• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how long do you think it will take the LoL community to realize that Dragon is even more important now and that we actually have to try and take it? I just got done playing two games and, in both of them, nobody on my team even bothered setting up to take it when we had the advantage. People better wake up.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So how long do you think it will take the LoL community to realize that Dragon is even more important now and that we actually have to try and take it? I just got done playing two games and, in both of them, nobody on my team even bothered setting up to take it when we had the advantage. People better wake up.
Very soon I believe. With the extended baron timer, Dragon fights are gonna be the new baron fights.

Blizzard

Banned
So many changes. I played a bot game and haven't finished the patch notes yet.

Most of the interface changes seem like great ideas, such as smite damage being overlayed on the icon, and golems/baron having HP displayed over the monster's head.

The one interface change that bugged me is buff icons being tiny and over on the left now. Is there any way to move them back above the QWER icons?

Sofo

Wait, servers will be unavailable for 6 hours? It said 5AM GMT and it's 6AM GMT now, does it mean until 11AM GMT it won't be on? ._.

I am so excited about the changes! I am scared about the jungle though, lol. I mean it seems pretty straight forward but I'm scared of getting executed hahaha...

Oh god, I'm terrified now. ༼ ಥل͟ಥ ༽

NA. Ended up closing the program and re-logging in. Store is borked and chat isn't working. Also the first win of the day seems to have been reset.

Someone already had Kalista and bound me to her. Was weird when I couldn't attack at times. I can already imagine the rage.

Yeah the buff on the left is just weird. Who looks there?

Sofo

Is Hairyabs on their voicechat? I know Aphro's voice but there's an extra voice! I always love to see an Aphrolift lane <3

Edit. nvm that's Zion lol.

He just got a Penta! ;o

And almost another one lol... Quadra but Zion stole it!

Blizzard

Banned
I assume I'm interpreting the dragon stacks correctly, and once you reach the 5th stack you can never get more bonuses other than repeating the aspect of the dragon temporary bonus?

Newt

So Kalista is super overpowered.

47ba4d4da76f3eb5ac3c3a17118faebf.png

Though, Jinx killed me once with ult, so we had to surrender. Was a lot of fun bot.

Ocho

No streamerino?

Damn, I could've streamed for you, however it would've sucked since we were winning by 20+ kills and troll team decided to surrender. I blame Newt. Supporting Kalista is fun, though. That terrible turret dive (although I feel we could've killed Jinx).

Einbroch

Banned
Kalista's kite is absolutely bonkers. However, I think she's fairly balanced (at least from the very limited time I've played both with and against her) because her numbers aren't that crazy.

Also her ult is really clunky. I wish it was just a unit toss like Tiny from Dota, even though it opens up troll opportunities.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm still grinding through patch notes. I think it's kind of funny that getting executed by a jungle monster lets you keep red/blue buff now.

Newt

Damn, I could've streamed for you, however it would've sucked since we were winning by 20+ kills and troll team decided to surrender. I blame Newt. Supporting Kalista is fun, though. That terrible turret dive (although I feel we could've killed Jinx).
Yeah, at that point I just had no idea how here ult worked at all.

Blizzard

Banned
I finally finished the patch notes. RIP some of the never-used items like Atma's Impaler and Executioner's Calling.

Especially with that item gone, are there any decent non-ignite options to counter high-health-regen or high-lifesteal champions? Morello's is the only thing I can think of besides niche stuff like Katarina ult. *edit* Disclaimer, Executioner's Calling was probably already a terrible item for trying to counter such things. I'm just wondering about general strategies when faced with crazy regen or lifesteal.

Newt

I finally finished the patch notes. RIP some of the never-used items like Atma's Impaler and Executioner's Calling.

Especially with that item gone, are there any decent non-ignite options to counter high-health-regen or high-lifesteal champions? Morello's is the only thing I can think of besides niche stuff like Katarina ult. *edit* Disclaimer, Executioner's Calling was probably already a terrible item for trying to counter such things. I'm just wondering about general strategies when faced with crazy regen or lifesteal.
Miss Fortune.

I really liked how they tuned Lightbringer. I was hoping they tuned those niche items in a similar fashion (make the item not scale as bad). The stats of EC had to be pretty sucky because the passive was a freakishly strong as a counter. Something like retuning the passive to "Critical strikes inflict Grievous Wounds for 1 second", or "Critical strikes reduces targer's healing by 10%, stacking up to 5 times, lasts 3 seconds".

Tizoc

Elixir of Ruin sounds like a good item to have in case you manage to kill the enemy champ and are close to the turret, in theory.

Crystalline Bracer looks like a good early item for Mundo
RECIPE Ruby Crystal + Rejuvenation Bead + 20 gold
TOTAL COST 600 gold
HEALTH 200
HEALTH REGENERATION +50% base health regeneration

Oh shi the new Warmog
TOTAL COST 2500 gold
HEALTH 1800
UNIQUE PASSIVE Restores 1% of maximum health every 5 seconds. Health restore increases to 3% of maximum health if damage hasn't been taken within 8 seconds.
C. Bracer builds into this.

RIP Atma's Impaler...at least until they find a new use for you in the future :V

Blizzard

Banned
One thing I just realized -- could the new smite buffs make junglers rage more when random teammates farm key jungle monsters instead of taking their lane minions? I suppose in theory they're not important enough buffs to be vital midgame.

One thing I just realized -- could the new smite buffs make junglers rage more when random teammates farm key jungle monsters instead of taking their lane minions? I suppose in theory they're not important enough buffs to be vital midgame.

I don't mind people taking wolves or golems.

Midlaner can hurt himself by taking wraiths at the wrong times.

I'm more concerned about leashes at the first frog. Early smiting is pretty necessary and kind of safe against invades, but bad leashes can be a serious set back.

Sofo

Nerfing azir already :/

Not a nerf at all, instead buffing his early? Not sure how you can interpret that, considering Azir is already one of the most annoying champions to deal with atm. .1 AP isn't going to make it that noticeable, it's just there to soften and not make it unbalanced.

I love when enemy laner bitches about me taking a minion or two here and there, particularly after a good gank.. Then see them ravage my god damn jungle. Shit pisses me off, but I always shut up. -_- Too used to being abused as a support.

Would have been worth just to see Newt die, if only once. Oops, I said that out loud. ;o

Tizoc

wHAT CHaracters have you guys jungled with so far? Would like to hear some experience or pointers on how to go about jungling.
I take it the Enhanced weapons are built last/late game?

subtles

wHAT CHaracters have you guys jungled with so far? Would like to hear some experience or pointers on how to go about jungling.
I take it the Enhanced weapons are built last/late game?
I've jungled with Fizz and Jayce. Most fun I've had in a while. I think I was 30/9 on Jayce and 15/2 on Fizz. I'd get a hard leash at red then wait at the enemy red. They would be at ~ 20% health when I combo'ed them and stole their buffs, smiting red for the health. They always ward the side brush but never check the one behind them. The jungler never recovered in both games.

The new jungle is brutal.

I personally rushed the enhanced weapon on Fizz and sold it on Jayce. Standard build path depending on the opposition after that. Smite was really confusing on my first run through, though. I'd recommend you read up on it before heading into a game.

As someone who has been eternally bronze I don't think most players will ever figure it out. Securing secondary objectives has never been something the average player understands fully.

Blizzard

Banned
Huh, just got an IP boost for 4 wins? Why is that?

(email was already verified)
You avoided becoming a seething ball of rage, and never got chat-restricted. Once or twice a year, Riot gives out a few precious games of boosted IP, and this is one of those times, rewarding you for not being one of the worst jerks in League. :p

Tizoc

I've jungled with Fizz and Jayce. Most fun I've had in a while. I think I was 30/9 on Jayce and 15/2 on Fizz. I'd get a hard leash at red then wait at the enemy red. They would be at ~ 20% health when I combo'ed them and stole their buffs, smiting red for the health. They always ward the side brush but never check the one behind them. The jungler never recovered in both games.

The new jungle is brutal.

I personally rushed the enhanced weapon on Fizz and sold it on Jayce. Standard build path depending on the opposition after that. Smite was really confusing on my first run through, though. I'd recommend you read up on it before heading into a game.

Thanks, I'm not really confident in Invading, but how did you know when the enemy champ would be at red? Did you suspect they'd go Blue because that's how some champs usually start?

Sofo

You avoided becoming a seething ball of rage, and never got chat-restricted. Once or twice a year, Riot gives out a few precious games of boosted IP, and this is one of those times, rewarding you for not being one of the worst jerks in League. :p

Hah! That's pretty cool! /selfrighteousnoragerino

subtles

Thanks, I'm not really confident in Invading, but how did you know when the enemy champ would be at red? Did you suspect they'd go Blue because that's how some champs usually start?
Watch all three lanes, the movement of the champions/when they arrive to lane will give the leash away. I have never, ever seen a team delay their arrival to prevent any potential counter jungle attempt.

Tizoc

Saaaaaaaaaaaay wasn't Doran's Shield gonna be updated so that it blocks 8 damage from single target spells as well?

Watch all three lanes, the movement of the champions/when they arrive to lane will give the leash away. I have never, ever seen a team delay their arrival to prevent any potential counter jungle attempt.

Oh yeah that leash thing, I'm re-reading the new Jungle stuff and just remembered that one.

Update should be on EUNE, so I'll tell my brother to update the game on my laptop.

Welp, if it turns out Kalista is indeed as overpowered as she looks so far I might as well play someone else because she'll be permabanned for months

Tizoc

Her numbers are fantastic.

Build them first. The gold efficiency on them is ridiculous.

2000ish Gold, but managable if I'm ganking properly.

So hype to try the new Jungle, will prob. go Xin to be on the safe side. 30 Armor Pen with Youmuu will be nasty by mid and late game X3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom