• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Ventrue

CrookedRain said:
Considering you could play split screen in the first game with some tweaking, it's possible that you may be able to do it in L4D2 as well.
Well then I stand corrected, I wasn't aware it was possible in the first.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
RocketDarkness said:
Christmas sweater hunter is amazing. Someone has to make a skin for that, they just have to.

EDIT: nevermind, I thought you were referring to the L4D2 ones. :)

xrich said:
is there a time when it goes live?
Code:
    * Monday, November 16th, 9:00 PM Pacific Standard Time
    * Monday, November 16th, 10:00 PM Mountain Standard Time
    * Monday, November 16th, 11:00 PM Central Standard Time
    * Tuesday, November 17th, 12:00 AM (midnight) Eastern Standard Time
    * Tuesday, November 17th, 5:00 AM Greenwich Mean Time
    * Tuesday, November 17th, 8:00 AM Moscow Time
    * Tuesday, November 17th, 2:00 PM Japan Standard Time
http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=3115

xrich

Banned
giant_frying_pan said:
Code:
    * Monday, November 16th, 9:00 PM Pacific Standard Time
    * Monday, November 16th, 10:00 PM Mountain Standard Time
    * Monday, November 16th, 11:00 PM Central Standard Time
    * Tuesday, November 17th, 12:00 AM (midnight) Eastern Standard Time
    * Tuesday, November 17th, 5:00 AM Greenwich Mean Time
    * Tuesday, November 17th, 8:00 AM Moscow Time
    * Tuesday, November 17th, 2:00 PM Japan Standard Time
http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=3115

9pm....they should have just had the release date as the 17th. then everyone would think they are so nice to release it early, instead of releasing a game at fucking 9pm.

edit: i see that it says 17th on that site, but still 16th on steam. whatever, release it now!

5am is a great time. By the time I get up to play around ~8am, it'll be ready, and I won't have to be one of the people sitting there hitting F5 and joking about Valve Time.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just surprised they don't release it in the morning in the US like Microsoft do on XBL so everyone plays it on the same day.

MrDaravon

Shake Appeal said:
5am is a great time. By the time I get up to play around ~8am, it'll be ready, and I won't have to be one of the people sitting there hitting F5 and joking about Valve Time.

Are you picking up the 360 version as well? I'd consider double-dipping on PC but I literally don't have time to play with two separate groups of friends on 2 different versions of the game right now.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
D4Danger said:
Anyone seen the L4D holiday cards in the Valve store? :lol

These are so cute! :lol :lol :lol

If they had some for Portal or HL2, I'd be buying some boxes for sure.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
D4Danger said:
No Portal or HL2 but they do have TF2 (it's a L4D thread so I didn't mention them)

Ah, those are cute too. I want one with Dog and a companion cube though. (I really hope Episode 3 or Portal 2 comes out in 2010 - I'm miss the Half-Life Universe so much.)

Portal Holiday Cards. I like the inside greetings, but the cover image is blah.

SailorDaravon said:
Are you picking up the 360 version as well? I'd consider double-dipping on PC but I literally don't have time to play with two separate groups of friends on 2 different versions of the game right now.
Yeah, my MW2 cash went towards buying L4D2 twice. But it's not out on 360 until Friday here.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Someone has just informed me that this is out this and being AU I don't know what to do. I thought it was ages away for some reason.

Do I;

1. Ask for help from an awesome US Gaffer to organise a gift type thing.
2. Buy the AU game and hope I can hack it later on

I really want to play with everyone :(

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
VOOK said:
Someone has just informed me that this is out this and being AU I don't know what to do. I thought it was ages away for some reason.

Do I;

1. Ask for help from an awesome US Gaffer to organise a gift type thing.
2. Buy the AU game and hope I can hack it later on

I really want to play with everyone :(

US GAFFER. that's what I did and the price difference between EU and US was wow. I think in the end Valve ended up paying me to play it, but I'm not awesome at the maths.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I don't really mind how much I pay, I just want the real game.

Any US Gaffer want to help a brother out :(

TuxBobble

D4Danger said:

That just means you should go to bed extra early tonight, and wake up at 4:45 so you're ready to play for a while when it launches. Then, you can take a "break" during your commute to work, school, whatever, and...resume when you arrive?

Or can you go the whole day until you get home without it? ...until lunch?

Spruchy

Just decided I want this game. Looking for a four pack or if anyone is interested PM me. Preferably before midnight tonight.

Since I can't think of anything I want for Christmas (that is realistically affordable), maybe I'll ask for 40 bucks and get this for it
still on my self-imposed "boycott" lol

I think it's still wierd that I've spent 10x as much in the Hammer Editor than playing the actual game :lol Makin' a Code:Veronica campaign since all the other Resident Evils were taken!

It's happening. It's really happening. Valve is about to release a follow-up to a game less than one year (well, by one day) after the original's release.

I'm giving myself stomache cramps from the excitement! Either that or I overdid it at the gym yesterday...

Yeah, it was only when I read the l4d.com blog post about the unlock time that it actually hit me: Valve promised a sequel one year from the original game, and actually appear to be ready to deliver on that date.

Fingers crossed.

syllogism

giant_frying_pan said:
It's happening. It's really happening. Valve is about to release a follow-up to a game less than one year (well, by one day) after the original's release.

I'm giving myself stomache cramps from the excitement! Either that or I overdid it at the gym yesterday...
Well the first one was a Turtlerock game...

Shake Appeal said:
Yeah, it was only when I read the l4d.com blog post about the unlock time that it actually hit me: Valve promised a sequel one year from the original game, and actually appear to be ready to deliver on that date.

Fingers crossed.
Now that you mention that when was Episode 2 released?

giant_frying_pan said:
Half-Life 2: 16th November 2004
Episode 1: 1st June 2006
Episode 2: 10th October 2007
Episode 3:
20th October 2015 :p
And...and were the HL2 people working on L4D2? D:

Oh well I'm not the greatest HL fan anyway. But SOMEONE will get pissy :p

I am pretty convinced at this point that "Episode" 3 will basically just be Half-Life 3, but that it's at least another 18 months away.

feel

This was a triumph! I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS!
Finally got it on the jukebox, so good. :)

Shake Appeal said:
I am pretty convinced at this point that "Episode" 3 will basically just be Half-Life 3, but that it's at least another 18 months away.
I remember reading they regret the confusing naming of the episodes, and considering ep3 is taking so long, I could bet they will just go straight to naming it Half Life 3 and making it a full fledged sequel.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Charmicarmicat said:
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I'm on 360, and like to play on expert but don't use a headset at all, so if you get the 360 version my GT is Dead Wipe, add me and we can play some games on expert when the game is out. I might be the weak link and keep getting killed though :lol

Sure, that sound fun. I am getting little sick of people thinking that people without headset suck. >_> (I know they preferred to have good communication but I can't help to be like that. :p)

Baha said:
Frankly I'd go where your friends are. If you don't have any on either, make friends here and go with whichever. For what it's worth, I have friends on my steam friends list that don't own/use a mic when I play with them. Typing is perfectly fine, I have a friend that even made a script for L4D that uses "say < >" commands to let us know if he is pounced or pulled. Not sure if it's automatic or if he binded those commands to keys though but I can find out.

Yeah, My friends with gold membership weren't interesting in Left 4 Dead, and also they did rent it for short time but wouldn't play it more since they think one time is good enough but Friends without Gold Membership want to play and want to do it with me but I prefer to have 4 players instead of 3 players with one stupid AI.

Twig

Banned
How About No said:
And...and were the HL2 people working on L4D2? D:

Oh well I'm not the greatest HL fan anyway. But SOMEONE will get pissy :p
I think basically everyone had ideas for L4D2, so they could have been!

The teams at Valve are very dynamic. There is no one "team", you work on what you want to work on. Though I'm sure there are a few "key" people who basically stick to certain projects, or at least stick to the current Big Project.

I'm just basing this all off of the snippets from interviews over the years.

I want more HL. ):

Top Bottom