• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm not getting any random disconnects, but I am getting the occasional 2-second FPS freeze up during a game every 3rd game or so. This week I've also had an issue where in joining a game I can't click on anything. I can type, see other people's speech and they can see mine but I just can't click anything. Only happened twice so far, once in a normal and once in a bot game.

Also; LoL is the only game I lagg in. It doesn't even make sense, it's pretty much every single game where I experience a lagg spike that lasts anywhere between 2 to 4 seconds, sometimes even longer. My internet speed is fine and I don't experience such lagg in any game, regardless of whether I'm playing it on PC, PS3, etc.

I haven't had this recently, but I've had this happen to be a few times before. I can type, but I can't move or click or do anything. Only thing I can do is reload.

Biggest issue as of late is I've had two games last weekend where I just got booted after everyone loaded to 100%. So I have to reload, and pray I can get back in before things start.

I know some of my friends I play with have been having the 1-2 second click to movement lag though too.

They definitely need to do something to fix things though.

My favorite glitch that has been around ever since I started playing is the one that makes the entire bottom of the map black and all you can see is towers, enemies, and creeps.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
My favorite glitch that has been around ever since I started playing is the one that makes the entire bottom of the map black and all you can see is towers, enemies, and creeps.

There was a time where a person couldn't attack a tower even though the front towers were destroyed. Rofl.

Feature

Banned
Fuck me, got a warning from riot.

I understand they gave me a warning for some raging, but it also said feeding... that's complete bullshit, I've never fed ever. Okay I had some bad games, but nothing that would count as feeding...

Twisted Fate is my new favorite champ.

I was playing him at mid last night and having a lot more fun than normal. Then I saw this ridiculous guide this afternoon and tried it out tonight. Tons of fun. Atmogs TF is my new favorite bottom laner.

But I'll probably play AP more often. His q hits really really hard and it's very satisfying to watch 30% of the other guy's health disappear in a 1v1 lane.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
You're saying that like it's a bad thing.

It kinda is. I'm loving the new Shen, but I sincerely believe he is too strong at solo top. Vorpal gives him way to much harass and sustain.

The ninja's harmless yeah!

EDIT: Wow, I'm surprised by this post on the League forum. Read it and please tell me your thoughts.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1823875

I agree with that OP. Dota gets balance patches every few months and allows players to experiment and bust the game open instead of being forced to follow a developer intended meta.

bjaelke

Maybe I had forgotten but you can't cleanse WW's ult. Boogus!
I had problems with Sivir's spell shield earlier today. If WW had red buff it would trigger the shield and his ultimate would work without any problems for some stupid reason. Good thing I had support fiddle with me (speaking of solo queue).

EXGN

I had problems with Sivir's spell shield earlier today. If WW had red buff it would trigger the shield and his ultimate would work without any problems for some stupid reason. Good thing I had support fiddle with me (speaking of solo queue).

You sure he wasn't swiping you with Q first?

Sardello

I'm really enjoying Sona and Jenna in this period.

Couldn't imagine that playing as support could deliver so much fun. I don't know what dead is and assist count is ovahdah 99999 limit

Blizzard

Banned
WW is becoming a pretty big balance issue too, no idea why they buffed him
I'm going to hire a butler to throw periods at the end of your posts.

Are you seeing warwicks in lanes or just in the jungle? In the jungle, everyone said he was terribly slow, right? I'm not sure how the changes affect things except possibly to make him kill single monsters a little more quickly.

If he's building AD, someone said in this thread that AD warwick is terrible.

So what's left, an ult that does more damage than it used to?

Jenga

Banned
I'm going to hire a butler to throw periods at the end of your posts.

Are you seeing warwicks in lanes or just in the jungle? In the jungle, everyone said he was terribly slow, right? I'm not sure how the changes affect things except possibly to make him kill single monsters a little more quickly.

If he's building AD, someone said in this thread that AD warwick is terrible.

So what's left, an ult that does more damage than it used to?

except nobody does jungle WW anymore, they go lane and become an immovable object and farm until mid-late game when he's running around soloing carries

bjaelke

Looks like sales are starting to include more champions

Fizz champion (regularly 975 RP) will be only 487 RP
Rumble champion (regularly 975 RP) will be only 487 RP
Karthus champion (regularly 975 RP) will be only 487 RP
Nidalee champion (regularly 975 RP) will be only 487 RP
Twisted Fate champion (regularly 585 RP) will be only 292 RP
Also Reginald is having another meltdown right now on his stream.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I really wish Riot would 1) include IP drops for temporary sales and 2) permanently drop IP prices for older heroes. Hasn't it been like 3 months since the last IP price drop?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Yeah, I know.

Double IP/all characters unlocked weekends would be nice again, though. I think it's been over a year since they've done anything like that.

Boken

Banned
And champion rentals.
And Skin gifting. (think of the money, Riot!) - although, with all the free RP they give out, people would just make a bunch of alts to farm free skins... sad.

@Wrekt: 975/487RP is a 6300IP champ price bro.

Wrekt

Oh man, Karthus is going on sale? I'm so conflicted.

He's 3150 IP and I have about 2500 saved up (but I still need a couple AD runes.) He's also on sale this weekend and I have about 1k RP collecting dust. But then again, I've never played him and he hasn't been up on a free week in over 6 months.

Decisions decisions.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Oh man, Karthus is going on sale? I'm so conflicted.

He's 3150 IP and I have about 2500 saved up (but I still need a couple AD runes.) He's also on sale this weekend and I have about 1k RP collecting dust. But then again, I've never played him and he hasn't been up on a free week in over 6 months.

Decisions decisions.

Karthus is a part of the Champions Pack - which is a boatload of cool champs for 3k-ish RP

Looks like sales are starting to include more champions.
I wish it would include more 75% off sales. I missed out when Vayne was 75% off around Christmas

Wrekt

Karthus is a part of the Champions Pack - which is a boatload of cool champs for 3k-ish RP

I wish it would include more 75% off sales. I missed out when Vayne was 75% off around Christmas

I bought the original CE but he isn't included in that pack. I own half of the 2nd pack already, and I'm fairly certain it would be cheaper to just buy the rest of them rather than pay for the entire pack.

red13th

Xypherous on Sona being a design mistake
that should be swiftly deleted

There's a slight miscommunication here between 'Support' as in 'Can be played bottom lane with zero CS' and 'Support' as in 'I can babysit my allies, counter enemy harass and undo my team's mistakes.'

Leona/Blitz/Galio/Soraka/Sona/Taric/etc. can all be played in the 'I can go bot lane with zero CS'

However, Leona/Blitz/Galio and others can't babysit their allies and counter enemy harass. They have to kill the opponent to win that lane - in exchange, because they lack the ability to reverse enemy harass and support the team, they get chain CC and lockdown CC.

Sona, however, doesn't give up anything in her 'aid ally' kit to have access to that form of lockdown CC.

In contrast with her closest cousin, Alistar gives up harass potential, mitigation, long range initiation, and has subpar initiation for a tank because he has an incredibly weak heal other ability. I mean, contrast Leona and Alistar, where Leona can simply decimate you in lane with a proper setup and sunlight procs --> Alistar gives up quite a bit for being a kill tank because he can heal someone else for 80.

In the end, it's all about trade-offs. You pick one support over the other because they are better at some things and worse at other things. If a support lets you have access to an ability you typically wouldn't have, you should be weak in some other area to compensate. We don't mind AoE lockdown teams being played - we mind it if they have free access to it without any tradeoffs being made.

I don't usually like what Xypherous says but I sure love it when he agrees with me.
Hue hue hue.

EXGN

Xypherous on Sona being a design mistake
that should be swiftly deleted

I don't usually like what Xypherous says but I sure love it when he agrees with me.
Hue hue hue.

His whole point seems to say "support" champions either have hard CC (kill lanes) or heal (sustain lanes) and he points to Sona as being a broken anomaly by that rhetoric. But then what about Taric? He has long range initiation CC with his stun and a heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom