• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

MMaRsu

Does nobody fucking play this? Last night I wanted to play versus on 360 but there were no servers to join, and nobody joined my game :|.

zoukka

Red Scarlet said:
Give jrpg bashing a break and give this (or 1, most of us here have both) a try.

First I'd need a worthy successor.

But yeah I play the first game rather regularly. (how do you walljump with hunter?)

zoukka said:
First I'd need a worthy successor.

But yeah I play the first game rather regularly. (how do you walljump with hunter?)
You just face away from the wall and jump again.

Join some Hunter Games servers to practice and you'll get the hang of it

MMaRsu said:
Does nobody fucking play this? Last night I wanted to play versus on 360 but there were no servers to join, and nobody joined my game :|.

People do play it, there are just problems with Quickmatch as far as I can tell. Not to mention that the community on Live is retarded and joins and leaves games way too frequently.

Mar

All campaigns now finished on expert... That was quite a challenge.

Now to attempt realism mode. I can only imagine this will be magnitudes worse.

Red Scarlet

The easiest map to do expert realism on has to be Dead Center. Completely possible to never confront a single tank the entire campaign, including the finale.

It'll do wonders for your reputation here if we play 1 or 2 zoukka, if you know what I'm sayin'.

Mar

Red Scarlet said:
The easiest map to do expert realism on has to be Dead Center.

Thanks for the tip. My friends were saying Parish, because we one shotted it on expert. But I'll see what they think of Dead Center.

Wish there was a way to record games on 360. I know how much you like to watch...

Tokubetsu

Swamp fever was pretty cool.

21oyefp.jpg

98ysg8.jpg

343lppw.jpg

Red Scarlet

Mar_ said:
Thanks for the tip. My friends were saying Parish, because we one shotted it on expert. But I'll see what they think of Dead Center.

Wish there was a way to record games on 360. I know how much you like to watch...

See if any of your pals can! Would love to see.

vertopci

If anyone is up for a versus game right now, open up the console and type "connect 68.232.172.196:27015" without the quotes.

Currently need like 2 or 3 more for a full gaf game

Was on a team on Live tonight that was actually working together. My mind was blown. Anyone else think that Boomer's and Hunters need some buffing, and Spitter's need a bit of a nerf?

Dogenzaka

Banned
Yess!!!

Installed my new power supply. No humming or whizzing from my computer anymore....I don't think L4D2 will crash anymore :D

Poor thing was on 250 watts before (WTF HP??).
It's on 650 watts now. :D

Mar

Red Scarlet said:
See if any of your pals can! Would love to see.

Yeah, I'd really like to. I think having a recording of us attempting realism mode would be really interesting. Although, it could be jarring for any outside party. The levels of profanity go way beyond what some would think appropriate, regardless of it's hilarious intent.

Mar

Red Scarlet said:
That'd be cool. We just played a round on DC..didn't get past level 3 though.

It's kind of funny. We didn't have a problem with much of the game and stomped our way through. Other than two maps that stopped us for around a month (granted, we only play on weekends). The bridge level, and HR2. Those two combined must have given us 95% of our playtime.

Sibylus

Banned
Hard Rain 2 - It's so hard because you go into the trickiest part (the sugarcane field) having lost a ton of health and without too many options. Having said that, I love that it's still so difficult after release. <3 to </3 the sugarcane field.

The Parish 5 - Same deal here, I love that this can be so brutal so long after release (especially if you're trying to get everyone out, the margin of error is slight).

Talamius

RocketDarkness said:
Bridge is actually pretty easy as long as you're not trying to get everyone across.

When playing campaign IMO Bridge is the easiest finale by far. Stay left and together and with good bile/pipebomb placement you breeze right through. Just gotta juke the tank at the fuel tanker. The AI doesn't have the sense to setup good charger drownings like in VS.

Hard Rain is a bitch. It's the last campaign I need for still something to prove and I've died on the boat. :|

Talamius said:
When playing campaign IMO Bridge is the easiest finale by far. Stay left and together and with good bile/pipebomb placement you breeze right through. Just gotta juke the tank at the fuel tanker. The AI doesn't have the sense to setup good charger drownings like in VS.
Parish finale is a breeze in anything except Expert. And the fun comes from trying to get everyone across. I just don't find running a sprint to the chopper all that fun (unless its decided by the team). Shameless plug from my run :D

Red Scarlet

HK-47 said:
Even over the bridge and the gate?

It doesn't look like I have the demo anymore, but I no damaged across the Bridge on expert w/ RD about a month ago, so yeah. Not sure what the gate is though.

Oh Stallion, you spoil me so. I hope it isn't DARK CARNIVAL again like 75% of you guys' vs matches..there are other maps, vert!

Stallion Free said:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/grif1020

Here is the game we played last night if anyone is curious (I know you are Red): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=03WSUN39

This is my first time trying to load a .dem file in steam.

I saved the .dem files there in the L4D2 root directory
I brought up the console
I typed "playdemo mumblevnonmumble.dem" (no quotes)
I get the error "CDemoFile::Open: couldn't open file mumblevnonmumble.dem for reading."

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
FleckSplat said:
This is my first time trying to load a .dem file in steam.

I saved the .dem files there in the L4D2 root directory
I brought up the console
I typed "playdemo mumblevnonmumble.dem" (no quotes)
I get the error "CDemoFile::Open: couldn't open file mumblevnonmumble.dem for reading."

This is where I put mine: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2

It's where all the pak*.vpk files are

Red Scarlet

Don't type the .dem part.

If it's in the right place, then as soon as you start typing 'playdemo' it should auto-complete (I just type playdemo out anyway), then as soon as you hit the spacebar, the demos you have should be listed. I just type playdemo then the first couple letters of the demo, and they should appear below where you are typing. Just hit the down arrow so it auto-completes typing out the one you want, then hit enter when it's highlighted.

Like this:
fleckdemo.png

When you are watching the demo, either open the console and type 'demoui' or press shift+f2 to open it. Lets you pause, fast forward, rewind, and speed up/slowmo it.

If you want more demos, I have a bunch, including all the competitive match ones L4Dnao posters/players put up previously.

Then once it is finished playing the demo and takes you back to the menu screen, just open the console, press the up arrow, then just press delete once, then move the down arrow again to the next level's demo.

Mar

Dead Center didn't work out so great. We had our collective asses handed to us over and over again.

I think we'll try Parish next. Getting this realism expert done is the last achievement we all need. It wasn't as hard as what I expected it to be actually. But it's still harder than normal expert obviously.

Between friendly fire and all the random things that can happen, friendships are tested over this game...

Mar_ said:
Dead Center didn't work out so great. We had our collective asses handed to us over and over again.

I think we'll try Parish next. Getting this realism expert done is the last achievement we all need. It wasn't as hard as what I expected it to be actually. But it's still harder than normal expert obviously.

Between friendly fire and all the random things that can happen, friendships are tested over this game...
Dead Center is 100% guaranteed to be the easiest way to get The Real Deal. I'm not sure I can imagine beating Parish 4 without closets.

Finally finished my Scavenge achievements and quickly played a segment of a Campaign. I almost forgot how much fun L4D's campaigns are because I've only really been playing Scavenge since I started playing again.

Top Bottom