• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

usea

Yesterday on parish 2, the map where you leave a trailer and it starts an alarm event, some crazy stuff happened. I was playing infected, and we knew a tank was coming just before the event. Well, as soon as the survivors got in the trailer, the tank spawned and it was AI for some reason. It went over to the trailer and the survivors either didn't know he was coming or they were stupid, because they decided to stay in the trailer. It dropped in and swatted all 4 of them at once, repeatedly until they died. All four went from full health to dead in just a few swats from the AI tank. It was beautiful.

SundaySounds said:
obamam-lol-y-u-mad-tho.jpg

If we didn't like you, we wouldn't fuck with you. Don't go all Blizzard on us, man.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Really Train? Really?

andycapps

Sorry I had to bail before we got through it guys.. I been up a while and have to get up early. I swear we probably restarted that part close to 10 times. I might just not be good enough for realism expert either, that is definitely much harder than advanced.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
andycapps said:
Sorry I had to bail before we got through it guys.. I been up a while and have to get up early. I swear we probably restarted that part close to 10 times. I might just not be good enough for realism expert either, that is definitely much harder than advanced.

Damage on Expert is a huge hike from Advanced. Frontal shots cost 20 HP. Ill help you get in that car if I'm around

Red Scarlet

aznpxdd, just PM me when you want to add me, I'll bump someone from my list if you want to play sometime.

Did you want the whole demo HK? Or just DC3? or ??

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Red Scarlet said:
aznpxdd, just PM me when you want to add me, I'll bump someone from my list if you want to play sometime.

Everything

usea

Do you guys play with music turned on? Somebody in a game mentioned that he liked the custom music on a server or whatever, and it made me realize I turned off music a long time ago. It seems distracting, and just gets in the way of the audio queues.

Though admittedly, my teammates always know a tank is coming before I do. I don't notice until I hear the stomping or a yell.

I want someone to play this with online.

I recently got it in the steam sale, but I don't really have a big list of friends on steam yet.

I kinda suck but whatever :)

ID: budokaininja

andycapps

Red Scarlet said:
We won and Xero and HK got the achieve. We had a lot of bad luck in our games, andy. Can always give it another shot whenever. :)

Yeah those charger kills to finish us off while there was a tank going were pretty brutal. I think the director hated us last night. I just wanted to let you guys know I was actually trying. :lol

xero273

Red Scarlet said:
We won and Xero and HK got the achieve. We had a lot of bad luck in our games, andy. Can always give it another shot whenever. :)

end game time was almost 4 hours :lol

BudokaiMR2 said:
I want someone to play this with online.

I recently got it in the steam sale, but I don't really have a big list of friends on steam yet.

I kinda suck but whatever :)

ID: budokaininja

added.

aznpxdd

Red Scarlet said:

Yep I'm down to play sometimes. Are you guys working on Expert Realism right now? I've only beaten that on Dead Center.

Blizzard

Banned
Panda Bear said:
So I spend an entire 8-hour shift at work today and come home hoping to play some games with my friends from GAF. I go into mumble and we start playing and what do I see? Vert makes the mumble password "panda is a fag." I don't need to put up with this shit when I'm trying to enjoy my relaxation time. If you don't fucking want me to play then just tell me, don't be a fucking asshole about it vert.
Nice, an insult banned on GAF is used on the mostly gaf mumble, huh.

I seem to recall last time I dropped into mumble, Nabs muted and deafened me, and before that a person or two told me to get the f*** out because I was trying to watch their game. If you consider that normally joking behavior from people who likes you, you're welcome to it, but it seemed rude to me. :/

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
usea said:
Do you guys play with music turned on? Somebody in a game mentioned that he liked the custom music on a server or whatever, and it made me realize I turned off music a long time ago. It seems distracting, and just gets in the way of the audio queues.

Though admittedly, my teammates always know a tank is coming before I do. I don't notice until I hear the stomping or a yell.

If you arent gonna use music, you should turn closed captions on. It'll tell you about the tank's growling before you activate him...most of the time.

Q8D3vil

wtf , i just tried this game with two of my friends

the ping is always +300
when we play any other game the ping is usually around 50 ( we tried dow 2 before it and the ping was 50 )

we always choose local server , when we choose dedicated server we get 200 ping

i was looking forward to play it today :/
damn you valve :/

Volcynika

Q8D3vil said:
wtf , i just tried this game with two of my friends

the ping is always +300
when we play any other game the ping is usually around 50 ( we tried dow 2 before it and the ping was 50 )

we always choose local server , when we choose dedicated server we get 200 ping

i was looking forward to play it today :/
damn you valve :/

What's your setup? Local server = lobby host is the one hosting the game for other people to connect to him. Does not mean server in the area local to you.

Sibylus

Banned
Yeah, go with official dedicated or best available server (the latter might yield servers with custom settings). Local is mostly useful for playing custom campaigns that have limited spread amongst the community.

Q8D3vil

Volcynika said:
What's your setup? Local server = lobby host is the one hosting the game for other people to connect to him. Does not mean server in the area local to you.
i7 920
gtx 295
6 gb ram

i know about the local server
me and my friend are in the same country
heck , we even use the same internet provider

Man, I spent about five goddamn hours on Versus with just my friend and I on opposite teams.

We had such a blast trying to see who'd do better since it's obviously challenging with only one SI and four Survivors. We did stick to harder chapters for Survivors, though: Finales, Crescendo/Gauntlet Events, whatever you call them, etc. We're super excited for The Passing and it coming with the patch for filling in missing SI :D

1v1 FTW!

Also: is there something special about those? ^ I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Q8D3vil said:
i7 920
gtx 295
6 gb ram

i know about the local server
me and my friend are in the same country
heck , we even use the same internet provider

The Internet wants you to play more Killing Floor with me instead.

Q8D3vil

HK-47 said:
The Internet wants you to play more Killing Floor with me instead.
or maybe the internet wants me to continue playing DOWII :p

anyway , i searched and i can't find anything related to this problem :/

andycapps

xero273 said:
end game time was almost 4 hours :lol

Yeah when I dropped out it was something around 3 hours or more.. Would have stuck with it but it was 1:15 AM and I had to get up at 8. I really need to get Windows 7 back on my laptop, going back to Vista made it take a pretty big performance hit in games.

Takuan

Haven't played much of this since jumping in on the STEAM deal. If anyone would like to run through the campaign or other co-op modes with me, I'm TAKUAN on Steam (shark avatar).

ShogunX

Just discovered tonight for the first time that you can use a defibrillator on your own dead body once somebody has rescued you from a closet/cupboard.

Weird.

ShogunX

SundaySounds said:

Yep strange but true!

Once somebody has rescued you try returning to your corpse and reviving it. You’ll respawn where your body was lying and your new body will disappear.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Shogun PaiN said:
Just discovered tonight for the first time that you can use a defibrillator on your own dead body once somebody has rescued you from a closet/cupboard.

Weird.

Thats weird.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Anyone want to play? I'm up for playing 1 or 2, anything. Steam ID is macblarneystone

Played some 360 last night on Expert. Basically, people do something to spawn a ton of guns and thus lag the system down to make it easier. I guess it is a way to get the achievements but it certainly isn't very fun.

Shogun PaiN said:

Weird.

Do you get two people like Marty McFly in Back to the Future? :D

I thought there would be nothing but a puddle of blood when you went back.

Red Scarlet

I saw a video of the defib thing awhile ago, can't remember what it was. They revived Rochelle who was in the safe room with them and it removed the living one when her corpse was resurrected.

Wonder what the delay was on The Passing.

Teknoman

Hey Scarlet, Toku, and HK, i'm revalidating my files. Steam said 2 were missing, kept making me crash...dunno how that happened, but i'll be there in a bit.

EDIT: Nope still happening, same as the Death Aboard II map:

2b720x.png

260zsls.png

xgcl1w.png

s4mgye.png

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dude I want a wireframe map
Shit would be as confusing as hell, but anything other than small town, city, forest, swamp setting we usually get.

Top Bottom