• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectraStar

NIOOOO KARTHUS PASSIVE NERF!! Why are they nerfing three of my babies (Sona, Karthus and Vlad) in one patch?
129088459358078957.jpg

Also, I'm learning Autodesk Maya right now, and the hotkeys for scale/move/select/rotate (the go-to's of 3D modeling) are Q-W-E-R.
I GOT THIS, BITCHES

Erasus

NIOOOO KARTHUS PASSIVE NERF!! Why are they nerfing three of my babies (Sona, Karthus and Vlad) in one patch?
Also, I'm learning Autodesk Maya right now, and the hotkeys for scale/move/select/rotate (the go-to's of 3D modeling) are Q-W-E-R.
I GOT THIS, BITCHES

They are fake.... Read the thread.

Cheezburger image, LOL QWER, patchnote whining, your post is gold

I'm actually ok with the Sona aura nerfs. But if they were to nerf the range on her ult...

I know the notes are fake, but a range nerf on her ult would be fuckin' scary.

129088459358078957.jpg

I GOT THIS, BITCHES

I'm totally going to bust into your class when I visit you and yell "ULT NOW" so that you mash R while you model something.

And then I will laugh. Heartily.

I'm actually ok with the Sona aura nerfs. But if they were to nerf the range on her ult...

I know the notes are fake, but a range nerf on her ult would be fuckin' scary.

I'm totally going to bust into your class when I visit you and yell "ULT NOW" so that you mash R while you model something.

Lo fucking l.

ElectraStar

I'm actually ok with the Sona aura nerfs. But if they were to nerf the range on her ult... I know the notes are fake, but a range nerf on her ult would be fuckin' scary.

scaled.php

BSOD_2.gif

129088459358078957.jpg

(I'm feeling very pictorial today.)

Also, I agree about the Sona ult nerf. That's like, almost half the range; my heart totally jumped when I saw that. WHO WOULD TROLL US LIKE THIS?!

Roybr

Hey guys!
Dandandanbr here.
I've been away for sooo long now, but ill have a good internet in my new home so next week ill be rock solid :)

Blizzard

Banned
scaled.php

BSOD_2.gif

129088459358078957.jpg

(I'm feeling very pictorial today.)

Also, I agree about the Sona ult nerf. That's like, almost half the range; my heart totally jumped when I saw that. WHO WOULD TROLL US LIKE THIS?!
This is the best post I have seen all day.

Hey guys!
Dandandanbr here.
I've been away for sooo long now, but ill have a good internet in my new home so next week ill be rock solid :)
Hey Dan the man! I was thinking several of the regulars hadn't been around. Of course I haven't been playing at all. :( Too much life/work stuff going on, and I've been trying to actually be productive.

Door2Dawn

Banned
What the fuck is this trend with people who play AD ranged telling other people to let them farm the minions. No motherfucker, I'm not letting you get all the money while I get jack shit.

Inskipp

What the fuck is this trend with people who play AD ranged telling other people to let them farm the minions.
Welcome to the meta.
It's not my job to babysit you.
That is exactly one of the many things what supports are meant to do.
People who bitch an moan about kill stealing pisses me off to.
I don't mind supports taking kills that would have otherwise not been acquired, or in the middle of a chaotic team fight, but intentionally taking kills that could have been easily finished off by your mates is wrong.

E: If you are honestly uncertain about how to play the support role properly, please read this guide

Boken

Banned
It's not JUST the meta. 0 CS support is mathematically the strongest team comp you can have - because AD carrys scale the best with gold.

If you want to win, you give AD carrys the gold.

Maybe you're not playing support. But if you both are going to fight over gold then you're both going to be weak.

EXGN

It's not JUST the meta. 0 CS support is mathematically the strongest team comp you can have - because AD carrys scale the best with gold.

If you want to win, you give AD carrys the gold.

Maybe you're not playing support. But if you both are going to fight over gold then you're both going to be weak.

If I'm playing blind or otherwise with people I don't know, I'm not gonna support random Joe Blow that instalocks an AD carry. They've lost me entirely too many games in the past.

EDIT: Just wanted to say that I do agree with your statement, and I even played support in a GAF in-house recently. Still, if you're playing with randoms, sometimes i think it's better to just do your own thing and ignore the meta.

Wrekt

That is exactly one of the many things what supports are meant to do.

I don't mind supports taking kills that would have otherwise not been acquired, or in the middle of a chaotic team fight, but intentionally taking kills that could have been easily finished off by your mates is wrong.

E: If you are honestly uncertain about how to play the support role properly, please read this guide

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he never said he was talking about playing as a support. I've had AD bots come up to mid to push a tower or something and get pissed that I take CS in my own lane. I argue that they should be hitting the tower while I take out the creeps because I can't cast on towers.

Then they spend the rest of the game running away from fights because they are "underfarmed" and blame me.

Edit: Ahh, nm

VALKYRAY

Banned
kassadin nerf on rifwalk and passive, for real? now hes good at nothing now.
yeah go nerf everyone cause i dont care anymore, I am done with this shit.

It's not my job to babysit you. People who bitch an moan about kill stealing pisses me off to.

Never play support. Ever. Or go bot with an AD carry.

If I'm playing blind or otherwise with people I don't know, I'm not gonna support random Joe Blow that instalocks an AD carry. They've lost me entirely too many games in the past.

EDIT: Just wanted to say that I do agree with your statement, and I even played support in a GAF in-house recently. Still, if you're playing with randoms, sometimes i think it's better to just do your own thing and ignore the meta.

Well, for that you usually go AP mid, bruiser top, or jungle and carry the game from there.

Or you go battlemage Soraka...

Pre-30 people ignore the meta anyway and no one can CS well. It's sometimes better to go double AD bot or something than play support for an AD who ignores creeps and spends all their time harassing.

Unranked games are a weird thing.

Pre-30 people ignore the meta anyway and no one can CS well. It's sometimes better to go double AD bot or something than play support for an AD who ignores creeps and spends all their time harassing.

Unranked games are a weird thing.

Pre-30 and unranked are different beasts, my man. Pre-30 games make no goddamn sense. Thank goodness Legato set me straight. Unranked post-300 wins is pretty decent, they at least follow the meta.

Wrekt

Pre-30 and unranked are different beasts, my man. Pre-30 games make no goddamn sense. Thank goodness Legato set me straight. Unranked post-300 wins is pretty decent, they at least follow the meta.

I'm at 130 wins and I recall playing precisely 1 game in the past 3 months that didn't follow the meta. It's trickled down pretty far.

Oddly enough, it was the one recent draft game I played. They picked 4 AP carries and Graves. I think I posted a screen shot of it a few pages back.

EXGN

Eh, I honestly wouldn't say that. If we play unranked fives than ya, people follow the meta, but when I play unranked solo/duo it's common to not even see an enemy jungler, let alone people playing the meta (I'm at 580 wins, like 550 losses).

When I play unranked solo, I do it to practice characters I don't play frequently. If people care that much about the meta they can go play ranked.

XeroSauce

So do we think we'll be getting the actual REAL patch notes sometime later today?

Monday night is usually the date for patch notes. So yes.

It's surprising how many people just skin through a thread on GAF, see one post, and post immediately without even reading the rest of the thread.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
When I played SR, I did it this way.

If my AD could land all the last hits, I let him have everything. If I see them missing left and right, I'd rather take it rather than waste gold. If they complained I told them to learn to last hit before whining about farm.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Monday night is usually the date for patch notes. So yes.

It's surprising how many people just skin through a thread on GAF, see one post, and post immediately without even reading the rest of the thread.

"Skim" and yes. Immediately after the patch notes I posted that it was most likely fake. Of course people read the wall of text and go OMGWTFBBQHAX?!!!!!

When I played SR, I did it this way.

If my AD could land all the last hits, I let him have everything. If I see them missing left and right, I'd rather take it rather than waste gold. If they complained I told them to learn to last hit before whining about farm.

As an AD bot, I am ok with this. If I fuck up a last hit, take it! No sense in wasting gold. However, if I see a repeated pattern of taking my last hit...

I don't play support. And I've been bot with plenty of AD carries and still won the game.

This question is not meant to be derisive; what level are you? At certain levels this is absolutely understandable.

Achtius

I don't play support. And I've been bot with plenty of AD carries and still won the game.

As an AD bot, I am ok with this. If I fuck up a last hit, take it! No sense in wasting gold. However, if I see a repeated pattern of taking my last hit...
This question is not meant to be derisive; what level are you? At certain levels this is absolutely understandable.

Gotta have an inhouse gaf game to settle this!

Level 30? Man, I don't know what to tell you, but you should know better. Hell, Wrekt here is telling us that the meta has trickled down to the 100-200 win area.

Gotta have an inhouse gaf game to settle this!

Only if I'm on the opposing side. I remember I got paired up with someone bot who was not a support in any way.

It's the only game I can recall actively raging against someone else. It was, unsurprisingly, a 20 minute loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom