• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

mattso

Played through twice on my xbox and just finished downloading it on the pc. Anyone want to play? my steam id is mattsoestupido476

I think it is pretty sweet. The level design reminds me a lot more of l4d1 than l4d2, which I am a fan of. I'm excited to try out versus on it...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Probably my fav campaign of the L4D2 lot. Should be fantastic in VS, I saw a lot of great attacks points. Seeing the dead persons corpse pretty much confirms that the L4D1 campaign will have the finale in that area. Which means that that campaign will reuse assets from this one and should be out soon. And while I am extrapolating, it could also mean that they are bringing all L4D1 content to L4D2 because of the shared assets!!!!!

Also, they finally brought back amusing graffiti and they fucking delivered.

Blizzard

Banned
So is this game worth getting for $21 if you realize that vert is correct and L4D1 is way better, and if you think survivors are way overpowered and like playing zombies instead?

I could pay $15, but I'm no cheapskate, man.
I am also too lazy to put money in paypal and I don't know how long the transfer takes

In that same room with the Frank West message, there's a 28 Days Later reference. It reads "The End Is Really Fucking Nigh" and some people comment on how unnecessary that curse is. :lol

I thought so, too, because I went into it thinking they'd be fighting along side us throughout the mission. But the Versus and weekly Mutations make it worthwhile. Also, being called vampires by Francis alone was worth the price of admission.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
mattso said:
Played through twice on my xbox and just finished downloading it on the pc. Anyone want to play? my steam id is mattsoestupido476

I think it is pretty sweet. The level design reminds me a lot more of l4d1 than l4d2, which I am a fan of. I'm excited to try out versus on it...

I got that L4D1 vibe as well, especially in the Second chapter.

Twig

Banned
my shit almost always loaded too slow and i never heard the opening conversations ):

also i thought it (that is to say, this dlc) was pretty great :3

and it will continue to be so

That was kind of disappointingly short, though there is some great level design and nice touches.
i liked the witch in the wedding dress. heh.
The L4D1 character interactions make it worth it.

Poor Bill. :(

Tried out realism versus and my team completely owned the opposing team causing them all to ragequit and the server to shutdown. :/ I foresee many ragequits to come in that mode. Really need a lot of good teamwork.

I missed the dead survivor, not in a rush to play back through it all again tonight.

I was amused by them practically beating it over your head that no,
you weren't going to team up with them properly
. It's like you could hear the developers yelling it to the player. :lol

Graffiti was funny as hell. Some of the new regular zombie outfits fit the bars and such well. I liked some aspects of the finale, but
carrying back 10 gas cans, one at a time by yourself because the bots are apparently too inept to do even that really dragged things out. And yes, I did want to play it through on single player so I could take my time and try to hear the dialogue, most of which was interrupted prematurely

Oh, did anyone else have an issue with the intro video playing? I know a lot of people probably have it turned off by now, but it was just a black screen with audio for me until I skipped it.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Blizzard said:
I'M STILL WAITING HERE.

Worth $21 or not worth $21?! $15 is barely even an option.

I'm really surprised this is even a serious discussion. I paid three times as much as you can currently pay for it and I am not in the least bit dissatisfied. For a man who loves TF2 so much, you must not have that much faith in Valve (or they have spoiled you, either one).

Sibylus

Banned
I really enjoyed this campaign, it's a solid addition to the game's lineup.

Spoilery impressions follow.

- I love the golf club, it's impact sound is perfect :3
- The caches are a neat gameplay addition. Already thinking of some applications for my own map.
- Fallen survivors = cool. Tough little bastards and they like to run too.
- Rain and rain storms have returned! Wooo!

- The witch as a bride was a nice touch. Lawl at the stereo event.
- Lol'd multiple times at the bathroom and saferoom scribbles. Great stuff from some great writers.

- I really liked what they did with the streets and buildings, has a lot more "character" than similar spaces in Dead Center.

- For some reason, I end up liking sewer sections in the L4D games. This one was no different, especially had fun running through the cramped catacomb-style tunnel with zombies churning water ahead of us. Cool stuff.

- The L4D1 survivors throwing items to you during the finale was a nice little feature.
- Nooooo Bill D:
- All kinds of questions about how Bill's end is going to play out in the L4D1 campaign. Will it finish in the same area?
- Setting up the finale in an area adjacent to the one you started in was a nice use of space, also allowed for a cool little mini-run moment at the end there.

Shake Appeal said:
Yeah, that finale really taxes the 360. But kinda understandable given how big and open it is.

Pretty awesome campaign. Crash Course 2.0 this is not.
Concur'd. I can see myself playing this one as often as any of the official campaigns.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Okay so I have a question. It seems by what people say that there is more story than I am seeing. Are there FMV clips that just aren't playing for me?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dice said:
Okay so I have a question. It seems by what people say that there is more story than I am seeing. Are there FMV clips that just aren't playing for me?

Yeah, Valve stuffed this DLC to the brim with cutscenes.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Ogs said:
My L4D2 is downloading again (post-DLC), wonder whats new....

Edit - Ah lol

212Mb however....

That's the size of the DLC for the 360. Probably just redownloaded the whole thing.

Sibylus

Banned
Xdrive05 said:
Is the DLC out for PC? I'm in the game but there's no new modes or campaigns visible...
It's been out for a good while today.

Check your campaigns, The Passing is in between Dead Center and Dark Carnival.

Ogs said:

Edit - Ah lol

212Mb however....
You wouldn't happen to be having trouble connecting to games now would you?
I'm most likely gonna have to verify the game's cache.

I have had some troubles connecting tonight. Im guessing the whole network is bogged down. Couldnt connect to any servers so had to host locally, about half way through the game my mate dropped and couldnt connect again (Steam said i wasnt in a game). Trying to join peoples lobbies wouldnt work either, and hosting my own nobody joined. Im guessing its just overloaded or something.

Also ..... :(

Yeah, Valve stuffed this DLC to the brim with cutscenes.

Say what ?

Ogs said:

Edit - Ah lol

212Mb however....

It's probably due to how Steam patches games. The current implementation is that Steam will update the whole file, instead of parts of the file.

ahoyhoy said:
That's the size of the DLC for the 360. Probably just redownloaded the whole thing.

I'm pretty sure the PC version of the DLC was 1GB.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dice said:

No there isnt. The limited interaction you got at the beginning and end was it.

Twig

Banned
I'm gonna go ahead and say realism versus is better than regular versus. THAT is the solution the competitive mod duders should've gone with. Not removing health packs or whatever the fuck.

Yeah. I said it.

SUCK IT BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WHAT.

Stallion Free said:
Valve doesn't really do cutscenes. They make trailers, but they don't put cutscenes in their games.

I know, just thought i heard there was to be some kind of video with a meetup between the 2 groups, like before the mission loads up or viewable elsewhere. Doesn't matter either way as it still "fits" :)

Ogs said:
I know, just thought i heard there was to be some kind of video with a meetup between the 2 groups, like before the mission loads up or viewable elsewhere. Doesn't matter either way as it still "fits" :)

i was looking for more story then oh hey it's a bridge i need to cross

Top Bottom