• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Door2Dawn

Banned
I'm having a of fun with Volibear. I might buy him when I get enough points.

Frozen Mallet, Wormogs, Ionic Spark, Merch treads, and Malreds Bloodrazor seems like a pretty good build.

red13th

His whole point seems to say "support" champions either have hard CC (kill lanes) or heal (sustain lanes) and he points to Sona as being a broken anomaly by that rhetoric. But then what about Taric? He has long range initiation CC with his stun and a heal.

He specifically mentions AoE disables, Taric's single target. And he also points to Alistar saying him having a heal makes his other abilities not being as good as they could potentially be.
Those are some nice posts there imo.

Ferrio

Banned
He specifically mentions AoE disables, Taric's single target. And he also points to Alistar saying him having a heal makes his other abilities not being as good as they could potentially be.
Those are some nice posts there imo.

Not to mention taric can't harass like sona.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The ninja's harmless yeah!

EDIT: Wow, I'm surprised by this post on the League forum. Read it and please tell me your thoughts.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1823875

Just read this post as well as Phreak's reply. I mostly agree with the post though I get where Phreak is coming from. Sometimes things are just OP and need to be brought in line. I feel like they are over cautious and Riot just errors on the side of lets nerf it as it COULD be OP verses just letting some stuff play out.

Ark

Jungle Malphite is so good, seriously.

Tried playing top as Irelia again today, promptly lost to the Akali I was against. Think I'll put Irelia on the side and use Wukong as my de-facto solo top now.

EXGN

Bah, Fizz and Rumble have been on my "interested in buying list" for so long, but I don't wanna do it without trying them first.

Ark

I really don't see where Fizz fits in, there are other champions that are better picks than him tbh. Rumble is still unknown really.

AcridMeat

Banned
Rumble is a great solo top. Fizz is a hard fit, honestly most of my success with him was bot but people like metas so they never allow it.

Jenga

Banned
got in a game crushed by udyr ganks

the only time udyr ganks are ever successful is when you are overextended and are too cheap/stupid to ward

nothing is more infuriating than playing a jungler and watch your team get picked apart fuck

Ferrio

Banned
got in a game crushed by udyr ganks

the only time udyr ganks are ever successful is when you are overextended and are too cheap/stupid to ward

nothing is more infuriating than playing a jungler and watch your team get picked apart fuck

Then get blamed for it too.

UncleBiz

I recently started playing tiger Udyr jungle instead of Phoenix.. I know it's not technically better and clears camps slower but for some reason I like it a lot more. I think it's because I can usually get two Q's off in a gank before someone runs away, and that does a ton of damage early game.

Jenga

Banned
I recently started playing tiger Udyr jungle instead of Phoenix.. I know it's not technically better and clears camps slower but for some reason I like it a lot more. I think it's because I can usually get two Q's off in a gank before someone runs away, and that does a ton of damage early game.

it has it's pluses, it's not bad if the team is already tanky

XeroSauce

I'm getting so many conflicting reports.

Is Warwick's passive life steal flat, or is it affected by enemy MR?

It's flat.

EDIT: Wow maybe I have to double check myself.

EDIT2: Apparently it IS affected by MR but you would heal the same amount as if you were doing true damage. I'm gonna double check this again.

So damage is affected, but heal is same?

I keep rereading the wiki and I assume it's the case. It just says "deals magic damage and heals for same amount". It didn't really say something like "heals based on magic damage done".

XeroSauce

So damage is affected, but heal is same?

I keep rereading the wiki and I assume it's the case. It just says "deals magic damage and heals for same amount". It didn't really say something like "heals based on magic damage done".

Yea, that's what it appears to be.

You deal 50 damage. The enemy has some MR so they only take 35 damage. However, you still heal 50 HP (damage dealt).

Ferga

Yea, that's what it appears to be.

You deal 50 damage. The enemy has some MR so they only take 35 damage. However, you still heal 50 HP (damage dealt).

Swain use to be like that... then they nerfed him :(

There wasn't even any qq on the forums about swain too

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Shen is pretty ridiculous. They're going to nerf his ult or something I bet. Be a boss in lane, do whatever you want around the map, ult into team fights and win. Paired with other hard CCs he can really destroy. He might even make Fiddle much more viable, because they actually have great synergy. Combine ults, throw out fears, taunts, and silences while doing loads of damage.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Shen is pretty ridiculous. They're going to nerf his ult or something I bet. Be a boss in lane, do whatever you want around the map, ult into team fights and win. Paired with other hard CCs he can really destroy. He might even make Fiddle much more viable, because they actually have great synergy. Combine ults, throw out fears, taunts, and silences while doing loads of damage.

Good with Noc IMO as well because of his E that fears people as well as the normal Noc damage.

y2dvd

If you get to do wolves / blue / golems and lee still hasn't done red by then, he's jungling wrong.

Not really. The fastest way to get the most outta jungling when starting at wolves is wolves / blue / wraiths / golems / red (smite cd should be done when doing red) / wraiths. The skip from wraiths to golems can give him enough time to counter jungle red.

Of course, I like to start at red and gank at lvl 2 so that counter jungler won't work on me. XD

I love Ashe's slight stat buffs. It feels like I could actually trade blows with other ad ranges now. I find myself winning the trades when I pick my spots.

Feature

Banned
Not really. The fastest way to get the most outta jungling when starting at wolves is wolves / blue / wraiths / golems / red (smite cd should be done when doing red) / wraiths.

Of course, I like to start at red and gank at lvl 2 so that counter jungler won't work on me. XD

I love Ashe's slight stat buffs. It feels like I could actually trade blows with other ad ranges now. I find myself winning the trades when I pick my spots.

That might be the case for a mana dependant jungler, but a Lee sin, who's maybe one of the strongest jungle gankers at level 2 isn't and benefits way more from wraits > red > golem > gank. Preferably other team's red so you can gank top lane super fast.

It's the best jungling way for me with Lee sin as I prefer to gank fast to surprise to other lanes.

y2dvd

That might be the case for a mana dependant jungler, but a Lee sin, who's maybe one of the strongest jungle gankers at level 2 isn't and benefits way more from wraits > red > golem > gank. Preferably other team's red so you can gank top lane super fast.

It's the best jungling way for me with Lee sin as I prefer to gank fast to surprise to other lanes.

Oh, I totally agree. Just pointing out if someone as Lee starts with wolves, why Ferga could have the window to counter jungle Lee's red.

Just played a game as support rumble with a tristana. We won the lane and the game. AHAHAH NEW META.

Unranked solo queue throws up some funny stuff.

I did that exact same setup in a ranked game not too long ago with similar results. It wasn't my intention to go support rumble, but some later pick just went with another top and I knew if they went bot they'd screw up our carry more than help so I let them have top.

I think having a bully bot instead of support is underrated.

EXGN

I did that exact same setup in a ranked game not too long ago with similar results. It wasn't my intention to go support rumble, but some later pick just went with another top and I knew if they went bot they'd screw up our carry more than help so I let them have top.

I think having a bully bot instead of support is underrated.

I did the same recently as well. In unranked blind solo, I did LeBlanc support. Kog farmed minions, I farmed enemy champions.

Also, fuck free Lee Sin week. Played LB mid, LS decided not to jungle but went duo top. Enemy picked Sion, who can push LB hard. I specifically said that he would out CS me if one of the side lanes didn't gank.

I go 4/0 early game from catching the enemy Skarner in our jungle a few times, but Sion was able to push into my lane and keep me there while he ganked the sides. He like doubled my CS and went 11/2. Our Lee Sin kept saying I was feeding, despite going 11/3, while he kept getting ganked like a moron. He went 2/9. FUUUUUUUUUUUU.

dimb

Been awhile since I've played Skarner, and I forgot how much he could control team fights. Better slows than most other champs, still gets a decent damage output, ult for displacement and control on champs who need the suppress. Nobody ever gets away. So much easier to carry a game as him than most other junglers.

Blizzard

Banned
I did the same recently as well. In unranked blind solo, I did LeBlanc support. Kog farmed minions, I farmed enemy champions.

Also, fuck free Lee Sin week. Played LB mid, LS decided not to jungle but went duo top. Enemy picked Sion, who can push LB hard. I specifically said that he would out CS me if one of the side lanes didn't gank.
That's weird, though maybe I'm just terrible. In my experience as AP sion mid, leblanc was one of those people (like nunu or anivia or irelia?) who can do enough burst damage with one or two abilities to completely burst your shield at low levels, which costs you huge amounts of mana as sion and leaves you underfarmed.

If it's later game and sion has been able to farm up AP items, then ok maybe.

Ferrio

Banned
That's weird, though maybe I'm just terrible. In my experience as AP sion mid, leblanc was one of those people (like nunu or anivia or irelia?) who can do enough burst damage with one or two abilities to completely burst your shield at low levels, which costs you huge amounts of mana as sion and leaves you underfarmed.

If it's later game and sion has been able to farm up AP items, then ok maybe.

No point breaking his shield with leblanc. She *can't* farm, so the only money she gets is through hero kills. If she blows her huge long cooldowns on breaking the shield she won't be getting kills on sion.

dimb

No point breaking his shield with leblanc. She *can't* farm, so the only money she gets is through hero kills. If she blows her huge long cooldowns on breaking the shield she won't be getting kills on sion.
Couldn't you jump him after he tries to farm with his shield and it goes off? Dunno, I don't play Leblanc.

Ferrio

Banned
Couldn't you jump him after he tries to farm with his shield and it goes off? Dunno, I don't play Leblanc.

You mean breaking his shield or waiting until after it pops? I was just telling Summons that breaking his shield as leblanc is useless, it gets you nothing as leblanc. Best to wait for him to farm a wave with it then go after his ass.

Hauk

Neo Member
Played as Ziggs today, after I had the courage to jump into pvp with just one match's experience, and we got fucking crushed by enemy team. Not because of me, surprisingly I had the 2nd best score, but thanks to our disconnecting Wukong and enemy's Nautilus. Naut was so damn durable and somehow impossibru to kill. He survived many fights with 3 of us going against him and just walking it out and waiting for his teammates to arrive, at which point we had blown many spell cds on him and were generally bad at focusing. But yea, he really fits the tank role best I think, a disruptive tank with all those spells. That ulti is annoying and his stunning attacks and slows. Surprised me wholly.

dimb

You mean breaking his shield or waiting until after it pops? I was just telling Summons that breaking his shield as leblanc is useless, it gets you nothing as leblanc. Best to wait for him to farm a wave with it then go after his ass.
I meant right after it pops. He'd be out of his only real damage dealer/absorber and he has to move in to use it. Only thing that could go wrong is that his minion wave could still be up and yours wouldn't.

Blizzard

Banned
I meant right after it pops. He'd be out of his only real damage dealer/absorber and he has to move in to use it. Only thing that could go wrong is that his minion wave could still be up and yours wouldn't.
In my experience as Sion, this is what you would do, yes. Use an ability/aa/combo of some sort to burst his shield, which means he doesn't do any damage to you or the minion wave. The key thing is to then be able to do one extra ability hit or autoattack since he can't shield it and can't heal it off (no ult at early levels). You're ranged versus melee so he can't hit you either, unless he uses his stun. And if he used that, he's burned like 200 mana on two hits, which really hurts sion.

So basically I feel like you can sometimes harass and drive him out of lane as long as your high damage abililties cost less than Sion's expensive shield. However, that may leave you underfarmed as well.

Ferrio

Banned

Doesn't matter about the minions. Leblanc is in and out before they can do anything. Also minions pushing to tower only helps leblanc.

EXGN

In my experience as Sion, this is what you would do, yes. Use an ability/aa/combo of some sort to burst his shield, which means he doesn't do any damage to you or the minion wave. The key thing is to then be able to do one extra ability hit or autoattack since he can't shield it and can't heal it off (no ult at early levels). You're ranged versus melee so he can't hit you either, unless he uses his stun. And if he used that, he's burned like 200 mana on two hits, which really hurts sion.

So basically I feel like you can sometimes harass and drive him out of lane as long as your high damage abililties cost less than Sion's expensive shield. However, that may leave you underfarmed as well.

I was winning the lane at the beginning by a combo of bursting his shield and then poking at him after his shield popped. After a few levels, I wasn't able to pop his shield without blowing two or three of my spells, so even though he wouldn't do any damage, neither could I.

I drove him out of lane a few times early, but couldn't kill him because he had summoner heal + ulti later down the line. So even though I got him to back, he would just come back with more rings + a better shield. Eventually he just pushed me into my own tower and then gank top/bot with the jungler. I couldn't harass him for more damage than he could restore with pots + summoner heal + ulti.

What ultimately cost us the match was that he could leave lane and get back without losing much EXP/farm (especially since my teamates would fall to the ganks), whereas I was stuck in the lane except for a few rare occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom