• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Daigoro

thinking about it, Hard 8 probably stemmed from the fact that SI "twins" already appeared in the game randomly.

a game mode built around an in-game glitch. sweet. :D

it is actually pretty damn fun though. anyone try it on Expert? is it completely fucking impossible?

Sadist

Good grief Hard Eight is tough :lol

Just when you thought you were safe, another spitter or jockey is up ahead. I played with a few GAF'fers last night, but at one point there were like three witches in one spot. :(

srenity

Neo Member
Daigoro said:
thinking about it, Hard 8 probably stemmed from the fact that SI "twins" already appeared in the game randomly.

a game mode built around an in-game glitch. sweet. :D

it is actually pretty damn fun though. anyone try it on Expert? is it completely fucking impossible?
We did for Dead Center's first chapter. But we just tried to rush through the first and wasn't able to get inside the mall for the second chapter mostly because the Tank spawned there D:

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
I was spectating and I was so confused by that choice of spawn that I was too late to warn you guys.

So basically you fail at L4D2 so hard that you can't even ghost for the other team right.

Sibylus

Banned
I'm not familiar with the trick at all, but I think I know how it goes: the boomer spawns beneath the elevator and lets it crush him, thus spraying everyone inside, correct? (I know that the spray can travel through solid walls if the boomer is inside them. Maybe the same goes for the elevator entity and prop model)

Volcynika

Update earlier today

Updates to Left 4 Dead 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Left 4 Dead 2
Added additional protection for critical files

All add-on files will be loaded when connecting to a Non-Official server regardless of game mode

Only approved custom maps will be loaded when connecting to an Official server

Player's can print the contents of the consistency list with "cl_print_consistency_list". If the server has sv_consistency disabled, the user will be notified when they attempt to print the list

Improvement to Hammer load times

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Nabs said:
even with all the hax, last nights game was pretty good

Yeah, I'm glad you guys ended up winning because I'm pretty sure Branduil was fixing to trace my I.P. and murder me in my sleep.

Volcynika

Healthpackalypse is out

Poll is voting for encore mutation. Survival versus plz!

PC players getting VS updates soon.

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=4115

WEEK 14
July 23, 2010 - L4D Team

Mutation Week 14: Healthpackalypse!, What else are you playing?, Pick Your Mutation, extra updates.

Healthpackalypse!
No health in this versus game.

Grind down the Survivors and don’t worry about them bouncing back. With no Health kits in Versus, their permanent health is on a one way ride to zero.

What else are you playing?
Last week we asked, what else are you playing? On the Left 4 Dead 2 team, our own poll winners are Modern Warfare 2 and Team Fortress 2. Red Dead Redemption would have won a few weeks ago.

With None of these Winning the PC poll and coming in second on the Xbox, what else are you playing? Let us know in the forums or on Facebook.

Here are your votes by platform.

PC
27% None Of These
25% Team Fortress 2
16% Modern Warfare 2
11% Bad Company 2
11% Counter-Strike Source
7% GTA 4
2% Empire Total War
2% Football Manager 2010

Xbox 360
32% Modern Warfare 2
16% None Of These
13% Halo 3
12% Red Dead Redemption
8% Gears of War 2
7% Bad Company 2
5% GTA 4
5% Crackdown 2
2% FIFA 2010

Pick Your Mutation?
It's time to pick your favorite Mutation! Vote for next week's Encore Mutation.
To vote enter the game, view the in-game blog, and click to vote.

Extra Updates
PC players will also be getting some Versus updates this coming week. We have more updates coming so don’t think this is all we are going to do. These changes will show up on the Xbox 360 in a later update.

Next week's Mutation: ????

Branduil

t7xxex.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Minamu said:
Started up a healthpackalypse game and I was greeted with
"how much dick have you sucked Minamu?"
:lol
I was impressed, in last night's game, I didn't hear anyone telling other people to "eat a dick". :lol

This was only because I was not on stallion and vert's team, however.

Minamu

I think this was the first time that someone has been so direct to ME :lol I responded with "5 kilos" and the host said "oh, just me then" in the blink of an eye xD

Blizzard

Banned
While I understand that limiting weapons to melee, (single only?) pistols, and one hunting rifle makes it possible for the infected team to kill survivors more feasibly, I think it feels a little weird. But with chainsaws, miniguns, medkits, and a variety of other automatic weaponry, I'm not really sure how Valve intended versus mode to work. :lol Why did they make the hunter weaker in l4d2? Why did they make the tank run so slowly when it's on fire, to say nothing of explosive ammo? I really don't know.

Sibylus

Banned
So Left 4 Dead 2 has basically become virtually unplayable for me because of severe lag issues. net_graph tells me that my "in" value is multiplied by roughly 10 times (sometimes by even more) when I experience radically high ping or severe warping. What exactly does in signify, and what can I do to help keep it under control?

morningbus

Ouch, that's pretty bad. Can you change your DNS servers, Botolf? Your ISP might be throttling your connection.

Blizzard

Banned
Blizzard said:
While I understand that limiting weapons to melee, (single only?) pistols, and one hunting rifle makes it possible for the infected team to kill survivors more feasibly, I think it feels a little weird. But with chainsaws, miniguns, medkits, and a variety of other automatic weaponry, I'm not really sure how Valve intended versus mode to work. :lol Why did they make the hunter weaker in l4d2? Why did they make the tank run so slowly when it's on fire, to say nothing of explosive ammo? I really don't know.
I just realized today that I messed this up. The mod I was playing allowed normal shotguns, machine pistols (or whatever those silenced things are), and Uzi submachineguns as well. I think I saw someone saying the shotguns are really bad so no one uses them much though.

I also tried a magnum, or some large 8-shot pistol, and it felt powerful and satisfying...until I found out I needed 3-5 shots to kill smokers with it. :lol Or else the bullet spray is really bad, or damage really tapers off at distance, or something similar.

morningbus

Botolf said:
Not exactly sure how to accomplish the bolded. Tutorial plz.

See if OpenDNS can help you (https://www.opendns.com/start/), as that's what I'm using. They'll walk you through the setup process, but if you don't have access to your router's setup page and just connect directly via a cable/dsl modem, you may be out of luck here.

You don't even have to sign up with them (though that'll make it easier). Just login to your router's setup and find the section that says static DNS 1 & 2 and enter 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220, respectively. Save and you're ready to go.

Hope that helps you out!

Sibylus

Banned
morningbus said:
See if OpenDNS can help you (https://www.opendns.com/start/), as that's what I'm using. They'll walk you through the setup process, but if you don't have access to your router's setup page and just connect directly via a cable/dsl modem, you may be out of luck here.

You don't even have to sign up with them (though that'll make it easier). Just login to your router's setup and find the section that says static DNS 1 & 2 and enter 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220, respectively. Save and you're ready to go.

Hope that helps you out!
Okay, I *think* I got it working. Hopefully it'll help :>

Thanks!

Concept17

Man I wish I could have got into the last couple games with you guys. The pubs I've been playing on have been terrible, and my other group of friends have been irritating the piss out of me.

Top Bottom