap closer chase you down, you can flash, stun, root to escape while their gap closer is in CD. Against Ahri or Akali, they will just keep diving toward you.

Ahri can't ult through walls though, so if you flash through terrain to escape, the Ahri player will have to burn their own flash to pursue you (assuming they have it). If Ahri burn's her ult and flash to kill you, she has no way to escape anything for a while, and if she's out of position after pursuing you, she can be really easily counter ganked.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Ahri can't ult through walls though, so if you flash through terrain to escape, the Ahri player will have to burn their own flash to pursue you (assuming they have it). If Ahri burn's her ult and flash to kill you, she has no way to escape anything for a while, and if she's out of position after pursuing you, she can be really easily counter ganked.

It can ult through all wall except for the big one, its only a tiny bit shorter than flash range. There are hardly any wall that you can flash over that ahri can't ult over.

Chasing down opponent is always risky, but at least she has the option to chase down to do so if it is relatively safe. Someone like annie can only type in all chat "HP???" to get some comfort.

Ferga

Ohh yes Ahri ult nerfed. She will definitely be balanced now (and gankable).

Cass got nerfed quite hard though... That +0.4 on her Q is really going to make her hard to play in laning.\

I'm loving the Orianna buff!

And Ahri is OP. Her ult makes her ungankable in lane and a good Ahri who has warded well will never die in laning phase after 6. She pushes the lane, goes to gank another lane and secures kills easily with her mobility and cc. If she gets caught pushing a lane, she ults 3 times and survives.

Almost everytime i've been caught pushing mid as Ahri by 2 people, I get 1 kill and survive the encounter because of her amazing burst.

TL:DR, Ahri's main problem was she was ungankable and couldn't be punished by pushing all game.

Zissou

It can ult through all wall except for the big one, its only a tiny bit shorter than flash range. There are hardly any wall that you can flash over that ahri can't ult over.

Chasing down opponent is always risky, but at least she has the option to chase down to do so if it is relatively safe. Someone like annie can only type in all chat "HP???" to get some comfort.

She... can... ult through terrain 0_0

I had no idea, I need to go into a custom game when I get home and practice this!

Zissou

Ohh yes Ahri ult nerfed. She will definitely be balanced now (and gankable).

Cass got nerfed quite hard though... That +0.4 on her Q is really going to make her hard to play in laning.\

I'm loving the Orianna buff!

And Ahri is OP. Her ult makes her ungankable in lane and a good Ahri who has warded well will never die in laning phase after 6. She pushes the lane, goes to gank another lane and secures kills easily with her mobility and cc. If she gets caught pushing a lane, she ults 3 times and survives.

Almost everytime i've been caught pushing mid as Ahri by 2 people, I get 1 kill and survive the encounter because of her amazing burst.

Wasn't the list was confirmed as fake?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
When a new 6300 champ gets played as much as Ahri you know she's OP, but there are still stronger casters in the game than her.

Zissou

I don't like how much 'OP' get thrown around in the LoL community. It's like no one will be happy until every champ is nerfed to point of boring near-uselessness. Coming from a fighting games background where everyone looks at the most lopsided match-ups you can imagine and says 'learn to play! learn the match-up! tough it out!' it's especially disconcerting how the minute something seems good in LoL, people run crying to Riot for nerfs.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't like how much 'OP' get thrown around in the LoL community. It's like no one will be happy until every champ is nerfed to point of boring near-uselessness. Coming from a fighting games background where everyone looks at the most lopsided match-ups you can imagine and says 'learn to play! learn the match-up! tough it out!' it's especially disconcerting how the minute something seems good in LoL, people run crying to Riot for nerfs.
League of Legends is a game that has been tweaked and added to for years. It has a gigantic character roster and a changing item set that augments them. There are lots of champions that fall way out of favor, and there are other champions who just excel without many (or any) weaknesses. The power disparity between the tiers of champions is just huge.

Try jungling Mundo or Fiddlesticks right now versus a Lee Sin or Udyr of the same skill level. You will get stomped. You can learn the champ or improve, but you're still at a disadvantage, and sometimes it's one that can't be overcome. You can't be some big man who comes in and makes Leona top viable, because you will get dumped on by any other top lane duelist. Other times there are simply hard counters. If you think you can learn the Jax versus Kennen match up you're wrong, because there's nothing you can learn that will make that matchup one you can win.

This isn't a fighting game, and if it was 1/5th of the characters would be Sagat, another 1/5th Ryu, and everyone else would be Dan.

IsayFever

KzGEP.jpg

AP needs nerfing fo sho

Zissou

I'm not saying terrible match-ups don't exist- and given a significantly lopsided match-up, a battle between two people of roughly equal skill will be decided by the match-up. It's just it seems to me that match-up inequalities 1) exist deliberately as part of the design of the game and 2) unless you're at an extremely high level of play they don't matter nearly as much. I'm sure there are champs that can't counter hardly anyone, and they should be buffed, of course.

Feature

Banned
Hybrid Twitch is best Twitch.

EDIT: Expunge scales 100% with AP, so if you have 6 stacks of Deadly Venom on your target and even just 100 AP, you'll do 1500 magic damage to them from that one spell alone at the max level.

wut?

Expunge max damage = 150
+
100 ap
+ 6 stacks of passive = 6x60 = 360

= 250 + 360 = 610 max damage with 100 AP.

or am I missing something here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom