• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Red Scarlet

It's an in-game recording you do, which is really small file-size wise in comparison to an .avi. Easy for other folks to grab and watch through their copy of the game at perfect quality. You have to manually start it though. I just record a demo whenever I play then if something cool happens I'll avi it later.

xero273

RustyNails said:
Yep, I used Fraps. I'll look into this demo thing.

got it. L4d2 has its' own type of recording. The file format l4d2 does is .dem. You can only watch .dems in l4d2 though. The method I usually use to record is record through l4d2 first. Then use fraps to capture the dem into avi. Next time you play type this command into the console "record demoname". demoname can be whatever you want it to be. For each new map, a new file will be created. You can watch your dems by typing "playdemo demoname" or do shift+F2 to bring up demoui and load up the dem. Hope this helps.

xero273 said:
got it. L4d2 has its' own type of recording. The file format l4d2 does is .dem. You can only watch .dems in l4d2 though. The method I usually use to record is record through l4d2 first. Then use fraps to capture the dem into avi. Next time you play type this command into the console "record demoname". demoname can be whatever you want it to be. For each new map, a new file will be created. You can watch your dems by typing "playdemo demoname" or do shift+F2 to bring up demoui and load up the dem. Hope this helps.
That is pretty cool. Thanks!

Volcynika

TheOneGuy said:
sup doods lol

ludwigDUDEBRODv2.gif

Fun run through Parish Red, even though it was a lagfest. It's always good to play with people that don't suck like me. :lol

You weren't kidding about the laggy vid. :lol The tank part was awesome. You got so lucky.

I have been on a L4D1 binge this week as well. Still so much fun. <3 Bill. I like both sets of characters pretty much equally, so i can't wait for the new DLC.

Red Scarlet

Conceptor thought the funniest part was the Tank 'reacting' with the sounds..trying to punch with 'fuck you', then the jump "oh fuck!", heh. Still really wish they kept the vocalize...it's not the same having a bind to type out "I'm gonna beat that Tank's ass".

I was really surprised that you guys got the 3 min bridge cross, I don't know where the 'finish line' really is. Was glad y'all got it though!

xero273

Red Scarlet said:
Still really wish they kept the vocalize...it's not the same having a bind to type out "I'm gonna beat that Tank's ass".

Next update valve is going to get rid of typing. Got to eliminate the typing spam.

commissar

Wait what do you mean they've taken out vocalisations?

I played a quick SP game the other night and was all there, is this in online only?

xero273

commissar

xero273 said:
key bind vocalizations don't work anymore. You can still do the default radial menu ones.
Ah cheers, that's ok for me then. I was never hardcore enough to bother with key binding anything.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Thats lame. It was smart to allow people to relay all info without needing a mic, since typing sucks.

Its no worse then people spamming music or slurs over the mic...

Red Scarlet

Yeah, the guy's instructions aren't exact enough for me to figure out what's wrong after 3 hrs.

All I managed to do was unbind the orders/qa default wheels. In the comments they mention 'tadialmenu' but the new directions don't mention that at all whatsoever. Guy needs to write directions a bit more precise.

xero273

Red Scarlet said:
Yeah, the guy's instructions aren't exact enough for me to figure out what's wrong after 3 hrs.

All I managed to do was unbind the orders/qa default wheels. In the comments they mention 'tadialmenu' but the new directions don't mention that at all whatsoever. Guy needs to write directions a bit more precise.

tadialmenu was the old way to create the radialmenu. that method doesn't work anymore so you don't need it. I just tried it by downloading the files that the guy has for his menu and nothing works except for typing binds like coach and ellis.

Red Scarlet

If one little thing is off, the whole thing won't work. I remember it took me awhile to get it in 1, but it's just not working in 2.

Played a bunch of Scavenge games on Live tonight with a buddy. It's just not that much fun with only one friend. It becomes so much more fun with 2 or 3 friends playing with you. Much more coordination, and many more laughs. I did get an achievement for causing 25 gas can drops though. Didn't play L4D2 all that much after it first came out and just popped it in tonight for the first time since. I might play it again soon though to get my 100 cans scored achievement. Didn't help that my buddy was having major lag issues every game, yet when he plays any other game online like Bioshock 2 or BF1943, he doesn't have latency issues.

I used tons of vocalizations in L4D, but none at all in L4D2 for some reason. If they had banned L4D vocalization, I would have raged.

Bill: A few years in the service might have slimmed you down and shut you up Francis.
Francis: What?
Louis: They're zombies Francis.
Francis: Whatever. And all they got is this goddamn tape loop? Screw the goddamn Army!
Zoey: *shrieks*

Did they? :O

Daigoro

wtf? they took out keybinding vocalizations? fucking bullshit. when? was there an announcement that i missed?

if you dont get it Red, i can check it out tomorrow when i get home and maybe help. i used that guide to set up my radials before. havent played in a few days though, so dont know what changed were made...

Top Bottom