• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Erebus

Is there any way to host a multiplayer game and start from a specific episode and not from the beginning of the chapter?

I tried typing "maps c2m3" in the command console but this prompts the game to load the map in single player mode.

MoFuzz

DarkUSS said:
Is there any way to host a multiplayer game and start from a specific episode and not from the beginning of the chapter?

I tried typing "maps c2m3" in the command console but this prompts the game to load the map in single player mode.
It has to be done through the lobby system, but yes, you'll find it under match settings.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think Vert's $599 hacks are the real winners.

We should have just ran and started the finale, though.

JudgeN

Need some help here, got a GTX 470 and now L4D2 crashes all the time. Anyone having this issue and or no how to make it stop? Google searches have come up with nothing.

I joined a game of Survival Versus yesterday, and the survivors were just hiding inside the safehouse at the beginning of the Swamp Fever finale level. It was bullshit, as nobody could get to them. Hell, we couldn't even get to the safehouse itself, as control of the tank kept passing between players every few seconds (as it couldn't attack the survivors), and every time we spawned as the tank or something else (after losing control of it), we appeared back at the mansion.

vertopci

Nabs said:
$299, get it right.

Nah dude I upgraded my hacks to the $599 one. Why do you think I own you guys in BC every game?

morningbus said:
I think Vert's $599 hacks are the real winners.

We should have just ran and started the finale, though.

I told the tank to run away so it wouldn't die and then Villain was like "What if they just start the event?". And then I was like "FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Good thing you didn't start it though! :lol

Volcynika

Update

Changes:
New mutation: Four Swordsmen of the Apocalypse

Addon Changes:
By default in single player and co-op gamemodes custom content will eclipse game content.
Addon campaign’s custom content now loads first to avoid conflicts.
In competitive modes addon loading is a server option.
Fixed an exploit that allowed people to modify materials on pure servers.
Default consistency checks now include pak01_dir.vpk. Addon authors should not hack the pak01_dir.vpk directly but instead include content in a VPK.

Server changes:
The "whitelist.cfg" file located in the "steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2" directory is now functional. Instructions on how to use this file are located in the file itself. Basically this allows the server operators to decide what files need consistency checks.

This week's mutation is katanas only with "near continuous streams of infected"

Next week's mutation is Hard Eight

Poll: What's your favorite melee weapon?

Dark Carnival won on both platforms for best finale poll.

Zero mention in the blog (at least seeing it in-game) of survival VS being a permanent mode.

Full blog entry: http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=4051

Four Swordsmen of the Apocalypse, What is your favorite finale? What is your favorite Melee Weapon?

Four Swordsmen of the Apocalypse

Four Swords against plenty of apocalypse!

Armed with only swords the survivors face near continuous streams of Special Infected ready to be sliced and diced.

What is your favorite finale?
Last week we asked, what is your favorite finale? The answer is in and The Parish: Bridge and Dark Carnival: Concert are the winners. In parenthesis is the ranking and percentage the overall campaign had in our favorite campaign poll.

Here are the votes by platform.

Xbox 360
40% Dark Carnival: Concert (1/33%)
26% The Parish: Bridge (3/17%)
11% The Passing: Port (2/21%)
9% Swamp Fever: Plantation (6/5%)
7% Dead Center: Atrium (5/12%)
7% Hard Rain: Escape (4/13%)

PC
32% Dark Carnival: Concert (1/27%)
32% The Parish: Bridge (2/21%)
10% The Passing: Port (5/15%)
10% Dead Center: Atrium (3/16%)
9% Swamp Fever: Plantation (3/16%)
7% Hard Rain: Escape (6/5%)

What is your favorite melee weapon?
This week’s mutation limits you to the sword, but if you could pick any melee weapon which one is your favorite?

To vote enter the game, view the in-game blog, and click to vote.

Next week's mutation: Hard Eight

They held a vote for Realism Versus becoming a permanent mode, so maybe they'll do the same for Survival Versus at some point.

I'm looking forward to Hard Eight next week. No common infected but double the amount of special infected should be very interesting and different.

vazel

Banned
JudgeN said:
Need some help here, got a GTX 470 and now L4D2 crashes all the time. Anyone having this issue and or no how to make it stop? Google searches have come up with nothing.
If you're upgrading GPUs on the same install be sure to at least use Driver Sweeper. I've found Win7 to be more finicky about upgrading hardware than WinXP.

syllogism

Ben2749 said:
They held a vote for Realism Versus becoming a permanent mode, so maybe they'll do the same for Survival Versus at some point.

I'm looking forward to Hard Eight next week. No common infected but double the amount of special infected should be very interesting and different.
Pretty sure it's a survival mutation though

Blizzard

Banned
This is L4D1, but has anyone seen anything like it in L4D1 or L4D2? Aside from L4D2 being crashy and sometimes abruptly going to 12 fps for a while with the latest update, it looks like L4D1 is darker (just like shadows in TF2 were) with my 5850. And in a L4D1 finale, I think there's supposed to be a wall here but:

l4d_airport05_runway003ypt.jpg

I think I completely restarted the game, rejoined the game, and had the same problem.

I've also heard some people say they can see the TF2 cart through walls, and I can't. Maybe they're related to engine updates and stuff.

Plasma

Banned
JudgeN said:

I have the same card and mine used to crash when I first got it but I assumed what ever was causing it got patched by Valve or Nvidia because it doesn't anymore.

Anyway the way I used to fix it was to set shaders to medium.

vertopci

If anyone is down for some VS, we are playing in like...10ish minutes. Just leave a message here or throw me a friend invite on steam.

vertopci

Fucking mutations and their constant updating of servers. All it does it fuck up sourcemod for shitty twists on gameplay that people play once and quit.

Volcynika

Lots of bawwwwww up in here.

Anyways, new mutation on Hard Rain Expert is craaaaaazy. We were stuck at HR 3 forever. Beat the finale on the first try though! Scarlet saved us all.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't even bother trying mutations anymore. I don't get why they release these kinda neat sounding mutations like the current one and last man on earth or whatever it was called, but only have special infected. It should be only common and no infected.

Concept17

:lol soooo unbelievable...never failed so hard before, and so frustrating -_- I got stuck on something...I'm not even sure what, and when I went to move and just fell right down.

syllogism

Stallion Free said:
I don't even bother trying mutations anymore. I don't get why they release these kinda neat sounding mutations like the current one and last man on earth or whatever it was called, but only have special infected. It should be only common and no infected.
At least in this one the SI spawn constantly and during some events and finales there can be more than 4. For instance, 3 smokers spawned during DC rollercoaster, in addition to other SI.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
syllogism said:
At least in this one the SI spawn constantly and during some events and finales there can be more than 4. For instance, 3 smokers spawned during DC rollercoaster, in addition to other SI.
Well that actually seems worse as you have no range weapons in this mode. Goddamn, Valve doesn't seem to be thinking these things through. They really should just put out a nice set up your custom game menu so you can check off the weapons that would be allowed/unlimited ammo/which SI are allowed or common only/etc.

syllogism

Stallion Free said:
Well that actually seems worse as you have no range weapons in this mode. Goddamn, Valve doesn't seem to be thinking these things through. They really should just put out a nice set up your custom game menu so you can check off the weapons that would be allowed/unlimited ammo/which SI are allowed or common only/etc.
You don't need ranged weapons to deal with them, it's pretty fun on expert

Branduil

Concept17 said:
Amen. WAY too many modes...splitting up the community too much.

Yes, GG. Till the part where I dropped a tank through the hole. :( Ah well, I stomped you guys the round before with tank atleast.
I was running right behind that tank when I just saw him disappear down off the screen. :lol

charsace

Stallion Free said:

Branduil said:
I was running right behind that tank when I just saw him disappear down off the screen. :lol

You dudes have to play with me some time!

Top Bottom