• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Hmm so i just recently picked up this game having never played the first except for that small free period valve let us have. Ive got to say that its pretty fun. Is there any one thing you wish all of your team mates knew? I dont want to be the weak link in zombie apocalypse :(

Red Scarlet

You can melee a special off the person being attacked (except for Chargers). So if you are close to the person being pounced/pulled/jockeyed, melee them off asap if you can. I shoot at the SI while I am running to the victim, then melee the SI off if I didn't kill the SI before reaching the victim.

In my various plays with new folks, that seems to piss the non-new folks off probably the most.

XenoRaven

Nah, pretty sure she was just a college student who loved zombie movies.

I have to stop looking through this thread. =( Come ooooon April!

EDIT: Beaten.

Red Scarlet

Well, all of Dark Carnival is up from our 2-player play, I think Storyteller wanted it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM21fHobAcc&feature=channel

It's 11 parts and only has our successes (like the L4D1 2-player experts that are up; the actual Dark Carnival game was like 4:49 or something), and we may do it over again later since we decided to skip the coaster (we weren't sure if we would even be able to get to the safe room in map 4). Stuff in the level before and after the coaster itself kind of balanced things out. They're from the other player's POV, so you can see my whackycrazywtf controls in action kind of.

Swamp Fever was much easier than the first 2 were, and there's no reason for us to redo that one! Himuro wants to try Hard Rain on advanced realism again tonight, if anyone here wants to give us a hand.

JDSN

Banned
GAF help me, ive always been able to find games in any part of the world for L4D2 and the original as well, now I cant seem to be able to find servers that arent regional and even the group server list isnt avaliable anymore, which means im basically stuck playing wiith the two or three people that are currently online or waiting until friends log in and set up a game.

Ive seem some of you doing some stuff on the game console that magically fixes shit, is there any hope for me?

andycapps

Red Scarlet said:
Himu wants to try HRar later tonight.

That would work.. Send me an invite if you guys want another noob on that! :lol

Botolf and I are getting a campaign going in 15 min if anyone wants to join.

xero273

JDSN said:
GAF help me, ive always been able to find games in any part of the world for L4D2 and the original as well, now I cant seem to be able to find servers that arent regional and even the group server list isnt avaliable anymore, which means im basically stuck playing wiith the two or three people that are currently online or waiting until friends log in and set up a game.

Ive seem some of you doing some stuff on the game console that magically fixes shit, is there any hope for me?

take a look at this.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1145232

From what you described, it kind of sounds like what is going on in that thread. Hope that fixes your problem.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hey just a head's up to all the new Left 4 Dead players, there is currently a COUNTERFEIT MORNINGBUS on Steam. If you are having interactions with a Morningbus that has an Okami avatar, then you must check the Morningbus seal of quality on the reverse of the avatar. If it is absent, misaligned, or contains many typographical errors, then you may be dealing with a forgery.

Yeah, that's right, it's terrible. The suspect is Steam and GAF poster, [OBMA]Zero, which is most likely an alias, potentially stolen from another unsuspecting user. Police have released this composite drawing from eye-witness accounts:

If you see this man, do not approach him as he is armed and legged. If you have had any interactions with him and can give investigators any information at all, post in this very thread.

A reward is being offered at 1 custom Morningbus(TM) beatbox sound file.

Thanks for your time.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Botolf said:
Well, it was established she was crazy young, so that would make sense I suppose. She still could've worked in an office!

College student.

See Valve? Do not hire this man! He doesnt know what he's talking about.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
LovingSteam said:
Where did this talk of the DLC being released this week come from?

Left 4 Dead 2 is currently on sale and they said the DLC would be out in March (which is almost over). It isn't exactly rocket science to make those kinds of guesses.

Stallion Free said:
Left 4 Dead 2 is currently on sale and they said the DLC would be out in March (which is almost over). It isn't exactly rocket science to make those kinds of guesses.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Also, I have a gift for the author of the 7500th post in this thread.

morningbus

If you people thought I was insufferable before, you have no fucking idea how bad I can get.

Morningbus' last resort includes only the following topics:

1) Runes
2) Tea

YOU CAN'T HANDLE ME ON "HARD" MODE.

There was a contest? XD

Nabs, you can have it. The only games for the systems I own, I already have.

EDIT: And thank you very much for the generous offer, LovingSteam. That's a nice gesture.

morningbus

I'm in the same boat as Rocket, actually. So I'm passing it on to the first person that wants to get in on that.

Thanks though, LovingSteam!

Also, quoting this for the current page:

morningbus said:
Hey just a head's up to all the new Left 4 Dead players, there is currently a COUNTERFEIT MORNINGBUS on Steam. If you are having interactions with a Morningbus that has an Okami avatar, then you must check the Morningbus seal of quality on the reverse of the avatar. If it is absent, misaligned, or contains many typographical errors, then you may be dealing with a forgery.

Yeah, that's right, it's terrible. The suspect is Steam and GAF poster, [OBMA]Zero, which is most likely an alias, potentially stolen from another unsuspecting user. Police have released this composite drawing from eye-witness accounts:

If you see this man, do not approach him as he is armed and legged. If you have had any interactions with him and can give investigators any information at all, post in this very thread.

A reward is being offered at 1 custom Morningbus(TM) beatbox sound file.

Thanks for your time.

Red Scarlet

You'll survive next time! I tried to rescue you but you weren't where I thought the jockey took you, unless you morphed into a tank.

Now my steam friend's list is full of morningbuses!!! A morningbus stop if you will!

190766-dr_kawashima_large.jpg

Teknoman

lol I had no idea where to go until I saw Botolf's flashlight beam. We almost got overrun on the boat.

EDIT: Whoa you got jockeyed the exact second I jumped. Sorry about that.

vertopci

Hey Red, you need to change morningbus's name to morningbus(2) and then change Nabs to morningbus(1), then change mine to morningbus

:D

andycapps

LovingSteam said:
You win :)

Pick one!

Gears of War (360)
God of War 1
Metroid Prime 1
Halo 2 (Xbox)
Dead or Alive 4
Sonic Collection (GC)
GRAW (360)
Mortal Komba Deception (Xbox)

Well, it doesn't look like anyone's taken you up on this yet. I'd like to take you up on God of War 1. Played it when it came out but didn't hang onto it and that'd complete my collection.

morningbus

I'd like to remind people that Morningbus® is a registered trademark of The Morningbus® Foundation for the Preservation and Explication of Tea, Runes and Rune-based Magicks, and Open-Source Digital Video Gaming. Any unauthorized use of this trademark is strictly prohibited.

Top Bottom