• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom |OT| The Legend of Link? Tri Harder!

Beat the first dungeon and I'm not really sure how to feel. On one hand, I LOVE that this seems like a return to classic Zelda. Proper dungeons with really good puzzles with some type of boss at the end. I really do like the idea of having these echos that are different sizes to help solve puzzles. Not 100% but have a feeling this is gonna be a little BoTW/ToTK ish where there is gonna be multiple ways to solve puzzles depending on what you have, even if there is a 'basic' or 'true' solution, which I think is pretty cool.

Some problems though, ugh this combat seems like a chore. Basically spawn some of your own enemies that fight.

Near the end of the first dungeon you do get a power up which allows you to turn into link for a couple seconds to attack with a sword and jump higher, but idk, it just seems messy instead of just traditional combat

Also, going through your echos is some of the worst design ever, c'mon guys. Add some type of categories to choose from. Its just like ToTK when trying to shoot arrows and going through an endless list of attachments. Again, I'm only right at the end of the first dungeon and I have a shit ton. Can't imagine how much worse this is gonna get.

Last edited:

digdug2

This is the type of game I always dream would happen. I love the graphics and the gameplay. I hope Nintendo keeps making these Zelda games in this engine.
Now Final Fantasy needs to use this engine lol
I've been hoping for a 3D Dot Game Heroes remaster or sequel for well over a decade now... and it turns out that it went full circle and this is the game that scratches that itch.

Top Bottom