• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
You are the only one who cares so why don't you go count?

wow are you serious here

the fuck crawled up your ass, ass

welcome to the world of harmless jokes

i guess this implicit hatred explains why you keep ignoring me whenever i address you in threads, but if you hate me so much, why respond now?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Twig said:
i guess this implicit hatred explains why you keep ignoring me whenever i address you in threads, but if you hate me so much, why respond now?

I think the last time I didn't address you was when you asked why you aren't on my friends and I didn't really feel the need to explain that.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
I think the last time I didn't address you was when you asked why you aren't on my friends and I didn't really feel the need to explain that.
Why? I have nothing against you, and I'd have played games with you before I discovered this unwarranted hostility. It is, quite simply, baffling.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Twig said:
Why? I have nothing against you, and I'd have played games with you before I discovered this unwarranted hostility. It is, quite simply, baffling.

Because you always try to pick fights with the VS group in this thread ever since you "stopped having fun" playing with us.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Because you always try to pick fights with the VS group in this thread ever since you "stopped having fun" playing with us.
The whole VS group, or just vert? I have absolutely nothing against any of you. And as far as I know vert didn't take it personally, and I didn't take it personally when HE started shit (and don't even pretend like he was innocent, because you know neither of us were).

I never "stopped having fun", either. I have no idea what that even means. I played with you once (but only once, and got pretty addicted to co-op shortly after!) and had fun, and as far as I know, you didn't hate me at the end! I did complain about the settings, because I didn't like them, but it was still fun. After that one time, like I said, I got addicted to co-op pretty hardcore.

And as for why I haven't played since... I get invited sometimes (or used to), but it's almost always at inconvenient times (almost literally every time, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for a long gaming session). Sounds like a convenient excuse when I put it that way, but it's the truth. O:

In conclusion: :lol

Nessus

Just bought a GeForce GTS 250 today.

Man, L4D2 looks so nice in 1080p on my 47" HDTV.

Yeah, I guess maybe I just have a different play style with regards to mics.

I could be wrong, but from reading these threads it seems people here play L4D/L4D2 fairly competitively/seriously.

Myself, I leave my mic open when playing with my friends and half the fun is when someone gets scared and screams or whatever. And I'm satisfied if just one of the group survives the finale, I still feel like I won. For me it really is a group thing. I also don't go hunting achievements or anything either.

And for that same reason I generally can't stand Vs. People get a kick out of being assholes, especially if all speak is on (I refuse to play on all speak servers, period.) And then bastards quit when they have to play as the Survivors.

Red Scarlet

Nessus said:
Just bought a GeForce GTS 250 today.

Man, L4D2 looks so nice in 1080p on my 47" HDTV.

Yeah, I guess maybe I just have a different play style with regards to mics.

I could be wrong, but from reading these threads it seems people here play L4D/L4D2 fairly competitively/seriously.

Myself, I leave my mic open when playing with my friends and half the fun is when someone gets scared and screams or whatever. And I'm satisfied if just one of the group survives the finale, I still feel like I won. For me it really is a group thing. I also don't go hunting achievements or anything either.

And for that same reason I generally can't stand Vs. People get a kick out of being assholes, especially if all speak is on (I refuse to play on all speak servers, period.) And then bastards quit when they have to play as the Survivors.

As many folks would attest to (but I think they think I would ban them or something lame) I am kind of a bossy bitch sometimes, but I have a grand ol' time playing whenever I do. I try to help everyone survive/take a Tank punch for folks if I have to. I just get really into it. But I enjoy the game thoroughly. Try sometime with us if you want!

Shoogoo

What's wrong with this thread? Every time I check things here there is drama going on.

Anyway, my friends and myself think of doing that expert realism achievement after playing 5 months of versus. In what order would you rank them from easier to more difficult?

Sibylus

Banned
My ranking (easiest to toughest):

5. Dead Center
- Daylight.
- Probably the easiest of the campaigns in Expert Realism.
- The finale can be finished before the first Tank appears.

4. The Parish
- Daylight.
- Lots of straight sections.
- Finale tanks can possibly be avoided.

3. Swamp Fever
- Night.
- Lots of foliage and tree cover for infected.
- Finale could prove really tricky with the intricate plantation house, garden maze, and three tanks (two at the same time at one spot).

2. Dark Carnival
- Night.
- DK3's Coaster Run can be very tricky on Exreal.
- DK4's Saferoom run is probably the hardest crescendo event in the game.

1. Hard Rain

- Blinding sun, night, obscuring rainstorms.
- Hard Rain 2 is the single hardest map in the game, it can really sap team momentum on an Exreal run if the wipes begin to pile up (a very real possibility).

Hard Rain Exreal is not for the faint of heart :lol

Shoogoo

Cool, I think I'll propose Swamp Fever, or the Parish.

And if you remove realism, would Dark Carnival be the most difficult? I believe DK3 and 4 are already difficult to finish on versus, I can only imagine how brutal it is on expert :)

Thanks for your advice.

Red Scarlet

Depends. Hard Rain 2 and Dark Carnival 3/4 can get you stuck for awhile on Expert. I would vote for Dark Carnival though since it's 2 tough finales over 1.

Hard Rain 2 on Expert Realism nearly broke my spirit when we did it. We did the remaining maps pretty much first time once we got past that one.

Red Scarlet

Yeah, HR3 and 4 are nothing compared to 1 and 2, and you are still on the high from beating HR2 that even the finale isn't anything bad either.

Shadowlink283

Neo Member
Botolf said:
My ranking (easiest to toughest):

5. Dead Center
- Daylight.
- Probably the easiest of the campaigns in Expert Realism.
- The finale can be finished before the first Tank appears.

4. The Parish
- Daylight.
- Lots of straight sections.
- Finale tanks can possibly be avoided.

3. Swamp Fever
- Night.
- Lots of foliage and tree cover for infected.
- Finale could prove really tricky with the intricate plantation house, garden maze, and three tanks (two at the same time at one spot).

2. Dark Carnival
- Night.
- DK3's Coaster Run can be very tricky on Exreal.
- DK4's Saferoom run is probably the hardest crescendo event in the game.

1. Hard Rain

- Blinding sun, night, obscuring rainstorms.
- Hard Rain 2 is the single hardest map in the game, it can really sap team momentum on an Exreal run if the wipes begin to pile up (a very real possibility).

Hard Rain Exreal is not for the faint of heart :lol

hey bot, i think that I share ur opinion for hard rain but actually, it's the only campaign that I.ve played on expert realism (finished it but didn't get the achievement cause my friend invited me late D:) and we all escaped at the end like shit, but yes i think HR is the hardest one, specially HR2 where the fucking witches annoying the hell out of u :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

andycapps

Botolf said:
Uh, we don't exactly rely too much on text chat either, mainly just for the odd strategy or alert, or when someone got grabbed and somehow wasn't rescued immediately. Coop-Gaf was beating L4D1 Expert with 2 people and still somehow managed well.

Yeah, co-op doesn't require quite as much coordination, you're just working through the levels and moving forward. Versus has the human element on both sides there, which is unpredictable so you're trying to work with your team as the infected so that you time it right. It's no huge deal for me in co-op, just in versus I don't get why people play it without a mic. I don't exactly have a good speaking voice, I'm sure it's just average but I got over using a mic in a game a few years ago. At first I was so nervous though. :lol

Stallion Free said:
Not everyone is comfortable speaking on the internet. I used to be that way until I realized I will never seen any of these people so it doesn't matter... until late one night we are chilling in Mumble bored and start facebook friending each other

True, like I said above, that's how I was at first. Then I realized most other people sound just as dumb online as I do. :lol Nobody cares..

Twig

Banned
Shoogoo said:
What's wrong with this thread? Every time I check things here there is drama going on.
Nah, that wasn't drama. That was me asking a genuine question and then explaining my position after getting an answer. I can show you drama. Oh, I can show you drama. Of course, just like in the past, it wouldn't be genuine drama.

I think the real problem with this thread is the lack of humor. It's always so srs bsns if anyone but "the regulars" tries to make a joke. ]:

Sibylus

Banned
andycapps said:
Yeah, co-op doesn't require quite as much coordination, you're just working through the levels and moving forward. Versus has the human element on both sides there, which is unpredictable so you're trying to work with your team as the infected so that you time it right. It's no huge deal for me in co-op, just in versus I don't get why people play it without a mic. I don't exactly have a good speaking voice, I'm sure it's just average but I got over using a mic in a game a few years ago. At first I was so nervous though. :lol
I'll use a mic if I have it available and I'm feeling it, but L4D coop seems to run smoothly without one. You don't have to actively coordinate quick ambushes and the like, for certain, but you still have to have a good team that'll cover each other or you'll get absolutely wrecked. Mistakes are very costly on Realism, Expert, and especially a mixture of the two.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
You forgot the Bridge on the Parish. Yeah you can bypass the tank but at the cost of endless hordes and very few spot to take a break. Also the last tank can spawn at the chopper.

If you want everyone on the rescue vehicle its easily the hardest I think.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Botolf said:
I'll use a mic if I have it available and I'm feeling it, but L4D coop seems to run smoothly without one. You don't have to actively coordinate quick ambushes and the like, for certain, but you still have to have a good team that'll cover each other or you'll get absolutely wrecked. Mistakes are very costly on Realism, Expert, and especially a mixture of the two.

I think ER needs it cause of no borders on the players. You can spend to long trying to find someone thats caught and they die.

Sibylus

Banned
HK-47 said:
I think ER needs it cause of no borders on the players. You can spend to long trying to find someone thats caught and they die.
Yeah, or be one really fast typer. ER teams I play with usually know the level well enough to be able to use vague directions.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Botolf said:
Yeah, or be one really fast typer. ER teams I play with usually know the level well enough to be able to use vague directions.

Mic is still superior. I'd use mic more if other people I played with did. I feel like an idiot talking to a chat box.

Mic and vocal binds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> chat box

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
HK-47 said:
Mic is still superior. I'd use mic more if other people I played with did. I feel like an idiot talking to a chat box.

Conceptor was playing L4D last night with the co-op crew, but he was chilling in Mumble chatting with the VS crew since no one in the co-op crew was talking :lol

Twig

Banned
HK-47 said:

Mic and vocal binds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> chat box
Did you ever stop leaving your mic ON all the time. ALWAYS ON KSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Stallion Free said:
Conceptor was playing L4D last night with the co-op crew, but he was chilling in Mumble chatting with the VS crew since no one in the co-op crew was talking :lol

I didnt even know he had a mic

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Twig said:
Did you ever stop leaving your mic ON all the time. ALWAYS ON KSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Umm no cause I hate push to talk, but the last time you played with me was like 3 months ago. All you play is TF2 now, so I have no idea if you'd find it better. Nobody since has complained about it.

Boonoo

Stallion Free said:

I <3 mumble. The quality difference is pretty astounding.
I don't think i've played with you guys since I switched to voice activated mumble. My clicky keyboard does most of the talking for me :D

Twig

Banned
HK-47 said:
Umm no cause I hate push to talk, but the last time you played with me was like 3 months ago. All you play is TF2 now, so I have no idea if you'd find it better. Nobody since has complained about it.
I play everything, but no one invites me to L4D except when I'm busy!

Push to talk is way better than always on. But voice activated is better than always on, too, so if you at least did that, then that's good.

Sibylus

Banned
If I can find the goshdarn webcam, I'd be able to start using the mic more often. I'd really like to start using it in TF2, but it'd also be nice for L4D.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Boonoo said:
I <3 mumble. The quality difference is pretty astounding.
I don't think i've played with you guys since I switched to voice activated mumble. My clicky keyboard does most of the talking for me :D

Yeah the quality is quite lovely, it's nice seeing your crew using it, but we do miss you :(

HK-47 said:
I didnt even know he had a mic

It didn't function till he upgraded to Windows 7. His voice is quite sexy.

HK-47 said:
what is mumble?

A crazy nice voice chat program that has plugins for a number of triple-a PC shooters that allows for positional audio. Vert got a 100 slot server and set up a bunch of rooms for people to use.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Stallion Free said:
It didn't function till he upgraded to Windows 7. His voice is quite sexy.

A crazy nice voice chat program that has plugins for a number of triple-a PC shooters that allows for positional audio. Vert got a 100 slot server and set up a bunch of rooms for people to use.

sweet. I guess ill have to download that.

Twig

Banned
Mumble actually does seem pretty nice. O: I just installed it on a whim.

Questions: If I run Fraps, would it record the sound from Mumble, as well? Also, does Mumble have a record feature, so that I could overlay its audio on top of video (and its audio). Also also, how do I get the voice detection to work properly. It says it's supposed to stabilize in yellow, but no amount of fiddling will make that happen. The jump from "silent" to "talking" is way too large and yeah.

EDIT: I just remembered once I was listening to a podcast and fraps recorded that in the audio, so I guess the answer to my first question is "yes."

EDIT EDIT: My biggest problem with using external programs is that if I later want to Fraps a demo I recorded (as demos are much smaller), I then have to make sure to sync up the vocals with the video, which is not an easy task for someone like me who doesn't know much about video editing at all. Any ideas to make that easier?

Boonoo

Stallion Free said:
Yeah the quality is quite lovely, it's nice seeing your crew using it, but we do miss you :(

Yeah, between comp tf2 and school I've been short on time. Things are looking to free up in a couple weeks, though, and I've really been hankering for some l4d action.

So I spend an entire 8-hour shift at work today and come home hoping to play some games with my friends from GAF. I go into mumble and we start playing and what do I see? Vert makes the mumble password "panda is a fag." I don't need to put up with this shit when I'm trying to enjoy my relaxation time. If you don't fucking want me to play then just tell me, don't be a fucking asshole about it vert.

vertopci

Panda Bear said:
So I spend an entire 8-hour shift at work today and come home hoping to play some games with my friends from GAF. I go into mumble and we start playing and what do I see? Vert makes the mumble password "panda is a fag." I don't need to put up with this shit when I'm trying to enjoy my relaxation time. If you don't fucking want me to play then just tell me, don't be a fucking asshole about it vert.

<3

Panda Bear said:

obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

If we didn't like you, we wouldn't fuck with you. Don't go all Blizzard on us, man.
Nabs said:
gg tonight, even with the broken finale =\
DID YOU PLAY HARD RAIN AGAIN WITHOUT ME?????
O_O

Twig said:
Mumble actually does seem pretty nice. O: I just installed it on a whim.

Questions: If I run Fraps, would it record the sound from Mumble, as well? Also, does Mumble have a record feature, so that I could overlay its audio on top of video (and its audio). Also also, how do I get the voice detection to work properly. It says it's supposed to stabilize in yellow, but no amount of fiddling will make that happen. The jump from "silent" to "talking" is way too large and yeah.

EDIT: I just remembered once I was listening to a podcast and fraps recorded that in the audio, so I guess the answer to my first question is "yes."

EDIT EDIT: My biggest problem with using external programs is that if I later want to Fraps a demo I recorded (as demos are much smaller), I then have to make sure to sync up the vocals with the video, which is not an easy task for someone like me who doesn't know much about video editing at all. Any ideas to make that easier?

mebbe use virtualdub? I dunno if you can delay the audio stream or start it at a different point?

Top Bottom