• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ark

Is EU West down for anyone else? The server says it's busy and won't let me in :l

EDIT: Nevermind, the launcher didn't download the patch for me.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Nerf needed... but this is merely peer pressure and crap?

All I've seen is that you tried to surrender that one game =p

Sorry I should clarify. She needed a nerf but peer-pressure once again pushed the nerf overboard. To that second comment, in all honesty we should've lost that game. Normally people don't come back and as a result of that experiment, I'd rather not waste time and just surrender. Easier to go to the next game.

Ezreal did. He's designed and co-designed tons of champions. Original Jax, Annie, Amumu, Blitz, Caitlyn, Heimer, Jarvan, Kassadin, Kog'maw, Malzahar, Morgana, Nasus, Nocturne, Singed, Shyvana, Sion, Teemo, Warwick, Trist, Zilean, and a few others.

In all honesty, he is very nice with his designs. I've found all of these champions to a great mix, fun, somewhat unique, and shifts up the game a bit while still retaining it's essence and core.

Boken

Banned
Sorry I should clarify. She needed a nerf but peer-pressure once again pushed the nerf overboard. To that second comment, in all honesty we should've lost that game. Normally people don't come back and as a result of that experiment, I'd rather not waste time and just surrender. Easier to go to the next game.

I (Akali) and I think Bind (Cho) was so strong. I had free reign up top. 4/5 of their team couldn't deal with a strong akali.

:3

y2dvd

Thing is Shen still lacks a good CC. One taunt in a straight line doesn't cut it. I'd give him the ability to dash with no cd. Let him be able to dash twice with full energy and burn it all in exchance to possibly taunt the entire team. Or make his ult shield everyone but he tp's to target champ. I dunno, maybe the buff will see Shen maxing Q first now.

Einbroch

Banned
infinite mana sustain is idiotic

now ad bot is just a bit less terrible to play

Nerf it if you want, but to completely take it away?

That shit is only going to be used to silence people. Her heal costs way too much mana, the Starfall change is nice and all, but it's just making her more AP and less support.

y2dvd

Nerf it if you want, but to completely take it away?

That shit is only going to be used to silence people. Her heal costs way too much mana, the Starfall change is nice and all, but it's just making her more AP and less support.

For that kinda burst, it should take that much mana. It just means your ad carry can't play reckless anymore.

Sor - burst heal but huge mana cost
Sona - small heal but small mana cost
Taric - medium heal with long cd

I think they're heading in the right direction trying to balance out the supports.

Achtius

New Skins:

QQprq.jpg

twtttt.jpg

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Thing is Shen still lacks a good CC. One taunt in a straight line doesn't cut it. I'd give him the ability to dash with no cd. Let him be able to dash twice with full energy and burn it all in exchance to possibly taunt the entire team. Or make his ult shield everyone but he tp's to target champ. I dunno, maybe the buff will see Shen maxing Q first now.
Shen has always maxed Q first.

Having so much fun with Ziggs since he's free this week. His ult does so much damage. I have a feeling he is going to be hit with nerfs pretty soon.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Really? I always get 2 pts in Q for early lane phases and then max the others next.
His shield was really bad, dunno why you'd max it out early. Q was needed to jungle clear speed or for laning heal/harass, as the only way for him to really put out damage it was necessary to max it. Of all his abilities it gains the most from additional ranks, and it gets the most use out of any of his abilities.

MultiCore

I assisted SweetTooth in examining Natilus' jungle potential this morning.
He says he'll be better than Sej, but his hook is not a reliable escape tool.

Boken

Banned
His shield was really bad, dunno why you'd max it out early. Q was needed to jungle clear speed or for laning heal/harass, as the only way for him to really put out damage it was necessary to max it. Of all his abilities it gains the most from additional ranks, and it gets the most use out of any of his abilities.

His Q gains the most from level 2 - still. But his feint now is sooooo strong. Maxing W after leve 2 Q is def the way to go. Shen is clearly OP.

Blizzard

Banned
Shen has been OP for what, a matter of whole hours now? I demand a nerf, and ideally an Eve and Karma nerf while they're at it.

bjaelke

Just got back from holidays and saw the Shen buffs. Appears that they've improved him too much because he's constantly banned and I can't get around to play him...

Blizzard

Banned
Nerfs and bans have weird feedback loop behavior though. Even if someone doesn't need nerfed much, if enough people complain loudly enough, Riot may nerf them a bunch anyway.

If someone is nerfed even a little, you may almost completely stop seeing them. I hardly ever see Trondomore anymore. He may not be a good example, but I feel like there have been cases where someone lost 40 damage from an ability or something, and everyone stopped playing them.

Wrekt

Nerfs and bans have weird feedback loop behavior though. Even if someone doesn't need nerfed much, if enough people complain loudly enough, Riot may nerf them a bunch anyway.

If someone is nerfed even a little, you may almost completely stop seeing them. I hardly ever see Trondomore anymore. He may not be a good example, but I feel like there have been cases where someone lost 40 damage from an ability or something, and everyone stopped playing them.

See: Skarner

They increased some mana costs and he fell off the face of the planet. I had to jungle a draft game the other day and barely noticed a difference.

XeroSauce

Same thing happened with Riven, Fizz.

Jenga

Banned
uh, shen's good but I think "OMG HE OP!" is a complete overreaction.

of course, this could change very soon as people learn to optimize and kick ass with him

his ult still feels kinda lackluster tho

Ferga

Rofl can't play League. Start a game, everyone in the room gets a black screen. Noone can ban, noone can pick. There's a 30second+ lag on the chat.

This client... >.>

I think I can safely say, "If there's anything Riot has to remake next, it's their client."

It is seriously getting out of hand at this point.

Every single game I play I experience significant FPS drops here and there, sometimes I glitch and can't move anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.

I'm disconnecting on game loads every ten as well.

That combined with not even being able to start a game is getting on my nerves.

I wonder if Rayven can give us any sort of inside info. It seems like that game's stability is getting worse and worse.

Ferga

Riot chucked a sneaky nerf to Lee.

Resonating Strike (rank 1) has been reduced from 50 damage on both hits to 45 damage on both hits.

Just a bug though. Probably fixed in a day or 2

Volimar

Every single game I play I experience significant FPS drops here and there, sometimes I glitch and can't move anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.

I wonder if Rayven can give us any sort of inside info. It seems like that game's stability is getting worse and worse.

I get sudden fps drops whenever I combo while Ziggs. :/

MultiCore

But guise, clients don't make money... champs and skins do!

But seriously, I'm with you guys: Riot needs programmers, badly. Or needs output from their programmers.

Ark

I'm not getting any random disconnects, but I am getting the occasional 2-second FPS freeze up during a game every 3rd game or so. This week I've also had an issue where in joining a game I can't click on anything. I can type, see other people's speech and they can see mine but I just can't click anything. Only happened twice so far, once in a normal and once in a bot game.

Also; LoL is the only game I lagg in. It doesn't even make sense, it's pretty much every single game where I experience a lagg spike that lasts anywhere between 2 to 4 seconds, sometimes even longer. My internet speed is fine and I don't experience such lagg in any game, regardless of whether I'm playing it on PC, PS3, etc.

Ferga

Nautilus is so god damn fun to play

The hook skill is awesome for me since it isn't that punishing if you miss one. He hooks around every 4 seconds if you hit terrain. It's like i'm the god damn spiderman.

Jenga

Banned
Nautilus is so god damn fun to play

The hook skill is awesome for me since it isn't that punishing if you miss one. He hooks around every 4 seconds if you hit terrain. It's like i'm the god damn spiderman.

he gets into teamfights and makes people stick into them

so if a teamfight goes south for the enemy, usually the carry will run and you can just bring em back into it

also a great initiator

he's such a goddamn stylish tank, i love him to death

y2dvd

Taric & Sivir has got to be the best combo bot lane right now. Stun and easy landing Q is just way too easy to deal so much dmg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom