• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Sibylus

Banned
sgnhh said:
This really takes the piss out of people who got the Expert achievements legitimately. Bummer, sort of.
Speaking as someone who's survived Expert on all 6 campaigns and one on Expert Realism, not really. That accomplishment is still mine! :3

Does the M60 mutation really count towards expert? I beat the mall campaign and checked the achievement list and still have 0/6 complete.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mr Sandman said:
Does the M60 mutation really count towards expert? I beat the mall campaign and checked the achievement list and still have 0/6 complete.
Yeah, I finished up 3 tonight. Dark Carnival fails to load the 5th map though, and someone fucked us over on Parish :(

Stallion Free said:
Yeah, I finished up 3 tonight. Dark Carnival fails to load the 5th map though, and someone fucked us over on Parish :(
Wooo, it finally updated. Good shit. Also, I meant 0/5 for the campaigns. :D

Branduil

Wait, is Midnight Ride supposed to always play during the Dark Carnival finale? Because I've never heard it play before. I only noticed the difference watching a youtube video a minute ago.

Branduil said:
Wait, is Midnight Ride supposed to always play during the Dark Carnival finale? Because I've never heard it play before. I only noticed the difference watching a youtube video a minute ago.
Yes. Both Midnight Ride & One Bad Man.

Minamu

ArjanN said:
No, those 2 are still coming. Next week is Iron Man.
Alright, thought so :)

Gonna try for the expert achievements too. Last, Dark Carnivale Finale wouldn't load, and I received a car to my face on the Parish bridge... >_<

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah, just a heads up: loading the finale map in Dark Carnival in Gib Mode appears to be broken for most people so I wouldn't bother trying that for now.

Branduil

Jeff Stephen said:
Yes. Both Midnight Ride & One Bad Man.
Yeah, I figured it out, my music volume was too low, I couldn't hear it over the fireworks, zombies, and guns. Though it was the same volume as the sounds, I guess it has to be much higher.

Just went through the 1st campaign with a mate and 2 randoms on Expert Gib Mode, most fun ive had in ages :lol Gonna plow through the rest later ! Any word on the Dark Carnival problem ?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Rickard said:
When you use the special ammo does it run out?
You get a full M60 clip of it, 150 rounds. It will tell you how many are left and then it reverts back to a constant 150 normal rounds in the counter when you run out.

Stallion Free said:
Yeah, just a heads up: loading the finale map in Dark Carnival in Gib Mode appears to be broken for most people so I wouldn't bother trying that for now.
It's probably not possible to beat it up to that point, then quit and continue it later (on normal Expert) is it?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mr Sandman said:
It's probably not possible to beat it up to that point, then quit and continue it later (on normal Expert) is it?
Nope, we tried just selecting the map on it's own and starting from there and it just kicked us back to the menu. It also appears you have to do the entire campaign in one go anyways.

Erebus

Stallion Free said:
And I was wondering why the game crashed upon loading the concert map.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Rubezh said:
The thread on Steampowered seems to suggest that the finale works if you host a local listen server.
I checked this out and I can confirm that the map loads in properly if you select local host instead of a dedicated server.

4/5 campaigns down, I'm gonna try to roll through Dark Carnival tonight to wrap it up.

Branduil

Stallion Free said:
I checked this out and I can confirm that the map loads in properly if you select local host instead of a dedicated server.

4/5 campaigns down, I'm gonna try to roll through Dark Carnival tonight to wrap it up.
Will it still give you the achievements if you choose local?

Branduil

Sadist said:
Yes please.

Gibfest is fun and way to over-powered :p
It works even with 3 bots. Play on Gib-Fest, easy. Open the airplane door to start the event, then quickly run back, the way you came, until you reach the outhouse. Hide in the outhouse with the bots outside and then all you have to do is wait for the bots to kill all of the hordes.

Minamu

Branduil said:
It works even with 3 bots. Play on Gib-Fest, easy. Open the airplane door to start the event, then quickly run back, the way you came, until you reach the outhouse. Hide in the outhouse with the bots outside and then all you have to do is wait for the bots to kill all of the hordes.
Thanks, that worked perfectly :D

Goddamn bot idiots! >_< I gave up on the Passing finale after 7+ tries. I wish bots could collect gas cans, then it'd be a cinch (not really). Even with M60's they're still stupid :( I'm never gonna get any expert achievements...

Branduil

Okay, even in Gibfest trying to win Dark Carnival in expert is ridiculous. IT SPAWNED A FREAKING WITCH IN THE SAFE ROOM AT THE END OF BARNS. Right at the entrance. I died in the freaking safe room at the end of the level.

vazel

Banned
I've noticed the game spawning bot special infected in the safe room a lot recently. I think it's meant to deter rushing without your teammates. Me and my friends always rush versus matches and when one of us makes it to the safe room first and the other team has a bot special infected from missing a player(rage!) that often happens. It has killed one of us once.

Branduil

GO TO HELL VALVE. It didn't count my DK as finished because I got incapped as the helicoptor was taking off. Are you serious, Valve? Yet another reason why DK is the worst campaign ever.

vazel

Banned
If Dark Carnival finale is giving you trouble and you really want that achievement then just glitch it. You can use a construction machine to jump on slabs of wood. And as long as every player remains on those slabs nothing will spawn not even tanks.

ArjanN

Branduil said:
Okay, even in Gibfest trying to win Dark Carnival in expert is ridiculous. IT SPAWNED A FREAKING WITCH IN THE SAFE ROOM AT THE END OF BARNS. Right at the entrance. I died in the freaking safe room at the end of the level.

It's definately the hardest part of the game.
And yeah it often spawns a witch or a tank in the 'safe' room there.

Gibfest does really make all the difference there because you can keep running forward while shooting non-stop. Without Gibfest you'll have to reload halfway through, and then you get surrounded and murdered by the normal infected.

vazel said:
If Dark Carnival finale is giving you trouble and you really want that achievement then just glitch it. You can use a construction machine to jump on slabs of wood. And as long as every player remains on those slabs nothing will spawn not even tanks.

The finale of Dark Carnival is a piece of cake anyway compared to the map before it. The only real danger is getting knocked down and then getting left behind by your teammates.

vazel

Banned
ArjanN said:
The finale of Dark Carnival is a piece of cake anyway compared to the map before it. The only real danger is getting knocked down and then getting left behind by your teammates.
Sometimes at the end the the tank spawns next to the helicopter. The same shit happens at the hard rain finale where as you're waiting for the boat to come a tank spawns near the dock. In expert mode all it takes is one hit from the tank from his rocks(which in expert mode are like homing missiles if you're out in the open) or punches.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Minamu said:
Thanks, that worked perfectly :D

Goddamn bot idiots! >_< I gave up on the Passing finale after 7+ tries. I wish bots could collect gas cans, then it'd be a cinch (not really). Even with M60's they're still stupid :( I'm never gonna get any expert achievements...
You don't need to do The Passing on Expert.

Branduil

Yeah, I beat it on the second run. The witch spawned in the safe room at the end of Barns again, but this time I knew the director's tricks and let Rochelle bot eat it. :lol

Erebus

Anyone up for the escape chapter of Dead Center (gibfest) on extreme? I've managed to retrieve and use 10 fuel cans but stupid AI isn't helping me much when the Tank spawns.

EDIT: Never mind, I completed it after a few tries. AI is still stupid though.

Blizzard

Banned
By the way, I forgot to point that over half of the people in the last vote chose the correct answer for who or what to have on a deserted island -- bringing back Zoey!

I don't mind Ellis TOO much but we could get rid of the guy in the white suit or something.

Minamu

Volcynika said:
Dead Center
Dark Carnival
Swamp Fever
Hard Rain
The Parish

Counting is fun! :p
:lol Right! Counting is NOT fun.

Died twice on Parish finale. Even when 3/4 players were idling, we still get owned (the fourth guy had already done it, and he's the one who made it to the chopper >_<)

1-D_FTW

Minamu said:
:lol Right! Counting is NOT fun.

Died twice on Parish finale. Even when 3/4 players were idling, we still get owned (the fourth guy had already done it, and he's the one who made it to the chopper >_<)

I think it's easiest to do these things with the bots. Just plow straight ahead and kill everything in your path.

As for Parish finale, you are saving a stim shot for the ending, right?

Minamu

1-D_FTW said:
I think it's easiest to do these things with the bots. Just plow straight ahead and kill everything in your path.

As for Parish finale, you are saving a stim shot for the ending, right?
Sure, but someone seem to be bound to screw up in some fashion :S Of course, I've only tried gib-fest in PUGs with no mics.

Top Bottom