• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Oh man, I just looked at the WW change and actually thought about it. That Ult is scary now.
How so? Am I not understanding something? It looks like before, if you built attack damage (do people do that on warwick?), you'd have 1.67 times say, 300 AD (if he had 100 base + 200 bonus). Now you'd just do 2.0 times the 200 bonus?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
How so? Am I not understanding something? It looks like before, if you built attack damage (do people do that on warwick?), you'd have 1.67 times say, 300 AD (if he had 100 base + 200 bonus). Now you'd just do 2.0 times the 200 bonus?

It seems like a minor change but that's a huge stat change especially when you consider that his ult is going for important champions in teamfights such as AP or AD Carry.

Blizzard

Banned
It seems like a minor change but that's a huge stat change especially when you consider that his ult is going for important champions in teamfights such as AP or AD Carry.
The numbers I just quoted do less damage now than before. What am I missing? The multiplier went up, but what it's multiplying went down.

kayos90

The numbers I just quoted do less damage now than before. What am I missing? The multiplier went up, but what it's multiplying went down.

I'm confused. The AD scaling increased to 2.0 and the base damage went up a lot. This is very good. Maybe I'm not reading it right...

Blizzard

Banned
I'm confused. The AD scaling increased to 2.0 and the base damage went up a lot. This is very good. Maybe I'm not reading it right...

Read the examples I typed out -- the base damage went up only 20, and the scaling only multiplies BONUS attack damage now, so it's multiplying less.

To take another example, say 80 base AD and 200 bonus AD,
Old: 1.67 * (80 + 200) = 1.67 * 280 = 468
New: 2.0 * 200 = 400 (plus 20 bonus base damage is 420)

It looks like to me that even with the base damage increase, it overall does less damage, unless there's some mechanic I don't understand.

kayos90

Read the examples I typed out -- the base damage went up only 20, and the scaling only multiplies BONUS attack damage now, so it's multiplying less.

To take another example, say 80 base AD and 200 bonus AD,
Old: 1.67 * (80 + 200) = 1.67 * 280 = 468
New: 2.0 * 200 = 400 (plus 20 bonus base damage is 420)

It looks like to me that even with the base damage increase, it overall does less damage, unless there's some mechanic I don't understand.

Alright I went to the League Forums. Sorry I just didn't get it. I understand now. I misread the bonus damage.

Ferga

Judging from the spotlight if you just hit terrain and not champs, the CD is lowered by 3-4secs(total of 3 second cooldown). Seems like it has a 7 second cooldown at rank 2

Ferga

From the spotlight: Nautilus gains 1AD per level and he practically doesn't get any AS per level. Level 9 to Level 10, he gained a total of 0.006 AS

He gains 3 armour per level and probably no MR. His health shield doesn't look like it's very good too. Gets broken through real easy.

His a full tank.

kayos90

Watched the spotlight a second time with the roommate. This champion is even more mediocre now that I've seen it twice. Which Champ designer made him? So bad... needs to be fired.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Watched the spotlight a second time with the roommate. This champion is even more mediocre now that I've seen it twice. Which Champ designer made him? So bad... needs to be fired.
Xypherous. He's done Orianna, Renekton, Riven, Fizz, and now Nautilus.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Worst Caitlyn I've ever seen in my life.

This explain why all new champion are either super OP or UP, they don't have anyone decent to test the champion.

Receive endless praise!

Now I know why junglers never play with me, I was too busy last hit to give them endless praise for the full duration of blue buff.

Gosh... Just fire him, please. So bad.

Ori is good champion, just got overnerfed. Renekton is really powerful in the right hand, not sure about Fizz and Riven.. dam op.

kayos90

im not sure if you're a troll poster or not

The champions that play certain roles, in this case Renekton & Riven is one set, seem all to familiar and not that inspired. I'm not trolling. I'm just saying I'm not seeing talent from him.

Flare

The champions that play certain roles, in this case Renekton & Riven is one set, seem all to familiar and not that inspired. I'm not trolling. I'm just saying I'm not seeing talent from him.

All his champs are pretty unique from the rest. Not seeing how you could come to the conclusion that they're similar - they're not.

kayos90

All his champs are pretty unique from the rest. Not seeing how you could come to the conclusion that they're similar - they're not.

Oh sorry, I didn't clarify. Sorry. Uh... I meant within his own creations. Not from the entire cast.

I have been BEASTING with Anivia lately, it's amazing how much burst dmg she can do if her attacks are utilized correctly. Love her, really wanna buy the mecha skin.

dimb

Except that Riven, Fizz, Orianna and Renekton are all ridiculously fun champs to play.
I think they all suffer from some fundamental design flaws, in spite of having some fun hooks to them. Fizz is the most egregious example. I just don't get what they designed him for. He isn't a good jungler, and he's even worse in lane. Champions who are unable to farm are really just left out in the cold with the way the game works right now, and Fizz just can't do what an AP mid needs to do or what a top lane needs to do.

Orianna is just another champion who is caught in a weird balance limbo. Instead of just making her a strong caster with some unique mechanics and a long range she has her damage lopped off and loads of support utility packed on instead.

And then there's Riven and Renekton. I'll just say that I have a rather strong distaste for champions with no resource management. Renekton is appropriately adjusted by having a rather weak late game and poor scaling, and proper ability use in conjuncture with Rage makes skill order use important. I don't really get what weaknesses Riven has beyond a lack of sustain, which can easily be overcome with items. She is going to be at a disadvantage against ranged laners, but what melee champ doesn't have that problem?

Xypherous has some interesting ideas, and he seems like a smart guy, but as a complete package his champions don't come together the way they should. The champions he's put out have two settings: too strong or really underwhelming. I guess we'll find out which Nautilus is soon enough.

dimb

Orianna is really strong imo. My friend plays her a lot and does huge damage with her.
I don't feel like her damage is great. She sacrifices a lot for that utility and range, that's just the way the numbers have to work. If you compare her to a straight damage mage like Annie her numbers fall way behind. With the way the meta works your AP mid is one of the most important roles though, and you need to be capable of doing more with the farm you get. Orianna doesn't scale well at all, which was less of a problem when she had better range to soften targets before direct combat, but it's not that easy now. I probably haven't seen Orianna in the last 50-100 matches I've played. Like, literally at all. I cannot think of any other champion that has been so shunned and forgotten by the community, and she used to show up all the time prior to the nerfs.
Who designed Ahri and which other champs have they done?
Ezreal did. He's designed and co-designed tons of champions. Original Jax, Annie, Amumu, Blitz, Caitlyn, Heimer, Jarvan, Kassadin, Kog'maw, Malzahar, Morgana, Nasus, Nocturne, Singed, Shyvana, Sion, Teemo, Warwick, Trist, Zilean, and a few others.

Boken

Banned
coming into this game new is a kick in the junk. Just had a smurf ziggs complain that I was a newb followed by constant all chat of blaming shit on "the newbs on his team" and team chat of "this is pissing me off".

Edit: Don't smurf.
Smurfs that yell at new people are dickheads. Luckily after 5 games(wins) they generally get kicked into the smurf zone. If they truely can't reach the smurf zone, they seriously suck. So be happy that youre almost as good as these level 30s : )

I understand the meta just fine. I just don't give a shit about it.
Your original comment made it sound like you had no idea why the AD carry was calling for farm. Not giving a shit does not sound like that.

Exactly what i thought as well. Dont get the cooldown on ward placement though. Do people spam wards non stop to prevent rammus rolls/blitz grabs or something?
You could accidentally queue up 2 wards in the same spot before, wasting a ward. This stops that.

I think the nerf was needed (not this much though) but it's sad that Riot succumbs to peer pressure so easily for crap like this.
Nerf needed... but this is merely peer pressure and crap?

AD warwick is terrible anyway

Gosh... Just fire him, please. So bad.
ok. I just wanted to call you out for this too. All those champions on the list are fine. Jury is out on Naut, but everything in that list is unique and different - and thats really what we need. Balance can be achieved through iteration. Boring champions don't get fixed by playing them a lot.

I think they all suffer from some fundamental design flaws, in spite of having some fun hooks to them. Fizz is the most egregious example. I just don't get what they designed him for. He isn't a good jungler, and he's even worse in lane. Champions who are unable to farm are really just left out in the cold with the way the game works right now, and Fizz just can't do what an AP mid needs to do or what a top lane needs to do.

Orianna is just another champion who is caught in a weird balance limbo. Instead of just making her a strong caster with some unique mechanics and a long range she has her damage lopped off and loads of support utility packed on instead.
That just sounds like you want him to design for the meta. People should just make champions and let them fit in or change the meta. The otherway around is simply a recursive exercise that establishes what we already have.

No one bans because of me? I'm actually not bad as her. I actually pride myself as one of the better Ahri players.
All I've seen is that you tried to surrender that one game =p

PS. New Shen sounds REAL OP

Blizzard

Banned
Xypherous. He's done Orianna, Renekton, Riven, Fizz, and now Nautilus.
Orianna is cool but hard to use, Renekton is cool but I'm not good at him.

Riven is one of my favorite three champions and possibly the first one I've ever found "fun" mechanically. Fizz is fun and hilarious, though I feel he's hard to fit into the meta. And I LOVE when a champion doesn't require resource management. I should learn Garen.

If that champion list is supposed to be bad, I'm not seeing it. :p Nautilus may be terrible, however, but at least the abilities -sound- reasonable.

dimb

That just sounds like you want him to design for the meta. People should just make champions and let them fit in or change the meta. The otherway around is simply a recursive exercise that establishes what we already have.
I don't want champions designed to the meta, but I think they ought to have some place in it. Without that what is the point of releasing the champion? At this point "the meta" has relatively stabilized. Champion viability largely comes down to numbers and a lack of weaknesses. The problem is that Riot went through a phase where they released a bunch of champions with no or few weaknesses, so if their new design philosophy is based around inherent and notable weaknesses the champs released in 2011 will continue to dominate.

It's nice to want the designers to just make whatever they feel like, but a lot of recent champions are just unusable in any kind of serious play and painfully pointless to the game. It would be one thing if they were stepping outside of the box and creating crazy champions, but in reality Nautilus isn't that different from Sejuani who isn't that different from Amumu. Does Volibear bring anything new to the table? Not really, he's just kind of a crummy laner and jungler who feels a lot like other champions in the game.

I don't think the meta can be ignored from a design perspective. Should Fiddlesticks never be changed now because he can't compete in the new jungle which has proven to best support AOE junglers? Thinking champions can just be designed and put out without any thought as to how they fit into the state of the game just feels unrealistically idealistic.

Feature

Banned
Just did some tribunals out of boredom. Damn some people are raging crazy! People flaming after 5 seconds in game and stuff like that...

I must admit I got my fair share of rage in me when playing LoL but that's just funny.

I pardon everyone that rages though, there's a mute function for that in the game. Feeders and AFKers get punished without a doubt.

Ark

Nautilus looks like Sejuani, good package, poor numbers.

Think I'll skip this champion. I still need to buy Wukong.

Jenga

Banned
Nautilus looks like Sejuani, good package, poor numbers.

Think I'll skip this champion. I still need to buy Wukong.
He's a pure tank. He doesn't need the numbers. He plays a bit like Udyr in the middle of a teamfight...only good luck trying to escape out of a teamfight with his Q.

He's so slow. It'd drive me crazy...

that's what ms quints + ms masteries are for

by boots 2 I get 405 ms

plus FoN? not bad. good luck trying to escape when a 400+ ms naut is running around

Einbroch

Banned
That Soraka nerf is idiotic. Well, there's one less support I'm going to play. I just don't understand. If they want us to just play carries and full tanks, then just take out supporters. So stupid.

Blizzard

Banned
That Soraka nerf is idiotic. Well, there's one less support I'm going to play. I just don't understand. If they want us to just play carries and full tanks, then just take out supporters. So stupid.
I think people would be even more upset if they just deleted Sona and Soraka instead of nerfing them. *shrug*

I think we need to make about 5 more maps and a non-dominion mode that lasts 10-20 minutes. And ideally a 4-lane map so we don't have to worry about the support/tank being too effective with no creep kills.

Nautilus looks kind of cool I guess. Although I am getting tired of seeing "places a shield around him" abilities on champions, seems like the last resort when they can't think of anything else to add as an ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom