• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends: Season 4 World Championship (Sep 17 - Oct 19)

That series was such classic White. Game 4 was actually a lot more "worrying" than game 3 for them, looking at their semi-final chances - they won't allow their cockiness to get the better of them if they're 2-0 up against SSB or NJWS, but they will still be vulnerable to smart rotations. If TSM had been just a little bit slicker with their guerilla tactics (on one occasion, I think they could have gone up two inhibs before SSB collapsed if they prepared to sacrifice Turtle, and obviously Amazing ballsed up the last-gasp manoeuver) they may have been able to steal Game 4.

One thing that TSM, C9 and Fnatic have all been able to show is that you can hurt the Korean teams with smart, decisive, aggressive, rotations (a kind of rat LoL, not exactly splitpushing, but simply moving around your opponents). You need the guts to take big risks - they often assume you will back out and make the "high percentage" play rather than moving all-in.

And suddenly it's clear why M5/Gambit, the least risk-averse of all Western teams, have historically been the most successful against them!

brian!

regi purposely dropping out his b team so he can concentrate on his a team cloud 9, pretty smart move...
such decisions rlly separate the good ceos from the bad...

bokn

Banned
It's early today folks!

ijeY0kL.png
vs
y9Aq2eR.png

t1412398800z4.png

(I've double checked the time, this time)

Touch

man this is rough. lets be real. c9 has to beat the 1st and 2nd "best" teams out of Korea to go to the finals and maybe have to face off against their 3rd best team to win worlds. that's like... just rough. but that story though.

Macattk15

C9 is a much better team than TSM. I expect them to play a good series against Blue.

A solid team that has had 0 roster swaps is better than a team with a jungler swap mid season, two support swaps, and a new coach for a bit?

You don't say.

They didn't show it in the NA play-offs though.

bokn

Banned
TBH, I think TSM would've been a better matchup for SSB than Cloud 9 are and Cloud 9 to be a better matchup for SSW

Gala

7am, got my tea, got my breakfast. Here we go! I hope Cloud9 can at least win a game or two before getting crushed.

Omnicent

Lord Crumbz has spoken C9 is going to get 3-0 =\

breakfast sounds so good right now
I'm eating some homemade waffles right now and a mug of milk (midnight breakfast is the best breakfast), so odds are I'm going to pass out
from this food coma. Hopefully nothing to hype happens

Top Bottom