• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
they changed the range of his boomerang bounce, which was huge and i'm pretty sure they buffed either his base stats or one of his abilities, which was also huge.

Ferrio

Banned
they changed the range of his boomerang bounce, which was huge and i'm pretty sure they buffed either his base stats or one of his abilities, which was also huge.

They increased the hit box a bit and it's bounce back algorithm. His ult got an ap ratio. Believe the other stuff didn't make it past PBE.

They really weren't big changes.

23qwerty

loving matchmaking lately...
mAsMSZq.png

Ferga

People laughed at me, thought I was insane, who's laughing now ?!?! muahahaha

I always knew. That's why i dreaded the buffs.

Complained to achtius a lot when he was first released too.

Something along the lines of: if gnar ever makes it into the meta, top lane is going to be terrible. His cc and damage is absurd even when he's tanky

Sofo

loving matchmaking lately...
mAsMSZq.png

I actually don't mind it when I play vs higher elo than me. I think it's a motivation. Of course you could argue it's normals but if it will give you anything to improve with, I'll take it!

Elaborate! I love dem ingame/postgame drama. I want you to tell me you made them suffer!

People laughed at me, thought I was insane, who's laughing now ?!?! muahahaha

Still sounding insane, buddy! ;3

Pd. Btw, what is with these premades and saying they had a dc, when clearly they did not. 2 of the Warwick wins yesterday they were like "our sona was afk". No she fucking wasn't, she ulted last team fight? Is it just to diminish the victory? Just petty imo! (Like, I have the replays, she was NOT afk).

drawkcaB

Just played another Sion top match. 3-2 W/L so far with 17.67 KDA across 5 games. The two losses both started with AFKs, one a mid Yasuo who never showed up and one a bot Lucian but once he showed up our mid disconnected. He's exactly what I was looking for a top laner. Just someone I can play here and there when I have to and reliably grind the opposing player down.

23qwerty

I actually don't mind it when I play vs higher elo than me. I think it's a motivation. Of course you could argue it's normals but if it will give you anything to improve with, I'll take it!

not when its friday and i got off from a rough day of work and just want to drink and play some league :(

Sofo

Just played another Sion top match. 3-2 W/L so far with 17.67 KDA across 5 games. The two losses both started with AFKs, one a mid Yasuo who never showed up and one a bot Lucian but once he showed up our mid disconnected. He's exactly what I was looking for a top laner. Just someone I can play here and there when I have to and reliably grind the opposing player down.

I think people underestimate Sion, and sometimes even disregard his passive. So annoying when I see my team mates stand next to it after it dies. ._.

not when its friday and i got off from a rough day of work and just want to drink and play some league :(

Yeah I know what you mean.. but hey! At least you lost vs a not-so-favorable matchmaking match!

Sofo

mrQaI4r.png

Call me dirty lucian picker from now on. ;o

Damn, the grind of IPs. @_@

Next I have on my sights are either Vi or Twitch. Twitch looks super fun but I'm not sure I'd be skilled enough.

Sofo

your pokedex is nearly empty sofo. shame on you.

I know! To be honest I am quite addicted to buying runes so that might have something to do... >_>; I also take a lot of time deciding which champions to buy lol. I don't want no scrubs!

welcome to the club

xpIa46v.png

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1825120532/206655443

First game with him! Laning was super easy and not getting hooked by Thresh helped. My deaths could have been avoided but I played really sloppy (and one time I got Rammus to come get me... then I got Banshee's and then Banshee's was useless because nobody got to me -_-).

I wasn't really impactful but that was thanks to Yasuo carrying us really easily. They could win all fights 4v5 and I could just split push and keep adding pressure. They always had to send more than 1 person to get me so that was good.

I can definitely play him better. I'm just a bit awkward with his dash sometimes and waiting for his passive to proc (after an ability) sometimes is a bit annoying... but I guess it would be too overpowered if it wasn't so. I still need to get used to his attack animation and low range but I feel I could get used to him. I don't want this easy first match to cloud my judgement though. Laning was far too easy, and I'm sure it won't always be so.

Shun the Lucian players

Hey now! I will wear my dirty Lucian picker badge with pride...

Azulsky

Is there a quick guide for

1. Common Rune Pages

2. Popular supports

I have been playing ARAM exclusively for almost a year but friends and I tried team builder for the summoner icons yesterday

My Rune setups are probably really outdated for SR, and I dont know what the support popularity is anymore.

My blitzcrank game went well yesterday but mostly due to champion familiarity and early snowball.

Sona + Twitch game went shit against Corki + Lulu

Is there a quick guide for

1. Common Rune Pages

2. Popular supports

I have been playing ARAM exclusively for almost a year but friends and I tried team builder for the summoner icons yesterday

My Rune setups are probably really outdated for SR, and I dont know what the support popularity is anymore.

My blitzcrank game went well yesterday but mostly due to champion familiarity and early snowball.

Sona + Twitch game went shit against Corki + Lulu

this is the top 20 rune pages used at worlds:

each one won't work for every matchup, but it's a good starting point

Azulsky

Hmm I didnt have greater health seals. I had forgotten they tuned down the mandatory flat armor seals a while ago.

Also dont have armor per level seals but top lane is my least played so ill wait to hoard more ip.

Sofo

Man, had a game where I got so fed as Tristana. I fucking love it. Was vs Lucian too, but he played really poorly (his Janna even worse). Our mid was Xerath vs AP Tristana (Plat IV I think). Tristana got super fed and was really not interactive at all -_- really annoying to play against her.

EIxxr6N.png

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1825570556/206655443

I got fed around the transition of early/midgame, especially since Lucian delayed his IE to get some Trinity Force pieces (Sheen and Phage mostly) which allowed me to overcome my own lack of damage at first, and I got IE 4 minutes before him.

jfJmPPG.png

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1825395783/206655443

I laned this game soooo badly. Like, I was overly agressive when it was straight up suicidal and then I was overly passive when I shouldn't. I don't know really how we won that game because it was a bit hard. I think our teamcomp overall worked best for us, all things considered.

Before that I had a Syndra game vs a Veigar that ended up with over a 1000 AP ._. To be honest I am sure we could have won if only Udyr had showed up anywhere or had EFFECTIVELY splitpushed... Out of our 49 kills, he had 3 kills and 4 assists. I'll leave match history for anyone that wants to just rejoy with me in hating some Udyr players.

I'm not blaming that on him, I played the matchup terribly wrong (I got cocky and didn't respect him) but considering I never saw a single blue (even when I asked please to get one) and Veigar did (which allowed him to push me into tower), idk, I feel _some_ fault is in him.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1825129740/206655443

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't realize Katarina scripting was so common. Watched my gold 3 friend face 2 in 5 games.
I thought I saw a Katarina recently do an instant ward jump. No matter what timing I tried, including spamming shunpo, I always seem to have a delay for the ward to "pop" into place before shunpo will register, even though I'm smartcasting both.

Is there a timing component to that I need to practice, or is that where people script?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sivir trolling has hit LCS, thanks Newt...

garath

Yay. First match on new map. I like it! It looks real good. I decided to try Ashe since teambuilder favors the bot lane. I got a game pretty quick. Our team started out real rough and the thresh was whining about it the entire time. He said he'd uninstall dota2 if we ended up winning.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1633044813/42766588

Lol. Guess he's uninstalling. I started like 1/5. It was ugly. But I remembered how to play adc about halfway through. Went from 5/8 to 18/8. Whee.

Blizzard

Banned
I have all champs and I'm sitting at ~30k IP. New champs are released so seldom that I do not get less IP.

Same here. I remember there was a time where I had to make sure I got enough IP every month so I would have enough for the newest.

I don't know my exact number but I'm guessing I've played 1000-1500 games all told, and I'm trying to get win of the day almost every day now. With Kalista I will -still- be missing 5 champions. And I don't even have all the rune types. I'm not trying for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom