• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

srenity

Neo Member
Red Scarlet said:
Arrr, got a 0 incap DC, got hit 3x though. BUT!

I think Valve would like THIS, I know I did!
I had that happen to me too! For another try, the Charger actually got a hold of me as he charged and we fell down to our death togehter :lol

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
We need Counterstrike weapons on your sever, Vert.

It'd be the only thing that would make up for the lack of tier 2.

vertopci

morningbus said:
We need Counterstrike weapons on your sever, Vert.

It'd be the only thing that would make up for the lack of tier 2.

If prices were cheaper, I would just straight up buy 12 more slots and turn it into a 10 vs 10 server with PerkMod, points mod and CS weapons. And give all of us reserved slots. On the same team. :lol

I know I haven't played a ton of games now with realism and no tier 2, but has a survivor team ever made it to a safe room? It just seems ridiculously hard now.

BuddhaRockstar said:
I know I haven't played a ton of games now with realism and no tier 2, but has a survivor team ever made it to a safe room? It just seems ridiculously hard now.
I'd imagine it might be possible on Parish 1 if you get a juke-able tank. It definitely requires a very well-organized survivor team, though. I need to get familiar with your playstyles first though. :lol

vertopci

Yea it's very possible on realism with confogl. The only problem with us is that we keep changing teams every game so we don't know really get to know how each of us plays. If we were to use the same teams for 3 or 4 games, the next game after that, you would see survivors making it to the saferoom.

l4d3l.jpg

:lol No way that's real. The one on the left looks like a photoshop of Rochelle's silhouette.. and is that Sam Fisher third from the left?

xero273

but guys, valve says they have a big surprise for E3 and this is it :lol

lol the picture did give me a good laugh though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I would buy it. I have easily gotten 35$'s worth out of L4D2. I still wish all the maps/surv/weapons/infected were playable under one .exe.

Raydeen

Dear Valve,

Please realise Zombie movies are a staple of the American mid-west and not sunny New Orleans, complete with it's bland horizontal based maps that not even some (admittadly) terrific weather storm FX can cover up for sheer zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz boring ness. Kthxbye.

Luv Raydeen

Hint. Get rid of the shitfest that is the Jockey. Beef up the Witch. Make regular stock zombies contrallable for the player on the versus infected side while wating for a special infected respawn. Oh and Zoey & co please return...sorry the L4D2 guys have all the personality of a breeze block.

Red Scarlet

Most good players use the spawn time to go over the next attack, not be a 1 shot zombie that won't do anything. Weird complaints.

drkOne

Raydeen said:
Make regular stock zombies contrallable for the player on the versus infected side while wating for a special infected respawn.
If Valve implements this… I'll blame it on you.
Please edit and explain that you are drunk.

Red Scarlet said:
Most good players use the spawn time to go over the next attack, not be a 1 shot zombie that won't do anything. Weird complaints.
But :( Does that mean I can't alt-tab and play Peggle?
Versus will never be the same ._.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Raydeen said:
Dear Valve,

Please realise Zombie movies are a staple of the American mid-west and not sunny New Orleans, complete with it's bland horizontal based maps that not even some (admittadly) terrific weather storm FX can cover up for sheer zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz boring ness. Kthxbye.

Luv Raydeen

Hint. Get rid of the shitfest that is the Jockey. Beef up the Witch. Make regular stock zombies contrallable for the player on the versus infected side while wating for a special infected respawn. Oh and Zoey & co please return...sorry the L4D2 guys have all the personality of a breeze block.
Mid west? But NotLD, DotD, DotD Remake and L4D all take place in the northeast...

Also the L4d2 definitely have more defining personality and character traits. I like the crew from 1 but they are much more archetypal.

Red Scarlet

Crapppppppppppppp, the guy I do the 2 player stuff wanted me to try a challenge, so I did. Forgot to record though, and it had some neat stuff, like 2 'free smoke pulls' that I got 0 damage from, a tank chase in water and yellow health, a tank and charger before the roller coaster and I was b&w and made it to the safe room too.

:(

This one I did record, and it had some cool stuff, like the absolute worst placed witch I have encountered, 2 levels in a row (but the second one was not bad). I died 3x, as he said just get through. It's Last Man on Earth + getting the gnome to the helicopter. Was pretty fun.

http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/L4D/leadschallenge.zip

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
G-fucking-G last night btw. Incredibly close game, with a really tense finale. <3 Zero using his mic. It gave us that little extra boost to win.

DaFish

Stallion Free said:
G-fucking-G last night btw. Incredibly close game, with a really tense finale. <3 Zero using his mic. It gave us that little extra boost to win.
aw, I missed it... damnit

Volcynika

New mutation is out

Left 4 Dead 2
New mutation: Chainsaw Massacre

In Versus Special Infected bots spawn within 10 seconds of the Survivors leaving the safe room

Shortened spawn times for human Special Infected when the Infected team isn’t full. The time difference is added to the timer of the next bot in line to spawn

Exposed client console variable cl_viewmodelfovsurvivor to let players adjust their viewmodel FOV

To use this type cl_viewmodelfovsurvivor ## in the console. ## can be any number from 0-128 the default is 51

The default FOV is 5? What?

Also, Week 7 details:
New Mutation
Chainsaw Massacre.
4 chainsaws, millions of zombies.

You are armed with the only thing you need to survive a Zombie Apocalypse, a chainsaw. Rip apart thousands of zombies on your way to safety.

This Mutation is available in Campaign Mode.

Loving the Dark
Last week's poll results for the question; What is your favorite campaign?

360 Results
33% Dark Carnival
21% The Passing
17% The Parish
13% Hard Rain
12% Dead Center
5% Swamp Fever

This compares to what was actually played the most last week on the Xbox 360.
27% Dark Carnival
23% Dead Center
21% The Parish
11% Hard Rain
9% The Passing
9% Swamp Fever

PC Results
27% Dark Carnival
21% The Parish
16% Dead Center
16% Hard Rain
15% The Passing
5% Swamp Fever

This compares to what was actually played the most last week on the PC.
26% Dead Center
21% Dark Carnival
20% The Parish
15% The Passing
8% Hard Rain
7% Swamp Fever
3% Community Maps

Volcynika

Poll:Is Less More?
If you could remove one item from the Survivors in Versus, what would it be? Remember to vote in this poll you need to go to the in-game blog and vote there.

Next Week's Mutation: Room For One (Only one survivor can get on the rescue vehicle)

MoFuzz

It sounds as the cl_viewmodelfovsurvivor variable just changes how much of your weapon is visible on screen as opposed to actually changing how wide of a view you have.

I'm not at home to check, but can someone confirm?

Blizzard

Banned
As everyone knows I'm not a fan of campaign, but if I'm around tomorrow I could probably try I Hate Mountains if anyone wants to play. :) (Also it's a l4d1 mod in the l4d2 thread, rage etc.)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yes! Motherfucking yes! I have wanted to have a view model FOV adjustment since the fucking demo. I never understood why the weapons had to be so0 goddamn close, it just looked lame. Time to go fix that to L4D1 FOV levels.

Top Bottom