• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

It's all right, Shadowfang disconnected a couple of times so we weren't gonna get credit anyways. I do have demos of what we did play. We utterly destroyed Parish 2.

Red Scarlet

L2R and I had a pretty cool part after you left, made a nice save. He got curious though and got owned after the ambulance and I did too immediately after. Then he incapped me and the two bots in the safe room and a Tank showed up at that first building again then L2R died. Was pretty cool.

What a dumb time to do maintenance.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
gg guys.

I wish we had gotten a shot of me randomly shooting Botolf like a spazz point blank. I cant believe we managed to beat the finale with such crap resources.

Red Scarlet

Jeff Stephen said:
I'm not exactly sure how false information like this spread but it's not necessary to survive all stages in a campaign for the expert achievement.
Then again you could be yanking his chain & I missed it completely. :lol

One of the guys' game randomly crashed and booted him out of the game, so he had to reconnect. But because of steam being down, he couldn't reconnect anyway. AFAIK you have to be connected the whole game for it to count (and escape the finale), although at rare times people get dc'd and come back in quickly and it still counts for credit.

But the guy (wasn't L2R or RD) had already been dc'd/booted from the server/game twice by then.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
One time we were doing a Team Vs game and I was hoping to get the achieve for having a team of 4 or whatever and I crashed twice in the game and one crash was in the finale and I missed a couple minutes while waiting for my team to finish as survivors so I could join and I still got it. I was kind of surprised.

:'( traded in my xbox 360 copy of left 4 dead 2 today but :lol :lol at the last VS. match i played
it was on The Parish, first level, did a quick search in the menu for vs and was thrown in this

i didn't know you could hack the game online, or maybe it was a glitch. It was pretty crazy. i know you can hack or change it in the settings(i dont know what its called) on the pc version, like have a lot of tanks and witches but i've never seen it done online while playing in a xbox live game. It was pretty funny, everyone(survivors) were invincible and every corner were witches running around and like 10 tanks, i actually got the kill a tank with a melee weapon achievement cause of this :lol

I'll definitely pick this up on pc sometime down the road

Red Scarlet

Stallion Free said:
One time we were doing a Team Vs game and I was hoping to get the achieve for having a team of 4 or whatever and I crashed twice in the game and one crash was in the finale and I missed a couple minutes while waiting for my team to finish as survivors so I could join and I still got it. I was kind of surprised.

I got that by joining a game on the finale map, I think it basically just means 'be connected to a team vs game when the team you are on wins'.

Nabs

FleckSplat said:
Anybody up for a GAF game at 10:00 tonight? I can make it if we start before 11 pm est.

i dont think anyone is around :| so far there's four of us, i think.

Red Scarlet said:
:lol I'm terrible at crowning, I do the same thing half the time.

Anyone up for some L4D1? Playing with some of you guys last night gave me a desire to play more. Besides I wanna find out if Blood Harvest is the other campaign I've completed on expert..Its weird, it says I have 2 of 4, but only Dead Air is highlighted. It says I haven't survived Blood Harvest either, which is a glitch with the achievements I remember from way back, I dont think i ever went back and survived it again when the problem was fixed.

Argh. I played Death Center expert last night. We got to the finale and we only needed two cans on the ground floor and everyone was in good shape... and then the server went down :(

Also its incredibly annoying when one guy doesn't stick to the plan and messes things up :/

So aside from one co-op match on the L4D free weekend I've never played any of the Left 4 Dead series. Just recently my boss got a LAN party set up for a bunch of us old married farts at work and we picked L4D2 to play since we had perfect numbers (eight total) and it was currently on sale on Amazon.

Man, I'm so glad we did that! We had about the perfect setup with two rooms, each with one team of four in it. And we had enough time to play the entire game in versus. Since no one in the game had played it before everyone was all figuring out tactics and controls on the fly so it was a totally awesome mad house. I think only 3 times (out of about 40 or so tries) did any team actually finish a full chapter and make it to the safe house and this was just on normal. We didn't know the maps at all so we kept having crazy moments like leaving the safe house on the return trip in Heavy Rain, missing the exit and after like 10 min and three more waves of special zombies accidentally looping and ending up back at the safe house again (where we restocked our ammo and headed back out again). Witch startling, figuring out how to actually use the hunters attacks, trying different weapons, learning to coordinate zombie special attacks, pinning survivors left alone were all fantastic.

Sorry for the gushing, but it was seriously one of the best gaming experiences that I've ever had. Playing as the survivors and zombies provided not just one but two really unique FPS experiences in a genre that I though had already reached its peak with TF2 and now had nothing new left in the tank. Sadly I think the LAN party and perfect numbers and the n00bness of everyone involved contributed lots to this, as I can't really see having as much fun playing online without full numbers (or ever being good enough to hang with the GAF crew).

Red Scarlet

TheFightingFish said:
So aside from one co-op match on the L4D free weekend I've never played any of the Left 4 Dead series. Just recently my boss got a LAN party set up for a bunch of us old married farts at work and we picked L4D2 to play since we had perfect numbers (eight total) and it was currently on sale on Amazon.

Man, I'm so glad we did that! We had about the perfect setup with two rooms, each with one team of four in it. And we had enough time to play the entire game in versus. Since no one in the game had played it before everyone was all figuring out tactics and controls on the fly so it was a totally awesome mad house. I think only 3 times (out of about 40 or so tries) did any team actually finish a full chapter and make it to the safe house and this was just on normal. We didn't know the maps at all so we kept having crazy moments like leaving the safe house on the return trip in Heavy Rain, missing the exit and after like 10 min and three more waves of special zombies accidentally looping and ending up back at the safe house again (where we restocked our ammo and headed back out again). Witch startling, figuring out how to actually use the hunters attacks, trying different weapons, learning to coordinate zombie special attacks, pinning survivors left alone were all fantastic.

Sorry for the gushing, but it was seriously one of the best gaming experiences that I've ever had. Playing as the survivors and zombies provided not just one but two really unique FPS experiences in a genre that I though had already reached its peak with TF2 and now had nothing new left in the tank. Sadly I think the LAN party and perfect numbers and the n00bness of everyone involved contributed lots to this, as I can't really see having as much fun playing online without full numbers (or ever being good enough to hang with the GAF crew).

Awesome. Too bad you didn't record it! Sounds like it would've been some cool videos. And this part "(or ever being good enough to hang with the GAF crew)." is nonsense, you'd be welcomed with open arms; you only get better if you play! Glad you had fun.

Gattsu25 said:
Is that persona music you're using for the tank theme?:lol

Yeah, it's been my non-finale Tank music since like last February or so; it doesn't seem right not having it play for me now. I use a different song for finale Tanks though. You can hear both in the montage I'm making from our disasterrific game of Blood Harvest in part 1 last night.

Red Scarlet said:
Yeah, it's been my non-finale Tank music since like last February or so; it doesn't seem right not having it play for me now. I use a different song for finale Tanks though. You can hear both in the montage I'm making from our disasterrific game of Blood Harvest in part 1 last night.

YOU'RE SPECIAAAAAAL!

Red Scarlet said:
Awesome. Too bad you didn't record it! Sounds like it would've been some cool videos. And this part "(or ever being good enough to hang with the GAF crew)." is nonsense, you'd be welcomed with open arms; you only get better if you play! Glad you had fun.

Yeah, I kinda wish more games did the Halo thing and just always recorded demos under the covers. Then just clear out the old files automatically when you get too many in the directory to save space. I would have loved to go back and grab some funny clips and pics but I didn't know how to set up a demo at the time.

As for playing with the GAFfers I guess I could give it a try sometime, as you all seem friendly enough. I guess my point was more that I don't play a ton (thus not likely to get too much better) and that with such small four person teams having one rookie on a team can really unbalance things in a match. Is there a GAF steam group for Left 4 Dead 2 or anything like that?

Red Scarlet

FleckSplat said:
YOU'RE SPECIAAAAAAL!

Huh?

TheFightingFish said:
Yeah, I kinda wish more games did the Halo thing and just always recorded demos under the covers. Then just clear out the old files automatically when you get too many in the directory to save space. I would have loved to go back and grab some funny clips and pics but I didn't know how to set up a demo at the time.

As for playing with the GAFfers I guess I could give it a try sometime, as you all seem friendly enough. I guess my point was more that I don't play a ton (thus not likely to get too much better) and that with such small four person teams having one rookie on a team can really unbalance things in a match. Is there a GAF steam group for Left 4 Dead 2 or anything like that?

Well, campaign is probably easier to learn the game from, if you have the game, give that a try. You can make the game record while you play with a simple console command once you start playing. There's a GAF group for part 1, and pretty much it's for 2 also: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GAF-L4D

Daigoro

Red Scarlet said:
omg, the montage is 28 minutes long, that's how much lolawcrap there was. Hysterical game though Daigoro and Storyteller.

that was so fun. i was laughing my ass off during most of that campaign.

Top Bottom