• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom |OT| The Legend of Link? Tri Harder!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Just spent the last few hours re-hacking my other Switch and all that shit, and now I’m playing the game with the CPU/GPU/Memory overclocked, and it runs SUPER well. Damn near a solid 60.

I’m still near the beginning, so I haven’t gotten to the main map yet, but the intro in that hyrule town never dipped once, whereas it was mostly 30 on my non-hacked unit.

It’s such a shame, but it also shows that the game will likely run flawlessly on Switch 2 without any sort of patch.

digdug2

Just spent the last few hours re-hacking my other Switch and all that shit, and now I’m playing the game with the CPU/GPU/Memory overclocked, and it runs SUPER well. Damn near a solid 60.

I’m still near the beginning, so I haven’t gotten to the main map yet, but the intro in that hyrule town never dipped once, whereas it was mostly 30 on my non-hacked unit.

It’s such a shame, but it also shows that the game will likely run flawlessly on Switch 2 without any sort of patch.
The sheer amount of slowdown is pretty disappointing, I must say.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Nintendo has a reputation for these types of games and I'm doing everything to write something negative about it, very old school?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
The sheer amount of slowdown is pretty disappointing, I must say.
Yeah, I couldn’t deal with it. It’s a shame too, because it seems SO close to being able to run at a mostly-60. I’m pretty sure it’s the memory speeds that are making it chug.

With the overclock it’s been 60 the entire time, aside from when entering a new room/area, or if there are huge effects on screen.

I’m annoyed that I literally have to pirate this game that I already bought in order to have a proper experience.

digdug2

Yeah, I couldn’t deal with it. It’s a shame too, because it seems SO close to being able to run at a mostly-60. I’m pretty sure it’s the memory speeds that are making it chug.

With the overclock it’s been 60 the entire time, aside from when entering a new room/area, or if there are huge effects on screen.

I’m annoyed that I literally have to pirate this game that I already bought in order to have a proper experience.
The dichotomy of gaming makes me laugh. I just pre-ordered a PS5 Pro today to have the optimal gaming experience, yet here I am playing this chuggy-ass game on an almost 8 year old handheld console.

Dacvak

The dichotomy of gaming makes me laugh. I just pre-ordered a PS5 Pro today to have the optimal gaming experience, yet here I am playing this chuggy-ass game on an almost 8 year old handheld console.
Dude for real. I could literally emulate this game at 4k60 with my 3080 machine, but instead I’m playing it at an upscaled 640p that keeps dipping down to 30.

The shit we put up with to play Nintendo games lmao.

This is exactly why Astro Bot is my GOTY lol

Last edited:

digdug2

Dude for real. I could literally emulate this game at 4k60 with my 3080 machine, but instead I’m playing it at an upscaled 640p that keeps dipping down to 30.

The shit we put up with to play Nintendo games lmao.

This is exactly why Astro Bot is my GOTY lol
It's amazing the progress they've made with emulation in a relatively short time (I am mostly just talking about Switch and PS4 because emulation is old AF) but I can understand why you'd play it that way, if only for authenticity's sake. I'm really hoping that the Nintendo Switch 2 is a reasonably more enjoyable experience.

Astrobot is fantastic! It scratches that Nintendo itch for me like only a new Ninty first party game can do.

Dacvak

thread only 2 pages my totk thread over 60 a world record
I Got You Ok GIF by CBS

BlackTron

Oh, I don't give a shit about 30fps, I'm talking about sub 30. If it's mostly stable 30 in the overworld thats absolutely fine for me. Just to be clear, 30FPS is NOT a "slowdown" in my book. Fucking hell it's still the standard in console gaming isnt it? Certainly was the previous two generations.

100fps down from 120fps is slowdown. Doesn't matter how high it is. 60fps game with constant drops to 45 is nigh unplayable to me and I also come from N64 (on a CRT). It's not just the raw number it's the fluctuation.

If the game constantly switches between 30 and 60 in gameplay just depending on whether you're standing still or not that's not solid 30, it's constantly changing and sounds broken. Would have been better to lock it at 30.

I'm curious, do you have an OG model or one with the shrink? Not that I think it matters much...

holy shit, they're still around?
Yes.

I get 4 games out at a time.

Been using them since 2008 and have rented hundreds of games across all platforms.

They upgraded where you can now reserve the games you want to rent. Up to a week in advance. So you get them guaranteed at release.

No more being unable to rent a game cause its out of stock.

I calculated my savings. If i were to buy every game i played, i would have spent around $20,000. And that was when most games were $60.

Im disabled and so my income is limited. I mostly rent all Switch and ps5 games.

Neff

Played for a few hours, it's really good. The visuals and music are still excessively twee like the Link's Awakening remake was, and it's been a long time since I've seen a game this inconsistent with its framerate, but it's very well designed and there's a ton of game in there.

Mine is full of digital games that got one play through, renting would have made more sense.
I rarely go back to play a game after i beat it. Also i can't afford to buy as many full price games as i would like.

I am renting Ys x nordics, final fantasy I-VI collection, Romancing SaGa 2, next month for switch.

For ps5 i am renting Until dawn remake, Silent Hill 2 remake, and Alan wake 2 in October.

protonion

And the thread is derailed by stupid ass culture war shit again

A pixel art character isn't attractive enough to beat off to.

Fucks sake. I mean for fucks fat incel virgin shit

I could beat off to this all day.

9Zviocu.jpeg

The game is awesome btw. Just beat the first dungeon and it is a triumphant return to the traditional formula. Open air Zelda borefests can fuck off the face of the earth.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
This game is pure comfort food, I love it so far (first real dungeon).

Agreed. It's the most relaxing yet fun game I played since Stardew Valley. Even when a situation challenges me I don't care.

Speaking of, it took me a while to get through the first dungeon. I think I may have missed some items to learn and had to improvise a lot. Which only enriched the experience.

This is an easy 5/5 game so far for me.

Emedan

The game is awesome btw. Just beat the first dungeon and it is a triumphant return to the traditional formula. Open air Zelda borefests can fuck off the face of the earth.

Haha I wouldn’t go that far, BOTW and TOTK are great games but yeah I just entered dungeon 3 and it’s a damn good game.

Been sitting on a train for 6 hours today and I love that I can play it away from home. The switch is such a great console.

Last edited:
Top Bottom