• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

Diving all day erry day.
a582440d8ddfc112f81e3b012f95670e.png

So uh... I plan to make my first foray into Ranked sometime this year.

Is there anything I should do to figure out if I'm even ready yet? Or if by some miracle I am, how to prep for that?

Is there anything I should do to figure out if I'm even ready yet? Or if by some miracle I am, how to prep for that?
Don't expect results right off the bat, ranked is a pretty different deal so just focus on having fun and improving.

Can you play at least one champ in every role and at least three in your preferred one?

If so, you're ready.

Nekofrog

Banned
Or a toxic player who wasn't detected by the system.

Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad

This is good ranked advise. Not going to get far if you can only play a single role. At the very least, have your main role and support in your pocket.

If Team Builder queues are any indication, the most popular roles are top and mid so make sure you can play one of the other 3 roles. If you're not first or second pick you're likely not getting them. And if you like/main a popular/strong champ prepare for that champ being banned in most games.

Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad Ghost is Bad
shut up neko.

Ferga

Snowstorm Sivir on NA smurf
Firefang Warwick on my OCE
Battleborn Kayle on Real account

I knew I would get a skin i'll never use on my real account.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Man, I'm absolute trash at this game now. Getting hooked left and right and idk what to even build anymore.

Need to creep on Euler more.

Jeff-DSA

Nothing so far on my smurf or my main. Riot is testing my patience.

In other news, I finished my PC build pick list and ordered the parts today. Went with the i7-4790K CPU and the GTX 970 GPU. Should be a huuuuuuuge step up seeing as the current PC I use I built in 2008 and it's rocking Core 2 Quad with a Radeon HD 4800. It's like jumping from Wii to PS4 at this point.

Ambition

Nothing so far on my smurf or my main. Riot is testing my patience.

In other news, I finished my PC build pick list and ordered the parts today. Went with the i7-4790K CPU and the GTX 970 GPU. Should be a huuuuuuuge step up seeing as the current PC I use I built in 2008 and it's rocking Core 2 Quad with a Radeon HD 4800. It's like jumping from Wii to PS4 at this point.

Sweet build! I'm still rocking a 760 and i5 3570k
3AQmK.gif

Have you ever taken charge in the chat for your team in a ranked game, kindly let everyone know what dumb shit they're doing and what to adjust, get a victory, and feel like you're the king of kings? That's how I feel right now. I feel good.

Time to go lose a game and knock myself down a peg.

Nekofrog

Banned
9 times out of 10 the person who was doing the bad thing will tell you to stfu now matter how nicely you tell them what they did wrong

Sofo

it could be worse

i could be one of those godawful waifu weaboos who wants unclothed annie skin.

Wait what? She's a girl lol.. I mean I get the whole loli/shota stuff but c'mon lol.

In other news, tomorrow (11th!) is my birthday and it finally has snowed! It's pretty weird to not snow until so late in the winter ("late"), but it makes me happy :3 Hopefully the skin comes in time for it too!
It won't, it'll be 2 days late and it'll be some buttugly skin that I'll feel underappreciation for!

9 times out of 10 the person who was doing the bad thing will tell you to stfu now matter how nicely you tell them what they did wrong

First ranked ever I did with Dobe (duo) we had this Gold Gnar top and he was having not a great time at the start and he was getting ganked quite a bit.

I literally just said "Maybe don't push so much and wait for jungle or me to roam" and he just responded with "stfu" lol. I was like hmmmkay. I didn't really get offended, I just found it hilarious to imagine that sort of behaviour in real life. "Hey hm, careful when carrying your coffee this way, after all you spilled it yesterday" "stfu".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom