• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT5| Premade Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekofrog

Banned
Wow, totally saved that game.

After riot disconnected me, I reconnected and everyone was 6. Turns out their support DC'ed as well, so it was even.

This was truly a bronze game, both teams chasing each other halfway across the map until I started barking orders. By midgame, my orders were getting us objectives, and they started calling me General Thresh, "sir yes sir!"

Fun times. Wish I had kept streaming it.

zkylon

zkylewd
she's a pretty decent top laner, right? kinda that unexpected but valid top like Vayne and Quinn?
well I'd say she's more legit than vayne and quinn, but maybe I'm knocking them off without knowing

but yea I think she's pretty good, might not be ideal against everyone but her early game is pretty beast and she has a shit ton of cc, you can splitpush or countergank bot lane with tp, all that crap.

I'd like to play a couple times against shyvanna and see how she fares since manaless champions might give her trouble. then again both shy and mundo have no gapclosers so she can easily kite them out forever

ha, I dunno, I like playing annie and lizzy support because top laners for some reason like to act like you're not ranged and you don't have a shit ton of early game harass and so I always end up diving a renekton at level 3 or something with annie lol

it's hilarious

I wish I were as good as you guys. I'm that guy people complain about having on their team. I guess I have a lot to learn about the game. I'm pretty nervous about playing without my friends because I know I would get trashed on for playing horribly, but at the same time, I feel bad for holding my friends back.

DeadNames

Banned
I wish I were as good as you guys. I'm that guy people complain about having on their team. I guess I have a lot to learn about the game. I'm pretty nervous about playing without my friends because I know I would get trashed on for playing horribly, but at the same time, I feel bad for holding my friends back.

Dont worry. Just play and if they get pissed at you, theyre probs shitty friends. I play with people who are bronze 5 and I dont get mad at em. My other friend, however, is the most toxic player I have ever met.

Nekofrog

Banned

Play with some GAFfers. We'll coach you as you go. I was totally that guy when I started too, but have made a lot of improvements since then.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm I think I may try doto for a while, since I exhausted all the waifus in this game

any good heros for me to play? I think I like that robo dude that can snare its own team lol

people get mad no matter what rank they are

nobody wants to accept blame for fucking up so they'll shift it to someone else

and even if you fucked up there's probably 10 different things you can do to come back, specially if you're communicating somewhat.

Edwardo

hmm I think I may try doto for a while, since I exhausted all the waifus in this game

any good heros for me to play? I think I like that robo dude that can snare its own team lol

and even if you fucked up there's probably 10 different things you can do to come back, specially if you're communicating somewhat.

Clockwerk? I played him alot when he was released in old dota. Didnt play him much in dota 2. He's alot of fun and his ult has a crazy range.

Mothman91

Really depends your style of play. I really like the assassin type heroes like bounty hunter and stealth assasin.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk

Earth Spirit is a fun and beginner friendly champion.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! My friends never get upset with me, so that's why I enjoy playing with them. Every time I play a normal, I'm playing with either one friend or four others. As long as one of them is present, I feel okay. But occasionally, when it's not a full team of my friends and me, the stranger usually complains about me because I did something wrong. I know I shouldn't let it affect me, but it's pretty discouraging.

My cousin usually tells me what to build and what to do. He was in Gold I, so he's relatively good. If I'm playing Ezreal, he always tells me when to go in and where to throw my ultimate. I think I need to stop relying on them, though. I always depend on them to know when it's smart to jump in and assist in a fight or run away to avoid giving away kills.

Anyway, I think I need to learn all of the different roles. I really like playing Riven top, Veigar middle, and Ezreal bottom (actually, he's my only ADC, so that's why I say it's him). For Jungling, I normally use Warwick, but I just bought Udyr yesterday (I didn't realize he was free this week). I don't really buy Riot Points, so I'm just spending IP as I see I need Champions. I bought Annie because she was cheap, so I'm using her for Support, but I'm seriously God-awful at support.

I'm just clueless when it comes to playing new champions because I always have to Google a guide to put in the optimal Masteries and build, so if I'm every playing a character I'm new to, I never know what to do. I'm about to go play Solo to try to be matched with players around my skill level, but I don't feel like fighting over roles so I normally take whatever role is left. I have never even touched Ranked Matches (I don't own the required number of Champions anyway).

Subtle

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! My friends never get upset with me, so that's why I enjoy playing with them. Every time I play a normal, I'm playing with either one friend or four others. As long as one of them is present, I feel okay. But occasionally, when it's not a full team of my friends and me, the stranger usually complains about me because I did something wrong. I know I shouldn't let it affect me, but it's pretty discouraging.

My cousin usually tells me what to build and what to do. He was in Gold I, so he's relatively good. If I'm playing Ezreal, he always tells me when to go in and where to throw my ultimate. I think I need to stop relying on them, though. I always depend on them to know when it's smart to jump in and assist in a fight or run away to avoid giving away kills.

Anyway, I think I need to learn all of the different roles. I really like playing Riven top, Veigar middle, and Ezreal bottom (actually, he's my only ADC, so that's why I say it's him). For Jungling, I normally use Warwick, but I just bought Udyr yesterday (I didn't realize he was free this week). I don't really buy Riot Points, so I'm just spending IP as I see I need Champions. I bought Annie because she was cheap, so I'm using her for Support, but I'm seriously God-awful at support.

I'm just clueless when it comes to playing new champions because I always have to Google a guide to put in the optimal Masteries and build, so if I'm every playing a character I'm new to, I never know what to do. I'm about to go play Solo to try to be matched with players around my skill level, but I don't feel like fighting over roles so I normally take whatever role is left. I have never even touched Ranked Matches (I don't own the required number of Champions anyway).

are you level 30?

zkylon

zkylewd
sorry should've added a couple requirements:
* preferably ranged or has ranged spells
* is somewhat annoying for the enemy team
* is not ugly
* preferably female (no judgerino pls)
* is not the spider champion
* not too hard to play but is at least half interesting (like don't give me doto soraka or something)

so far I like doto blitzcrank, that dude that can use his own allies as a weapon or someone, that io thing that can attach itself to shit and that's about it. a lot of the ones I was kind of interested looked pretty boring in game like that snake lady

bgbball31

Just had an insane 54 minute game in my second placement game. We were down most of the game. Their support Nid got fed off Lee ganks all day, but their ADC came out of lane 0/4, so ultimately it wasn't too helpful. We lost objective after objective, eventually losing our mid inhib. We put a stand at our nexus turrets at that point, won the team fight and tore down their middle lane to take their inhib as our respawned. Eventually, their Lee went off to solo Baron while the rest of their team bum rushed our base. We wiped them cleanly, and with the like 50 second times, pushed top and bot to the inhib turrets. We grouped top, won a fight their, took their inhib, and finished the game.

Those are the games that remind me why I love playing this. That we won obviously helped though, as did the fact that I literally didn't die in the last 30 minutes of the game (I was support Lulu.)

Mothman91

* is not ugly
* not too hard to play but is at least half interesting (like don't give me doto soraka or something)

so far I like doto blitzcrank, that dude that can use his own allies as a weapon or someone, that io thing that can attach itself to shit and that's about it. a lot of the ones I was kind of interested looked pretty boring in game like that snake lady

Drow Ranger lol. Or Mirana.

aka Superior Ashe.

Thing is she's all auto attack. 2 auras, a AA slow, and a aoe silence spell. Pretty much a carry.

zkylon

zkylewd

don't think so hard about it yet

sounds to me like you have few games under your belt so it's normal that you suck. if you play with your friends and you're just carried you can ask them to allow you to maybe solo lane or give you a bit of more advanced hints so you don't just go into solo queue and end up in some cesspit while you could easily end up in mid silver or something if you just waited a bit and fully understood basic game shit

like just play more games, if you get harassed by people mute them and try to carry on with the game. get some good music on and just focus on your shit. it can be helped to get a bit pissed at people blaming you but well, try your best

Nekofrog

Banned
* is not ugly

consider yourself judgerino'd.

DeadNames

Banned
The only dota people I played were clockework, morphling and rubick.

I had no idea what I was getting, and sniper was fucking bullshit with his massive range.

are you level 30?

Yeah, but it's literally just because of my friends and particularly my cousin. We used to play Normal games and even ARAM games very often. In that entire span of time I think I played by myself only once or twice. I think I play Riven top mostly, and if I'm completely shut down, my friends either dig me out of the hole or we lose. Very rarely do I win my lane while my friends lose theirs, but I do win my lane occasionally.

scy

* is not ugly

Queen of Pain, Windrunner, Lina, maybe Rylai. Templar Assassin too?

zkylon

zkylewd
Forgot about her, one of the few spell/intel based heroes that can carry.
what does that mean?

Drow Ranger lol. Or Mirana.

aka Superior Ashe.

Thing is she's all auto attack. 2 auras, a AA slow, and a aoe silence spell. Pretty much a carry.
I kinda already play ashe in lol, dunno if I want another one :/

Queen of Pain, Windrunner, Lina, maybe Rylai. Templar Assassin too?
ty

templar assasin I was looking at too, she seems cool

FACE

Banned
* is not ugly

Meepo :D

scy

what does that mean?

Generally, a hard carry in doto isn't INT based due to how stats and skills and so-on work. QoP just does a lot of damage.

Honestly, I'm surprised you haven't played Windrunner. She's like the Lux of the game. Has a pseudo-skillshot based snare and a long-range snipe, though the rest of her kit is pretty different. And, well, her laugh.

yes I know they changed her name, she's still Windrunner to me

zkylon

zkylewd
fuck you :D

In dota only* auto attacks scale. She has a good auto attack animation or something like that.
Most spells dont scale in Dota so most spell based heroes can't carry. Though QOP has enough nuke to make her power all game.
Generally, a hard carry in doto isn't INT based due to how stats and skills and so-on work. QoP just does a lot of damage.
oh wow, that's crazy

these things are really interesting, biggest reason I want to play doto is just see these differences

so what do mages do late game? they're like cc bots or something?

Honestly, I'm surprised you haven't played Windrunner. She's like the Lux of the game. Has a pseudo-skillshot based snare and a long-range snipe, though the rest of her kit is pretty different. And, well, her laugh.

yes I know they changed her name, she's still Windrunner to me
I think you just sold me a champion

Leezard

fuck you :D

oh wow, that's crazy

these things are really interesting, biggest reason I want to play doto is just see these differences

I think you sold me
Yup. But people can (and do) buy an item that makes you magic immune making mages useless for a limited time.

Azulsky

so why go mages?

You have a pretty fair divide between Nukers and Carrys. Nukers can have ridiculous output aka Syndra(Lina) and the Carryish mages are going to be mana gated instead of CD gated, Storm Spirit is a good example.

The midgame seems a ton longer in DOTA than lol. Mages shine there.

Lategame carries in DOTA are like S1 LoL where that 6 item ashe just kills your tank in a handful of shots.

Azulsky

Can you like, talk about DOTA in the DOTA thread plx? D:

Shush.

Actually for League Talk.

Does Riot list any of the server IP's for NA. I want to traceroute to see if my packets are going to far off regions. Been having a bunch of off skipping lag that isnt correlating to ping spiking at all today. Also my ping is up to a stable 150 again since S4 patch and previously it was 70

Leezard

That's the trade off with CC generally being easier to land and doing more. There has to be an item like that or carries can't do anything.

Pretty much. It's the Flash of Dota.

Can you like, talk about DOTA in the DOTA thread plx? D:

Yeah.. Sorry.

Congrats to getting Gold right out of placements! :)

I guess more people are finishing their placements now. Have Soraka's Caviars died with S3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom